Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta]Security door

shinchan99
post Apr 17 2014, 05:38 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Anyone has been using security door long enough? Say 2-3 years? What's your feedback on this?

Recently went to the Perfect Living exhibition at PWTC and this idea came into my mind.. But manage to scout around for these doors during the exhibition, notice immediately there are some selling at premium price but VERY GOOD finishing and quality wise is there just by the view of it.. Also i do notice cheaper ones which has a rather lousy quality too..

Since the security door is so "secured" , what are the chances of this door to be spoilt? Probably due to the locking mechanism or due to key hole failure etc..? Any inputs will be much appreciated smile.gif
shinchan99
post Apr 18 2014, 09:08 AM

Casual

QUOTE(supersound @ Apr 17 2014, 08:28 PM)
Have to got how many bar are used to lock your door. If just like normal door, I only need a 14KG cylinder to break open the door.
Avoid using WD40 on all cost, use silicone lubricant are better thumbup.gif
I saw a few supplier most of their locks mechanism are top bottom and side , with some offered at higher premiums will have lock on top side and bottom side as well.

However, from my observation, these lock mechanisms are all inter-connected, means once you turn the key, all the locks (top+bottom+side) will retract to the frame and lock itself. So in other way to look at it, say if a theft with good knowledge on opening the door with pins or whatever device, just by turning the key direction, all the locks will unlock itself. Does it mean that no matter how many locks we buy (be it top bottom side top side bottom side) it will still be the same? rclxub.gif Unless it's like side you have one set of individual key lock, maybe top + bottom another set of individual key lock, the theft will surely have a rough time to open the door aint it?

Anyway just sharing my thoughts here. Not trying to say anything bad about the security door though. Of course we hope there's not much of profesional theft around here.. Coming back to the original question of the durability after going through this whole topic, some pointed out to avoid al-cheapo type, some having experience have to remove the whole security door due to faulty locks etc, it really makes me wonder should i venture into security doors. After some good pointers by supersound and cstkl1 , all we need is just to lubricant the locking mechanism part? Not too tough for a lubricating maintenance job.

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

shinchan99
post Jun 23 2014, 12:13 PM

Casual

Anyone got some review after using security door from Shinjin / Top Security / New Edge?

shinchan99
post Jun 26 2014, 08:50 AM

Casual

Just sharing,

Yesterday visited Shinjin at Puchong. Here are my findings:

1. Direct factory showroom combination. So local made assurance.
2. Pricing i got quoted for SS304 grill 5x7" single layer is RM 3,150.00, 6x7" RM3,300.00 inclusive installation exclude wet works.
3. Don't like the door key + handle design. It's actually very loose, which is quite similar to many security door lock available on the market. It's nothing near to Janus key lock type. Handle & locking mechanism made in China.
4. They have the latest handle design too, but still have that loose feeling after key poked into the hole.

That's all that i can think off now. Will try to get more information from Janus if they are having a booth at PWTC this week..
shinchan99
post Jun 30 2014, 11:04 AM

Casual

Just for sharing, here's some update from my latest visit at Reno Expo PWTC on 29/06/2014.

Went to New Edge Security door booth
1. Price for 5x7 single layer with ss304 grill is about RM 3,400.00
2. Door is mild steel hot deep galvanized + powder coating
3. Price for 6x7 single layer is RM3,300 with ss201 grill
4. All pricing includes installation & shipping but exclude wetworks
5. A big advantage compared to Shinjin is they have improved their key locks, which doesnt give the loose feelings after key poked in.

Went to Janus booth
1. Price for 4x7 single layer is RM 3,888. Price for 5.5x7 single layer is RM 4,888 This price include installation, transport & wetwork (only available during fair)
2. Key locks hole tight fitting.
3. Doors sealed with side rubber
4. Hidden hinges compared to other security door

My conclusion: I ended up buying with Janus. My reason, after viewing so many security door company, still Janus give me the best impression in terms of quality. Although pricing is steep, i prefer investing this in long term. My second choice will be New Edge, which is better off than Shinjin.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0605sec    3.72    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 07:15 PM