10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester City FC - EPL Champion 2011/12, Fulham 1 - 2 City

views

CityBluePrint
post May 17 2011, 06:53 AM

29 posts

user posted image

Added on May 17, 2011, 6:58 amhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Sh-Manal-bint-Mohammed-bin-Rashid-Al-Maktoum/197911157587

This post has been edited by CityBluePrint: May 17 2011, 06:58 AM
CityBluePrint
post May 19 2011, 10:29 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(DriksoN @ May 18 2011, 04:21 PM)
City 3 - 0 Stoke

Nothing wrong with the scoreline there at all! We were fantastic throughout the whole game. And it's really assuring to see our captain came straight back into the team and started scoring again. I've missed scoreline like this! It's been a long time since we last won by such a margin, I guess we can expect more of the same now with Tevez back in. It's just so much different to see him spearhead our attack, we always looked like scoring. Anyway, glad to see Milner played well too.

Let's rally on and clinch that 3rd spot on the final game!

P/S: Tevez' freekick was sweeeeeet!  drool.gif

COME ON CITY!
Yes Tevez freekick was the best I have seen so far this season (short & sweeeeeeeeeet biggrin.gif on the short side) with AJ as decoy.

Yup City is sussed on Stoke's set-up pieces (45% of their goals are comprised of that). City has size & finesse power, especially with Micah back in the lineup & Mario to help the defense, to counter Stoke's.

How we perform @ Reebok stadium will define our coming CL season.

Mind you Daniel Sturridge, our former Academy Product, is one striker we should be wary of. 8 goals in 11 appearances on the trot for the Trotters.
Unbelievable that we let him go to Chelsea. We can rightly blame Hughes (his inability to 'soft manage' players) et al, if irony of ironies, he score against us.

At least Chelsea has the sense to loan him out.

Who do you think should be Etihad Player of the year?
CityBluePrint
post May 21 2011, 01:53 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(DriksoN @ May 20 2011, 01:25 AM)
IMO, I think Kompany deserves it the most. He's been so consistent this season and a rock solid at the back. Be it with Kolo or Lescott, he's rarely put a foot wrong for us. And not to forget the time when he carried us through without Tevez. Anyone would be absolutely mental not to choose him as our Player of the Year. Honourable mention to the likes of Silva, de Jong, Zaba and Yaya too for being brilliant as well, and of course our Captain Fantastic himself.. Carlos Tevez. Truth is, they are all vital to us and we couldn't have enjoyed such a wonderful season without all of the players. I'm really proud with whatever we've achieved so far and no doubt I'm looking forward to more success in the coming future.

Let's hope we end this season on high with a 3 points at the Reebok!
Yes VK or YaYa (because of his scoring @ Wembley and escaping from the clutches of Vidic). Joint Player?
Special mention to Super Mario for being a saint in the midst of agitatation surrounded by a
sorry lot of red devils who IMO can't take defeat graciously for the victors to celebrate by leaving the pitch.

I'm rooting for Tevez for the top PL goalscorer title.
It looks likely he'll be gone. IMO To RM, thats why Ade is not RM or Mourihno's target anymore.

CityBluePrint
post May 23 2011, 04:26 PM

29 posts

Yup just announced. Vincent Kompany has won the Etihad Player of the Year.

Etihad Player of the Year, in association with the Manchester City Supporters Club: Vincent Kompany

Manchester City Supporters Club Young Player of the Year: Mario Balotelli

Jaguar Players' Player of the Year: Vincent Kompany

Goal of the Season: Carlos Tevez v Stoke home - free kick

Performance of the Season: Joe Hart v Spurs away

Moment of the Season: Lifting the FA Cup.

CITC Player of the Year: Patrick Vieira

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/May/...the-Year-double
CityBluePrint
post May 23 2011, 04:32 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(Kerplunk @ May 21 2011, 04:45 PM)
even i'm surprised by daniel's fairly rapid rise to prominence, and he's slowly proving to be a diamond in the rough for us. some fans were worried about his slightly cocky attitude but i think as a striker sometimes u need a bit of that. the lad has confidence in spades when it comes to his own ability and that's aided him to hit the ground running with bolton, even when he was rarely used in chelsea's first team. next season we'll see if he can make a claim for our best signing in years.  smile.gif

about tevez leaving i don't think its necessarily such a bad thing for u guys, as he'll be sold for top, top dollar because of his consistent form and resistance towards injury. clubs can forget about ripping u off, and it can help to bring out the best in edin dzeko who's been largely cast under the shadow of the argentinian. sometimes that can liberate a player as we all know dzeko was the man for wolfsburg, and since he's more 'senior' than balotelli, i think he'd be eager to be city's main marksman for the new season.
Daniel did us a favour indirectly by being too 'strong'.
Was worried about him. He is a game changer.

QUOTE(THE ZUL @ May 23 2011, 01:59 AM)
cool! even same points with Chelsea.
and yeah Dzeko netted in!
Hope the floodgates open for him this coming season! biggrin.gif
CityBluePrint
post May 23 2011, 04:40 PM

29 posts

For the next while we will be innundated with rumours of buying & selling of players. To start with, lets see what the media has to say lately

There's no sign of last week's ludicrous Ronaldo rumour, but there are other big names being linked with us - the People say we have already launched a bid for Cesc Fabregas with Luka Modric mentioned if that fails. The same article says that Roberto Mancini also wants Wesley Snijder and Ashley Young. Kudos to the sub-editor for the headline of "Smash and Grabu Dhabi" - do you see what they did there?

The Daily Star Sunday says we are after Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero, and the same paper's Scottish edition has Rangers player Greg Wylde praising our on-loan winger Vladimir Weiss for his contribution to their successful title tilt.

The Mail sums the season up in numbers and tells us something we already knew - that Joe Hart is England's number one, with a shot-saving percentage of 76%

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say...-frame-for-City

Wesley might be @ SB if MVB is the next manager?
Our targets might be contingent on Tevez status.
Will he be present @ today's parade?

Added on May 24, 2011, 1:58 amMancini wants to have City targets realize within 40 days (mcfc.co.uk).
He wants Alexis Sanchez.

This post has been edited by CityBluePrint: May 24 2011, 01:58 AM
CityBluePrint
post May 25 2011, 02:12 AM

29 posts

Aguero released a statement on Monday night that revealed he had asked the club to consider offers. "I said long ago that when I wanted to go, I would say publicly. And the time has come," it read.

"So I keep my word and here I am. I find it hard to leave Atletico. It hurts and saddens me," Aguero said on his official website. "I've thought long and hard and I am convinced that I must be true to myself.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ico-Madrid.html

We should 'SIGN HIM UP'

Another 20+ goal scorer!
CityBluePrint
post May 25 2011, 06:11 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(THE ZUL @ May 25 2011, 05:59 AM)
Aguero is great sign but i hope he can adapt BPL style.

if failed city can make a HUGE bid to sanchez! he could be winger and striker. versatile player

same case like Silva at his earlier debut he quite hard to adapt to bpl... but at last he found his touch.
I have seen Kun played, upclose & live, eversince his U20 WC performance where he was the man among the boys (voted Golden Boot Golden Ball). Oh yeah even Pato there was a boy compared to him

He exceeded my expectations with his subsequent la liga club performance simply eclipsing that of former AM player Torres. He is like Tevez but he has also an uncanny ability to produce goals thats a delight to watch. If he comes to PL, I won't be surprised that he match or exceed Tevez or even Torres strike rates.

Yes thats what they said about Silva.

For ~45m euros City can't go wrong.

This post has been edited by CityBluePrint: May 25 2011, 06:13 AM
CityBluePrint
post May 27 2011, 06:32 AM

29 posts

Kolo banned for 6 months (retroactive from March 2) for this first time offender.
He is also under 'Parole' for 2 years effective May 26.

The Panel "took into consideration the circumstances behind his use of water tablets belonging to his wife with Wenger as a "character witness in the media. He is a boy that has a clean life, a very honest living. I just think it is a mistake "

CityBluePrint
post May 27 2011, 10:27 AM

29 posts

Is the accord signed between Atletico Madrid & City?
All I want for Christmas (early gift) is Aguero.
To mitigate or meet the forthcoming FFP we need to broaden our fan base. Not Korean engine ( ala Park) but Japan Honda. In the works according to ESPN. Accord model?
CityBluePrint
post Jun 11 2011, 08:18 PM

29 posts

Will we sign Honda?
The Best Asian Player!
He has pace, power and lethal strikes & he is young too.
His performance will leave others 'in parked poistion' in his wake as he zoomed by. nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif wink.gif

Added on June 18, 2011, 1:32 amWhy they call Mario .... Super Mario

Away from the glare of the tabloid mischief-makers in the UK and Italy, Mario has a caring and compassionate side that few get to see, mostly because he shuns publicity from his visits to orphanages and children's homes. In fact, we had to prise these images away from a close family member to illustrate that the 20-year-old has more than just football on his mind.

Compared to most of the other footballers Super Mario is a Saint if only I can put a halo on this pic

user posted image

Why post the above publicity? Because of all the inordinate negative publicity spin contrived by the mischief makers in this forum too. nod.gif

Diametrically opposite to what is true & genuine of this lad growing up in a milieu hostile to aliens and now plying his football skills against all odds. Hence my small contribution in lauding him.

No one can say that he is a paragon of virtue (thank goodness he is not married)

Mario admitted he'd never had such a grilling at the Q&A! Questions ranged from 'Why do you keep changing your girlfriend?' to whether he liked Manchester and English football - he likes both by the way - and what was the meaning of his existence from a young lad called Yuri! In fact, Mario admitted he'd had a fantastic day and plans to keep close ties with Casa del Sole in the future.

As he left, he was presented with some gifts and plants the children had grown in the greenhouse and was told by one of the staff, "You did all this. You made them so happy, Mario."

Yes he made me biggrin.gif because of his performance (MOTM) @ Wembley. He was a decorum of perfection. A GOOD LAD.

This post has been edited by CityBluePrint: Jun 18 2011, 01:32 AM
CityBluePrint
post Jun 22 2011, 10:30 PM

29 posts

Winning Colours

user posted image
CityBluePrint
post Jun 24 2011, 03:24 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(robertngo @ Jun 21 2011, 07:56 PM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-...?urn=sow-wp2623

user posted image

On Sunday, 22-year-old Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy won his first major when he finished the U.S. Open with an eight stroke lead. On Monday, Manchester United's official website republished an interview with McIlroy from March that details his love for the club. And how his dad (pictured above) is a Man City fan.
Funnily enough, McIlory just so happened to be wearing City colors when he won. And though his clothing is dictated by his sponsor, it's still somewhat surprising that a "diehard United fan" would compete in City colors. Then again, it was Father's Day.

user posted image
Gerry, Father of Rory
Daddy of all Glory brows.gif

As I said before Rory will be wearing winning colours leading into final round.

This post has been edited by CityBluePrint: Jun 24 2011, 03:32 AM
CityBluePrint
post Jul 3 2011, 02:24 AM

29 posts

The rumour mills keep churning especially by our RIVALS rumourmongering enough even to to fill another 2 WC squads;

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Another week of speculation has gone by & its nice to know that our rivals are sweat.gif . Even City's neighbours are making worrisome noise here in this thread. ICNMIU shakehead.gif

The only target City should go after is Aguero.
CityBluePrint
post Jul 5 2011, 12:19 AM

29 posts

Update on the Rumour Mill Squad rclxub.gif

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar)

Defence: Gary Cahill (Bolton), Leighton Baines (Everton), Serge Aurier (Lens), Gael Clichy (Arsenal), Jan Vertonghen (Ajax), Raphael Varane (Lens), Gareth Bale (Tottenham), Cristian Zapata (Udinese), Karim Rekik (Feyenoord), Stefan Savic (FK Partizan), Aly Cissokho (Lyon).

Midfield: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Luka Modric (Tottenham), Wesley Sneijder (Inter), Juan Mata (Valencia), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Alessio Cerci (Fiorentina), Eden Hazard (Lille), Marko Marin (Werder Bremen), Marek Hamsik (Napoli), Radja Nainggolan (Inter).

Strikers: David Villa (Barcelona), Alexis Sanchez (Udinese), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht), Javier Pastore (Palermo), Gonzalo Higuain (Read Madrid), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Gervinho (Lille), Edinson Cavani (Napoli), David Villa (Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Chelsea), M'Baye Niang (Caen), Hulk (Porto), Jeffren Suarez (Barcelona) Neymar (Santos), Samuel Eto'o (Inter), Antonio de Natale.

Bookmakers have stopped taking bets on Clichy. He is undergoing medical @ City.
CityBluePrint
post Jul 6 2011, 03:59 AM

29 posts

Latest on the Rumour Mill Squad

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar)

Defence: Gary Cahill (Bolton), Leighton Baines (Everton), Serge Aurier (Lens), Gael Clichy (Arsenal), Jan Vertonghen (Ajax), Raphael Varane (Lens), Gareth Bale (Tottenham), Cristian Zapata (Udinese), Karim Rekik (Feyenoord), Stefan Savic (FK Partizan), Aly Cissokho (Lyon).

Midfield: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Luka Modric (Tottenham), Wesley Sneijder (Inter), Juan Mata (Valencia), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Alessio Cerci (Fiorentina), Eden Hazard (Lille), Marko Marin (Werder Bremen), Marek Hamsik (Napoli), Radja Nainggolan (Inter).

Strikers: David Villa (Barcelona), Alexis Sanchez (Udinese), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht), Javier Pastore (Palermo), Gonzalo Higuain (Read Madrid), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Gervinho (Lille), Edinson Cavani (Napoli), David Villa (Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Chelsea), M'Baye Niang (Caen), Hulk (Porto), Jeffren Suarez (Barcelona) Neymar (Santos), Samuel Eto'o (Inter), Antonio de Natale.

Another one signed on the dot. Savić underwent a medical at Manchester City today after Partizan accepted a £6 million bid with the transfer subject to Savić receiving a work permit.

Savic was a member of the Montenegro side that frustrated England in a 0-0 draw at Wembley in October 2010 in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
He also faced English opposition when turning out for Partizan against Arsenal in the Champions League in December.
In February 2010, Savic, who was then playing for Serbian side BSK Borca, was reported as saying he expected to sign a pre-contract agreement with the Gunners following his trial.

CityBluePrint
post Jul 7 2011, 04:17 PM

29 posts

Update : Shocking News

QUOTE(SGSuser @ Jul 3 2011, 12:00 PM)
Aguero-Tevez-Balotelli-Dzeko-Jo

OMG!!!! sure buy win BPL liao la
CityBluePrint
post Jul 7 2011, 04:44 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(A 11 @ Jul 5 2011, 05:23 AM)
When you  (unwittingly or not) pass comment on CityBP's post on 'winning colours' & Makeke alluding  to Rory's interview as an MU fan here in this thread.

You should cogitate on Robert Ngo's post about Rory's Dad who is a diehard City's fan.

Your celebration was premature.  doh.gif

user posted image
P.S. I  find that whenever you or your legion of MUST fans  (sore loser mates) lose an argument you always appeal to Mods.  shakehead.gif
City  won the FA Cup Title (not tainted title) Fair & Square especially with their  convincing  victories at Wembley.
Only sore losers will object;
user posted image

Added on July 5, 2011, 5:25 am
I finally figured out why Wio went ballistic @ Balotelli after MU's loss. Super Mario was 'shay shaying' about his loverlies

user posted image

Ergo for one of our City player.

This post has been edited by CityBluePrint: Jul 7 2011, 04:45 PM
CityBluePrint
post Jul 7 2011, 04:47 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(nshady @ Jul 6 2011, 03:33 PM)
I think the current Man City team is good enough to win the title. Just needed time for the manager to blend them correctly!
Aguero will be a good acquisition and insurance given the likelihood Tevez maybe gone.
CityBluePrint
post Jul 9 2011, 11:34 PM

29 posts

Since when does ETIHAD means it 'belongs' to united (or synomous with Leeds United etc.) club? Does Tiger Airways means Tiger Woods?
Is it patented?
Bodoh & Arrogant to assume a generic term is 'applicable'!
Surely fans can differentiate between ETIHAD stadium (there will be only one specifically named ETIHAD in the world & supposedly acclaimed in the best league) and that of a low profile stadium downunder.

user posted image

Its even funnier that you incite others not to post here but then like sinofire (another mustard) you can't stay away from here. Yes you did advocate it here and in MUST thread!
You should chor lahrn tang (australian varsity team eh?). Crawl away on your pot belly & stay on the sideline i.e.
Tenggelam eh?
cakap tak serupa bikin
Stay away from this thread if you are true to yourself
Now don't go & politik mod to delete my post or get me suspended if I'm ridiculing you for being stupid & for your incitements.

Added on July 9, 2011, 11:38 pm

Added on July 9, 2011, 11:57 pmYes I know the Docklands stadium has been renamed ETIHAD stadium and it will probably be known to locals or domestic only.
The ETIHAD stadium in Manchester will be worldwide acclaimed to give the Airways (flag carrier of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates) much more exposure!
Etihad translated literally means "unison, union or alliance"

This post has been edited by CityBluePrint: Jul 10 2011, 12:00 AM

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    0.98    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:18 PM