Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Grundfos Water Pump, CH-PT or CH-PC

views

y4ng
post May 13 2020, 12:44 PM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

QUOTE(ZainRain @ May 13 2020, 10:49 AM)
Thank you for the info. Didn't know that its illegal to pump directly from main meter. A few neighbors here already use water pump from their meter so just I`m curious.
Thank you for your recommendation. Is teral a good brand as grundfos? I tried to buy once item that would last very long type of guy. Is that teral ab25x254tpc enough to support all 3 bathroom at the same time? My house tend to get many visitors from my spouses, they like the free room while on vacation.  biggrin.gif As for grundfos which model should I go for? I live in Perlis, hard to find good plumber here. Do you anyone that can setup the water pump here? Thank you again for you help
Can complain the neighbour (syabas or air selangor) if u know they are doing it. faced the same issue. Water cannot go up to my tank on top of my roof. your 2nd floor low pressure cos near the tank. remember, 10m = 1 bar. from outside usually 1-1.2 bar, so with all the bends and all, even tap directly from main to 2nd floor, won't be so good as well. shower is nice and strong at 1 bar or above.

Pump, depending what you want. Some noisy, some quiet, some auto cut-off, some need pulsation tanks. Spend more then get better quality and higher pressure. In the end how many points used at one time nia. Not everyone bathe together right at the same time? Another thing to consider is heating. Pump will make your instant water heater less efficient.

Another cheaper alternative is to get water heater with pump. Got a Joven 7-8 years ago from Zean last till now (but got another one after 5 years water heater pump KO, think cos too many times on/off). My newer house setup is with pump (grundfos scala2) + external water heater (ecoheater) then only to showers + kitchen tap. Slower to heat up, but safer cos risk of electrocution lesser.
pilotHans
post May 20 2020, 03:55 PM

scuderia ferrari pit crew (" ,)
2,525 posts

QUOTE(ZainRain @ May 13 2020, 10:49 AM)
Thank you for the info. Didn't know that its illegal to pump directly from main meter. A few neighbors here already use water pump from their meter so just I`m curious.
Thank you for your recommendation. Is teral a good brand as grundfos? I tried to buy once item that would last very long type of guy. Is that teral ab25x254tpc enough to support all 3 bathroom at the same time? My house tend to get many visitors from my spouses, they like the free room while on vacation.  biggrin.gif As for grundfos which model should I go for? I live in Perlis, hard to find good plumber here. Do you anyone that can setup the water pump here? Thank you again for you help

me too..didnt know that using a water pump directly is illegal. must be size effects to other neighbors sweat.gif

KuzumiTaiga
post May 21 2020, 07:22 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

After two years of using Grunfos SCALA 2 pump (first 1.5 years in rented house, now moved to my new house) sitting on the roof under hot sun and elements, still going strong. Absolutely love it, installation is a pain but at least I don't have to re-do piping if I ever need to change pumps in the future.
ZainRain
post May 22 2020, 08:16 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ May 21 2020, 07:22 PM)
After two years of using Grunfos SCALA 2 pump (first 1.5 years in rented house, now moved to my new house) sitting on the roof under hot sun and elements, still going strong. Absolutely love it, installation is a pain but at least I don't have to re-do piping if I ever need to change pumps in the future.
Do you mind to share the picture of installation if you have? Can it be installed bare on the roof?

I just got back from the store that sell grundfos here and he said that I should put it in a cover. If I buy grundfos does it include the cover altogether or I need to buy them separately? If separately where I can get one?

The Scala 2 is out of stock, which one has similar performance that has the capability to supply 3 bathroom from the rooftop? Thank you
KuzumiTaiga
post May 22 2020, 12:20 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

QUOTE(ZainRain @ May 22 2020, 08:16 AM)
Do you mind to share the picture of installation if you have? Can it be installed bare on the roof?

I just got back from the store that sell grundfos here and he said that I should put it in a cover. If I buy grundfos does it include the cover altogether or I need to buy them separately? If separately where I can get one?

The Scala 2 is out of stock, which one has similar performance that has the capability to supply 3 bathroom from the rooftop? Thank you
No cover on mine just anti vibration pad. Won't a cover block ventilation?

Have you tried checking with mk curtain or zheilwane on their stock?
zheilwane
post May 23 2020, 07:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(ZainRain @ May 22 2020, 08:16 AM)

rubber pad & cover, not included by grundfos nd to buy seperately, we do have it

scala2 out of stock? bcoz the seller never keep stock. i have plenty stock smile.gif
MFMA90
post May 25 2020, 07:09 AM

7 posts

Hi. Where can I get certified grundfos installer list? Skimmed through the forum,but might have missed it. Help will be much appreciated 😊
liewmf
post Jun 1 2020, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

Hi guys, wanna ask if set timer by using hager eh711 to turn off at night time, will this harm the water pump?
zheilwane
post Jun 1 2020, 10:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(MFMA90 @ May 25 2020, 07:09 AM)
Hi. Where can I get certified grundfos installer list? Skimmed through the forum,but might have missed it. Help will be much appreciated 😊
dont need a certificate to a plumber or pump installer. Actually most plumbers know how to do it, just whether they are using good materials & workmanship quality. Usually u can get contact from the pump seller
zheilwane
post Jun 1 2020, 10:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(liewmf @ Jun 1 2020, 09:59 AM)
Hi guys, wanna ask if set timer by using hager eh711 to turn off at night time, will this harm the water pump?
just timer to off at night, wont harm pump.

my previous house got minor leak, lazy to hack wall to find it. So we only turn on when in use. current house perfect pipes, leave it on 24/7, no problem also
liewmf
post Jun 1 2020, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 1 2020, 10:27 PM)
just timer to off at night, wont harm pump.

my previous house got minor leak, lazy to hack wall to find it. So we only turn on when in use. current house perfect pipes, leave it on 24/7, no problem also
I see..Thx for the info!
adamgombak
post Jun 3 2020, 09:28 PM

16 posts

Recommendation required for Grundfos pump for 6 bathrooms with rain shower and 2 garden taps. Not all bathrooms used at the same time. Presently using model CH4-40PT. Is CM5-4 suitable? Can use with PM2 together with Pressure Tank? My Pressure Tank recently replaced with new. Intend to reuse tank if possible.
How much it cost ie pump with PM2.

zheilwane
post Jun 3 2020, 10:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(adamgombak @ Jun 3 2020, 09:28 PM)
Recommendation required for Grundfos pump for 6 bathrooms with rain shower and  2 garden taps. Not all bathrooms used at the same time. Presently using model CH4-40PT. Is CM5-4 suitable? Can use with PM2 together with Pressure Tank? My Pressure Tank recently replaced with new. Intend to reuse tank if possible.
How much it cost ie pump with PM2.
no point to get PM2, PM1 is good enough as PM2 is hard to set and reset.

wan more advance pump. UNI E CM 5-4

since u r using CH4-40pt then CM5-4 is sufficient unless u feel it is not powerfull enough then CM5-5. UNI is the best series under groundfso
adamgombak
post Jun 4 2020, 06:24 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 3 2020, 10:44 PM)
no point to get PM2, PM1 is good enough as PM2 is hard to set and reset.

wan more advance pump. UNI E CM 5-4

since u r using CH4-40pt then CM5-4 is sufficient unless u feel it is not powerfull enough then CM5-5. UNI is the best series under groundfso
u think shop can sell UNI E CM 5-4 without pressure tank? i oredi just bought a new 18l tank
zheilwane
post Jun 5 2020, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(adamgombak @ Jun 4 2020, 06:24 PM)
u think shop can sell UNI E CM 5-4 without pressure tank? i oredi just bought a new 18l tank
no bro then u jus buy CM5-4PM1
liewmf
post Jun 5 2020, 06:07 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

Hi guys, for grunfos scala 2, what actually will trigger the "leaking signal" ? Will situation like continuous pump water to tank while using water in tank , then it keep pumping and trigger the "leaking signal" ?

user posted image
pychear
post Jun 6 2020, 10:45 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Nov 5 2019, 09:04 AM)
Pmed you as forum rules does nt allow me to direct post here
Hi, can pm me your shop address also? Planning to install a booster pump for home use, wanted to pay a visit to understand more about the product that available and get some recommendation.

zheilwane
post Jun 6 2020, 11:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(liewmf @ Jun 5 2020, 06:07 PM)
Hi guys, for grunfos scala 2, what actually will trigger the "leaking signal" ? Will situation like continuous pump water to tank while using water in tank , then it keep pumping and trigger the "leaking signal" ?

user posted image
If the pump starts and stops in a fixed pattern, there is a leakage
in the system, and the pump will stop and show alarm 3.

usermanual
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&es...2QqmzzUoOfo_aZa
liewmf
post Jun 7 2020, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 6 2020, 11:17 PM)
If the pump starts and stops in a fixed pattern, there is a leakage
in the system, and the pump will stop and show alarm 3.

usermanual
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&es...2QqmzzUoOfo_aZa
I see..thanks for the info!
wailing81
post Jun 7 2020, 10:00 AM

On my way
675 posts

hi sifu here, have a question regarding water quality.

I planned to install water pump and is replacing all piping in the house.
The contractor intended to source all outlet from tank since there is a pump for high pressure.

But someone told me that it is not recommended to use tank water as drinking water and better to use the direct fresh water from outside. Is this true????

Thank you

68 Pages « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0265sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:42 PM