44 Pages « < 41 42 43 44 > 
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HiMedia Media Player, All about HiMedia

themanf2003
post Apr 9 2014, 12:25 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 9 2014, 11:30 AM)
i only know cloudtv, netflix and huluplus. chinese ones, think there r a few too. i have not used any of them.

off and on, u'll read some seller posting them for sale, some offer free trials. u'll have to lcoate the threads/posts, pm them.

or maybe start a new thread, invite them to pm you!

do check thoroughly... my view on this new exploding world of iptv via all kinds of boxes is that technology is changing very fast, many things get obsolete within a couple of years. so, reliable support and updates for hardware-firmwares-apps is critical. if not u spend the money only to find it gathering dust very quickly...
thanks very much for the good info. I found a site :
http://commodatecnologia.blogspot.com/2014...croll-down.html

I think I will check it out first...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 13 2014, 06:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

i'll comment in this thread since the ts/seller in the other one seems to have gone awol, no response for so long...

QUOTE(chokia @ Apr 11 2014, 10:07 AM)
So anyone successfully install XBMC on Q5ii yet?

current model is q5ii emmc. latest firmware is 1.0.6 emmc eng.
that firmware comes with xbmc 12.2 and a customised advancedsettings.xml.
this way, it works good up to 720 dts5.1, most 1080 will jerk/lag, unwatchable.
xbmc 12.2 is not as good as 12.3, so i applied that xml to 12.3 - same result.
applied the same xml to q5ii non-emmc xbmc 12.3, same result.
conclusion - this machine can play xbmc 12.3 up to 720, no problem.
1080 - tak pakai.

QUOTE(macguyver @ Apr 11 2014, 11:08 AM)
Himedia Q5II good?
good if yr watch both chinese and english video - live tv and video on demand.
tonnes of chinese stuff to watch - live tv, tv series. movies, hd, sd... not all work smoothly but good enough.
couldtv, netflix, huluplus work fine, no problem.
english stuff in xbmc already commented above.
so, if yr taste is chinese-english mixed, good.
if u only want certain english stuff in highest hd, go check out something else.

the machine can handle dtshdma, bdmv/iso/m2ts, flac, 3d files playback via usb - good.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Apr 13 2014, 06:50 PM
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 16 2014, 02:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(blue1ce @ Apr 16 2014, 01:37 PM)
I just got my Q3 II. So far Mediacenter can play all the files i have in from a shared drive via the network except multiple M2TS files within a BDMV folders. When you launch the BDMV the folder it will just play one file and stops. When you click on the Chapters, you can't see the other files in there. You can see the rest of the files from Playlist but it will play one and then stop. I find this very weird as it doesn't seem to play every M2TS file in the folder by itself or allow navigation between the play with FWD or RWD. Anyone facing the same issue? Is there something i'm missing or it's firmware issue. I'm using 1.05 firmware version.
i know exactly wat u r talking about...

the media player is probably too simple. can't go deeper into the folders embedded inside.

no difference if u use file manager. no difference with 1.0.6 firmware.

the only way to go about it is u cut all the m2ts files and paste onto the main folder. then when u play the main folder it will read properly, one by one.

i have seen same problem with another media player, but in that player, it offers a browse option to go deeper into the folders, bdmv->stream where it will play correctly.
+Quote Post
topsword
post Apr 16 2014, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Dear Sifus,

I have this is issue of some cracking sound after playing the movies for more than 20 minutes. In order to stop this annoying sound, I would have to press on the return button to go back to the main screen and then re-play it again, then sound will goes away. When I play the same movie in another media player, I do not have this problem. What is the setting that I need to ensure this kind of schedule cranking sound will disappear? Many thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 16 2014, 06:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(topsword @ Apr 16 2014, 04:28 PM)
Dear Sifus,

I have this is issue of some cracking sound after playing the movies for more than 20 minutes. In order to stop this annoying sound, I would have to press on the return button to go back to the main screen and then re-play it again, then sound will goes away. When I play the same movie in another media player, I do not have this problem. What is the setting that I need to ensure this kind of schedule cranking sound will disappear? Many thanks in advance.
u mean playback a file via usb?

r u using media center or file manager or xbmc to play that?

model?
+Quote Post
chilskater
post Apr 17 2014, 11:52 PM

Getting Started

found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175164

+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 18 2014, 10:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(chilskater @ Apr 17 2014, 11:52 PM)
thanks, it was good for me to read it as it is consistent with all that I encountered.

that forum captures the problem of himedia streaming xbmc 720-1080 content incl frustrations and solutions, discussions on rooting, advancedsettings.xml, a himedia customised version xbmc 12.2 hiplayer.apk, non-emmc vs emmc model and firmware up to 1.0.4. unfortunately, there isn't any post on latest firmware 1.0.6. would be good if there are new posts in that forum for us to learn something from.

after some tests, i can reconfirm that the customised xbmc 12.2 will play 1080 aac2.0/dd5.1/dts5.1 smoothly on 1.0.6. however, this 12.2 version is unable to play some good addons, e.g. kissanime and buzzy sports in mashup, so i had reverted to 12.3 but applied the customised 12.2 advancedsettings.xml that came with the 1.0.6 firmware - this worked well for 720 but not 1080. while 720 suffices for the most part in xbmc, it will be great if next firmware 1.0.7 will come with a customised xbmc 12.3 or gotham that will handle 1080 smoothly.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Apr 19 2014, 09:09 AM
+Quote Post
missysleepy
post Apr 19 2014, 08:21 PM

Hi avfans, hope u can assist me to do the back up of my media player apps and contents before i upgrade online to its latest firmware 1.0.6 . In setting , i found the menu says backup and reset but it only allows factory reset and there is no button to backup to usb external drive neither a button to reload back the apps back later .

How do we backup everything expecially apps like xbmc, cloudtv etc , i do not want to do the search again for my favourite programs which i have selected previously. Tq

This post has been edited by missysleepy: Apr 19 2014, 08:22 PM
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 19 2014, 09:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Apr 19 2014, 08:21 PM)
Hi avfans, hope u can assist me to do the back up of my media player apps and contents before i upgrade online to its latest firmware 1.0.6 . In setting , i found the menu says backup and reset but it only allows factory reset and there is no button to backup to usb external drive neither a button to reload back the apps back later .

How do we backup everything expecially apps like xbmc, cloudtv etc , i do not want to do the search again for my favourite programs which i have selected previously. Tq
what is yr model?
emmc or non-emmc?
r u now using 1.0.4 or 1.0.5?
china or english version?
what xbmc version r u using now?
the online update for 1.0.6 - is it prompting u or u found it available in settings->system->upgrade?
+Quote Post
chanhin
post Apr 19 2014, 11:25 PM

Enthusiast

Hi,

I am a serious problem with my Q6ii where with some titles of DTS sound, there will be loud explosive sound just a second. Usually one movie only has one second each of that disturbing sound. It is repeatable with the same movies. When tested with my other two HiMedia 600 and 900, no issue. My handphone also no such issue.

How can I solve it?
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 20 2014, 12:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(chanhin @ Apr 19 2014, 11:25 PM)
Hi,

I am a serious problem with my Q6ii where with some titles of DTS sound, there will be loud explosive sound just a second. Usually one movie only has one second each of that disturbing sound. It is repeatable with the same movies. When tested with my other two HiMedia 600 and 900, no issue. My handphone also no such issue.

How can I solve it?
u mean playback media file via usb using media center?

the loud sound always happen at the same spot of the movie if u play again and again?

can check the sound settings... hdmi, spdif see if set correct for yr sound system

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Apr 20 2014, 01:22 AM
+Quote Post
missysleepy
post Apr 20 2014, 08:34 PM

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 19 2014, 09:09 PM)
what is yr model?
emmc or non-emmc?
r u now using 1.0.4 or 1.0.5?
china or english version?
what xbmc version r u using now?
the online update for 1.0.6 - is it prompting u or u found it available in settings->system->upgrade?
Hi media q6II
Non emmc.
Not sure if its chinese or english version, but all the text were in english. I updated previously from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 from a website pan.baidu.com .
I found 1.0.6 upgrade in setting>system>upgrade. It didnt prompted me. I just went into setting and check it.
Xbmc version 12.3

Thanks icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
chanhin
post Apr 20 2014, 10:08 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 20 2014, 12:33 AM)
u mean playback media file via usb using media center?
Stream files via NAS and gigabit network.

the loud sound always happen at the same spot of the movie if u play again and again?
Yes.

can check the sound settings... hdmi, spdif see if set correct for yr sound system
It is using raw via HDMI and let my AVR decode. Or else cannot enjoy surroud sound ya. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 20 2014, 10:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Apr 20 2014, 08:34 PM)
Hi media q6II
Non emmc.
Not sure if its chinese or english version, but all the text were in english. I updated previously from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 from a website pan.baidu.com .
I found 1.0.6  upgrade in setting>system>upgrade. It didnt prompted me. I just went into setting and check it.
Xbmc version 12.3

Thanks icon_rolleyes.gif
i m a user... the reason i asked u those questions was to minimise potential mistakes leading to havoc!
i m not sure but i think q6ii is the same as q5ii except for a couple of things, so i will share my exp based on q5ii with both emmc and non-emmc.
unless i am outdated, 106 eng firmware for non-emmc models isn't available yet, available for emmc models only.
this is impt becos there is a chance that if you do update online, you will get 1.0.6 china version, which is quite different from the eng (int'l) version.
anyway, u can try and then see wat happens. if dissatisfied, you can restore with the 1.0.5 - u should hv a copy with you.

if the 106 is china version, you may see some apps erased, so it is surely advisable to get a backup of all yr user apps apks before u update.
yr ip address, dns settings may all be changed too, based my my experience, so u may want to write all that down beforehand.
playstore will not be there as google is banned in china. youtube should be there and should work.
also, you may get xbmc replaced by a himedia customised 12.2 version, maybe not, i can't be sure as i hv seen some weird things before.

if the 1.0.6 is eng version, it should come with customised xbmc 12.2 which works well w/o crashing, 720-1080 files play smooth but some addons will not work like they do in 12.3.
you may choose to reinstall 12.3 later but do try it out first.
it will have mangotv, playstore, youtube as well.
u can see why 1.0.6 eng version is a better one.
but you may find something strange about the new homepage/launcher - some apps not displayed.
you may think they are gone but they are actually still there, just hidden, need a second launcher to bring them up.
if you need help then, i can try to assist.

i m just sharing from experience, not sure if you will find the same. so, all the best!

about user apps backup on usb... see if you follow below.

i do not know if there are easier or more elegant ways but this is my way….

firstly, u need es file explorer to manually copy and paste files. file manager can’t do that as some files are hidden. need mouse for the operation:
.. get and install es file explorer app from playstore (think can downld the apk from website with pc too)
.. es file explorer, go to tools, click on “show hidden files”
.. go to apps manager, u will see all the user apps
.. click and press/hold one app to highlight it
…see screen bottom, look for copy:
1. if there, u can tick all the rest and click copy. then click on sda1 (usb drive ready) and paste there, whatever yr folder name is.
2. If copy not there, highlight the app u want, click on backup. this will send the copy to the backups folder in sdcard. copy yr apps one by one. then go to local->sdcard->backups, you see apps folder – check inside to see if all user apps there. then return to apps, copy and paste whole folder into yr usb drive.
if u ever lose any of those apps, use file manager to install the apk(s) back one by one.

above is to copy and save user apps only, incl xbmc. xbmc settings, addons, userdata need to saved separately:
.. go to sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc, copy n paste folder org.xbmc.xbmc onto usb drive.
.. when firmware update complete, check xbmc in order, everything there. If settings/addons/userdata gone, copy n paste the org.xbmc.xbmc folder onto the folder data, overwrite existing empty folder if any.

+Quote Post
agingamer
post Apr 20 2014, 10:37 PM

Getting Started

Dear sifus,
Does any of the media players support Astro On-The-Go? (i.e. installing the app via Google Play Store)

Thanks
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 20 2014, 10:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(chanhin @ Apr 20 2014, 10:08 PM)
Stream files via NAS and gigabit network.
Yes.
It is using raw via HDMI and let my AVR decode. Or else cannot enjoy surroud sound ya.  sweat.gif
i wudn't be able to comment on nas and gigabit network...

but i can share...
if the same noise comes at same spot everytime, i wud suspect the file is corrupted.
i have experienced disturbances like this on one player and not on another.
some players have decoders superior than others.
or it could be bad sectors in yr drive.
i just had one big file behaving like that - ok on one player, not on another. ok on one drive, not on another.
to be complete, clean up the drive, get another version of the file, problem was solved.
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Apr 20 2014, 10:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(agingamer @ Apr 20 2014, 10:37 PM)
Dear sifus,
Does any of the media players support Astro On-The-Go? (i.e. installing the app via Google Play Store)

Thanks
yes, q5ii will work, i tried. no idea about the other models.
+Quote Post
chanhin
post Apr 20 2014, 10:52 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 20 2014, 10:39 PM)
i wudn't be able to comment on nas and gigabit network...

but i can share...
if the same noise comes at same spot everytime, i wud suspect the file is corrupted.
i have experienced disturbances like this on one player and not on another.
some players have decoders superior than others.
or it could be bad sectors in yr drive.
i just had one big file behaving like that - ok on one player, not on another. ok on one drive, not on another.
to be complete, clean up the drive, get another version of the file, problem was solved.
Well, it certainly is not the file curroption for the following reasons;

(1) I have another 2 media players, also from HiMedia 600A and 900A, no issue for the same files
(2) Video section are not curropted at all
(3) Computers, laptop, handphone, tablets all screaming files without issue.

The only one having issue is the Q6ii. And I believe it is a bug from extracting the raw sound stream into HDMI.
+Quote Post
missysleepy
post Apr 21 2014, 08:10 AM

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 20 2014, 10:32 PM)
i m a user... the reason i asked u those questions was to minimise potential mistakes leading to havoc!
i m not sure but i think q6ii is the same as q5ii except for a couple of things, so i will share my exp based on q5ii with both emmc and non-emmc.
unless i am outdated, 106 eng firmware for non-emmc models isn't available yet, available for emmc models only.
this is impt becos there is a chance that if you do update online, you will get 1.0.6 china version, which is quite different from the eng (int'l) version.
anyway, u can try and then see wat happens. if dissatisfied, you can restore with the 1.0.5 - u should hv a copy with you.

if the 106 is china version, you may see some apps erased, so it is surely advisable to get a backup of all yr user apps apks before u update.
yr ip address, dns settings may all be changed too, based my my experience, so u may want to write all that down beforehand.
playstore will not be there as google is banned in china. youtube should be there and should work.
also, you may get xbmc replaced by a himedia customised 12.2 version, maybe not, i can't be sure as i hv seen some weird things before.

if the 1.0.6 is eng version, it should come with customised xbmc 12.2 which works well w/o crashing, 720-1080 files play smooth but some addons will not work like they do in 12.3.
you may choose to reinstall 12.3 later but do try it out first.
it will have mangotv, playstore, youtube as well.
u can see why 1.0.6 eng version is a better one.
but you may find something strange about the new homepage/launcher - some apps not displayed.
you may think they are gone but they are actually still there, just hidden, need a second launcher to bring them up.
if you need help then, i can try to assist.

i m just sharing from experience, not sure if you will find the same. so, all the best!

about user apps backup on usb... see if you follow below.

i do not know if there are easier or more elegant ways but this is my way….

firstly, u need es file explorer to manually copy and paste files. file manager can’t do that as some files are hidden. need mouse for the operation:
.. get and install es file explorer app from playstore (think can downld the apk from website with pc too)
.. es file explorer, go to tools, click on “show hidden files”
.. go to apps manager, u will see all the user apps
.. click and press/hold one app to highlight it
…see screen bottom, look for copy:
1.  if there, u can tick all the rest and click copy. then click on sda1 (usb drive ready) and paste there, whatever yr folder name is.
2. If copy not there, highlight the app u want, click on backup. this will send the copy to the backups folder in sdcard. copy yr apps one by one. then go to local->sdcard->backups, you see apps folder –  check inside to see if all user apps there. then return to apps, copy and paste whole folder into yr usb drive.
if u ever lose any of those apps, use file manager to install the apk(s) back one by one.

above is to copy and save user apps only, incl xbmc. xbmc settings, addons, userdata need to saved separately:
.. go to sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc, copy n paste folder org.xbmc.xbmc onto usb drive.
.. when firmware update complete, check xbmc in order, everything there. If settings/addons/userdata gone, copy n paste the org.xbmc.xbmc folder onto the folder data, overwrite existing empty folder if any.
Thanks for sharing avfans. You did a lot of good research in this. Even the sellers fails to address new change and this is somewhere i hope they improve their service here for english users here. What i hope to see is a better media player that is supported by english supports. Not sure if things gonna change soon . Anyway, i need some time to beat this as it sounds a bit complicated for layman like me here. I will try to digest the infos here first and thank again.
+Quote Post
wkc
post Apr 21 2014, 03:51 PM

Group: New Member

Hi everyone....anybody knows where i can buy the remote control for Q5II model?
+Quote Post

44 Pages « < 41 42 43 44 >
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0652sec    1.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:36 PM