Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Headphones The Shure Ownerz Club, KSE1500 electrostatic IEM

views

fo-fo-fo-fo
post Apr 23 2011, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

I don't want to pollute the thread here, but I own a pair of shure se110 buds and they sound like garbage. On the bright side, the thick cables make them nearly indestructible.

I am now using audio-technica es7 headphones cool.gif

However, I know that better shure headphones are available biggrin.gif
fo-fo-fo-fo
post Apr 24 2011, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(calmshot @ Apr 24 2011, 11:54 AM)
haha yup the se 110 is the low end and very old model of shure iem, for me im not aspecting any incredible sound produce by a low end model, maybe u should try the latest se215 or any microdriver iem such as se315, se425, se535  brows.gif
Yeah, I got fooled by the high price at the time (100 euros). I thought they were amazing when I bought them. But after comparing them to 20 euro buds : creative ep630 (which are fantastic for the price cool.gif ), I realized how bad they were. Then, I wanted an upgrade, so I bought a pair of q jays from jays. They sounded quite good, but seemed a little overpriced and lacked deep bass and sound stage. Unfortunately, they broke after 1 year !

Now I am tired of in ear buds and I currently use Headphones (audio technica es7), which sound much better than my q jays (and the shure) for the same amount of money. I can feel the bass and the sound stage and the clarity is still there. The sound is much more punchy and dynamic.

I really think that shure in ear buds are overpriced and don't deliver for the money you pay. I don't know about the headphones though hmm.gif
fo-fo-fo-fo
post Apr 24 2011, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(calmshot @ Apr 24 2011, 03:16 PM)
yup, but current latest iem from shure it is quite good with reasonable price such as se215, it come with detachable cable with just rm360.

for the headphones, the famous srh440 i think it is not your type because this is a monitoring headphone, and you probably a basshead based on what u have stated.

but the new srh550dj is for basshead supposedly because it is for dj, but i still havent tried it yet, the stock is at my house in kl, but now im in negeri sembilan for 2 weeks.
Thanks for the advice, but I am keeping my es7 headphones for now. I love them so much, that I don't feel like buying other headphones anytime soon. And if they break, I will buy them again laugh.gif

Sorry for screwing up the shure thread sweat.gif
fo-fo-fo-fo
post Apr 28 2011, 10:01 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-se215-review.html

Ouch ! The sight of these IEMs is enough to give me ear pain. They seem very uncomfortable. Glad I bought haedphones cool.gif .

Is the sound quality outstanding ? Every reviewer seems to go gaga on these hmm.gif . Are they comparable to the qjays in terms of sound quality ? better ? worse ?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0434sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:24 PM