Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Grundfos Water Pump, CH-PT or CH-PC

scouser7
post Jun 8 2011, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi Zheilwane!

For my single story house with 2 baths, what water pump capacity should i look for? Please advise.
zheilwane
post Jun 8 2011, 09:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

haha u can go for Grundfos CH2-50PC, good enough. Finally consider to get a water pump? ahaha
scouser7
post Jun 8 2011, 09:31 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 8 2011, 09:14 PM)
haha u can go for Grundfos CH2-50PC, good enough. Finally consider to get a water pump? ahaha
considering ler...but cant afford Grundfos unless u slash 50 per cent off...haha. But on a serious note, how do i know what power capacity to sue. from what i read, if too much power the pipes can crack! Hope u dont mind sharing ya opinion.
zheilwane
post Jun 8 2011, 11:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!

did u c the demo in my showroom? that pump is 1.5hp pump and my PVC pipe + flexible hose didnt crack or burst. Pipes can withstand minimum 5 times the pressure for grundfos pumps. THe only problem is, did ur plumber connect the pipes properly? If u got a good plumber, then do not worry about leaks or cracks.

Just recall that u gonna go for hitachi pump, thatz really 50% Grundfos price. Choosing a pump is like choosing ur toilet bowls, why u didnt go for Cheap brandless China toilet bowl which cost 50% cheaper than those Johnson Suisse toilet bowls that you bought from me? You r gonna stay in the house for many years and not 1 or 2 weeks, so ofcoz u wan to get something better and wouldn't give u headaches.
mmarklee188
post Jun 9 2011, 05:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 8 2011, 11:15 PM)
did u c the demo in my showroom? that pump is 1.5hp pump and my PVC pipe + flexible hose didnt crack or burst. Pipes can withstand minimum 5 times the pressure for grundfos pumps. THe only problem is, did ur plumber connect the pipes properly? If u got a good plumber, then do not worry about leaks or cracks.

Just recall that u gonna go for hitachi pump, thatz really 50% Grundfos price. Choosing a pump is like choosing ur toilet bowls, why u didnt go for Cheap brandless China toilet bowl which cost 50% cheaper than those Johnson Suisse toilet bowls that you bought from me? You r gonna stay in the house for many years and not 1 or 2 weeks, so ofcoz u wan to get something better and wouldn't give u headaches.
You mean the Grundflos is better than Hitachi? Can share your experience?

zheilwane
post Jun 9 2011, 06:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!

of coz. Grundfos is among the top brand in water pump. U ask contractors or plumbers about grundfos and you will know why grundfos is good.
JinXXX
post Jun 9 2011, 07:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 9 2011, 06:18 PM)
of coz. Grundfos is among the top brand in water pump. U ask contractors or plumbers about grundfos and you will know why grundfos is good.
grundfos is good... just that the price is rclxub.gif rclxub.gif , if have money better take grundfos, can last long long...

if no money .. have to opt for other alternative...

grundfos pump for house can generate max 10bar pressure, thats why the controller is there to controller the pressure aka on/off switch

if ur pvc piping is class 7 PVC pipe then can stand up to 32 bar for 15mm PVC size...

problem is the joints, if your plumber did it correctly then no problem else might leak abit...

HW-Racer
post Jun 10 2011, 10:09 PM

Enthusiast

I have a question...

my water tank is on top exposed to the sun, if I were to install the pump,..i need to install a power Socket... the socket will be
exposed to sunlight and rain.... do I need to install something to cover it ?
zheilwane
post Jun 10 2011, 11:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

yes, u will need to get something to cover ur pump n also other electrical items.
weikee
post Jun 10 2011, 11:36 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(HW-Racer @ Jun 10 2011, 10:09 PM)
I have a question...

my water tank is on top exposed to the sun, if I were to install the pump,..i need to install a power Socket... the socket will be
exposed to sunlight and rain.... do I need to install something to cover it ?
Pump can be in side the house. But if can't you need to run the cable from inside to the pump outside. Usually socket is not required, cause the on/off switch are from inside the house.

zheilwane
post Jun 11 2011, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!

usually we would advise customers to prepare a switch to turn on/off the pump from downstairs but prepare a socket point at the top. So, when the person who install the pump or dismantle it next time, can just easily plug or unplug the wire. Grundfos pump comes with a socket.
weikee
post Jun 11 2011, 12:49 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 11 2011, 12:05 AM)
usually we would advise customers to prepare a switch to turn on/off the pump from downstairs but prepare a socket point at the top. So, when the person who install the pump or dismantle it next time, can just easily plug or unplug the wire. Grundfos pump comes with a socket.
Zheilwane, you got a point too.

Can install outdoor socket if that's the case.

My house will not have the socket, i will have to take out the plug, cause it install will be hard screw in a protective box. The box i have cost more than any socket. Is for heavy duty industry usage smile.gif

HW-Racer
post Jun 11 2011, 07:31 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(weikee @ Jun 10 2011, 11:36 PM)
Pump can be in side the house. But if can't you need to run the cable from inside to the pump outside. Usually socket is not required, cause the on/off switch are from inside the house.
but my water tank is located above concrete slab area....which is exposed to the hot sun and rain... I wonder how i should
install the power socket and where to put the pump...
icon_question.gif
zheilwane
post Jun 11 2011, 09:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!

1) If ur tank is near to your roof, u can install the pump under ur roof.

2) You need to get ur contractor to do a shelter or buy a box to cover your pump.
JinXXX
post Jun 14 2011, 03:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

just curious,

those polypipe/hdpe pipe 25mm, what is the approx market price? ,

sked kena chop when i go buy a few meters...

nevhirion
post Jun 18 2011, 03:01 PM

Getting Started

Those who considering to buy pump, make sure to get someone to check whether the pump suitable for your house or whether your pipe strong enough or not.

Mine is a 9 year old house,
just bought a Grundfos CH2-50PC unit, turn on on only water leaking from my kitchen, downstairs bathroom and utility room. Then the person in charge of installing it said that those pipes leaking were out of his control and asked me call plumber to fix it.
These guys supposed to be the official installers for grundfos somemore, can be so irresponsible one meh?

Now my ceiling all got pactches of water, and I have to pay additional dunno how many hundreds to a plumber to come investigate and fix the problem.
Later if fixed also, turn on pump got phobia scared the whole roof come down in water!
zheilwane
post Jun 18 2011, 04:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

If new house 95% no problem but for old house u will need to check first as some of them use metal piping which will rust and could not withstand high pressure.

About the official installer for grundfos being irresponsible, he did not run the piping for ur whole house, he only install the pump for u. So, if there is leakage, it is not his fault and duty to rectify the problem.

What u can do now is get a good plumber to check where is the leak and to rectify it. U have this problem either they are using metal pipes or the previous plumber who installed the piping did not connect the pipes properly.
JinXXX
post Jun 18 2011, 06:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

whats the default stop pressure for the grundfos units ?

since they have those micro-controller/pressure sensor ?
skng03
post Jun 18 2011, 07:17 PM

Regular

QUOTE(JinXXX @ Jun 18 2011, 06:58 PM)
whats the default stop pressure for the grundfos units ?

since they have those micro-controller/pressure sensor ?
40psi........
JinXXX
post Jun 18 2011, 07:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(skng03 @ Jun 18 2011, 07:17 PM)
40psi........
thats like 2.8 bar,

usually those new polypipe can stand until 12 bar PN12.5 while the fittings cam go until 16BAR

old piping is old piping hehehhe

55 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0915sec    0.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 05:36 AM