Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HiMedia Media Player, All about HiMedia

shaynewai
post Jul 6 2015, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

13Gb with high resolution. Can be done within 2-3 1080p movies LOL. Not wise bro.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ngto
post Jul 6 2015, 07:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(etsuko @ Jul 5 2015, 11:49 PM)
Could say hang, no picture and audio. But player's fan is still running.

Thought flashing the firmware would help. So I got the 1.0.6.3 and flash the player. The new issue is that sometimes when playing a file, message showing "IO error stop playback" displays. When I try to play the file again, after awhile the same message shows again. What's annoying is this message doesn't show up in a consistent period. Sometimes I can get through a video without it and sometimes it'll just show.

I don't believe it's my media drive because I don't experience such an error on another player with a different brand.  hmm.gif

Now I'm just thinking if these players are meant to die after 2 years..
The very first time it hang, is out of the blue ? You sure you didn't change anything or install anything or update the firmware etc. ?

Are you also saying now after flashing to the 1.0.6.3 fw, it's different problem now? Can play video but sometimes randomly have the IO error?

This post has been edited by Ngto: Jul 6 2015, 07:50 AM
+Quote Post
etsuko
post Jul 6 2015, 09:42 AM

Spaced Out Creative Designer & Business Owner
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(Ngto @ Jul 6 2015, 07:23 AM)
The very first time it hang, is out of the blue ? You sure you didn't change anything or install anything or update the firmware etc. ?

Are you also saying now after flashing to the 1.0.6.3 fw, it's different problem now?  Can play video but sometimes randomly  have the IO error?
1) Nope. Didn't install anything before all this happened. Had been working without problems.

2) Yup. After flashing, it's a different problem now - random IO error.
+Quote Post
Ngto
post Jul 6 2015, 10:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(etsuko @ Jul 6 2015, 09:42 AM)
1) Nope. Didn't install anything before all this happened. Had been working without problems.

2) Yup. After flashing, it's a different problem now - random IO error.
Since it's different problem, but at least can play video, so could be FW problem.

I suggest you force flash back to the original FW and try again. Those newer Himedia FW have been known to give the I/O error for your model.

This post has been edited by Ngto: Jul 6 2015, 10:05 AM
+Quote Post
faridwwe91
post Jul 6 2015, 10:18 AM

Group: New Member

Can anyone help me. I am using myiptv on my Himedia Q1 and home default had been set to this app. Now i cannot exit this app. When I press Home button or back button it will go to iptv app menu. turn off and on also will open the app back.
+Quote Post
Ngto
post Jul 6 2015, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(faridwwe91 @ Jul 6 2015, 10:18 AM)
Can anyone help me. I am using myiptv on my Himedia Q1 and home default had been set to this app. Now i cannot exit this app. When I press Home button or back button it will go to iptv app menu. turn off and on also will open the app back.
Who you buy from, maybe they can help you out.
+Quote Post
faridwwe91
post Jul 6 2015, 10:44 AM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(Ngto @ Jul 6 2015, 10:33 AM)
Who you buy from, maybe they can help you out.
The device or the app?
+Quote Post
Ngto
post Jul 6 2015, 11:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Ask the App vendor first, then the Device Vendor. Check whether your remote got any other button which can go direct to setup to change the default Home.

This post has been edited by Ngto: Jul 6 2015, 11:12 AM
+Quote Post
blackamikaze
post Jul 6 2015, 02:23 PM

Trooper Rank: BIG HEAD SERGEANT

Just bought HiMedia Q8 last saturday, everything works great but found out that the screen didn't fill up my 40" full hd TV, it has a small black border around it. Kinda annoying.

Also found out that youtube and xbmc stuck at 720p eventhough the device can support up to 4k resolution. Any idea why?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Jul 6 2015, 05:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(blackamikaze @ Jul 6 2015, 02:23 PM)
Just bought HiMedia Q8 last saturday, everything works great but found out that the screen didn't fill up my 40" full hd TV, it has a small black border around it. Kinda annoying.

Also found out that youtube and xbmc stuck at 720p eventhough the device can support up to 4k resolution. Any idea why?
that can't be normal. i do not know this model but u can try the different options under settings->display.

youtube - that's due to a technical issue for youtube and androidbox-hdmi:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/uk.co.villa...wfullscreenhdmi
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions...rom-youtube-app

you mean cannot set xbmc/kodi to 1080p at kodi/video/settings? for older/lower models, that's correct due to older hardware/kernel.
for newer quadcore 4.4, should be able to, like q16.
first, check yr device display settings at launcher page.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jul 6 2015, 05:10 PM
+Quote Post
etsuko
post Jul 6 2015, 05:41 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ngto @ Jul 6 2015, 10:00 AM)
Since it's different problem, but at least can play video, so could be FW problem.

I suggest you force flash back to the original FW and try again. Those newer Himedia FW have been known to give the I/O error for your model.
The current firmware was from Himediatech's website. But I guess no harm reverting to the previous firmware, hopefully it solves all the issues.
+Quote Post
kenkk
post Jul 6 2015, 10:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 6 2015, 05:01 PM)
that can't be normal. i do not know this model but u can try the different options under settings->display.

you mean cannot set xbmc/kodi to 1080p at kodi/video/settings? for older/lower models, that's correct due to older hardware/kernel.
Go to the setting page, there is somewhere you can set the screen size under display option, go to "display area set".
Follow the instruction.
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Jul 6 2015, 10:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(kenkk @ Jul 6 2015, 10:39 PM)
Go to the setting page, there is somewhere you can set the screen size under display option, go to "display area set".
Follow the instruction.
u replied to the wrong person. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ngto
post Yesterday, 08:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(etsuko @ Jul 6 2015, 05:41 PM)
The current firmware was from Himediatech's website. But I guess no harm reverting to the previous firmware, hopefully it solves all the issues.
The official website FW are the ones which are the most problematic for 910A model. Maybe they sell diff models for their China Market and Intl Market which causes FW problems, not sure.

Regarding your original FW problem of Black Screen, it might be related to some MKV movies which were encoded with Header Compression. After you revert to your previous FW, you should test other MKVs which have been known to work before to make sure it is not only some movies.
+Quote Post
etsuko
post Yesterday, 08:58 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ngto @ Jul 7 2015, 08:40 AM)
The official website FW are the ones which are the most problematic for 910A model. Maybe they sell diff models for their China Market and Intl Market which causes FW problems, not sure.

Regarding your original  FW problem of Black Screen, it might be related to some MKV movies which were encoded with Header Compression. After you revert to your previous FW, you should test other MKVs which have been known to work before to make sure it is not only some movies.
Yea, I was wondering whether the FW had incompatibility as you described. Trust China to not provide proper documentation for an international product.

After reverting back to the original FW, it seems like no issues have cropped up. Fingers crossed and hopefully no black screen or other issues occur.
+Quote Post
blackamikaze
post Yesterday, 09:59 AM

Trooper Rank: BIG HEAD SERGEANT

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 6 2015, 05:01 PM)

thank you, i have fix the border issue by setting the display area.
This Q8 actually a new device release this year, same spec with q16 except the eMMC size only 8gb instead of 16gb but not sure why they using
720p kernel instead of 1080p.

Also just found out a lot of app like Iflix, Astro On The Go and HypTV everywhere cant be use/work properly with this device. Thinking to sell it and buy
different brand, but not sure if Minix can support all the apps.

This post has been edited by blackamikaze: Yesterday, 10:00 AM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Yesterday, 10:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(blackamikaze @ Jul 7 2015, 09:59 AM)
thank you, i have fix the border issue by setting the display area.
This Q8 actually a new device release this year, same spec with q16 except the eMMC size only 8gb instead of 16gb but not sure why they using
720p kernel instead of 1080p.

Also just found out a lot of app like Iflix, Astro On The Go and HypTV everywhere cant be use/work properly with this device. Thinking to sell it and buy
different brand, but not sure if Minix can support all the apps.
u probably would hv been better off with q16 - the larger memory is required for some bigger apps like popcorntime, less concern for running out of space.

for aotg, hypptv, etc... my experience has been:

- aotg works on older models with jellybean 4.2 but not on kitkat 4.4; works on tablets, ipads
- hypp - used to work on all models but now works on none; works on tablets, ipads

i can only conclude either the apps are too old or the newer firmwares/hardware left some old apps incompatible - similar to the youtube 1080p hdmi output issue.

to be sure the apps u want will work, u do need to reconfirm with users and knowledgeable sellers.

one app i recommend u try on yr q8 is this iptv:
http://tvapp.so/

it did NOT work on the q16 until the latest firmware arrived last week. it's a good app, try it.

+Quote Post
ride00
post Yesterday, 01:41 PM

Getting Started

Free Acer 7in Tablet came with the 24mth deal hence the handcuffs....sigh
Once over I may take Maxis fastest fiber BBand....any comments?

+Quote Post
kevinlim001
post Today, 08:58 AM

Ethical Hacker

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 7 2015, 10:39 AM)
u probably would hv been better off with q16 - the larger memory is required for some bigger apps like popcorntime, less concern for running out of space.

for aotg, hypptv, etc... my experience has been:

- aotg works on older models with jellybean 4.2 but not on kitkat 4.4; works on tablets, ipads
- hypp - used to work on all models but now works on none; works on tablets, ipads

i can only conclude either the apps are too old or the newer firmwares/hardware left some old apps incompatible - similar to the youtube 1080p hdmi output issue.

to be sure the apps u want will work, u do need to reconfirm with users and knowledgeable sellers.

one app i recommend u try on yr q8 is this iptv:
http://tvapp.so/

it did NOT work on the q16 until the latest firmware arrived last week. it's a good app, try it.
dude what the latest firmware you installed? I tried to run it on my Q6 1.0.7 and its says not compatible.
+Quote Post

63 Pages « < 61 62 63Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1975sec    4.87    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th July 2015 - 12:38 PM