QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 10 2017, 12:49 AM)
ad is still showing android 5.1.

not a good sign. tongue.gif
Upgradable... My SIL bought from this seller b4...😝😝
stormaker
post Oct 10 2017, 07:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,086 posts

My Himedia Q10 Pro still can't update to firmware 2.0.5 through OTA, it's always says it's already the latest firmware even I'm still on 2.0.4. U guys didn't facing this, or you skip the OTA n update using USB ? hmm.gif
Ngto
post Oct 10 2017, 09:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,268 posts

Regarding Q10 Pro. Anyone have any BD ISO to test the new patch for 2.05fw with BD Menus? Is it working good? 3D BD Menus working? Appreciate some feedback smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ngto: Oct 10 2017, 09:20 AM
dreamwave
post Oct 10 2017, 09:48 AM

9 posts

Thanks guys for all your inputs, suggestions and advice. It's given me more to think about especially what AVFAN said about native players and wrappers. Although I am technically inclined, this is a new area for me. Hopefully I have some time to research a bit more on it.

If any of you have any links to informative websites that provides a step to step on how to setup the Q10 to stream like Kodi and even how to load chinese movie/drama apps, that would be immensely helpful. Thanks so much again.
AVFAN
post Oct 10 2017, 10:52 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(stormaker @ Oct 10 2017, 07:50 AM)
My Himedia Q10 Pro still can't update to firmware 2.0.5 through OTA, it's always says it's already the latest firmware even I'm still on 2.0.4. U guys didn't facing this, or you skip the OTA n update using USB ?  hmm.gif
2.0.5 OTA is not put there yet, will take a while.
u need not wait, can install via USB.
use the update option in settings, no need to pin restore for reinstall clean if u now hv 2.0.4.
QUOTE(Ngto @ Oct 10 2017, 09:08 AM)
Regarding Q10 Pro. Anyone have any BD ISO to test the new patch for 2.05fw with BD Menus? Is it working good? 3D BD Menus working? Appreciate some feedback  smile.gif
BD iso = BDMV?
the beta apk provides a choice of "BD full navigation" or "BD Lite".
the full BD menu works fine for regular 1920x1080 but not uhd4k 3840x2160.
u get the full menu, all the extras.
(can't say for 3D, never use that.)
except that autoframe swtich is not working unlike with the BD Lite option.
already reported, should be fixed when the official apk is released or built into next firmware.
QUOTE(dreamwave @ Oct 10 2017, 09:48 AM)
Thanks guys for all your inputs, suggestions and advice. It's given me more to think about especially what AVFAN said about native players and wrappers. Although I am technically inclined, this is a new area for me. Hopefully I have some time to research a bit more on it.

If any of you have any links to informative websites that provides a step to step on how to setup the Q10 to stream like Kodi and even how to load chinese movie/drama apps, that would be immensely helpful. Thanks so much again.
Kodi is a common app that works the same on any android box, tablet or phone.
there is no special procedure for any box, assuming it is android 5 or higher and there is sufficient memory/storage.
if u already know how for yr current box, it is the same with all other boxes.
same with all other apps - same method for all boxes - u install apps either direct from playstore or via the apk placed in yr usb drive.

if u hv never installed/removed any app, updated firmware, removed junk, backup apk's, clean install anything... u do need to get yr hands on it, perhaps need some help.
for apps, they are all over the place - u just need to google, read and access certain websites to find them.
there are threads here where people sometimes share these apps but not in detail for good reason.
take note android apps go out of date frequently, need new versions.

Ngto
post Oct 10 2017, 12:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,268 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 10 2017, 10:52 AM)
BD iso = BDMV?
the beta apk provides a choice of "BD full navigation" or "BD Lite".
the full BD menu works fine for regular 1920x1080 but not uhd4k 3840x2160.
u get the full menu, all the extras.
(can't say for 3D, never use that.)
except that autoframe swtich is not working unlike with the BD Lite option.
already reported, should be fixed when the official apk is released or built into next firmware.
If anyone got, please test both BD.iso and/or BDMV folder.

But I think for 3D, Full BD Menus for BDMV folder won't work. Even now on my old Himedia 910A, 3D can only direct play from iso files. Can't play from BDMV folders.

For full BD Menus for 2D movies though shouldn't be a problem with both iso and Bdmv.
AVFAN
post Oct 10 2017, 12:55 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Ngto @ Oct 10 2017, 12:25 PM)
If anyone got, please test both BD.iso and/or  BDMV folder.

But I think for 3D, Full BD Menus for BDMV folder won't work. Even now on my old Himedia 910A, 3D can only direct play from iso files. Can't play from BDMV folders.

For full BD Menus for 2D movies though shouldn't be a problem with both iso and Bdmv.
u r probably right... but i hv not read anything about the 3D BD part at futeko.

FYI, i just tested a 3840x2160 HDR10 BDMV on the q10pro.

while the full BD menu is not working, BD lite works fine.

as expected, the video is sharper than the 1920x1080 BDMV; the colors are definitely deeper and more vibrant!
stormaker
post Oct 10 2017, 01:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,086 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 10 2017, 10:52 AM)
2.0.5 OTA is not put there yet, will take a while.
u need not wait, can install via USB.
use the update option in settings, no need to pin restore for reinstall clean if u now hv 2.0.4.
Thanks for the clarification. smile.gif
SUSjdgobio
post Oct 10 2017, 02:20 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 9 2017, 07:38 PM)
i think those who look for native player are those who started with pure media players 8-10 years ago, like me! biggrin.gif

the ac ryans, the wd live's...

for them, it is strange why a box does NOT have its own native player!!

becos it should be a basic thing, something that is fast, quick and easy to use whenever u plug in yr HDD.
then again, as u pointed out, diff people watch/listen in diff ways.

some don't care about audio; some can't tell diff between SD and HD; some haven't tried anything else, anything will do...

whereas some do not watch SD anymore; some insist on DTSHDMA/DDtrueHD audio for movies.
i am one of those who do not watch SD anymore; even for TV series, i go for 1080p Dolby Digital Plus, if not UHD 4k like those some from Netflix.
I had that feeling when I upgraded from my Himedia HD910B to a Minix U1. There was no proper native player and I had to download MX Player, VLC and none of them played my files properly. Luckily, Kodi saved the day.
Those days Sigma & Realtek chips focused on picture quality and making sure most file formats & codecs worked. Well, nowadays its about being an all-rounder.
voncrane
post Oct 10 2017, 02:29 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(jdgobio @ Oct 10 2017, 02:20 PM)
I had that feeling when I upgraded from my Himedia HD910B to a Minix U1. There was no proper native player and I had to download MX Player, VLC and none of them played my files properly. Luckily, Kodi saved the day.
Those days Sigma & Realtek chips focused on picture quality and making sure most file formats & codecs worked. Well, nowadays its about being an all-rounder.
XBMC for Minix is the native player. smile.gif
SUSjdgobio
post Oct 10 2017, 02:53 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 10 2017, 02:29 PM)
XBMC for Minix is the native player.  smile.gif
Yup, now I see that. biggrin.gif
AVFAN
post Oct 10 2017, 04:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(jdgobio @ Oct 10 2017, 02:20 PM)
all rounder... yea, quite true... some want it just for online streaming, some more for gaming, some playback incl use of nas...

the good news is there are choices, a matter of feature priority vs cost.

i do playback 70%, streaming 30%, no gaming.

and i just got my hands on some 3840x2160 hdr10 bdmv... the video is quite stunning!

understand that u plan to sell of yr q5pro and get something else?

when u get to it, do make some comments how u find the next box.

SUSjdgobio
post Oct 10 2017, 05:45 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 10 2017, 04:42 PM)
all rounder... yea, quite true... some want it just for online streaming, some more for gaming, some playback incl use of nas...

the good news is there are choices, a matter of feature priority vs cost.

i do playback 70%, streaming 30%, no gaming.

and i just got my hands on some 3840x2160 hdr10 bdmv... the video is quite stunning!
understand that u plan to sell of yr q5pro and get something else?

when u get to it, do make some comments how u find the next box.
Yup, just put it up for sale today. Will be getting a used Nvidia Shield TV 2015 from a forummer. Hope that the Shield doesn't disappoint, will definitely share some insights into the differences between the boxes.

HDR is quite amazing, even on my mid-end TV the differences are very discernable. Unfortunately not easy to find such high quality from ahem sources. You should also check out Amazon Prime Video - The Grand Tour is amazing in 4K HDR (I am not really a fan of car related shows but the eye-candy level is off the charts).
AVFAN
post Oct 10 2017, 06:14 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(jdgobio @ Oct 10 2017, 05:45 PM)
Yup, just put it up for sale today. Will be getting a used Nvidia Shield TV 2015 from a forummer. Hope that the Shield doesn't disappoint, will definitely share some insights into the differences between the boxes.

HDR is quite amazing, even on my mid-end TV the differences are very discernable. Unfortunately not easy to find such high quality from ahem sources. You should also check out Amazon Prime Video - The Grand Tour is amazing in 4K HDR (I am not really a fan of car related shows but the eye-candy level is off the charts).
yes, please share yr findings.

as someone who would have used himedia, minix and shield, that will be valuable.

since most people say "shield is the best!"..??! biggrin.gif

in my mind, shield is certainly the most expensive, by far... but is it the best? for me?

4k, HDR... yes, still rare but i notice more coming now.

i recently junked 2TB of old 720/1080p for BDMV, better ones with dtshdma/ddtruehd.

looks like i will hv to do more of the same, junk some more 1080p, replace with 4k HDR! laugh.gif
SUSjdgobio
post Oct 10 2017, 06:59 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 10 2017, 06:14 PM)
yes, please share yr findings.

as someone who would have used himedia, minix and shield, that will be valuable.

since most people say "shield is the best!"..??! biggrin.gif

in my mind, shield is certainly the most expensive, by far... but is it the best? for me?
4k, HDR... yes, still rare but i notice more coming now.

i recently junked 2TB of old 720/1080p for BDMV, better ones with dtshdma/ddtruehd.

looks like i will hv to do more of the same, junk some more 1080p, replace with 4k HDR! laugh.gif
I am getting the Shield for a good price so its worth trying out. I was asking the same questions myself and hope I can provide some input for those who are thinking of the same thing.
I am also rebuilding my movie library with better quality files but I'm more picky now due to the size of good quality files. Just can't keep all the movies, so I just keep the good ones which I will rewatch. Some are 70GB files and I am tired of spending on my NAS sad.gif

AVFAN
post Oct 10 2017, 07:04 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(jdgobio @ Oct 10 2017, 06:59 PM)
I am getting the Shield for a good price so its worth trying out. I was asking the same questions myself and hope I can provide some input for those who are thinking of the same thing.
I am also rebuilding my movie library with better quality files but I'm more picky now due to the size of good quality files. Just can't keep all the movies, so I just keep the good ones which I will rewatch. Some are 70GB files and I am tired of spending on my NAS sad.gif
biggrin.gif

i will NOT go in that direction!

not until the hardware prices come down a lot.

i will just keep junking old stuff, replace with new n better.

only when absolutely necessary will i buy a new HDD.

i now hv 7TB x 2 (i keep a duplicate), really don't want more!

voncrane
post Oct 10 2017, 07:14 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

I am quite jelly about all these talks on UHD, HDR, etc.. dry.gif
GuyM
post Oct 11 2017, 08:02 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 10 2017, 07:14 PM)
Then forget abt Tiguan or CX5..... Get into the game 😝😝😝
SUSjdgobio
post Oct 11 2017, 09:36 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 10 2017, 07:14 PM)
Oled prices are not gonna come down by much anytime soon. Its still worth it to get it now. I am planning to jump in next year when the new model from LG comes in.

SUSjdgobio
post Oct 11 2017, 09:40 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 10 2017, 07:04 PM)
biggrin.gif

i will NOT go in that direction!

not until the hardware prices come down a lot.

i will just keep junking old stuff, replace with new n better.

only when absolutely necessary will i buy a new HDD.

i now hv 7TB x 2 (i keep a duplicate), really don't want more!
It will only get harder to get good high quality files, so have to keep the good ones for the future. Sometime in the future it will be harder or not possible to get them.

176 Pages « < 147 148 149 150 151 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0376sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:24 PM