Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bandmates And Band Seekers, Searching for new band members

views

SUSWintersuN
post Apr 16 2011, 03:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

1. state the instrument(s) you play; Not related
2. your influences/musical preferences; Old skool metallica, Arch enemy, Nightwish, Amon Amarth, Galneryus, Aldious, Mariah Carey, Ayumi Hamasaki, Justin Bieber, Backstreet Boys
3. looking for who; Anyone who needs me
4. his/her influences/musical preferences; Any
5. your requirements (e.g. must be able to play drums with double/twin pedal, etc.); and/or
6. any other related requirements. No requirement

Language: English, BM, Hokkien, Cantonese, Japanese

ANyone who needs a lyricist I can help you write lyrics. DOnt have to pay me or anything since Im doing it to help music community grow. Maybe just give credit to me when you perform or invite me to your live or something icon_rolleyes.gif

This will give you an opportunity for anyone whose interested in starting a band among LYN members.

This post has been edited by WintersuN: Apr 21 2011, 08:20 PM
SUSWintersuN
post Jun 25 2011, 07:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

wow Im from Penang too bro!!!

But currently not in Penang will back end of the year. If looking for drummer by that time let me know.

Although skillwise I not pro hope you dont mind. Been playing 2 years. Currently can only play 4/4 basic rock beat.
SUSWintersuN
post Oct 5 2011, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

1) looking for: Band members

2) instrument: Drums

3) influences/preferences: Backstreet boys, Spice girls, Metallica, Nightwish, Amon Amarth, Arch enemy, Chthonic, Iron maiden, Girls generation, etc, etc

4) location: Penang

5) my requirements: Anyone who doesnt look down on noob like me and just wanna have a good time. Maybe play some gigs when a year later or so.

6) Add info: More discuss if got members tongue.gif

SUSWintersuN
post Aug 28 2012, 08:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(Spinalcord @ Aug 4 2012, 10:33 PM)
1. state the instrument(s) you play: lead guitar

2. your influences/musical preferences: anything from Syu!(galneryus/spinalcord)

3. band/player of interest: doesnt really influenced me but i listen to em sometimes : gun n roses, gary moore, takayoshi ohmura, in flames, COB, synerygy, melodic metal stuff, wintersun,

4. looking for who: Drummer!

5. his/her influences/musical preferences: me and bunch of my friends wanna have a fun jam session n we're lacking a drummer, songs that we're gonna cover is like gun n roses, x japan, n rock stuff like that,,
                                                              This is only for fun session, n you can request your own songs too, im not in any band (as i cant find any drummer to cooperate with ;( ) , but if u feels like wanna start something up, can
                                                              check up my musical preferences up there, n we could plan/find other members from that, thank you have a nice day smile.gif ,

6. location : cheras kl

7. hit me on fb if i dont reply here : http://www.facebook.com/alexi.boy.12

THANKS! biggrin.gif
Yo bro!!

Im a drummer and your criteria is exactly what im looking for in a band.. togehter with the music influences and stuff..

I think we're very match
SUSWintersuN
post Oct 5 2012, 01:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

1) looking for: Band
2) instrument: drum
3) influences/preferences: linkin park, scorpions, 80s rock
4) location: Penang island

6) Add info:

I am looking for beginner band to play romantic rock songs in the 80s. Im beginner also. Thnx
SUSWintersuN
post Jul 16 2013, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

Any vocalist in penang island? Or someone who can do vocal and play instruments?

Its dificult to get singer. DUnno where they all hang out
SUSWintersuN
post Jul 22 2013, 01:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(CloudDave @ Jul 22 2013, 10:25 AM)
I'm in Perak only and wouldn't mind travelling just to try it out. Who knows, could be a weekend job or something. What kinda genres do you guys normally do? Do PM me thanks!
This is not get paid tongue.gif
SUSWintersuN
post Jul 22 2013, 03:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(CloudDave @ Jul 22 2013, 03:04 PM)
Doesn't matter, it's all for the experience and fun of it.  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif
We play metallica rock kinda stuff. Also interested in do some lovey dovey stuff.
SUSWintersuN
post Jul 22 2013, 04:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(CloudDave @ Jul 22 2013, 03:50 PM)
Heavy metal AND lovey dovey? Not to judge but that's some incongruity right there!  nod.gif

Anyhow, I usually lean more towards ballads and jazzy kinda relaxing music ie. Michael Buble etc......Think that'd do? hmm.gif
heavy metal can be lovey dovey too!! tongue.gif

Jazz? Difficult leh.. Rock ballad stuff like scorpions ok? U know.. "You and I", "Wind of changes"... very nice music also not the loud and noisy stuff.. Love songs.. rock.. etc
SUSWintersuN
post Jul 22 2013, 04:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(CloudDave @ Jul 22 2013, 04:33 PM)
Well, yeah I love Oasis and all but not too entirely sure if I can pull off that vibe in my voice. Would be cool to experiment though. So who's involved in this little thing? A little heads up would be nice hehehe.  whistling.gif
Our band will make up of one talented award winning vocal which is you

Then brutal guitarist and versatile drummer - me. Ok r? Or you prefer have big bands with keyboard, bassist and all that? Difficult find bassist le but working hard I believe when the band establish easier to get ppl join. All are pasionate about music and motivated to get the band moving ppl.

Then once can hit few songs, we perform to increaase our name and tour around playing gigs and events. All from Penang except you from Ipoh so will be special.

This post has been edited by WintersuN: Jul 22 2013, 04:37 PM
SUSWintersuN
post Jul 22 2013, 04:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(CloudDave @ Jul 22 2013, 04:41 PM)
Hahaha can la I guess, no harm in trying right? So long as my vocals can suit your style of play.  sweat.gif
In any case, what are some of the influences that you'd like? To be honest I have a wide range of interests including Matchbox Twenty, One Republic, etc. You've any experience in performing?  cool2.gif
I have 1 experience perform but I believe with our new passionate and motivated band, will have much more chance to increase our performer ability. It very difficult to have a band that can stick together and improve together. Usually one member quit then band start to fall.

Im same like you have wide range of interest. Metallica, scorpions, etc etc. I thinm the brutal guitarist also have wide range of interest. Just im not so good at appreciate jazz cos cannot feel the melody and music.
SUSWintersuN
post Jul 22 2013, 04:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(CloudDave @ Jul 22 2013, 04:50 PM)
Cool, cool. Got YouTube sample ah? Then can work on some cool songs to start out with. Scorpions have this really nasal 'nyaring' voice hahaha. But yeah they were great back in the heydays of ROCK!  notworthy.gif
Oh youtube r.. got la but scared u run away after watch. It is not my true potential. Im more versatile now cos when i do the youtube stuff is still beginner time. Now no time do video cos of lack equiptment and also working liao lifestyle also different, priorities different.

How about your youtube vidoe? We can exchange vidoes.
SUSWintersuN
post Aug 6 2013, 09:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(chenshentan @ Aug 6 2013, 05:04 AM)
1. state the instrument(s) you play; Guitar (rhythm)

2. your influences/musical preferences; Hard Rock, Heavy Metal

3. My Location: Penang

FB/email: chenshentan@hotmail.com
Wanna band? Im drummer.
SUSWintersuN
post Aug 27 2013, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Aug 16 2013, 10:24 AM)
Looking for a vocalist, a keyboard/synths and a few goats for a melodic death metal project based on Penang Island.

We don't know if we'll end up being melodic, but there's plenty of metal and plenty of death, so we need plenty of goats.

Interested parties please PM ur desired position, contact info and some samples of u in action if possible.

If you are a fan of Soilwork, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, In Flames, Degradead, Amorphis and Amon Amarth, you're halfway there di  biggrin.gif 

Here is a short example of what we would be working on.
I have some simple keyboard ideas to create the atmosphere for your example song wink.gif

The silent intro, guitar riff and the mid part where u play guitar chords.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0478sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:07 PM