Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta]Security door

spreeeee
post Apr 21 2016, 04:57 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Untitled2 @ Apr 20 2016, 07:09 PM)
My relative recommended New Edge because they have been using their doors for 6 Yrs still no problem. The price they buy consider cheap last time. Now can directly message them on Facebook already, But there's too many Facebook Page of theirs!!Took me some time to find their Official one.

They say this is their Official Facebook Page if anyone want to ask them directly.

https://www.facebook.com/New-edge-safety-do...56638631085101/

They are going to be on exhibition at KK this week. Dunno if they will have good deals or not. Haha. Maybe if you LIKE their page will have discount? lol.. Security these days so bad la...

Anyone else have issues with this door ar? I almost confirm want to buy already, going to visit their Sabah exhibition to see if got good discount.
heard quite a number of bad feedback.. first time heard good response from u ..
spreeeee
post Apr 21 2016, 05:04 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

QUOTE(ccheng0085 @ Mar 22 2016, 05:16 AM)
in sabah THC selling their main door 3'*3' + back door 3'=5500
if dont want their back door can discount 500.
got a main door with 4 doors, outer layer is stainless steel patterned grill, inner part is mild steel door, 6800. look tough. better then those got small opening at middle part.

The problem is..... got earlier post say avoid THC at all cost.... stress....  THC boleh pakai tak?
i believe all co. has pros and cons, jz the matter of moment when dealing?
spreeeee
post Apr 29 2016, 09:41 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

QUOTE(kingkongmonkey @ Apr 29 2016, 09:39 AM)
any comment on top security?
heard from another post.. after sales service is bad..
spreeeee
post Aug 18 2016, 11:04 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

QUOTE(ku1wing @ Jul 15 2016, 10:48 AM)
Actually Stainless Steel 304 grade security door is good. Just make sure it is thick enough, like 3mm will be the best. less than 2 mm is too thin, can be pried open actually.

But the weakness point of the doorset, is the lock itself. There is no need for a thief or burglar to attack your door, because the lock is so easy, no different than the ordinary locks on wooden door. The burglared case posted above is quite common, estimated takes less than 1 minute to enter. But if we just change the key cylinder to a high security type like KESO or EVVA, it will become near impossible for a thief. For a robber, I will still feel sorry for him. Probably after the police arrive, they are still trying to break the lock or door.

The point is, get a good thick door from a reliable door company, then get a good lock from a locksmith only. Sorry I am a locksmith from Kuching Sarawak, can't help you guys out in Peninsula. But I am trained from KL so I know some folks selling high security. Trust me, a door salesman might bluff but he knows nothing about locks. Door is their field, not locks. For locks, look for your locksmith. AND WE ARE TIRED OF REPAIRING LOUSY LOCKS INSTALLED BY DOOR SALESMAN!!

This is not my two cents, this is pure brutal knowledge.

Stay safe,
Francis Wong.
Master Locksmith @ The Fine Lock Shop Kuching
Visit Our Website Here
what is considered good lock? any sample brand/model?
spreeeee
post Sep 28 2016, 04:30 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

QUOTE(0hmyg0d @ Sep 21 2016, 01:28 PM)
Passed by NE today.

Got a quote for 5x7 or 6x7 + 3x7 at RM3499
5 and 6 feet same price

However, the guy said anything happens to the door or lock they will come within 3 days to replace. Also he mentioned that how advance and good the lock is.

Any comment guys?

Also I went to stuttgart, got the same quote from NE. Have u guys heard of this?
If compare Stuggart and NE, then go for Stuggart..
spreeeee
post Nov 2 2016, 09:57 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

QUOTE(ryuzaki_L @ Nov 2 2016, 05:54 PM)
hi all, wanna ask are all security doors need to hack the floor/tiles to fit the frame? New edge doors sales person said that need to hack the tiles to fit the frame.
Yes, the outer frame needs to sit under the floor line, i.e. Lower than tiles..

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0792sec    3.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th June 2018 - 09:45 AM