Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta]Security door

Edison83
post Oct 21 2013, 12:33 PM

No Games No Lifes.
Group: Senior Member

I last week went to HomeDec Expo at KLCC, I saw several company of security door, the only 1 stand out is Janus, a standard size security door cost RM3000, but its still the best of all security door. the only downside is that the door doesn't have a secondary "window or door" to let the airflow go.

The rest security door pretty much the same feature. My concern is the hinge are exposed outside, is it dangerous or easy for the theft to get in?? Unlike Janus security door, others security door key can be reduplicate, while janus cant.

My concern also like forumer above, since they come and pasang the door, they know our address and pretty much the key can be duplicated. The door design also prevent me to pasang another metal/steel grill outside.

I ordered THC security door 2 standard size baru RM3000 single layer. i ordered from THC because they wen to every expo, so pretty much the company in good shape, wont lari my pintu. FYI RM3000 for 2 layer door from THC.

* I cant afford Janus...
Edison83
post Oct 22 2013, 11:25 AM

No Games No Lifes.

QUOTE(Quiana @ Oct 22 2013, 09:57 AM)
Hi Edison83,

If u are concern about the exposed hinges, maybe u can let the door swing in instead of swing out ( if there is enough space inside). There will be additional changes for doors swing in (RM 100 - Rm 200) .
are you from THC?

I have 2nd though of top up for double door.... will I still get expo price?
Edison83
post Oct 23 2013, 09:46 AM

No Games No Lifes.

QUOTE(Quiana @ Oct 22 2013, 12:57 PM)
No lah, I am end user. I hv concern like u regarding the hinges, so I make the door swing in and the hinges will be inside the house lor smile.gif
thanks, will check out with THC soon, yesterday I call all their number.... no body pick up the phone. I think they able to hit target on homedec, now on company vacation or something...

Edison83
post Oct 23 2013, 10:34 AM

No Games No Lifes.

QUOTE(Quiana @ Oct 22 2013, 12:57 PM)
No lah, I am end user. I hv concern like u regarding the hinges, so I make the door swing in and the hinges will be inside the house lor smile.gif
did you put another grilled steel door outside?
Edison83
post Oct 27 2013, 07:41 PM

No Games No Lifes.

I reinspect THC Security door, it seems I doesn't need to worried about the hinge exposed, because it has some steel bar behind, even if the thief manage to cut the hinge, there no way the thief can detach the door due to the steel bar below the hinge block it from getting removed.

My concern still the master key getting copied secretly. This is the 1st reason I wanna put another grill bar outside. Wondering if can ask them make some rabbit ear on the door or not...

Edison83
post Feb 10 2014, 05:04 PM

No Games No Lifes.

QUOTE(meteoraniac @ Jan 7 2014, 08:49 PM)
my bad, the shinjin that I ordered is single layer but can open inside layer to let air through. I find that is sufficient already since the door itself has quite a number of security features to deter if not significantly delay the break in time.

the original price is 1700 (incl installation and delivery) but since my door size is not standard 3 x 7, i have to custom made for additional 300. still reasonable in my opinion. The fact that they manufacture locally and able to provide immediate assistance gives me a peace of mind in case the door or lock mechanism is faulty (fingers crossed).

so im guessing ur double layer at 2.4k (increment of 700 from 1700) is quite reasonable as well

suggest u to drop by their factory to visit them
I agree with you. I just apply 1 front and 1 back. 2x double layer seems costy to me, so I put single layer, it seems damn durable already.
How many layer and how good a security door is, still depend on your neighbourhood, if lets say you have a semi-D up at the hill, I did say the most layered and best security door you can find.

at a newly builded house, I would say double layer seems is the best. If you are in a friendly busy/ occupied everytime neighbourhood, single layer is more than enough. They cant open these door without making a loud noise, not much difference than knocking down wall to enter your house.

Security windows also important as well. normal grill can be easily removed. some even without any noise. I use Majestec for my windows, while 3 windows cost as much as my 2 security door, it seems very good design for someone love wind breeze.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0570sec    3.11    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 11:14 PM