Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ChaTime Bubble Tea, thinking of taking this franchise

views

alhs76
post May 4 2011, 09:52 PM

Casual
480 posts

just saw it at gardens mid valley ... looks interesting ...
alhs76
post May 27 2011, 11:59 PM

Casual
480 posts

QUOTE(edyek @ May 27 2011, 10:33 AM)
Ain't all those bubble tea the same thing?

The only thing differs is taste, price, concept and etc. The fundamental is still BUBBLE TEA.

If one intends to run the business, why should one be in a mall? I couldn't agree that the publicity reaches more audience hence will have long long queue.

But ain't business is all about branding and patiently building your business empire?

If one is just looking at current trend to do business, then what if the trend dies out? Close the shop and look for another trend? I know someone is making money out from this, but not everyone can do it?
well, it is still bubble tea for sure ... but ChaTime definitely have a good branding and also daringly taken up gardens at really strategic location. Whether the trend will die out, i believe that time will tell, but based on the pricing and product, I think it stands a good chance of a long run (as opposed to doughnuts), i tend to believe that beverages will do better.

Whether the trend runs out or not, that is the nature of risk taking which occurs in every business. No one can provide guarantees. Just have to ride it while you can.

alhs76
post May 28 2011, 07:20 PM

Casual
480 posts

QUOTE(kons @ May 28 2011, 09:10 AM)
Quality of the chatime beverages is depending on the person making it.
Just compare the queue between Times Square and also Gardens.
Some of the previous Times Square staff has migrated to Gardens - Not to mention Gardens is now the all ladies team - Perhaps that's one of the reason for the long queue?
The franchise cost is MYR 500k.
500K!? Means exclude all other setup costs like reno, initial stock??

Sounds really steep!

rclxub.gif shakehead.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0331sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:33 AM