Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

STPM cgpa requirements for IPTA, engineering

views

TSstrategist
post May 2 2011, 04:34 PM, updated 13y ago

Casual
487 posts

hi guys, I am doing this on the behalf of my friends. Some of my friends are going to take Form 6, and they are aiming for engineering. Hence they would like to know what's the minimum range of cgpa to be admitted into good IPTAs namely USM, UM, UTP, UKM and UTM. It would be best if there's an official source for it, but if there isn't any (knowing Malaysia...), just a rough range is enough, such as cgpa> 3.50, so they will know what to expect. smile.gif

P.S. If possible, please give me the actual results of the subjects too, such as cgpa 3.84 = 3A 1A- or what, since I am not familiar with the system as I am taking A-Levels. Thanks for helping biggrin.gif
yui91
post May 2 2011, 05:00 PM

Casual
341 posts

here's a report of almost all the courses in ipta with the number of chinese students who got accepted in each course and their cgpa in stpm/ matriculation.

http://www.quansheng.org/p/blog-page_11.html

Irzani
post May 2 2011, 05:42 PM

Just you know why .. why u and i ...
2,961 posts

Do not bother so much regarding the certain races website report .. part of it is not accurate. Exaggerated ..

> 3.85 is safe level and you can rant later in education ministry or MCA.
> 3.5 (if not top 5 universities in our countries.. it's a safe level). But if doesn't care about the status of universities, your friends may try UTEM or UNIMAP. The chances is very high

Anyway, it's all depends on the officer in charges of the intake, sometimes they are dumb enough to choose the wrong person ... I could even find people with below 3.5 in engineering courses and not active in curriculum.

Below 3? Yes, still got .. the chances is low .. but still someone escape .. very "transparent" intake brows.gif
johnkia
post May 2 2011, 07:35 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

UM is not good in engineering btw compared to the others -.- they only known for their medic and economic course..
Holyboy27
post May 2 2011, 08:02 PM

Enthusiast
842 posts

For popular engineering courses, there's civil engineering and chemical engineering.

Chemical engineering is competitive. CGPA 4.0 last I checked.

But mostly, try to get a 3.75 and above for better chances in the top IPTA's.
llobak
post May 2 2011, 10:35 PM

Casual
344 posts

For STPM student, if you wanna get east Malaysia uni.(UM, USM, UKM UPM) better get at least 3.84. else normally you'll end up at those last time they call kolej university then now call duno what name de university.

STPM now useless if compare to Matrix result.

for example: top course in engineering now is chemical engineering, if STPM student, if you don't have 4.00, don't even try to think wanna apply coz you'll never get. but strangely if you see the class in chemical engine, there are some matrix student with CGPA less than 4 they can get.

Malaysia boleh!
AhBoy~~
post May 3 2011, 10:15 PM

Regular
1,134 posts

what kind of engineering?

Engineering is big field... I saw ppl range from 2.8 up to 4.0 also got....

It would be best if there's an official source for it

u won't get any official source for this kind of things, they only state the lowest requirement for the course biggrin.gif
poilamacs
post May 4 2011, 12:05 AM

8 posts

how bout ums and unimas for chemical engineering ?
how is the environment in ums and unimas ??
Busquets
post May 4 2011, 12:57 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(poilamacs @ May 4 2011, 12:05 AM)
how bout ums and unimas for chemical engineering ?
how is the environment in ums and unimas ??
UNIMAS just started their chemical engineering programme last 2 years ago...so the facilities n lecturer's are still not adequate.

For UMS , the programme was started since 2003/2002(not sure)...not sure bout the environment there but some of my friend's are stdying that course..lot's of field trip's according to them...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 AM