Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta]Security door

views

hushymushy
post Mar 24 2015, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,702 posts

did u guys noticed that some security doors, esp double layer where there is SS grill in the middle.....the manufacturers use silicon glue to seal the SS grill....
looks abit not so safe...don't you think?
hushymushy
post Apr 23 2015, 08:36 AM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(MonsterPips @ Apr 23 2015, 06:57 AM)
Would like to ask if i want to get a security door, do i need to change frame if door size is the same?
majority of the security doors today comes with metal frame.....so very likely you need to remove the current wooden frames as the hinges can't support the metal door weight

hushymushy
post May 7 2015, 10:32 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(GoldenBest @ Apr 24 2015, 11:15 AM)
PowderCoating Door Already Break In.......... vmad.gif [attachmentid=4424400][attachmentid=4424401][attachmentid=4424402][attachmentid=4424403][attachmentid=4424404]
i'm no security expert....but after been surveying and checking many times in detail...

here's what i notice.....

1. the locks they use are common mortise locks....usually it is preferred to have hardened anti drill type....in the case of my friend.....the thief used a battery powered drill.....condo....captured on cctv....they will try to drill through the keyhole.....he is using Janus security door.....the surface was damaged but the key was still able to open from inside

2. some doors do not have a manual dead bolt from inside.....this is to safe guard occupants should the first lock gets damaged and removed

3. the stainless steel grill in the middle part is not very helpful....most of the welding is not strong and in those really cheapo like buy 1 free 1 door, you can see the silicon glue at the back of the SS grill....

4. if you look at better quality ones, the door comes with full frame, even the floor piece so that they deter jacking up the door

5. the better ones do not have opening in the middle

hushymushy
post Jan 25 2016, 09:51 AM

Regular
1,702 posts

so far no issue with my Janus....

try looking closer at the built quality of other brands...am not saying Janus is superior

but generally because its not a 2 in 1 door.

those with SS grill and where you can open a smaller leaf....try look at the wielding joints....
also....the locks are normal motis locks....can be easily drilled through...not quite the locks you want to have
hushymushy
post Jun 13 2017, 10:34 AM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(Andy^L @ Jun 12 2017, 11:58 PM)
recently want to install the security door, but i found now market many type od door. do u think THC door better?
the cost around RM7999 front 2 door n back single door with 2 layers door.
Been awhile since I surveyed the latest design.

Until the local manufacturers have rectified the 2 layer internal leaf security flaw....its best to go for 1 full solid leaf.

Last time i bought Janus at 11k for front and kitchen.

Front is 5feet x 8 feet high....

Kitchen 3feet x 7 feet.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:12 PM