HiMedia Media Player, All about HiMedia

views

voncrane
post Jan 10 2016, 03:58 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 10 2016, 03:26 PM)
yep, i think i understand now.

1. smart tv's that support it like yrs will be ok. my new, 4k, uhdtv is probably too new, too good that it won't support it!! laugh.gif

2. my android alto 4k rated is not on netflix device list, so, no 4k material will show up in the content.

no intention to continue.

just free trial to test my equipment, learn something.

i stuff i get from other apps are just as good if not better and newer than what i get from netflix, so no use to me.
do you know...

for the 4k material in netflix, what audio do u get? 5.1 dd/dts?

trying to figure out what broadband speed will be required to stream 4K dd/dts and then 4K dtshdma/truehd... biggrin.gif
1 & 2.. Exactly... Even if the device can handle it, as long as Netflix didn't approve it, there'll be limited support (unless one is savvy enough to fool Netflix's servers).... Yeah, for most of us who are willing & know how to source even the latest content from alternative sources, Netflix is pretty much redundant. Netflix recommends a minimum of 25Mbps (stable speed) to stream 4K. Naturally, to ensure smooth streaming, one needs more than the recommendation. Sound wise, you'd get at least DD5.1. That's what I get with 1080p. I'm unsure & don't think they'd stream DTSHDMA/TrueHD.
CyrusWong
post Jan 15 2016, 09:08 AM

Regular
1,626 posts

hitv stop working since a month ago, you guys too?

coz that's the only app for my mom to browse movie.

any good app recomendation? hopefully can cover as many movie as possible. major watch chinese movies.

NOT live tv, i already 1 installed, tv plus 2.0, very satisfied, just the channel list too many, a little troublesome to browse the list. haha.

or any good and cheap china vpn recommendation?

pls dun recommend me kodi, i tried set it up 2 times, but keep fail... dunno how to set it up, too complicated for me.

This post has been edited by CyrusWong: Jan 15 2016, 09:11 AM
AVFAN
post Jan 15 2016, 10:59 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(CyrusWong @ Jan 15 2016, 09:08 AM)
hitv stop working since a month ago, you guys too?

coz that's the only app for my mom to browse movie.

any good app recomendation? hopefully can cover as many movie as possible. major watch chinese movies.

NOT live tv, i already 1 installed, tv plus 2.0, very satisfied, just the channel list too many, a little troublesome to browse the list. haha.

or any good and cheap china vpn recommendation?

pls dun recommend me kodi, i tried set it up 2 times, but keep fail... dunno how to set it up, too complicated for me.
yes, hitv was disrupted a couple of months ago.

the old apk does not work anymore, does not update auto.

you need a new apk to get it again. check with yr seller.

chinese (mandarin) stuff - google shafa, u find many things there.
CyrusWong
post Jan 15 2016, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,626 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 15 2016, 10:59 AM)
yes, hitv was disrupted a couple of months ago.

the old apk does not work anymore, does not update auto.

you need a new apk to get it again. check with yr seller.

chinese (mandarin) stuff - google shafa, u find many things there.
mine last month just down sweat.gif seems like im the lucky 1 to use til last seconds, haha. doh.gif

my seller... not sure i still save the pm in my inbox or not sweat.gif

thanks for the info smile.gif
sairay
post Jan 18 2016, 09:44 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 6 2016, 03:11 PM)
easiest way is to ask yr seller for it. he/she should have it.

google/chrome/youtube - u need a patch file to get them. ask for it too.
Hi AVFAN thanks for the advice unfortunately my Himedia was given to me just 2 month ago. A friend who bought it but never use for 2 yrs cause he got slow broadband.

So now I'm trying to figure out and learn all the new stuff. I don't think I know or can contact the seller. I was hoping there is a common forum or respository for all the patch files or upgrade files. Is there no share common knowledge thread like phones in LYN for himedia ?
AVFAN
post Jan 18 2016, 10:10 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(sairay @ Jan 18 2016, 09:44 AM)
Hi AVFAN thanks for the advice unfortunately my Himedia was given to me just 2 month ago. A friend who bought it but never use for 2 yrs cause he got slow broadband.

So now I'm trying to figure out and learn all the new stuff. I don't think I know or can contact the seller. I was hoping there is a common forum or respository for all the patch files or upgrade files. Is there no share common knowledge thread like phones in LYN for himedia ?
no, there is no "global" repository from manufacturer.

there used to be one site (in chinese) that has some firmwares but no more i think - no update, malware...

maybe they still exist but accessible only by their distributors and agents.

keep in mind there have been numerous models, some meant for internal china, some meant for int'l markets.

some sellers keep repos and other things on their own - u can approach them.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jan 18 2016, 10:17 AM
voncrane
post Jan 18 2016, 11:01 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 18 2016, 10:10 AM)

there used to be one site (in chinese) that has some firmwares but no more i think - no update, malware...

keep in mind there have been numerous models, some meant for internal china, some meant for int'l markets.

If I might ask, why doesnt HiMedia at least offer & maintain a repo containing important files like firmwares, etc with direct downloads access for the average product user? It's an obvious choice and a bad one at that... IMO.
AVFAN
post Jan 18 2016, 11:33 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 18 2016, 11:01 PM)
If I might ask, why doesnt HiMedia at least offer & maintain a repo containing important files like firmwares, etc with direct downloads access for the average product user? It's an obvious choice and a bad one at that... IMO.
i really don't know but... i think it's just the way a small china co. works - focus on china and chinese, not ready to expand in a major way internationally and in english. so, they probably just appoint a few distributors worldwide and let them do their thing. but i can say there are distributors/sellers here and elsewhere that do a damn good job in what you described (that's how i get all my good stuff tongue.gif) and why i always say "buy from a seller who can support you". but not all sellers work that way since some sellers sell all kinds of other stuff, not focused on one or a few devices, no time/motivation to service customers since u can't make money in after sales on a device that cost rm400-500 only.

also, there are online purchase sites, even here in lyn where u buy and be on your own!

himedia will get there, will take time for them to have a strategic plan, maybe partner with some int'l iptv provider, hire the right people.

i do not know what device manufacturers have good sites for on-going support. but i do know ac ryan is one of them. minix probably does a good job since it is hong kong based and would probably have started with an international/english sales plan from day 1.

this android box biz must be a cut throat one - there are hundreds of brands - from usa, china, brazil, south africa, probably russia, estonia, hungary, etc. too.... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jan 18 2016, 11:48 PM
nicety
post Jan 19 2016, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 18 2016, 11:33 PM)
i really don't know but... i think it's just the way a small china co. works - focus on china and chinese, not ready to expand in a major way internationally and in english. so, they probably just appoint a few distributors worldwide and let them do their thing. but i can say there are distributors/sellers here and elsewhere that do a damn good job in what you described (that's how i get all my good stuff tongue.gif) and why i always say "buy from a seller who can support you". but not all sellers work that way since some sellers sell all kinds of other stuff, not focused on one or a few devices, no time/motivation to service customers since u can't make money in after sales on a device that cost rm400-500 only.

also, there are online purchase sites, even here in lyn where u buy and be on your own!

himedia will get there, will take time for them to have a strategic plan, maybe partner with some int'l iptv provider, hire the right people.

i do not know what device manufacturers have good sites for on-going support. but i do know ac ryan is one of them. minix probably does a good job since it is hong kong based and would probably have started with an international/english sales plan from day 1.

this android box biz must be a cut throat one - there are hundreds of brands - from usa, china, brazil, south africa, probably russia, estonia, hungary, etc. too.... biggrin.gif
The key reason is Himedia do not have good English speaking/writing engineer, they merely depend on oversea re-seller to support oversea customers. It is up to the re-seller to maintain the firmware repo.

Similarly, MINIX do not have enough good English speaking engineer in HK and China, they are depend on oversea re-seller to moderate the MINIX forum as well.

This post has been edited by nicety: Jan 19 2016, 12:35 AM
AVFAN
post Jan 19 2016, 12:34 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(nicety @ Jan 19 2016, 12:32 AM)
The key reason is Himedia do not have good English speaking/writing engineer, they merely depend oversea re-seller to support oversea customers. Some reseller maintain their own repo, some reseller just ignore because maintaining the repo need additional effort.

Similarly, MINIX do not have enough good English speaking engineer in HK and China, they are depend on Oversea re-seller to moderate the MINIX forum.
thumbup.gif

almost like what i said! biggrin.gif
voncrane
post Jan 19 2016, 01:06 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 18 2016, 11:33 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Makes sense... Particularly the no time/motivation to continously offer decent after sales support on products with little profit margin.. They better wake up before it's too late. As you mentioned, it's China, Android & no shortage of manufacturing factories.

QUOTE(nicety @ Jan 19 2016, 12:32 AM)
The key reason is Himedia do not have good English speaking/writing engineer, they merely depend on oversea re-seller to support oversea customers. It is up to the re-seller to maintain the firmware repo.

Similarly, MINIX do not have enough good English speaking engineer in HK and China, they are depend on oversea re-seller to moderate the MINIX forum as well.
It's not just hiring English speaking employees.. Based on what I've gathered over the months, HiMedia also lacks a dedicated Chinese forum or support team. I mean, there's always Google translate for the English folks (works somewhat)... So I don't think it's a language thing.. Resellers can only do so much.. The Minix team have been decent so far & yeah, some of the forum mods were "outsourced". So at least, they've got that right...
sairay
post Jan 19 2016, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 18 2016, 10:10 AM)

I am still new in this and trying to understand all this android tv box especially himedia. Was totally confused 2 month ago when trying to understand why it is as good as my HTPC if not better. After spending some time with it I think I got hang of it but not all. I think I would like to learn more and hopefully fully utilized its full potential.

I just bought a soundbar last sat and trying to connect it to my Q16 and see how it goes.
voncrane
post Jan 19 2016, 11:06 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(sairay @ Jan 19 2016, 02:26 PM)
I am still new in this and trying to understand all this android tv box especially himedia. Was totally confused 2 month ago when trying to understand why it is as good as my HTPC if not better. After spending some time with it I think I got hang of it but not all. I think I would like to learn more and hopefully fully utilized its full potential.

I just bought a soundbar last sat and trying to connect it to my Q16 and see how it goes.
Nice.. It's a gradual process & one that hopefully gets better while meeting your requirements.. thumbup.gif
AVFAN
post Jan 20 2016, 10:31 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(sairay @ Jan 19 2016, 02:26 PM)

if yr q16 is the 2/16gb quadcore and not dualcore, it is a very good device.

it is among the best available at this time.

i have one in use for >1 yr now, totally happy with it.

just that you need time and effort, patience and probably some help to get it to work well.

androids have a lot more apps than pc, i believe.
bruce07
post Jan 21 2016, 10:50 AM

Casual
368 posts

Hi guys, is there any work around to watch iflix on Himedia q5 II non-eMMc? seems that the playstore claim that iflix is not compatible with this device. hmmmmmmm
sairay
post Jan 21 2016, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 20 2016, 10:31 AM)
if yr q16 is the 2/16gb quadcore and not dualcore, it is a very good device.

it is among the best available at this time.

i have one in use for >1 yr now, totally happy with it.

just that you need time and effort, patience and probably some help to get it to work well.

androids have a lot more apps than pc, i believe.
I think mine is the quadcore. How to confirm? Yeah lots of time need to spend on it trying new stuff and optimizing it etc.

Btw, I tried that youtube for TV by one of the forummer suggestion and got it up working. However, there seem to be some black out at the bottom portion and can't seem to see the suggestion video etc. I use the latest version 1.3.x and not 1.2.x as per the link. Any help? Reason I took this option was previous youtube unable to scroll down because it was mean for mobile and not TV.

AVFAN
post Jan 21 2016, 12:32 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(sairay @ Jan 21 2016, 11:33 AM)
I think mine is the quadcore. How to confirm? Yeah lots of time need to spend on it trying new stuff and optimizing it etc.

Btw, I tried that youtube for TV by one of the forummer suggestion and got it up working. However, there seem to be some black out at the bottom portion and can't seem to see the suggestion video etc. I use the latest version 1.3.x and not 1.2.x as per the link. Any help? Reason I took this option was previous youtube unable to scroll down because it was mean for mobile and not TV.
go to himedia launcher, settings.

(if using another launcher, press home on remote to get to himedia launcher.)

you will see model, android version, build (firmware).

if u see q16 four (in chinese), 4.4.2, 3.0.3, all is fine.

likely yr firmware is out of date.

not only you-tube - there are many apps/versions meant for phone, tablets, tv, pc, etc.

a combination of mouse and remote will always do the job.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jan 21 2016, 12:33 PM
sairay
post Jan 22 2016, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 21 2016, 12:32 PM)
go to himedia launcher, settings.

(if using another launcher, press home on remote to get to himedia launcher.)

you will see model, android version, build (firmware).

if u see q16 four (in chinese), 4.4.2, 3.0.3, all is fine.

likely yr firmware is out of date.
not only you-tube - there are many apps/versions meant for phone, tablets, tv, pc, etc.

a combination of mouse and remote will always do the job.
OK confirm mine is Q16 quadcore and exactly what was written above on the firmware etc. I have attached a snap pic. Is this latest? Btw, my unit is confirmed bought from nicety as well. In fact if not mistake 2 unit and remote etc.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
AVFAN
post Jan 22 2016, 11:44 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(sairay @ Jan 22 2016, 10:20 AM)
OK confirm mine is Q16 quadcore and exactly what was written above on the firmware etc. I have attached a snap pic. Is this latest? Btw, my unit is confirmed bought from nicety as well. In fact if not mistake 2 unit and remote etc.
yes, it's a quad.

firmware is 3 versions old.

talk to nicety. smile.gif
sairay
post Jan 27 2016, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

Anybody can intro any addon or apk to watch chinese/korean/taiwan drama?

I try using dolphin browser to go to those flash site but unable to maneuver to video. I can watch on android phone but how to watch on himedia using browser?

thanks

176 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0578sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:34 PM