89 Pages « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester City FC - EPL Champion 2011/12, Fulham 1 - 2 City

views

Angel of Deth
post Aug 27 2012, 04:26 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

I think Mancini new tactic with 3 at the back gave too much freedom for opposition in these past two matches. It's different story if they have discipline Wing Back which is tireless to help attacking and defending at the same time. But based on yesterday match, their WB especially Kolarov always left the back wide open. That's why you could see plenty of mistake by City player at their own half. Maybe Roberto Mancini secretly admire Roberto Martinez.

mcShit
post Aug 27 2012, 04:47 PM

27 posts

I can tell for a fact that Zabaleta also lack of stamina towards the end, from the Southampton and yesterday's match, easily penetrated..
JustForFun
post Aug 27 2012, 05:31 PM

Seeker
1,280 posts

QUOTE(Angel of Deth @ Aug 27 2012, 04:26 PM)
I think Mancini new tactic with 3 at the back gave too much freedom for opposition in these past two matches. It's different story if they have discipline Wing Back which is tireless to help attacking and defending at the same time. But based on yesterday match, their WB especially Kolarov always left the back wide open. That's why you could see plenty of mistake by City player at their own half. Maybe Roberto Mancini secretly admire Roberto Martinez.
Wasn't Kolarov the one supposedly their Winger? Zabaleta was the one who's supposed to cover the left back.
dragna
post Aug 27 2012, 05:39 PM

5,248 posts

QUOTE(JustForFun @ Aug 27 2012, 05:31 PM)
Wasn't Kolarov the one supposedly their Winger? Zabaleta was the one who's supposed to cover the left back.
Zabaleta's right, Kolorov is left. I suppose that will be Kolorov's area to mark, he was going forward alot and leaving that area empty at times. I saw de jong had to cover alot for him but you know de jong isn't fast paced so basically that area was attack prone.
Angel of Deth
post Aug 27 2012, 06:02 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

QUOTE(JustForFun @ Aug 27 2012, 05:31 PM)
Zabaleta was more like a makeshift CB. It's weird because Lescott was on the bench. Milner along with Kolarov were their Wing Back. But there's no secret Kolarov is modern fullback which is good at going forward but not so good at tracking back and defending. While Milner is much more balance despite his lack of technical ability. In 3-5-2 you need your Winger / Wingback to work extra hard to utilize the extra man in the center and upfront. The manager also could easily change shape to 5-3-2 to close the shop. But from yesterday, and Southampton matches, we can see it's not quite working. They look very uncomfortable at the back.

It gave Liverpool wide player too much freedom, because of this Liverpool could easily release any of their center player to join the attack. Toure and Kompany were forced to deal with Liverpool wide player countless time because both of City WB went missing in most cases. Man City slowly get back into the game and start controlling the possession once they revert back to the more familiar 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-1-3 for the last 15 - 20 minutes. Take nothing from Liverpool, they were great. But more or less it was helped by unfamiliar formation set by Mancini.

Juventus, Udinese, Napoli and Wigan (last season) are fine example of 3-5-2 formation. Barcelona also tried this variation last season but their wingers (Dani Alves, Adriano, Tello) are not really discipline during defending. Even that, they still have plenty of special player that could get them out of jail in dire situation.
dragna
post Aug 27 2012, 06:24 PM

5,248 posts

I couldn't agree more that our defence showed discomfort playing 3-5-2, after all Mancini only was allowed to test it during pre-season that doesn't offer sufficient time for the lads to accommodate.
99killer
post Aug 28 2012, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

yes
I noticed that near the end of the game, Kolarov always looking at Mancini
I suspect he was trying to tell Mancini that he ran out of energy
dragna
post Aug 28 2012, 12:24 PM

5,248 posts

QUOTE(99killer @ Aug 28 2012, 12:01 AM)
yes
I noticed that near the end of the game, Kolarov always looking at Mancini
I suspect he was trying to tell Mancini that he ran out of energy
Yep, it is Both ends that I noticed our WB's runs out of energy towards the end and that's very risky if the opponents plays fresh subs in and drive down the flanks.
SGSuser
post Aug 31 2012, 12:40 AM

In your way
2,423 posts

nice group
lone_wolf
post Aug 31 2012, 01:03 AM

44 posts

nice group
WPInman
post Aug 31 2012, 01:09 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

Yeah so nice. Better make it at least at group stage ler. If not malu la.. the other teams not champions..

Owh wait..
JustForFun
post Aug 31 2012, 01:28 AM

Seeker
1,280 posts

It's about time for City to face Barcelona/RM and see if they are true champions
dragna
post Aug 31 2012, 04:38 PM

5,248 posts

Looks like Scott Sinclair passed Medical and Maicon has bid farewell to Inter so left with Matija and Javi Garcia still in last min negotiations.
spursfan
post Aug 31 2012, 07:22 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

scott sinclair transfer confirmed
CityBluePrint
post Aug 31 2012, 07:35 PM

29 posts

user posted image

ex-City players. Will they have a go at each @ practice sessions?
99killer
post Sep 1 2012, 06:05 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(CityBluePrint @ Aug 31 2012, 07:35 PM)
user posted image

ex-City players. Will they have a go at each @ practice sessions?
All citeh players are troublemakers.
So, yes.
TSDriksoN
post Sep 1 2012, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

Scott Sinclair, Richard Wright, Nastasic, Maicon and Javi Garcia. What do you guys think about our quintet signing?

Sinclair: Just a direct replacement for AJ. Would've much preferred AJ to be honest, but I guess it's unfair for such a talent like him warming our bench. The guy deserves to play regularly and I can only hope for the best for him in Sunderland. Will always remember those curlers he scored. I doubt Sinclair will play much though, probably to make up the amount of English players beside replacing AJ's role.

Wright: Nothing much here. Just a replacement for Stuart Taylor who was already a back-up to our second choice keeper, and also English. Everyone knows he won't really play. So, no comment here.

Nastasic: Haven't seen him in action before even when he's in Fiorentina. So I don't know much. Guys, any rough idea of how this young defender is gonna fit in? I'm guessing he's brought in to be suited into the 3-5-2 tactics as one of the 3 central defenders, as that is how Fiorentina normally play.

Maicon: One of the big signings for us I guess, but everyone knows he's way passed his prime. May not be the same as he was few years back. But I guess he'll be a useful player when it comes to Mancini's new 3-5-2 tactic again, playing as the right wingback. And to give opportunity for Micah to play in the center. Thoughts?

Javi Garcia: Probably our marquee signing. Only seen him played in a few games in the Champions League. Seem to be an upgrade from de Jong in terms of technical abilities. Excited to see how he'll turn out for us.

Anyway, still proper gutted at de Jong leaving. One of my favourite lads in the squad. Boy am I gonna miss the tenacious, determine and combative style of de Jong in our side. Guess, we'll leave that job to Rodwell then. lol. Losing both de Jong and AJ kinda makes me sad. But life goes on I guess. I am trusting Mancini on these signings, as always.

CTID
dragna
post Sep 1 2012, 01:19 PM

5,248 posts

QUOTE(DriksoN @ Sep 1 2012, 01:10 PM)
Scott Sinclair, Richard Wright, Nastasic, Maicon and Javi Garcia. What do you guys think about our quintet signing?

Sinclair: Just a direct replacement for AJ. Would've much preferred AJ to be honest, but I guess it's unfair for such a talent like him warming our bench. The guy deserves to play regularly and I can only hope for the best for him in Sunderland. Will always remember those curlers he scored. I doubt Sinclair will play much though, probably to make up the amount of English players beside replacing AJ's role.

Wright: Nothing much here. Just a replacement for Stuart Taylor who was already a back-up to our second choice keeper, and also English. Everyone knows he won't really play. So, no comment here.

Nastasic: Haven't seen him in action before even when he's in Fiorentina. So I don't know much. Guys, any rough idea of how this young defender is gonna fit in? I'm guessing he's brought in to be suited into the 3-5-2 tactics as one of the 3 central defenders, as that is how Fiorentina normally play.

Maicon: One of the big signings for us I guess, but everyone knows he's way passed his prime. May not be the same as he was few years back. But I guess he'll be a useful player when it comes to Mancini's new 3-5-2 tactic again, playing as the right wingback. And to give opportunity for Micah to play in the center. Thoughts?

Javi Garcia: Probably our marquee signing. Only seen him played in a few games in the Champions League. Seem to be an upgrade from de Jong in terms of technical abilities. Excited to see how he'll turn out for us.

Anyway, still proper gutted at de Jong leaving. One of my favourite lads in the squad. Boy am I gonna miss the tenacious, determine and combative style of de Jong in our side. Guess, we'll leave that job to Rodwell then. lol. Losing both de Jong and AJ kinda makes me sad. But life goes on I guess. I am trusting Mancini on these signings, as always.

CTID
Sinclair : I personally think that AJ was better for that spot but not sure why Mancini said he wasn't performing and didn't give the boost he needed, so lets see how Sinclair fits in coming weeks.

Nastasic : No idea who this is until couple days ago, probably pushing for HG status.

Maicon : IMO, the best signings of all 5.

Javi Garcia : He already has Barry and Rodwell to fill it those spots, have not seen Garcia in action before and I'm eagerly waiting.

Richard : Yes, likely signed because of the departure of Taylor, and also he's England-man for FA squad registration.
drogbaCl
post Sep 1 2012, 04:51 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(99killer @ Sep 1 2012, 06:05 AM)
All citeh players are troublemakers.
So, yes.
okie tq justin gigi
SecrET_of_RainBOw
post Sep 1 2012, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

tonight man city vs qpr iz it??