Retirement Planning.

views

honeyyvonne
post May 6 2011, 04:23 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(morning06 @ May 6 2011, 12:21 PM)
Hello,
Great Eastern Life Planner here,
the great junior you have is the one with 10 years commitment plan right?

if it is, ya great junior was taken back last year, now replaced with Income Enhancer. The concept of the plan are very alike with some differs ^^

gratz on getting the plan before it was taken back ^^ a good plan for retirement ^^
Can I know moe about the plan? For retirement rite?
andrewckj
post May 6 2011, 05:39 PM

Want your wish
1,732 posts

Do some studies and buy into blue chip defensive shares, as usually the shares of the company will grow with the economy after absorbing the inflation. But you got to ask yourself, what is your risk appetite, is putting money in stocks too risky for you?
cckkpr
post May 6 2011, 05:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,405 posts

If you get the opportunity, put your monies into ASM or Wawasan 2020 funds and you cannot be wrong with it!

Its yearly dividends is >6% and zero downside risk.
JapBoyRockS
post May 6 2011, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

If your are looking at retirement planning, you would want to look into a second EPF-like fund which is stable.
Look into a long savings plan, & retirement plan etc which provides stable income stream or lump sum income when you retire.
I'm pretty sure you would want something which is secure for your daily expenses when you retire. Upon retirement age, you wouldn't want to have so many assets & investments which carries high risk, even if your pocket can take it, your heart might not be able to take it..haha
My advice? start young, slowly contribute & commit to a savings plan which provides fairly well interest rates & even better if compounded interest rates, you'll be amazed small consistent contributions over time can lead to a nice huge lump sum payment for you to enjoy when you retire.

I'm a pru wealth planner btw, hope these advice helps =)

This post has been edited by JapBoyRockS: May 6 2011, 05:58 PM
andrewckj
post May 6 2011, 06:14 PM

Want your wish
1,732 posts

QUOTE(JapBoyRockS @ May 6 2011, 05:56 PM)
If your are looking at retirement planning, you would want to look into a second EPF-like fund which is stable.
Look into a long savings plan, & retirement plan etc which provides stable income stream or lump sum income when you retire.
I'm pretty sure you would want something which is secure for your daily expenses when you retire. Upon retirement age, you wouldn't want to have so many assets & investments which carries high risk, even if your pocket can take it, your heart might not be able to take it..haha
My advice? start young, slowly contribute & commit to a savings plan which provides fairly well interest rates & even better if compounded interest rates, you'll be amazed small consistent contributions over time can lead to a nice huge lump sum payment for you to enjoy when you retire.
I'm a pru wealth planner btw, hope these advice helps =)
I like your advice, which I think many Malaysians should start young instead of fancying those Starbucks Coffee and splashing away their money in shopping/ entertainment. I'm sure you will have a good life in later years. Cheers rclxms.gif
JapBoyRockS
post May 7 2011, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(andrewckj @ May 6 2011, 06:14 PM)
I like your advice, which I think many Malaysians should start young instead of fancying those Starbucks Coffee and splashing away their money in shopping/ entertainment. I'm sure you will have a good life in later years. Cheers rclxms.gif
Thanks bro!
I mean, you can of course enjor after you've allocated some fund for future planning, of course you have to treat yourself too!
That it why i always recommend savings plan for those planning for retirement, its also to cultivate discipline in fund management. =)
SUSMNet
post May 7 2011, 03:35 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

any plan can accept rm100/month premium?
MaxWealth
post May 7 2011, 08:36 PM

Casual
421 posts

many plans...
morning06
post May 7 2011, 11:37 PM

Enthusiast
869 posts

QUOTE(JapBoyRockS @ May 7 2011, 01:04 AM)
Thanks bro!
I mean, you can of course enjor after you've allocated some fund for future planning, of course you have to treat yourself too!
That it why i always recommend savings plan for those planning for retirement, its also to cultivate discipline in fund management. =)
Very agree with this one ^^ ppl should learn to allocate for saving first and the extra for entertainment.
Discipline is very important in order to save for future and retirement. It is easier to start commit when we are young and develop the habit. Starting with small amount and commit to it is better than never starting at all; sikit2, lame2 jadilah bukit.
JapBoyRockS
post May 8 2011, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ May 7 2011, 03:35 PM)
any plan can accept rm100/month premium?
yes there are =)
SUSMNet
post May 8 2011, 04:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

show me then
JapBoyRockS
post May 8 2011, 09:26 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ May 8 2011, 04:18 PM)
show me then
PM-ed you =)
TSJutawan
post May 9 2011, 09:46 AM

Casual
379 posts

QUOTE(andrewckj @ May 6 2011, 05:39 PM)
Do some studies and buy into blue chip defensive shares, as usually the shares of the company will grow with the economy after absorbing the inflation. But you got to ask yourself, what is your risk appetite, is putting money in stocks too risky for you?
Nw i heard there is a way to put our EPF Account 1 into the stock market, a good opportunity to invest long term and increase our EPF Account 1 worth once we retire? Or better stay with less risk like UT.
JapBoyRockS
post May 9 2011, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(Jutawan @ May 9 2011, 09:46 AM)
Nw i heard there is a way to put our EPF Account 1 into the stock market, a good opportunity to invest long term and increase our EPF Account 1 worth once we retire? Or better stay with less risk like UT.
Theres another option in which not into stock market but u transfer your EPF account 1 to fund managers to manage for you, returns are higher than the rates EPF provide. However the profit cannot be withdrawned.. Goverment regulation..they allow the use of fund in EPF account 1 but everything after the maturity date has to be transferred back into the EPF account 1..haha.. alot of people doing it now..and these are all regulated by professional fund managers and there are strict regulation form government =)
SUSMNet
post May 9 2011, 06:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

u mean unit trust?
JapBoyRockS
post May 9 2011, 07:57 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ May 9 2011, 06:47 PM)
u mean unit trust?
nopes not unit trust..its something like unit trust.. but not like it.. its fund managed by fund managers in various assets in which risk are regulated and must get clearance from EPF and the governments because its a huge sum of money involved.
SUSMNet
post May 9 2011, 08:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

wat name?
`arthas
post May 9 2011, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(JapBoyRockS @ May 9 2011, 07:57 PM)
nopes not unit trust..its something like unit trust.. but not like it.. its fund managed by fund managers in various assets in which risk are regulated and must get clearance from EPF and the governments because its a huge sum of money involved.
sounds interesting... rclxms.gif what is that?
JapBoyRockS
post May 10 2011, 12:42 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(`arthas @ May 9 2011, 08:46 PM)
sounds interesting...  rclxms.gif what is that?
I just checked with my office, the plan i mention is not accepting new applications temporarily =(
sorry to dissapoint, now only the unit trust plan is available, this plan still provides interest rates high than what EFP gives anually =)

TSJutawan
post May 13 2011, 12:08 PM

Casual
379 posts

QUOTE(JapBoyRockS @ May 9 2011, 07:57 PM)
What do you name it? The investment vehicle got name right?

16 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0365sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:50 PM