Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Celcom Broadband Weird Problem, Suspect something wrong with CElcom (Tech Support)

gocke55014
post Apr 18 2011, 08:56 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

i need help.. maybe someone working with celcom can help me out...

im currently using celcom postpaid executive 50 plan with broadband mbasic RM38 which is capped at 1GB.. i always keep track of my usage through 3G watchdog app and also checking on the celcom portal so that i wont exceed the limit. the past few weeks i noticed something weird and fishy with my data usage. on my portal it showed that my limit was 5GB and when i reached over 1GB i purchased another extra 1GB quota which made it total 6GB..

the next time i checked my usage it was 5.8GB and celcom gave me a warning through SMS. after that warning i totally turned off my data connection and also delete the whole APN which made it impossible to reconnect to 3g internet.

i rechecked again the following day and to my surprise it was 6.02.. i called the operator and she said there's nothing she could do because i still have a few days before my bill cycle.

so i waited for the bill cycle and kept watch slowly my 3g data usage crawling slowly until it was capped at 64kbps at 6.03.. it even reached 6.23 before the bill cycle. and that was f**kin impossible if i was mistakenly using my phone for internet, (capped at 64kbps and spent 200MB in 2 days)

gengster
post Apr 20 2011, 05:06 PM

Getting Started

What phone model u using?

As I know,celcom system have delay in updating 3g usage.

I'm using nokia,last time I had this issue and I trace it using my phone log and I found out is not tele with celcom system.
gocke55014
post Apr 21 2011, 01:17 PM

Getting Started

im using spice mi300. they said its probably a virus. and asked me to send the phone back to CSL service center which im totally aware what the service center would do. they will just reflash it ( a thing that i do on daily basis to try new roms). so i thought it would be just a waste of time and instead i just put my simcard in another phone with no 3g connection and my data usage was still moving (100mb a day) even inside a phone with no connection at all..

after my bill cycle i called them a few times, made a report. now the problem has stopped, no more data usage moving slowly by itself but no response yet from celcom after 2 days.. will call them back tomorrow because the operator said normally take 3 working days to respond

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0544sec    4.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 11:05 PM