Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Review] Corsair SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speakers, Just a short review by me.

views

TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 01:29 AM, updated 9y ago

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

Product: Corsair SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker

Retail Price: RM859

Warranty: 2 Years

Authorized Distributor: Cudo Technologies Sdn Bhd.

*Picture have to borrow on Google Images and Corsair. I don't own a super cool camera, sorry about this* blush.gif

user posted image

Picture Gallery form my phone shots:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

What you get in the box:

1. Corsair Mid and Tweeters Satellites
2. Corsair Woofer
3. Corsair Speaker Control Pod
4. Satellite Stand
5. RCA Cable Male to Male
6. 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Male Jack
7. Power Cable
8. Satellite cable set (two cables)
9. Quick Start Guide
10. Safety Guide Booklet

Technical Specs:

Looks/Appearance:

For some people, the downside will be the woofer. The box is pretty huge since it have a 8" subwoofer inside. There's some planning to do on the positioning of the subwoofer if you have limited space in your room. As for the satellites, its not a problem at all, most table will fit it nice and perfect.

Installing:

Definitely easy to put this monster up and running. I just put the satellites on the table, plug in the cable to the satellites to the woofer connection based on the colors like power supply modular cables. Then i plug in the control pod cable into the back of the woofer. Hook up my Van der Hul RCA cable to my Onkyo SE-90PCI RCA jack. Lastly the final piece of cable is the power cable, plug it from the woofer to your socket. Now all there is left is position your satellites to your preferred pointing direction.

PC Setup for running the test:

Music
Even with just the normal RCA provided is more than enough to make you WOW. Yes, thats how good it is. Even without a Soundcard i tested with an onboard audio and a 3.5mm cable, the sound still very nice. When listening to FLAC or MP3 songs, everything is well balanced out. The high pitch and the bass all well balanced, you can really hear the details from the song.

There are various setting in the DSP mode for this, you can set it to:-
Late Night - Volume will reduce and bass will be further reduced down(vy flat bass).
Stadium - Sound will sound a bit noisier with echo.
Concert Hall - Sounds more crispier than stadium.
Club - Heavier bass, reduced vocal.
Theatre - Similar to Stadium but sounds cleaner and more detail than Stadium.
Karaoke - Vocalist vocal will be reduced.
Dynamic Pop - More bass, same vocal volume.
Wide - Standard wide sounding audio.

Then you can combine the DSP mode with an alternative equalizer setting:

Classical, MOD X, Action, Drama, Pop, Jazz, FPS, Headphones, and Action gaming.

You can also plug this SP2500 to your MP3 player/Ipod through AUX 1 / AUX 2. AUX 1 is behind the speaker which can be placed stationary and plug in into AUX 2 in the same time and can be selected form the control pod which sound source to be selected. There is also a 3.5mm headphone jack in the bottom part of the control pod.

Movie
Tested a few Blu-Ray movies on this speakers, results: Awesome. Seriously the sound is one of the best i heard so far. Of coz you cant really compare it with a 5.1 setup but i will be looking forward for a 5.1 setup speakers from Corsair now. Everyone who owns this set of speaker will be looking forward to it. icon_idea.gif

Gaming
Tested it on COD: Black Ops. Sound is very detail, you can hear every single sound made by all player walking/running around. You can easily pinpoint your team-mates or enemy position just by hearing it. Very accurate. Gun fire and explosion will blow your mind out, you can hear the Napalm Strike like its happening in your own room, the bomb dropping and helli firing from the sky is very accurate. One word: Excellent.

Moment of truth:

Pro's
- Superb, Excellent sound quality produced form these speakers
- Price is actually affordable. (Wait for new pricing for the new batch and you will know)
- RCA connection so custom cables can be used
- Control Pod for easier setup and volume control, makes it more cool with the color screen too.
- Build quality for these speakers are great.
- Easy speaker setup.

Con's
-Provided Power Cable is kind of short. (Can be replace by normal power supply cable which is longer and im using this solution now.)
-The display on the control pod is terrible, there is only a few angle you can really see the colours and really know what your selecting. (Best solution: Set it to Day setting with white background and put the control pod on your right side, since you wont be see-ing anything if you position it on your left side.)
-Connectors are using ATX4 Connectors which are like the ones used in power supply. You will face problem if you are trying to position it further away from you woofer as it is only 1.8M. (Solution: trying to make my own custom cable see if it works.)

Conclusion
Corsair SP2500 2.1 Gaming speaker is one great speaker. The audio exceeds my expectation especially any speakers in the same range. Actually it can be much much more better and can fight with other more expensive speakers out there.
kahjye
post May 13 2011, 02:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,453 posts

biggrin.gif

Dont know how to enjoy but im sure this is a good masterpiece!
kaiserreich
post May 13 2011, 02:37 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

Speaker also gaming doh.gif

What next?

Would it be more appropriate if this thread is posted in the Audiophile Forum instead?
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 02:41 AM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

Not sure where to post best place coz this also hardware.. laugh.gif

Well, trust me.. you say dunno how to enjoy, when you try this you can feel the differences.. seriously..
kahjye
post May 13 2011, 03:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,453 posts

when got the word :Gaming: they can charge more mah! smile.gif
clawhammer
post May 13 2011, 03:20 AM

///M
Group Icon
VIP
8,788 posts

Actually the price should be a lot lower than that smile.gif I know what it is and just waiting for the chance to get mine soon. I hope it has the clarity I'm looking for biggrin.gif
viruz019
post May 13 2011, 05:14 AM

iSeeStars
1,518 posts

it sure looks good..wonder where can i try this out..still tinking between this or the edifer s730
wildwestgoh
post May 13 2011, 07:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,215 posts

The control pod = failed! should have a dock or make it stand like the speaker. But considering most people won't touch that thing so often, guess it's fine?
Would like to see if this is comparable to the Creative Gigaworks T3 which is almost at the same price range. wink.gif
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 09:03 AM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(kahjye @ May 13 2011, 03:17 AM)
when got the word :Gaming: they can charge more mah! smile.gif
No la.. seriously, when you got the chance try to listen to one ya.. Corsair not play play one this time.. laugh.gif

QUOTE(clawhammer @ May 13 2011, 03:20 AM)
Actually the price should be a lot lower than that smile.gif I know what it is and just waiting for the chance to get mine soon. I hope it has the clarity I'm looking for biggrin.gif
Yea.. Wait for the new batch of SP2500 the price will be much much more cheaper.. brows.gif

QUOTE(viruz019 @ May 13 2011, 05:14 AM)
it sure looks good..wonder where can i try this out..still tinking between this or the edifer s730
I havent try the Edifier S730 before so cant really comment on that. Im setting this up to let my customer listen also. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(wildwestgoh @ May 13 2011, 07:46 AM)
The control pod = failed! should have a dock or make it stand like the speaker. But considering most people won't touch that thing so often, guess it's fine?
Would like to see if this is comparable to the Creative Gigaworks T3 which is almost at the same price range. wink.gif
Well, the control pod what we dont like is just the display have to view from different angle for a clear reading. Well, you will always need to touch it to adjust volume, sub bass, on/off and settings.. laugh.gif

But comparing with a gigaworks t3, i hear the t3 before, sound also superb very nice, but the Corsair will will be same price with the T3 soon.. RM 7xx.. If me, i will still stick with the Corsair. thumbup.gif
Dandy
post May 13 2011, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

izzit dual subwoofer inside?
AlexLai
post May 13 2011, 10:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,531 posts

Now the question is, how loud can it go before you get arrested for disturbing the peace? laugh.gif
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 10:39 AM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(Dandy @ May 13 2011, 10:15 AM)
izzit dual subwoofer inside?
Nop.. single 120W 8" subwoofer inside..

QUOTE(AlexLai @ May 13 2011, 10:24 AM)
Now the question is, how loud can it go before you get arrested for disturbing the peace? laugh.gif
Well, actually with just 2 bar on the control pod for volume i can perfectly hear my songs without disturbing people.. haha.. theres like 20 more bar to full volume.. thumbup.gif
AlexLai
post May 13 2011, 10:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,531 posts

Ahhh powerful stuff. biggrin.gif
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 10:45 AM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

If wan to compare this with mako actually the mako still sound very nice only the corsair is better.. haha..

The only thing i like/love about the Mako is its Omni-Directional Satellites, you can just place it anywhere and you will get good sound for it.. For the Corsair you will need to position it to your preferred place to hear them, you get more details from your game, movies and music too..
Alfsaw
post May 13 2011, 10:50 AM

Regular
1,131 posts

Really nice speakers you got thr, bro!
herojack41
post May 13 2011, 10:51 AM

Master Of Trouble Maker
5,697 posts

QUOTE(StratOS @ May 13 2011, 09:03 AM)
No la.. seriously, when you got the chance try to listen to one ya.. Corsair not play play one this time.. laugh.gif
Yea.. Wait for the new batch of SP2500 the price will be much much more cheaper.. brows.gif
I havent try the Edifier S730 before so cant really comment on that. Im setting this up to let my customer listen also. icon_rolleyes.gif
Well, the control pod what we dont like is just the display have to view from different angle for a clear reading. Well, you will always need to touch it to adjust volume, sub bass, on/off and settings.. laugh.gif

But comparing with a gigaworks t3, i hear the t3 before, sound also superb very nice, but the Corsair will will be same price with the T3 soon.. RM 7xx.. If me, i will still stick with the Corsair. thumbup.gif
it need a retine display tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 11:17 AM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(Alfsaw @ May 13 2011, 10:50 AM)
Really nice speakers you got thr, bro!
Thanks, just helping my friends in Corsair@Cudo review their speakers.

QUOTE(herojack41 @ May 13 2011, 10:51 AM)
it need a retine display  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
On a 1.8" control pod? laugh.gif
awang
post May 13 2011, 11:35 AM

Casual
478 posts

i did read this in guru3d..yep, it is a great speaker smile.gif

only the price a bit high la.hoho
kena kantoi
post May 13 2011, 11:49 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(kaiserreich @ May 13 2011, 02:37 AM)
Speaker also gaming  doh.gif

What next?

Would it be more appropriate if this thread is posted in the Audiophile Forum instead?
kena trash at audiophile section smile.gif

because this review havn't covered the at least low, mid and high part.
I doubt TS know how to properly describe a speaker performance.

QUOTE(StratOS @ May 13 2011, 09:03 AM)

http://www.sonusfaber.com/

this one no joke with you all time smile.gif
AlexLai
post May 13 2011, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,531 posts

QUOTE(StratOS @ May 13 2011, 10:45 AM)
If wan to compare this with mako actually the mako still sound very nice only the corsair is better.. haha..

The only thing i like/love about the Mako is its Omni-Directional Satellites, you can just place it anywhere and you will get good sound for it.. For the Corsair you will need to position it to your preferred place to hear them, you get more details from your game, movies and music too..
At least the Corsair is still cheaper than the Mako. whistling.gif
wildwestgoh
post May 13 2011, 12:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,215 posts

QUOTE(kena kantoi @ May 13 2011, 11:49 AM)

this one no joke with you all time  smile.gif
Oh dear, you can't compare Audiophile with normal user, those people even DIY their own AMP and sound system. sweat.gif doh.gif
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 12:53 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(kena kantoi @ May 13 2011, 11:49 AM)

this one no joke with you all time  smile.gif
Sorry this review not that complete. Then do you mind do a review for this speaker on behalf, oh wait you dont play low end speakers.. Sonusfaber? You're comparing a RM800 speaker with a RM________ Fill in the blanks for me pls? RM 5k? Oh no wait.. RM 10k? i think not enough right? So pls head to the Audiophile section than disturbing here ok? icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(AlexLai @ May 13 2011, 11:57 AM)
At least the Corsair is still cheaper than the Mako.  whistling.gif
Yeaps.. still cheaper than Mako.. Its getting cheaper summore.. laugh.gif
ktek
post May 13 2011, 01:09 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,541 posts

* request youtube upload *

This post has been edited by ktek: May 13 2011, 01:12 PM
jason111785
post May 13 2011, 01:37 PM

To Eat or Not To Eat
1,203 posts

tried playing DTS wif this ? how's the quality with DTS?
kevink82
post May 13 2011, 02:25 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

I went to stratos place to hear it, for the price cant really complain its a pretty good set, mids are a little weak. Not as bright as i would hope but other than that its alrite. Bass can be punchy and it can handle high volume without any problem.

Today i went to listen to Focal XS, the focal defintely sounds better but cant be compare to the corsair cause the focal is 3500 ringgit....... vs 850 ; ;

I would rate it on par with the Mako, i am not speaker audiophile though...

This post has been edited by kevink82: May 13 2011, 02:34 PM
ktek
post May 13 2011, 02:56 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,541 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ May 13 2011, 02:25 PM)
Today i went to listen to Focal XS, the focal defintely sounds better but cant be compare to the corsair cause the focal is 3500 ringgit....... vs 850 ; ;

may i know where did you tested Focal XS?
i got more interest on this drool.gif
clawhammer
post May 13 2011, 02:58 PM

///M
Group Icon
VIP
8,788 posts

I went to stratos place to hear it, for the price cant really complain its a pretty good set, mids are a little weak. Not as bright as i would hope but other than that its alrite. Bass can be punchy and it can handle high volume without any problem.

If it's like the Mako then I rather not buy it smile.gif Razer makes terrible speakers, the clarity is horrible.
kevink82
post May 13 2011, 02:59 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

They have it here in miri at the apple authorised dealer optiprimus, price is a bit high though i though it would be around 2300 ringgit which would definitely make it a more attractive buy.
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 03:11 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

The time when u hear its was using onboard with a 3.5mm jack.. now its using a sc and nice cables.. can come and sample again.. lol.. brows.gif
kevink82
post May 13 2011, 03:21 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

i only have onboard now...... my xonar stx already sold, big mistake ; ;
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 03:40 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ May 13 2011, 03:21 PM)
i only have onboard now...... my xonar stx already sold, big mistake ; ;
Time for a Titanium HD.. haha.. 1 is waiting for you in store.. laugh.gif Got time can try play COD with this speaker.. brows.gif
kevink82
post May 13 2011, 03:59 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

QUOTE(clawhammer @ May 13 2011, 02:58 PM)
If it's like the Mako then I rather not buy it smile.gif Razer makes terrible speakers, the clarity is horrible.
Mako speaker are not bad at all for the price, maybe u r using it with onboard sound? When i still got my essence it sounded alrite, there are some drop off at certain frequency but its not that bad. And did u turn the bass down? cause mine came with the bass all the way up at first i though it was crap as well but with the bass not max its quite a capable speaker for modern music.

Just dont expect a miracle with a sub 1000 speaker.
Jet23sky
post May 13 2011, 04:07 PM

Love is Peace~~~~~
1,339 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ May 13 2011, 03:59 PM)
Mako speaker are not bad at all for the price, maybe u r using it with onboard sound? When i still got my essence it sounded alrite, there are some  drop off at certain frequency but its not that bad. And did u turn the bass down? cause mine came with the bass all the way up at first i though it was crap as well but with the bass not max its quite a capable speaker for modern music.

Well you guys should know this is "gaming" speaker, not audiophile speaker.... music speaker... movie speaker... ( or watever speaker lolz ). This speaker is really good when gaming. But of course for movie and music, it might not be that good, but it cannot be that bad right? Of course you have to listen the sound yourself though. You hardly to find speaker which is good for all 3 section, gaming, music and movie. ( Not for me at the moment, dont know others tongue.gif ).

I personally think that, if you are looking for clarity speaker, gaming speaker is really not your choice. Cause from my own gaming exp, the sound is more to blurry, bass effect. You may check some other high quality speaker like Klipse. ( Forgot how to spell ). I experience this speaker and it has a really good clarity.

Overall, corsair speaker is really not bad if gaming. TS, you can try compare it with same level of gaming speaker like Mako. Or you can even try compare with S530d. ( 530d is abit bass and less clarity, it sounds like it belong to gaming speaker, but it is not).

By the way, thanks for the review. nod.gif
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 04:09 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ May 13 2011, 03:59 PM)
Mako speaker are not bad at all for the price, maybe u r using it with onboard sound? When i still got my essence it sounded alrite, there are some  drop off at certain frequency but its not that bad. And did u turn the bass down? cause mine came with the bass all the way up at first i though it was crap as well but with the bass not max its quite a capable speaker for modern music.

Depending on the setup also.. hehe.. wait i finish my custom speaker cables and we will see how it performs.. tongue.gif

Added on May 13, 2011, 4:11 pm
QUOTE(Jet23sky @ May 13 2011, 04:07 PM)
Well you guys should know this is "gaming" speaker, not audiophile speaker.... music speaker... movie speaker... ( or watever speaker lolz ). This speaker is really good when gaming. But of course for movie and music, it might not be that good, but it cannot be that bad right? Of course you have to listen the sound yourself though. You hardly to find speaker which is good for all 3 section, gaming, music and movie. ( Not for me at the moment, dont know others tongue.gif ).

I personally think that, if you are looking for clarity speaker, gaming speaker is really not your choice. Cause from my own gaming exp, the sound is more to blurry, bass effect. You may check some other high quality speaker like Klipse. ( Forgot how to spell ). I experience this speaker and it has a really good clarity.

Overall, corsair speaker is really not bad if gaming. TS, you can try compare it with same level of gaming speaker like Mako. Or you can even try compare with S530d. ( 530d is abit bass and less clarity, it sounds like it belong to gaming speaker, but it is not).

By the way, thanks for the review.  nod.gif
Its Klipsch.. Using it on my demo rig also.. Klipsch Promedia 2.0..

So far, the best gaming speakers. Not audiophile series but i just play around with custom cables just to mod it.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by StratOS: May 13 2011, 04:11 PM
kevink82
post May 13 2011, 04:21 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

Unless the titanium HD is less than 500 ringgit ill pass keke.
stille nacht
post May 13 2011, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

looks nice biggrin.gif
viruz019
post May 13 2011, 05:10 PM

iSeeStars
1,518 posts

stratos..where is your store hmm.gif would love to try this out biggrin.gif

TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 05:35 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ May 13 2011, 04:21 PM)
Unless the titanium HD is less than 500 ringgit ill pass keke.
O my.. Haha.. Nola.. Maybe you should get back the xonar and pair it with your speakers.. Haha..

QUOTE(stille nacht @ May 13 2011, 04:25 PM)
looks nice biggrin.gif
Yeap.. The looks are ok.. The sound matters most.. XD..

QUOTE(viruz019 @ May 13 2011, 05:10 PM)
stratos..where is your store hmm.gif would love to try this out biggrin.gif
Im located in Miri, Sarawak o..
Onion-KiD
post May 13 2011, 07:08 PM

Enthusiast
843 posts

QUOTE(clawhammer @ May 13 2011, 02:58 PM)

According to the spec, Frequency response is very terrible. worse then E S530D. It doesn't show L/R & SW yet.
viruz019
post May 13 2011, 07:56 PM

iSeeStars
1,518 posts

oh no sad.gif..means i can oni try it by end of next month when i go back to brunei biggrin.gif
TSStratOS
post May 13 2011, 08:52 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(viruz019 @ May 13 2011, 07:56 PM)
oh no sad.gif..means i can oni try it by end of next month when i go back to brunei biggrin.gif
Im using 1 myself so dun worry.. Will have chance to sample the speaker..
kevink82
post May 15 2011, 05:14 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

keke saw someone selling his edifier so i guess he took one home already?
TSStratOS
post May 15 2011, 06:51 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ May 15 2011, 05:14 PM)
keke saw someone selling his edifier so i guess he took one home already?
Nop.. Funding and considering also.. Haha.. biggrin.gif
DarkNite
post May 15 2011, 07:02 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

control pod is wired or wireless?
TSStratOS
post May 15 2011, 07:17 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ May 15 2011, 07:02 PM)
control pod is wired or wireless?
Its wired..
ma43q
post May 16 2011, 07:18 AM

Regular
1,820 posts

for mako, its pretty choosy on what surface you put it. perhaps it is the design that make it so. I think onboard sound just cannot do.

for my mako, i would say it lose out to the AE Aego M on music but for gaming, it is good enough. My brother has both Aego M and T3. T3 bass can be some time overwhelming but few adjustment on the subwoofer level should be able to compensate. Aego M provides better clarity and seems more balanced.

Anyway, i already changed my RCA stereo cables to custom made ones and hooked up to claro halo xt. i placed a piece of wood underneath the woofer and satellites on wooden surface too.

i have to listen to to the corsair but if it is the same level as mako, then i will not be interested. i think it is about time to get a set of the focal-jmlab or the dynaudio.
TSStratOS
post May 16 2011, 09:03 AM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(ma43q @ May 16 2011, 07:18 AM)
for mako, its pretty choosy on what surface you put it. perhaps it is the design that make it so. I think onboard sound just cannot do.

for my mako, i would say it lose out to the AE Aego M on music but for gaming, it is good enough. My brother has both Aego M and T3. T3 bass can be some time overwhelming but few adjustment on the subwoofer level should be able to compensate. Aego M provides better clarity and seems more balanced.

Anyway, i already changed my RCA stereo cables to custom made ones and hooked up to claro halo xt. i placed a piece of wood underneath the woofer and satellites on wooden surface too.

i have to listen to to the corsair but if it is the same level as mako, then i will not be interested. i think it is about time to get a set of the focal-jmlab or the dynaudio.
The corsair speakers are in another level compared to the Mako.. Same setup only different speakers.. The bass from the sp2500 is more solid and powerful.. The sound clarity is better as you can position it..

The only thing is the SP2500 are not THX certified. Sad.. sad.gif But the good thing is since its not THX certified it can be sold cheaper.. THX speaker are more expenaive for the certification.. tongue.gif
ma43q
post May 16 2011, 04:02 PM

Regular
1,820 posts

well, sound can be very subjective. what is nice to one person might not be to another one. so i might need to listen to it myself.

anyway, i do agreed that without the THX certification, corsair can priced it more competitively. The look of the sp2500 not attractive though but it is the sound reproduction that matters more.

i'm quite happy with the mako, if no more kick, then i will shift my z5500 to my pc, and get a better sound system for my dune hd d1, probably jmlab sib & cub smile.gif

TSStratOS
post May 18 2011, 12:41 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

Just done some more modding on the speaker cables.. Using Van der Hul - The Skyline Hybrid cables for the speaker cables now.. Some pics of modding below..

Still some sort of like a prototype but sleeving it up tomorrow when my stuff arrives..

The cables.. drool.gif Good enough to be used on a multimedia speakers..
user posted image

user posted image

Soldering the ATX pin connectors on the cables after clamping it on..
user posted image

For the test run we just tape the end of each cable to make sure no contact is done between the cables.. Kinda ugly now, will sleeve it when my stuff arrives..
user posted image
user posted image

The original Cable and the custom 1 now..
user posted image

Results: thumbup.gif Speechless after all the mod.. The sound is now much more real, the vocal is superbly good now.. gonna run some more test and update it here..

Next mod planning:

1. Sleeving it like murdermod style.. XD
2. Will dismantle the satellite hence void the warranty and solder the cables directly into the connector inside and silicon up the back hole around the connector..

arslow
post May 18 2011, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,535 posts

is there any chance that u will sell the modded cables?if its cheap,I might buy it for my sp2500!!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by arslow: May 20 2011, 03:07 PM
ask_dino
post May 18 2011, 04:39 PM

DS is the name
736 posts

where to find this speaker and btw nice review!
clawhammer
post May 18 2011, 04:45 PM

///M
Group Icon
VIP
8,788 posts

QUOTE(ask_dino @ May 18 2011, 04:39 PM)
where to find this speaker and btw nice review!
This speaker is available from shops and if you want, I can also get for you smile.gif
dlyz
post May 18 2011, 04:53 PM

Dynaudio
1,826 posts

I just tested that very unit b4 the speaker cable mod yesterday. I can say its not bad. Really not bad. Just that its warm sounding. Then again, onkyo is warm sounding so im not sure cos i use STX. Sounds very clean. Sub is a bit boomy but then again, no complaints as im used to much more expensive speaker.
clawhammer
post May 18 2011, 05:19 PM

///M
Group Icon
VIP
8,788 posts

QUOTE(dlyz @ May 18 2011, 04:53 PM)
I just tested that very unit b4 the speaker cable mod yesterday. I can say its not bad. Really not bad. Just that its warm sounding. Then again, onkyo is warm sounding so im not sure cos i use STX. Sounds very clean. Sub is a bit boomy but then again, no complaints as im used to much more expensive speaker.
My audiophile guru tested so I will buy your opinion on this biggrin.gif Now I need more money so I can upgrade my speakers again, lol
dlyz
post May 18 2011, 05:38 PM

Dynaudio
1,826 posts

o_O" lol... i tot ur using bookshelf speakers already? why want to get multimedia speaker?
clawhammer
post May 18 2011, 05:40 PM

///M
Group Icon
VIP
8,788 posts

QUOTE(dlyz @ May 18 2011, 05:38 PM)
o_O" lol... i tot ur using bookshelf speakers already? why want to get multimedia speaker?
I've sold it off and I'll be back with compact speakers instead smile.gif I've also invested on an AKG HD242 head phone which is left collecting dust on my table these days, lol.
kevink82
post May 18 2011, 06:12 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

It does sounded better today when i drop by, not sure if its really the cable or the speaker gone through break in.

On a side note though does anyone know where can audition audio engine a5?
TSStratOS
post May 18 2011, 06:18 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

some more mods..~ I ignored the warranty for better sound..

user posted image[/URL
user posted image

Throw away the innards..
user posted image

dlyz.. can come again and sample the speaker.. way different than what you listen the other day... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by StratOS: May 18 2011, 06:19 PM
Vorador
post Jun 3 2011, 11:39 AM

Blessed !!!
3,494 posts

guys, I'm considering upgrade my speaker recently. (currently use some low budget sonigear 39watt one) This one looks promising. Anyone here compare this with Bose companion 3? Which one better for MUSIC and GAMING? (while bose companion 3 is $$$)
clawhammer
post Jun 3 2011, 03:24 PM

///M
Group Icon
VIP
8,788 posts

If you're serious into music, I think it's best to get hifi or monitor speakers. PC speakers these days are just not up to it as the clarity is always the problem, bass is too strong, etc smile.gif However if you want a balance and something decent, I'm sure this SP2500 would be a good buy.
Vorador
post Jun 3 2011, 03:52 PM

Blessed !!!
3,494 posts

QUOTE(clawhammer @ Jun 3 2011, 03:24 PM)
If you're serious into music, I think it's best to get hifi or monitor speakers. PC speakers these days are just not up to it as the clarity is always the problem, bass is too strong, etc smile.gif However if you want a balance and something decent, I'm sure this SP2500 would be a good buy.
hm... i love music but not up to home theater level... (wont demand orchestra quality lol) so for your opinion this one is just 'decent' instead of 'very good'?
Alfsaw
post Jun 3 2011, 07:58 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

Dont really know whr to ask.....

So here goes, Im planning to get this set (SP2500) and also Asus Essence STX sound card.

My question is, could my system handle this kind of power?
TSStratOS
post Jun 3 2011, 08:10 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(Vorador @ Jun 3 2011, 03:52 PM)
hm... i love music but not up to home theater level... (wont demand orchestra quality lol) so for your opinion this one is just 'decent' instead of 'very good'?
If you can afford the sp2500 then y not go for it.. Its a good by.. Even wifout the cable mods it still sound better than most multimedia speakers out there..

QUOTE(Alfsaw @ Jun 3 2011, 07:58 PM)
Dont really know whr to ask.....

So here goes, Im planning to get this set (SP2500) and also Asus Essence STX sound card.

My question is, could my system handle this kind of power?
No problem, you can throw any sound card or amp for it.. Your system agak you got good power supply not those chap ayam type it wont be a problem at all..

Depend on your setup also la..
Alfsaw
post Jun 3 2011, 08:13 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(StratOS @ Jun 3 2011, 08:10 PM)
If you can afford the sp2500 then y not go for it.. Its a good by.. Even wifout the cable mods it still sound better than most multimedia speakers out there..
No problem, you can throw any sound card or amp for it.. Your system agak you got good power supply not those chap ayam type it wont be a problem at all..

Depend on your setup also la..
Bro, what you think of my current rig? okay o not, cuz im not really good in these technical parts. cry.gif
TSStratOS
post Jun 3 2011, 10:25 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(Alfsaw @ Jun 3 2011, 08:13 PM)
Bro, what you think of my current rig? okay o not, cuz im not really good in these technical parts.  cry.gif
Your PC is fine.. just buy a decend sound card + this SP2500 speaker and enjoy it.. Soundcard wont pull much power from your PSU.. thumbup.gif
Alfsaw
post Jun 3 2011, 10:47 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(StratOS @ Jun 3 2011, 10:25 PM)
Your PC is fine.. just buy a decend sound card + this SP2500 speaker and enjoy it.. Soundcard wont pull much power from your PSU.. thumbup.gif
Will do, in a few more months time. rclxms.gif
TSStratOS
post Jun 4 2011, 12:04 AM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(Alfsaw @ Jun 3 2011, 10:47 PM)
Will do, in a few more months time.  rclxms.gif
If you wan better sound can check out Onkyo SE90PCI.. very good soundcard also.. using it myself too.. drool.gif
min_yp
post Jul 13 2011, 06:07 PM

30 posts

i am looking for a 2.1 for movie and music,
have these in mind:
1. corsair sp2500
2. edifier s350d
3. longitech z623

which is a better choice??
TSStratOS
post Jul 13 2011, 06:42 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(min_yp @ Jul 13 2011, 06:07 PM)
i am looking for a 2.1 for movie and music,
have these in mind:
1. corsair sp2500
2. edifier s350d
3. longitech z623

which is a better choice??
Depends on yourself actually.. For speaker i havent tried the Edifier S350D but reviews shows that its quite a good speaker. But so far use The Razer Mako and Logitech Z623 the SP2500 still my choice..

Cant comment much on the edifier speaker coz havent tried it yt..

icon_rolleyes.gif
nestlebliss
post Aug 24 2011, 09:57 PM

Casual
304 posts

im using mx5021 right now...will this be a good upgrade? im more towards music and movies rather than gaming...
nostke
post Aug 27 2011, 04:39 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(nestlebliss @ Aug 24 2011, 09:57 PM)
im using mx5021 right now...will this be a good upgrade? im more towards music and movies rather than gaming...
simply, sp2500 will pawn mx5021, if not mistaken rclxm9.gif

Added on August 27, 2011, 4:40 pmbravo review btw stratos. good job, keep it up!! rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by nostke: Aug 27 2011, 04:40 PM
ukimaro
post Sep 10 2011, 12:00 AM

On my way
636 posts

Hi bro, pls pm once stock is ready. thanx biggrin.gif
skylinelover
post Sep 11 2011, 07:35 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

wah another new camp going in the high end pc speakers market...i got super bored with logitech domination in speakers only 4 the PC laugh.gif doh.gif anyway that shit is awesome...me hoping corsair will make 5.1 setup one day bcoz i m movie freak n 5.1 surround sound is more chun than 2.1 laugh.gif rclxms.gif
smallboat
post Feb 4 2016, 04:29 PM

11 posts

still got stock tq pm me
karthyhu
post Feb 5 2016, 08:34 AM

Regular
1,165 posts

QUOTE(smallboat @ Feb 4 2016, 04:29 PM)
still got stock tq pm me
its a 2011 thread... and this is a review thread not a sales thread kindly find in garage sales
and also this speaker is 5years old i doubt anyone would keep such old model in stock for sale
mariamharun45
post Feb 5 2016, 08:36 AM

4 posts

nice speaker but expensive,who remember the altec lansing atp3 price?i wan know the price only

norazwan79
post Feb 5 2016, 09:33 AM

i love fullHD
1,414 posts

Good speaker for my 2nd rig. But z5500 is my choice for main rig. biggrin.gif
TSStratOS
post Feb 11 2016, 12:19 PM

Berries~ Mmmm~
All Stars
20,901 posts

QUOTE(smallboat @ Feb 4 2016, 04:29 PM)
still got stock tq pm me
If u wan still can order RM1090 without mods.

QUOTE(karthyhu @ Feb 5 2016, 08:34 AM)
its a 2011 thread... and this is a review thread not a sales thread kindly find in garage sales
and also this speaker is 5years old i doubt anyone would keep such old model in stock for sale
There are still small demand for this speaker price ever since the price sky rocket due to weaker MYR.. ahaha icon_rolleyes.gif
Acap1986
post Apr 12 2017, 12:01 PM

On my way
585 posts

any different logitech z623 with this corsair sp2500???which shop sell this??

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0428sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:00 AM