Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta]Security door

leonhart88
post Nov 27 2014, 10:59 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(anotheryou @ Nov 11 2014, 01:08 PM)
Dear all,

I am not here to speak bad of any company but merely to give you guys a lil crap of what we went through with this NEW EDGE SO CALLED security doors.

PLS DO NOT BELIEVE THAT the SO CALLED Security Doors provide 100% security as per advertised- ANTI BURGLARY, ANTI PRY and all other b**lsh*t.

I have recently installed NEW EDGE security door in my hse in JUNE 2014. Less than 6 mths later, it was broken into and lost tonnes of stuff.

Best part is, when i called up NEW EDGE salesperson and told them that my ANTI BURGLARY NEW EDGE SECURITY DOORS got pried and broken into,

Salesperson reply : Their door ONLY SLOWS DOWN the burglary attempt.

ME: HUH?? (Dumbfounded for like 5secs)..but your advertising to the mass public is that is ALL ANTI BURGLARY AND ALL. How can you tell me it only slows down the attempt??

Salesperson Reply : HALO SIR..BANK VAULT also thief can break in ma...

ME: WTF??!!!...After we purchased and install the door, when got problem you tell me all this? Before that you told me very secure all..

Salesperson: I can only help you by arranging our door technician to look at it..

ME: OK please send some one over to fix it...

-end of conversation-

So the morale of my story is...
1. After paying so much for the security doors
2. Hse got broken into,
3. Hear the salesperson tell me that bank vault also can be broken into...
4. End up paying RM600 for new lockset

Please get a Guard Dog when is possible.

OKTHXBAI
[attachmentid=4211002][attachmentid=4211006][attachmentid=4211007][attachmentid=4211008][attachmentid=4211023]
Other than guard dog, what are other options? Cctv also the thieves can wear helmet or just turn off the electricity
leonhart88
post Nov 28 2014, 05:34 PM

Regular

QUOTE(weikee @ Nov 27 2014, 11:26 PM)
Nothing is 100% anti thief.
but i will be disappointed spending rm3k in order to see thieves broke my house
leonhart88
post Dec 1 2014, 09:21 AM

Regular

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 1 2014, 09:07 AM)
Friend nothing is 100% secure, and that also why some security door have more than 1 lock. Even if they don't break in from the door, they will come in from roof, windows.
that's why I don't invest heavily on security door. For Windows I use the grills to prevent the thieves come in. For roof? I don't know why thieves can go to roof if your house is located in G&G environment? so what is your suggestion to make my house safe from robbers? From the front my house looks ugly nia tongue.gif
leonhart88
post Dec 1 2014, 09:51 AM

Regular

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 1 2014, 09:34 AM)
G&G also have robbery and thief cases, just the frequency are lower. Even Condo happen. Roof, can add small wood to make the access smaller, or put the galvanized sheet meter this will slow them in. But that require you rem0ve the roof to install.

Nothing will prevent, most of the things will just slow the break in, not 100% prevent.
my roof using the light steel frame as the structure of roof. It's quite wide space for saving the material. The goodness although my roof is quite low but I don't face any heatness. My house is quite cool. Lost things are ok. Several years ago I lost my laptop, 3 pair of jeans, speaker, earphone, charger, bag and mobile phone. This is ok but sometimes robbers will come to murder you too.

This post has been edited by leonhart88: Dec 1 2014, 09:55 AM
leonhart88
post Dec 2 2014, 09:41 AM

Regular

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 1 2014, 10:21 AM)
You have to think the level of security. Level of layer.

But the best so far I experience is good area security guard and fence.
my house does not have fence liao but it's guarded and gated area per cluster. I don't like fence since too time wasting when you need to park your car to your yard. so far still secure. Last time when I stayed at my friend's house, the thieves stole our laptops , handphone, tv, etc although my friend's house got high fence one. the problem of his house is it is not a G&G environment.
leonhart88
post Dec 2 2014, 02:59 PM

Regular

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 2 2014, 10:22 AM)
Guard and area fence is your first layer of security. This layer is prevent from big loading thief. Car thieft and lorry loading. Guard and area fence require your whole area house coporation and community organizations. With this layer, you can leave your house for holiday and festive season for many day as you like.

I feel this very effective and for many yrs, my area is zero accident for whole area guard. But still got selfish and leech people that prevent from going higher level security.

Next layer security is the alarm system.
Hmm..my house area guarded and gated and when holoday just give some tips to security guards to look after my house. But my house does not have fence/gate.is that a problem? For cluster area(600 houses 1 door system area) got security guards 24 hrs and gated. I just don't like to have gate in front ofmy house and the street in my area just 6metres wide(1 car) I guess the thieves will be afraid using car/lorry. I think house without gate will be safer since thieves cannot hide.
leonhart88
post Dec 2 2014, 09:17 PM

Regular

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 2 2014, 03:07 PM)
As long as the whole area got fence. Not necessary to have fence for your house.

If no guard, I just drive the lorry in and happy happy load your stuff. Who care you got fence or not. I just tell your neighbour you are shifting house. Or I m driving your car away cause you no pay bank. Easy right?
What if they tipu the guards too? Whole area got the 2.5metres tall wall. What I am afraid is robbers liao..I am modest inside my house don't have luxury things. Maybe only 10k worth except car and bike ya.

This post has been edited by leonhart88: Dec 2 2014, 09:17 PM
leonhart88
post Dec 3 2014, 12:10 AM

Regular

QUOTE(jeckyl @ Dec 2 2014, 11:36 PM)
G&G is just a layer of protection like what Ozak mentioned above. Sure enough there are con-man that can drive in using lorry masked as Old newspaper seller or the Nigerians robbing houses by driving a luxury car in.

Besides your grill and secure door, house alarm can help but you need you housing area's guard to respond to the alarm. No use the alarm sounding off if the guard continue to look bored in the guardhouse!

Lastly if you have expensive possessions, get home insurance. Some thieves can appreciate fine art! brows.gif
thanks for your feedback.
how about cheap alarm sold in lelong for only rm5? where should I locate the alarm? I am afraid myself&family made the alarm rang then later neighbours don't care with my house, they will think I play only with the alarm.

Home insurance not cheap and I don't have any expensive things in my house. maybe I should buy car insurance?
what I am afraid the robbers come to kill me liao. Goods lost can be recovered but life cannot.
leonhart88
post Dec 3 2014, 10:52 AM

Regular

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 3 2014, 08:45 AM)
I don't no your area. The guard have a routine to round around every 2hr in my area. There is a key clock for every road and hang at my gate. Everytime there round till my side, they use the key to set the clock from my gate. Sometime I meet them and said Thank you boss.  biggrin.gif

You don't worry too much about robbery or theft. As long as you already done with what you think is good enough, just live on. Improve by experience.
The guards also have routine check in my area every 2 hrs but sometimes guard himself cooperate with thieves right? What is key clock? I am worrying because I had experience it before. Have you got experience the robbers put knife beside your neck? I had already.
leonhart88
post Dec 5 2014, 10:30 AM

Regular

QUOTE(quintesson @ Dec 5 2014, 04:05 AM)
Imo to minimise the damage of a break in, buy a householder insurance at least you can get back some compensation. No matter how many thousand we pour in for the security there's bound to be break in too. Just a matter of luck only.
What if in my house only rm10k goods worth?

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0594sec    4.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 11:10 PM