Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Indoor water filter, Which is the best?

views

slackinux
post Apr 10 2012, 06:03 PM

Casual
339 posts

Everybody knows BMW is the best car in the world. How many in Malaysia afford to buy BMW ? Same thing applies to Amway eSpring.
phoenix69
post Apr 10 2012, 08:19 PM

Regular
1,835 posts

QUOTE(slackinux @ Apr 10 2012, 06:03 PM)
Everybody knows BMW is the best car in the world. How many in Malaysia afford to buy BMW ? Same thing applies to Amway eSpring.
Aquasana approx half the price of all the brands mentioned above.
And....... Its NSF Certified. thumbup.gif
skng03
post Apr 10 2012, 08:43 PM

Regular
1,450 posts

bmw / eSpring = best, i don't think so hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
weikee
post Apr 10 2012, 09:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,018 posts

Maybe to you BMW is, but to other is not. How do you define best car in the world?

stevie8
post Apr 10 2012, 10:39 PM

Regular
1,364 posts

QUOTE(chanti-sama @ Apr 9 2012, 01:17 AM)
this one is the atmospheric water gen? sounds complex... wouldnt that have high energy consumption?
You are right. Atmospheric water generator it is. I forgot the name hahaha sily me.

Not really. you got the option to pipe in station in your kitchen and when you need it to be mobile like having party you can push it to your porch, garden. Or if you are a tea drinker you can roll it to your living room. Hot and cold water ready. I bought one becasue I like to drink chinese tea. If you know what chinese tea drinking is all about you will apprecaite this machine. The small tea pot is what we use and it has its purpose if you know what i mean if you are a person who enjoy chinese tea drinking.

Added on April 10, 2012, 10:45 pm
QUOTE(MugenK20A @ Apr 10 2012, 12:44 PM)
I've been using Amway Water Treatment System for yrs wit no problem. The only downside is the water filter replacement & UV light which is kinda pricey.
The UV tech by Amway is primitive. You must change the bulb every year. My water filter with better technology and design for the same UV it takes many years to change if it is compared to other designs.

All water filter need replacement. Depending on the source of water. My water filter generate its own water, the source is much much clearner and therefore the fitler last many times over.

This post has been edited by stevie8: Apr 10 2012, 10:45 PM
cwhong
post Apr 10 2012, 11:39 PM

Growth company seeker ..... :)
4,341 posts

QUOTE(stevie8 @ Apr 10 2012, 10:39 PM)
You are right. Atmospheric water generator it is. I forgot the name hahaha sily me.

Not really. you got the option to pipe in station in your kitchen and when you need it to be mobile like having party you can push it to your porch, garden. Or if you are a tea drinker you can roll it to your living room. Hot and cold water ready. I bought one becasue I like to drink chinese tea. If you know what chinese tea drinking is all about you will apprecaite this machine. The small tea pot is what we use and it has its purpose if you know what i mean if you are a person who enjoy chinese tea drinking.

Added on April 10, 2012, 10:45 pm
The UV tech by Amway is primitive. You must change the bulb every year. My water filter with better technology and design for the same UV it takes many years to change if it is compared to other designs.

All water filter need replacement. Depending on the source of water. My water filter generate its own water, the source is much much clearner and therefore the fitler last many times over.
what brand is ur water filter?
stevie8
post Apr 11 2012, 12:40 AM

Regular
1,364 posts

QUOTE(cwhong @ Apr 10 2012, 11:39 PM)
what brand is ur water filter?
The product name is Hendrex. It is a water generator. A good filter must make sure it is safe to drink and to be approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA).

There are many things to consider buying a potable or drinking filter system and ensure it is in tip top condition all the time and cost of maintenace like filter replacement. No use pay initial investment and leave it to rot. It is worse if you cannot maintain the filter. and un-maintain filter water is worse than drinking unfiltered tap water.

First is the source of water. The dirtier the water the higher the cost of purification. You got to change the filters often and it clogged too.

2nd, is to remove as much impurities as possible and fresh water with little contamination. Rain water is the best natural water for drinking as it is fresh and purer cleaning our bodies. If our tap water is from upper stream the better. Lower stream mostly highly contaminated. Rain water is life water. Ever heard of dead water? Water that are stagnant/still water or non running water in a pool, like mining pond water. Dont collect water from these areas. Running water that flow all the time as it refresh and constantly being replaced by newer water. The purer the water the better.

3rd, to ensure there is no bacteria and virus and any other micro organism present. The only way for home filter is UV. You see why Amway uses UV. All others with no UV they cannot assure you of virus/bac free. The container or the filter itself live the virus and bacteria. Our tap water has chlorine if you thing cholrine is bad then think about drinking bacteria! The activated carbon remove chlorine from one filter to another those multistage filters. And if you think it is good then care to take sample of the water and look at it with microscope, you dont believe what you see. Because the carbon filter remove the bacteria killing agent (chlorine) and they live in the filter! You need UV. Of course not all bacteria cause us problem. Even when they do our body fight them without us knowing and we usually win but at a price, a weaken body.

This Hendrex has Activated carbon filter, RO, UV. The source of water is from the air moisture, the air that we breath, that form rain. The water generated is very pure and fresh, should there be any chemical present it will be absorbed by the activated carbon and yet it go thru RO to make sure no dirt present up to 0.0001 micron. It then go thru another activated carbon to sweethen the water so that it take like natural stream water. and finally before you drink it as you dispend the water the UV kills any micro organism that present in the filter/tank and to your glass. The UV only turn on as the water flow thru it to your glass. That is why the UV can last and be as good as it is after 10 year unlike most other that on most if not all the time (what a waste of its effectiveness). Maintenance of filter is low becasue the source of water is very pure. And to make it perfect the filter/dispenser is mobile with wheels and you can have icy cool water or 88 to 94 degree C hot water.

BTW, the filters are all made in USA and FDA approved filters every one of them including the UV by phillips.
phoenix69
post Apr 11 2012, 10:58 AM

Regular
1,835 posts

QUOTE(stevie8 @ Apr 11 2012, 12:40 AM)
The product name is Hendrex. It is a water generator. A good filter must make sure it is safe to drink and to be approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA).

There are many things to consider buying a potable or drinking filter system and ensure it is in tip top condition all the time and cost of maintenace like filter replacement. No use pay initial investment and leave it to rot. It is worse if you cannot maintain the filter. and un-maintain filter water is worse than drinking unfiltered tap water.

First is the source of water. The dirtier the water the higher the cost of purification. You got to change the filters often and it clogged too.

2nd, is to remove as much impurities as possible and fresh water with little contamination. Rain water is the best natural water for drinking as it is fresh and purer cleaning our bodies. If our tap water is from upper stream the better. Lower stream mostly highly contaminated. Rain water is life water. Ever heard of dead water? Water that are stagnant/still water or non running water in a pool, like mining pond water. Dont collect water from these areas. Running water that flow all the time as it refresh and constantly being replaced by newer water. The purer the water the better.

3rd, to ensure there is no bacteria and virus and any other micro organism present. The only way for home filter is UV. You see why Amway uses UV. All others with no UV they cannot assure you of virus/bac free. The container or the filter itself live the virus and bacteria. Our tap water has chlorine if you thing cholrine is bad then think about drinking bacteria! The activated carbon remove chlorine from one filter to another those multistage filters. And if you think it is good then care to take sample of the water and look at it with microscope, you dont believe what you see. Because the carbon filter remove the bacteria killing agent (chlorine) and they live in the filter! You need UV. Of course not all bacteria cause us problem. Even when they do our body fight them without us knowing and we usually win but at a price, a weaken body.

This Hendrex has Activated carbon filter, RO, UV. The source of water is from the air moisture, the air that we breath, that form rain. The water generated is very pure and fresh, should there be any chemical present it will be absorbed by the activated carbon and yet it go thru RO to make sure no dirt present up to 0.0001 micron. It then go thru another activated carbon to sweethen the water so that it take like natural stream water. and finally before you drink it as you dispend the water the UV kills any micro organism that present in the filter/tank and to your glass. The UV only turn on as the water flow thru it to your glass. That is why the UV can last and be as good as it is after 10 year unlike most other that on most if not all the time (what a waste of its effectiveness). Maintenance of filter is low becasue the source of water is very pure. And to make it perfect the filter/dispenser is mobile with wheels and you can have icy cool water or 88 to 94 degree C hot water.

BTW, the filters are all made in USA and FDA approved filters every one of them including the UV by phillips.
It must the the Bugatti Veyron of water filter liao blink.gif
So far the priciest water filter I've encountered is RM30K
How much is this ??

This post has been edited by phoenix69: Apr 12 2012, 09:02 AM
zheilwane
post Apr 13 2012, 04:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,748 posts

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
ykl
post Apr 13 2012, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Apr 13 2012, 04:05 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
zheilwane, how is the performance of this 2 filter? how about the maintenance cost? the price include installation?

This post has been edited by ykl: Apr 13 2012, 04:52 PM
MugenK20A
post Apr 14 2012, 08:32 AM

Regular
1,244 posts

Any review on this 3M water filter?
stevie8
post Apr 14 2012, 10:54 PM

Regular
1,364 posts

How it work? Any special filter media in it? Care to explain?
weikee
post Apr 14 2012, 11:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,018 posts

QUOTE(MugenK20A @ Apr 14 2012, 08:32 AM)
Any review on this 3M water filter?
Drank for 4+ months still a live. My daughter also healthy. We drink direct from tap. biggrin.gif
zheilwane
post Apr 14 2012, 11:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,748 posts

weikee and some of the forumers here are using weikee, according to them this product is quite good. Actually, i got to know about this product from weikee's post, saw the design and NSF, so called up 3M and now we are selling it smile.gif

THe outdoor filter is very small and suitable for Condos or Apartments which do not have much space. Do not require to backwash, so no mess in your condos. However, you will need to replace the cartridge approximately 1 year once, depending on hw much water u use and how dirty your water is.

Added on April 14, 2012, 11:10 pmWe will b open 2molo (sunday) from 10am - 6pm, if interested can drop by to have a look. We are usually close on sunday.

You can call us for direction once u reach Kepong, we are facing the main road (same row as hong leong bank)
Tel : 03-62572412

Here is my location
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...D19&h=WAQGLVakP

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Apr 14 2012, 11:12 PM
MugenK20A
post Apr 15 2012, 12:53 PM

Regular
1,244 posts

What is the damages for this 3M Outdoor Water Filter + installation?
weikee
post Apr 15 2012, 06:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,018 posts

QUOTE(MugenK20A @ Apr 15 2012, 12:53 PM)
What is the damages for this 3M Outdoor Water Filter + installation?
Outdoor should be around 1.1k +-

MugenK20A
post Apr 15 2012, 09:23 PM

Regular
1,244 posts

If rm1.1k, then is cheaper than Amway selling one. But brand not Amway hmm.gif
Katlova
post Apr 23 2012, 11:39 AM

2 posts

Hi.
I just used diamond recently. Previously just use the small panasonic filter. And before... never tot of using one.

If diamond was a cheater.. Have anyone made consumer complaint or police report? They are very much alive till now..

And i regret buying the diamond cos.. I have been using normal water and we are all healthy. No issues with health. Small kitchen filter would have suffice...

Unless the area i live in has bad quality water ie rusty.. Brownish.. Then i shall invest in a proper filtration system..
JW3333
post Apr 23 2012, 01:59 PM

25 posts

For those who interested with eSpring Water Filter system may visit below link:-

http://www.amway.my/at-home/eSpring

Kindly pm for best offer and service if interested.

Thanks.
venven81
post Apr 23 2012, 06:16 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(JW3333 @ Apr 23 2012, 01:59 PM)
For those who interested with eSpring Water Filter system may visit below link:-

http://www.amway.my/at-home/eSpring

Kindly pm for best offer and service if interested.

Thanks.
i recently just purchased a unit of eSpring after doing some research on indoor water filter system. initially i have paid RM300 deposit to Coway for one of its unit (can't remember its model name) in an exhibition without much research but after knowing about eSpring then only i did my research on various indoor water filter system. at the end, eSpring came up as the most desired one due to its many strengths compared to the rest and i'm willing to lose my RM300 deposit. the initial cost could be slightly more but the running cost is very reasonable and much cheaper if you compare to the other brands. hope this helps! cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by venven81: May 2 2012, 04:00 PM

11 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2020 - 03:34 AM