Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta]Security door

meteoraniac
post Jan 6 2014, 09:07 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

just surveyed two companies for a 3 x 7 double layered door

shinjin is 2000, 304 steel, inclusive of installation and delivery.. manufactured locally
janus is 3000, exclusive of 500 installation and 200 delivery.. import from china
meteoraniac
post Jan 7 2014, 08:49 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(kianchun555 @ Jan 7 2014, 09:54 AM)
Hi, mind to share more on the shinjin you mentioned? I have surveyed few shops including calling to shinjin, but the double layer security door with 304 steel will cost about RM2.4k. So your price of RM2k is really good.
my bad, the shinjin that I ordered is single layer but can open inside layer to let air through. I find that is sufficient already since the door itself has quite a number of security features to deter if not significantly delay the break in time.

the original price is 1700 (incl installation and delivery) but since my door size is not standard 3 x 7, i have to custom made for additional 300. still reasonable in my opinion. The fact that they manufacture locally and able to provide immediate assistance gives me a peace of mind in case the door or lock mechanism is faulty (fingers crossed).

so im guessing ur double layer at 2.4k (increment of 700 from 1700) is quite reasonable as well

suggest u to drop by their factory to visit them

meteoraniac
post Jan 8 2014, 06:49 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(kianchun555 @ Jan 8 2014, 05:47 PM)
Yes. I like their quality as compare to other manufacturer which provide buy 1 free 1 promo. I have asked before, for single layer, the price is about RM1.7k as you mentioned.
The reason I prefer double layer,
1) Can let 1 layer open while still having another layer locked for better air flow. Door in door design can do so, but opening the middle portion looks a bit flimsy.
2) Before opening the door, I can have a clear view of the car porch, just to avoid any robbers hiding at car porch and waiting for you to open the door at dawn, as I have to leave my house early morning to work.

However, there are some thing to be noted when using double layer, the door frame thickness is 8", which might looks slightly protruded out from the wall if the wall thickess is only 5-6".
the larger door frame kinda put me off to pursue double layered biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

meteoraniac
post Feb 10 2014, 06:31 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Edison83 @ Feb 10 2014, 05:04 PM)
I agree with you. I just apply 1 front and 1 back. 2x double layer seems costy to me, so I put single layer, it seems damn durable already.
How many layer and how good a security door is, still depend on your neighbourhood, if lets say you have a semi-D up at the hill, I did say the most layered and best security door you can find.

at a newly builded house, I would say double layer seems is the best. If you are in a friendly busy/ occupied everytime neighbourhood, single layer is more than enough. They cant open these door without making a loud noise, not much difference than knocking down wall to enter your house.

Security windows also important as well. normal grill can be easily removed. some even without any noise. I use Majestec for my windows, while 3 windows cost as much as my 2 security door, it seems very good design for someone love wind breeze.
Great insight, I've seen the Majestec windows on exhibition, it doesn't look very appealing, like a mosquito net. Having said that, it does provide you with peace of mind if it does the work. I'm looking at other options on securing my windows and sliding doors, like those with multiple locks and security tinting. Not a fan of grills.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0549sec    5.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 09:36 PM