Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Altec Lansing Fan Club V2 (128 members!), Sound Leadership For The Digital Age

views

blackwhitechipsKL
post Jun 10 2021, 11:25 AM

Casual
328 posts

hi, maybe stupid question. Can i use my acs45.1 subwoofer and hook up to a bookshelf speaker with a subout?
blackwhitechipsKL
post Jun 11 2021, 01:11 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jun 10 2021, 06:05 PM)
you can but you'll still have to run the volume control which is attached to your right speaker. And it'll sound weird if you have 2 set of speaker playing together
i just want to use the sub and not use the satellites of the ACS45.1
blackwhitechipsKL
post Jun 11 2021, 11:06 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jun 11 2021, 08:59 PM)
Then I guess you'll have to get yourself a subwoofer amp separately and wire directly to the subwoofer speaker. There are many TPA3116D2 based subwoofer amps you can use to hotwire directly to the stock subwoofer speaker as long as you don't mind unscrewing and snipping the speaker wires.
My understanding is that ACS45.1 will not run without the right speaker. There may be a way if you are skilled with electronics and can bypass the main outputs by bridging some stuff in the built-in amp but I'm no expert in reverse engineering an amp,
just for anyone also wanting to do the same as i did. i consulted some friends, and ended up, cutting the 3.5mm aux cable, and had the ground attached to the Line Out Red Output, and the White/Red (combine it) to the Black Output. The standard audio line to the other speakers are also combined. You may need to switch polarity if you're not using the Altec Lansing supplied aux. Then just connect the Aux to either Line In on the Subwoofer and power the sub. This way, i am able to add the Altec Lansing Sub to my Edifier setup, and likely and speaker setup with Line Out.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0304sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:03 AM