Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Grundfos Water Pump, CH-PT or CH-PC

views

kevinlim001
post Jun 12 2018, 10:13 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ May 18 2015, 11:14 PM)
Most probably air lock, try opening the nut above the water inlet, let the water flow out like 5 sec then tighten it back. Turn off the pump before u do this and get some cloth to wipe it.
Zheilwane, does this applicable to PM model as well, i found out my pump also having the issue where the pump delayed start.. i turn on the tap but water flow without pressure, it has to take a while (30 sec) before the pump kicks in. Sometime i will have to turn on other tap to "initiate" it

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Jun 12 2018, 11:26 AM
kevinlim001
post Jun 12 2018, 11:19 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(abhipraaya @ Nov 29 2017, 03:09 PM)
I have a situation which just recently happened.

I turn on a water outlet and very low water pressure comes from that outlet. in other words, the pump didn't activate. when i turn on another water outlet, the pump activates and I start getting good pressure form both outlets. each time i have to open another outlet to activate the pump ( it takes 2 outlets to be opened to activate the pump).

This happens in all locations in my house. any idea how to solve this, is this a pump problem, if yes which part of the pump has malfunctioned? I don't think it's the motor as the pump still works, albeit, with the workaround method above.
has ur case being resolve? i am facing the same issue
kevinlim001
post Jun 12 2018, 12:56 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 12 2018, 11:55 AM)
1) this only happen for PT (with a tank), PM should not have this issue
2) If the main water bypass is ON and ur incoming pressure is quite strong, the pump wont kick in until pressure drop to certain level (hence u nd to turn on two taps) if that is the case, turn off the main water bypass valve
3) May b PM is faulty
i see.. if thats the case i am seeing 3) as the prossibility.. do you have any idea how much is going to cost?

1) PM model
2) main water pressure should be stable as its getting connected from water storage tank.

Thank you bro.
kevinlim001
post Jun 12 2018, 04:34 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 12 2018, 01:56 PM)
turn off your water meter and test the showers, if that resolves the issue then turn off main water bypass
opps.. i think i confuse you. In my scenario i think main bypass doesnt apply, pump inlet is coming from tank only. Main water will go into tank. no bypass.. i suspect its the third scenario.. shocking.gif

do you have the estimation of the damage cost?
kevinlim001
post Jun 20 2018, 10:25 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(abhipraaya @ Jun 16 2018, 04:08 PM)
Pump controller faulty. Changed it and now working fine.
how much was the damage bro?
kevinlim001
post Jun 22 2018, 12:52 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(abhipraaya @ Jun 21 2018, 09:26 PM)
Rm210 for the replacement part and rm60 labour by joven.

But I also payed extra to my plumber to do some modifications to add couplings to the pipe as recommended by the joven technician so that any maintenance will be easier in the future.

I think the charges  are quite reasonable. The controller lasted me almost 2.5 years. So, excluding the cost of my own plumbing works this translates to rm9 a month of. Rm270/30 months..like a maintenance fees. Of course your mileage might vary.

Hope the controller lasts me another hopefully 3 years, then I will just change the part again as long as the pump motor is still working. No need to waste money buying a new pump. Grundfos is very expensive.
i see my grundfos is 5 years old d but recently the problem arises
kevinlim001
post Sep 3 2018, 11:19 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Jun 12 2018, 04:34 PM)
opps.. i think i confuse you. In my scenario i think main bypass doesnt apply, pump inlet is coming from tank only. Main water will go into tank. no bypass.. i suspect its the third scenario..  shocking.gif

do you have the estimation of the damage cost?
some update on my case. Grundfos technician has come over and diagnose. The pump capacitor was spoil. After change the capacitor the pump is back alive brows.gif
kevinlim001
post Dec 15 2020, 11:02 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(turion64 @ Dec 15 2020, 10:53 AM)
Guys, this is the installation diagram proposed by my plumber for bypass + new pump installation. The pump will be CM3-5 PM1 supporting 3 bathrooms (1 with rainshower). It's a new house so will take the risk of the higher pressure pump. Is this setup ok?
i suggest choose either bypass / pump only.. i m using pump from water tank to all washroom.

the risk that you need to think off:
1) bypass - if your area is having high pressure when is least occupied then you might have problem with all ur pipes.. when ppl balik kampung the inlet will have high pressure pressing all the pipes.. if u didnt do bypass the pressure is building on the inlet to water tank and maybe to your kitchen only.. but if you do bypass d the inlet pressure is going to all the water pipe and the leak joint might break

2) having pump will also test ur bathroom piping.. the pressure water may cause leakage especially if ur house is old

i have no regrets over having a pump at my house and i install it when i just got my house key with the understanding where i wont get warranty if there's a leakage due to pump.. i m having the problem also with my 1st floor water pressure.. its like pee...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0352sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM