24 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Labour cost for painting

views

billyboy
post Mar 4 2015, 09:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,181 posts

hire a foreign worker, give him a roller and a tub of dulux pearl glo and get it done in a day or two.

worker = RM80 a day
roller = RM10
dulux pearl glo = RM115 (5l)
plastic sheet = rm45

All in RM250.

ok, ok maybe need 3 days work. its RM750 then.

if you want a towkay to tell you stories, then its RM1.8k. expensive story teller.....

do your own homework.....

oh... how do you know its dulux pearl glo and not something else...... because he told you.... ok ! good luck !!

if you are short of time to supervise, get a few cross-references on your contractor.

QUOTE(lee1234 @ Mar 3 2015, 02:34 PM)
Hi, i have some question about paint.
I got the quote for 1.8k (ceiling + wall) for a 900sqft condo but with dulux inspire interior paint.  Anyone use this paint before? is that ok? only one color tats why he told be he can get a 18l inspire paint.
does dulux pearl glo has big size 20liter?
steventan85
post Mar 4 2015, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,387 posts

QUOTE(lee1234 @ Mar 3 2015, 02:34 PM)
Hi, i have some question about paint.
I got the quote for 1.8k (ceiling + wall) for a 900sqft condo but with dulux inspire interior paint.  Anyone use this paint before? is that ok? only one color tats why he told be he can get a 18l inspire paint.
does dulux pearl glo has big size 20liter?
Rm1.8k for painting is too much for a small condo unit of 900sf... paint around RM500 ...i would rather take 3-4days leave to DIY myself ... as it will be cheaper icon_rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
lee1234
post Mar 4 2015, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(steventan85 @ Mar 4 2015, 09:49 AM)
Rm1.8k for painting is too much for a small condo unit of 900sf... paint around RM500 ...i would rather take 3-4days leave to DIY myself ... as it will be cheaper  icon_rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif
paint only Rm500? I went to paint shop, here is the quotation i got

pearl glo (20l) = RM280
Pearl glo (5l) = RM105
sealer (5l) = RM95
Maxilite (18l) = RM65

Estimate 30l needed (I'm not sure, the shop owner told me around 30l to 35l for wall which is RM650 for me.
Another guy quote me RM1.2k labour cost for whole house. ( ceiling + wall + wood doors). hmm.gif
princehans
post Mar 5 2015, 08:39 AM

42 posts

One Eagle Enterprise.

Looking For House Renovation and Painting Services???
Ask us for Quotation!!!

Call us now at 0166523213. Also available on Whats app or SMS for free roughly quotation.

Have a nice day ahead

This post has been edited by princehans: Mar 5 2015, 08:53 AM
princehans
post Mar 5 2015, 08:50 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(billyboy @ Mar 4 2015, 09:26 AM)
hire a foreign worker, give him a roller and a tub of dulux pearl glo and get it done in a day or two.

worker = RM80 a day
roller = RM10
dulux pearl glo = RM115 (5l)
plastic sheet = rm45

All in RM250.

ok, ok maybe need 3 days work.  its RM750 then.

if you want a towkay to tell you stories, then its RM1.8k.  expensive story teller.....

do your own homework.....

oh... how do you know its dulux pearl glo and not something else...... because he told you.... ok ! good luck !!
if you are short of time to supervise, get a few cross-references on your contractor.
Good day. As stated above just to ask how much paint u need to paint a condo? u say 3 days RM 750? Try calculating the paint as condo need at least 30L paint for double coat. Before that is skimming and levelling, that is also cost. You can get labour for RM 80 but are they professional? Towkay dont give expensive stories but thats the cost for it. Its Ceiling and Wall. Ceiling also at times for long run u will need to apply double coat. Dont mind what i said because i do painting my self too. So i know the price of it. RM 1800 is still cheap my friend. But again depends on what that person says bout skimming levelling and how many coat. Thanks. Have a great day.

This post has been edited by princehans: Mar 5 2015, 08:52 AM
billyboy
post Mar 5 2015, 09:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,181 posts

Fog n confusion.

When you don't know, you say let the 'professionals' handle it. That is when you start paying for the double speak.

- first coat often use matex. Very very cheap paint. Standard procedure. Then only use good paint. So two layers.

- even when the painters use the good paint, they will add water or thinner.(despite what the towkay or owner sez). Its easier to paint. However paintwork not so good, so have to paint another layer. Is the towkay or owner there to watch them all the time. No way. Painter happy as they are paid on a daily rate basis. More income for them.

- skim n leveling - depends on the quality n smoothness of the wall. Often quote cheap painting job then the profit margin is in the skim n leveling. Will they bring a spirit level to show you what is the gradient before n after ? Try n see.

- double layer on ceiling also use matex. Very cheap paint. Make sure they cover your floor properly otherwise you have more problem cleaning up.

Customer acquisition or marketing is expensive. Explaining the process to customer takes time n needs to be costed somewhere. Doing the actual job is actually much cheaper.

QUOTE(princehans @ Mar 5 2015, 08:50 AM)
Good day. As stated above just to ask how much paint u need to paint a condo? u say 3 days RM 750? Try calculating the paint as condo need at least 30L paint for double coat. Before that is skimming and levelling, that is also cost. You can get labour for RM 80 but are they professional? Towkay dont give expensive stories but thats the cost for it. Its Ceiling and Wall. Ceiling also at times for long run  u will need to apply double coat. Dont mind what i said because i do painting my self too. So i know the price of it. RM 1800 is still cheap my friend. But again depends on what that person says bout skimming levelling and how many coat. Thanks. Have a great day.
honkkydorry
post Mar 5 2015, 02:04 PM

On my way
671 posts

Must paint be mixed with water first before painting?

Can I say I don't want water mixed with paint as I prefer thicker coating?? I have painted 1-wall before without mixing water and the wall paint quality was still very good after 3 years so I assume it will last longer. In contrast, when I had my whole apt repainted, the workers mixed paint with water and I find the coating thin despite 2 times painting. When I asked the painters, they said must mix with water.
billyboy
post Mar 6 2015, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,181 posts

Don't add thinner / water
- difficult to paint (takes more energy to roll / brush).
- paint less no of coat is ok
- painter make less money (paid daily rate)

Add thinner / water
- easier to paint (glides faster / better)
- more coat of paint required as each coat thinner
- painter makes less money (paid daily rate)

in terms of quality alone, i was told that a few thin coats is better than one thick coat.
ozak
post Mar 6 2015, 12:11 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Mar 5 2015, 02:04 PM)
Must paint be mixed with water first before painting?

Can I say I don't want water mixed with paint as I prefer thicker coating??  I have painted 1-wall before without mixing water and  the wall paint quality was still very good after 3 years so I assume it will last longer. In contrast, when I had my whole apt repainted, the workers mixed paint with water and I find the coating thin despite 2 times painting. When I asked the painters, they said must mix with water.
There is nothing wrong to mix with water. But only small amount and for the easy paint purpose. The paint cans do have such advise. But it is not a must.

Sure you need to roll few time since the coat is thin. So it depend the painter eye are able to different that the paint is still can cover under it and nice or not.

princehans
post Mar 9 2015, 04:39 AM

42 posts

One Eagle Enterprise.

Ask us for Quotation!!!

Call us now at 0166523213. Also available on Whats app or SMS for free roughly quotation.

Have a nice day ahead

princehans
post Mar 9 2015, 04:39 AM

42 posts

One Eagle Enterprise.

Ask us for Quotation!!!

Have a nice day ahead

popice2u
post Mar 10 2015, 07:02 AM

Regular
1,264 posts

Renovation completed just pending to fix the lighting. How difficult is it to do painting especially for the plaster ceiling where there is L box or Line box. My contractor says its quite difficult once the downlight is fix. I was thinking to do painting myself (save $$$) but then the way my contractor put it as tho its better to engage people to paint. Pls. share your experience.
ozak
post Mar 10 2015, 10:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(popice2u @ Mar 10 2015, 07:02 AM)
Renovation completed just pending to fix the lighting. How difficult is it to do painting especially for the plaster ceiling where there is L box or Line box. My contractor says its quite difficult once the downlight is fix. I was thinking to do painting myself (save $$$) but then the way my contractor put it as tho its better to engage people to paint. Pls. share your experience.
Can't brain what is difficult on L box. But generally painting is easy job. You never do some kind of painting before?

For the part that fix light first than paint. Yes. it is difficult. Cause you need to escape the light fixture while paint near. And very high chance that you over paint the light fixture edge. Best is to paint first, than install the light later.
princehans
post Mar 10 2015, 10:49 AM

42 posts

Good day guys
popice2u
post Mar 10 2015, 12:44 PM

Regular
1,264 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Mar 10 2015, 10:08 AM)
Can't brain what is difficult on L box. But generally painting is easy job. You never do some kind of painting before?

For the part that fix light first than paint. Yes. it is difficult. Cause you need to escape the light fixture while paint near. And very high chance that you over paint the light fixture edge. Best is to paint first, than install the light later.
I did painting before but not on ceiling with downlight. Anyway how to prevent from staining the fixture?
I know is best to paint b4 installating but I can only paint on Sunday. whistling.gif

ozak
post Mar 10 2015, 12:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(popice2u @ Mar 10 2015, 12:44 PM)
I did painting before but not on ceiling with downlight. Anyway how to prevent from staining the fixture?
I know is best to paint b4 installating but I can only paint on Sunday. whistling.gif
I don't no which type of DL you're using. But if you using the normal round type CFL, you can pull down abit. As long as there is a gap, your brush can go underneath. Others type not sure.

Or stick a masking tape around the light fixture before paint. That is an extra job. But no choice.

ohman
post Mar 11 2015, 08:54 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

QUOTE(popice2u @ Mar 10 2015, 12:44 PM)
paint further from it, and touch up with brush.

btw, any specific reason to paint ceiling? change color?
popice2u
post Mar 11 2015, 09:19 PM

Regular
1,264 posts

QUOTE(ohman @ Mar 11 2015, 08:54 PM)
paint further from it, and touch up with brush.

btw, any specific reason to paint ceiling? change color?
i do plaster ceiling.....

ohman
post Mar 11 2015, 09:21 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

QUOTE(popice2u @ Mar 11 2015, 09:19 PM)
i do plaster ceiling.....
oh, the plaster itself has no paint, so have to paint it?

sorry, trying to learn here.

plaster ceiling must paint? to be safe?
steventan85
post Mar 12 2015, 10:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,387 posts

QUOTE(ohman @ Mar 11 2015, 09:21 PM)
oh, the plaster itself has no paint, so have to paint it?

sorry, trying to learn here.

plaster ceiling must paint? to be safe?
u can choose not to paint , its quite ugly tbh... hahahahahahah...its juz like ur wall no painting at all...

24 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:53 PM