Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Breastpump recommend

views

TSqarezma
post Apr 4 2011, 10:29 AM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
71 posts

Dear BF-successful moms, pls suggest/discuss good, effective and reasonable priced BP.. i am planning to buy one in the next 4 months (before my delivery).
kausar
post Apr 4 2011, 10:39 AM

On my way
539 posts

medela of course
saladin7
post Apr 4 2011, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

i'm a father but i bought breastpump for my wife.. its all depends on your budget.. but my advice would be electric and double pump especially for a working mom.

i bought it from ebay around 3 years ago and the price is almost 1k cheaper than buying here. Medela Freestyle. If not mistaken you can also get a cheap price from http://www.mybreastpumpshop.com/ where the owner get the stock directly from US.
nicKit
post Apr 4 2011, 12:32 PM

Casual
374 posts

qarezma, way to go~! tongue.gif like saladin7 said, get a double pump n electric one... if can use battery is a surplus... i'm using spectra3... cheap but works as well... some say medela advance pump in style while others say ameda...
phythia79
post Apr 4 2011, 01:33 PM

Casual
341 posts

I used avent manual pump as my cousin lent me hers..and then I bought the same one. At that time..I didn't know any support group like this or breastfeeding advocates..thus didn't know which brands are the best. Avent served me well but tiring at times. I'll suggest getting double pump as it saves time and I heard that it also helps to increase supply (dunno if it's true or not).
nicKit
post Apr 4 2011, 01:36 PM

Casual
374 posts

phythia, double pump helped me to increase my supply tongue.gif coz it'll trick the body that u're feeding twins thus producing more smile.gif
sbux
post Apr 4 2011, 01:56 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

I am using ardo calypso. It can be use with batteries as well. Can be converted into a double pump if u buy the upgrade set. Satisfied with it but given a choice, I would still wanna try medela FS.
TSqarezma
post Apr 4 2011, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Apr 4 2011, 12:32 PM)
qarezma, way to go~! tongue.gif like saladin7 said, get a double pump n electric one... if can use battery is a surplus... i'm using spectra3... cheap but works as well... some say medela advance pump in style while others say ameda...
how much is spectra3? thinking of medela FS too, but so expensive!! ameda seems ok

QUOTE(phythia79 @ Apr 4 2011, 01:33 PM)
I used avent manual pump as my cousin lent me hers..and then I bought the same one. At that time..I didn't know any support group like this or breastfeeding advocates..thus didn't know which brands are the best. Avent served me well but tiring at times. I'll suggest getting double pump as it saves time and I heard that it also helps to increase supply (dunno if it's true or not).
i heard avent has better suction.. u bought the manual or electric one?
ijnek
post Apr 4 2011, 02:49 PM

On my way
566 posts

i bought the avent manual pump for wife and she likes that compare to electric 1...
nicKit
post Apr 4 2011, 03:32 PM

Casual
374 posts

qarezma, i bought it wif back to work set... cost me below rm600
TSqarezma
post Apr 4 2011, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

what does back to work set include?
phythia79
post Apr 4 2011, 05:10 PM

Casual
341 posts

Mine was manual. Suction is ok I guess coz I don't hv any other to compare to. Oh..if possible get the handsfree one..so u can multitask while pumping. I think they hv a bra for these kind of handsfree one right?

I read in a pumping group that they even pump whilst driving..using the handsfree one.
nicKit
post Apr 4 2011, 05:51 PM

Casual
374 posts

qarezma, it's included wif nursing bra, washable nursing bra pads, microwave sterilizer bags, backpack, 3 ice packs, thermal bag, 6 bottles... i think that's it if my memory din fail me smile.gif bought from fabulous mum if u wanna know...

phythia, the handsfree bra is quite expensive >.< nursing poncho would b nice too n nursing pillow tongue.gif
Syd G
post Apr 4 2011, 09:47 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,014 posts

I use Medela FS. If I didnt have money back then I'd sell me laptop to buy it.

Best investment ever.
grinner
post Apr 5 2011, 09:47 AM

Casual
486 posts

We bought a breast pump for my firstborn and it worked great. Wish I could remember the name, but somehow it slipped my mind. It's lying around somewhere downstairs but really un-enthused to rummage for it tongue.gif ...a quick dig in google netted me this though--->

user posted image

...but could've sworn the name is different from the one in the website i.e. Snowbear Natripump... looks identical but distinctly remember the name as being more a household one... hmmmm...

...anyways, it gave up the ghost when I was testing it last year for our youngest's (and fourth) arrival. Wife told me to get either avent, spectra or medela, dual pump (?) as her forums and friends were all recommending those. She should've prepared me for the price of those things... would've saved me the trouble of cardiac arrest when I saw the prices at the shop. Dang people... anyways, always one looking for value for money (not that anyone here isn't), I spotted pureen's breast pump which looks eerily similar... check it out-->

user posted image

... needless to say, bought it just for testing purposes... belum try belum tau, right? ...well, after the earful from the wife, she agreed to try it and know what? ...running purely on batteries the suction wasn't too hot, so hooked it up on a/c, and wife agreed it worked as well as the one before it... just a tad noisier but knowing her husband, my wife said no need to buy the more expensive one...

...So, my point here is, and No, neither my wife nor to a much lesser extent I have tested or used the avent/medela/spectra ones so we can't rightly compare, but purely on cost to effectiveness factor alone, the pureen is just fine... though it is not compatible with avent bottles, so that's a minor disadvantage... but just laying out choices for the mothers-(and fathers)-to-be in here...

P.S. To add, in hindsight, I really should've bought one with dual pumps, since I admit the single one takes a long time to fill up... the thing about the dual pump thing (which I told my wife) is it looks too much like the ones at the dairy farm sweat.gif ...but again, it would definitely be a timesaver for my wife... *kicks self*

This post has been edited by grinner: Apr 5 2011, 09:55 AM
azam_halim
post Apr 5 2011, 02:28 PM

Casual
427 posts

i am planning to buy one for my wife (5 months pregnant now). dont want to wait till last minutes..from my observation, manjaku wangsa maju is selling the manual avent (comes with 1 small bottle) with 2 8oz 'glass' bottles at reduced price almost 400 if im not mistaken..but if u browse through pa&ma magazine, there is currently promotion running for various set of b.pump with accessories+nursing bra..the price depends on the packages u choose. madela & spectra
thingreg
post May 1 2011, 03:55 AM

10 posts

I have a set of Avent breast pump would like to let go in half price, totally new , un-open box. Detail please refer to

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1818307&hl=

as nickKit mentioned, double breastpump will help you increase milk supply and also shortern your pumping time.
lunalovegood
post May 1 2011, 04:39 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

i've tried both manual and electric pump, at first i bought the avent manual, it was effective but like phythia79 said, it was really tiring. sweat.gif my hand all lenguh from all the pumping, in then end i gave up and bought myself medela the single batery pump one, cant remember the name, it was ok, but if u plan to use it in the office, try to find some place really private, because this one is so noisy punya. biggrin.gif i heard spectra 3 is the best. silent and all that,wish i hv bought that one instead of medela. sad.gif

learn from my lesson, do a thorough research b4 buying one. or end up wasting money like me sad.gif sad.gif

This post has been edited by lunalovegood: May 1 2011, 04:41 AM
kei18kun
post May 1 2011, 11:01 AM

Coconut in the sea(TM)
5,157 posts

my wife totally love the avent manual pump smile.gif
can check it out here http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=215&t=1797143
sammesul81
post May 1 2011, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(kei18kun @ May 1 2011, 11:01 AM)
my wife totally love the avent manual pump smile.gif
can check it out here http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=215&t=1797143
Do you think Avent is better thab Medela? im plannning to buy breast feed pump to my wife, next wonth my wife will start working again i just want to make sure i invest wisely
kei18kun
post May 1 2011, 08:49 PM

Coconut in the sea(TM)
5,157 posts

sorry can't help about this since i only buy first one pureen manual pump for RM20 which doesn't work at all

after i search for alternatives i found the cheapest option which is Avent

u need to budget then get the one u need. the brands recommended here should be ok
valoo
post May 10 2011, 02:52 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(kei18kun @ May 1 2011, 08:49 PM)
sorry can't help about this since i only buy first one pureen manual pump for RM20 which doesn't work at all

after i search for alternatives i found the cheapest option which is Avent

u need to budget then get the one u need. the brands recommended here should be ok
i've used medela pumps for both my kids. perfect.. never have to worry about cannot pump out enough milk. just buy from ebay. a lot cheaper & you can buy new tubings if you want too from any of the baby shops that sells medela. the best is to get the the electric double pump.
flempower
post May 27 2011, 10:36 AM

7 posts

No one using First Year MiPump? We got that since all the bottles we bought was that brand...but baby only coming out next month..so not sure how good is it tongue.gif

This post has been edited by flempower: May 27 2011, 10:43 AM
sunflower808
post May 27 2011, 12:52 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(valoo @ May 10 2011, 03:52 PM)
i've used medela pumps for both my kids. perfect.. never have to worry about cannot pump out enough milk. just buy from ebay. a lot cheaper & you can buy new tubings if you want too from any of the baby shops that sells medela. the best is to get the the electric double pump.
How much you buy from e-bay?
kombenasai
post May 28 2011, 01:38 AM

48 posts

Here's my recommendation:

Manual: Unimom or if u have more budget go for avent

Electric: Spectra 3 and if u r hard core pumping mother...Medela Free Style
Z_LYN
post May 28 2011, 07:12 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(kombenasai @ May 28 2011, 01:38 AM)
Here's my recommendation:

Manual: Unimom or if u have more budget go for avent

Electric: Spectra 3 and if u r hard core pumping mother...Medela Free Style
Hello dear frens.. i'm fully BF my baby gurl.. she's 1yrs 2 mon rite now.. i use Spectra 3 with double pumping, (got cooler beg with 3 icepack and 2 box of milk bottle). i buy at Mom's Little one @ seri kembangan. Plez dear frens, if u hv a bb, bf them. many benefit there, n u can maintain ur body likes befor3..hehe..slim..slim.. before deliver ur bb,brings ur Husband together attend d' breastfeeding course. rclxms.gif

this is one of the forum in fb that can guide me n i'll share wif u'lls

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=217...166907716669964

or search @fb : kump ibu menyusukan thumbup.gif
TSqarezma
post Jun 29 2011, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

saw this spectra DEW 350 pump.. is it new model? any idea how it works in comparison to spectra 3?

http://www.enjoybreastfeed.com/product_inf...ield-set-p-1281
wlcling
post Jul 1 2011, 08:40 PM

Hippidy Hoppidy
2,556 posts

my wife use medela swing... well, its good thats all i can say... i decided to buy this after my research and comparisons... there's another brand, ameda, but i found this a bit plasticky although this seems to have good ratings too..

avent good because easy to find, but i heard the leaf petals not very fitting... so leak milk thats all..
TSqarezma
post Jul 25 2011, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

im getting anxious with this pump purchase

now i notice most online shops are having sale, and i am afraid if i wait to buy after my delivery end aug, i might miss the good deals... what say u ladies?

also i will be working only for 1 or 2 mths after my delivery before becoming a SAHM... should i settle for manual pump? budget budget...
nicKit
post Jul 25 2011, 05:05 PM

Casual
374 posts

qarezma, i bought my spectra n used it just to keep my supply when i went back to work for 1 mth smile.gif if u feel like getting one n not spend a lot y dun u get from FSOT? smile.gif
TSqarezma
post Jul 25 2011, 09:46 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Jul 25 2011, 05:05 PM)
qarezma, i bought my spectra n used it just to keep my supply when i went back to work for 1 mth smile.gif if u feel like getting one n not spend a lot y dun u get from FSOT? smile.gif
as i told u last time.. i kinda skeptical in getting used one tongue.gif
nicKit
post Jul 25 2011, 10:53 PM

Casual
374 posts

qarezma, aiya... then le? tongue.gif if u REALLY miss the deal then get 2nd hand oso nvm de ma... just 1-2 mths... Syd G oso bought 2nd hand i think... just change the other parts that touches the breast n milk tongue.gif i dunno if got enuf time to pump for manual pump tongue.gif anyone do pls enlighten me smile.gif
sbux
post Jul 26 2011, 03:02 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

No matter what u do, do not settle for a manual pump. I have friends and relatives surrendering bf just because they are using a manual pump.

They thought thats the only option they have to pump and its super tiring.

a breastpump is a good alternative if u have sore and bloody nipples and wish to let it heal first before latching on again. So, its better to buy a pump before delivery.

If i am not mistaken, there is a bf friendly baby shop in Klang that have trial sets for u to try on.

TSqarezma
post Jul 26 2011, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(sbux @ Jul 26 2011, 03:02 AM)
No matter what u do, do not settle for a manual pump. I have friends and relatives surrendering bf just because they are using a manual pump.

a breastpump is a good alternative if u have sore and bloody nipples and wish to let it heal first before latching on again. So, its better to buy a pump before delivery.

If i am not mistaken, there is a bf friendly baby shop in Klang that have trial sets for u to try on.
enjoybreastfeed in klang rite... i came back to jb in such a rush that i din make it there...
but fab mom here has some trial sets too
phythia79
post Jul 26 2011, 11:30 AM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(sbux @ Jul 26 2011, 03:02 AM)

QUOTE(qarezma @ Jul 26 2011, 08:49 AM)
enjoybreastfeed in klang rite... i came back to jb in such a rush that i din make it there...
but fab mom here has some trial sets too
sigh..i never knew about all these trial sets...anyways..i ended up with the avent manual breastpump...and didn't surrender..

I think..no matter what method that we choose to remove milk (ie direct/pump)..it's the determination of mommies to continue bf.
nicKit
post Jul 26 2011, 01:07 PM

Casual
374 posts

phythia, well said~! cheers.gif
nicKit
post Sep 16 2011, 04:01 PM

Casual
374 posts

qarezma, i write here la coz sms not enuf space laugh.gif here's wat i think

u should get an electric breastpump if
1) u intend to give sanju no2 bottle... u can give sanju ebm too... u can feed them both at same time n spend some time wif sanju... i mean when u're SAHM...
2) u intend to increase ur supply... even SAHM wif DL u may wanna increase ur supply... so double pumping is a good way to trick ur brain that say "hello i need more milk"
3) u intend to pump of one side n latch on the other... seriously electric is soooooo much better than manual... trust me tongue.gif been there, done that... oh n this is the way to tell ur brain "hello i'm feeding twins"
4) in case got no 3 laugh.gif tongue.gif
EnPoiNte
post Sep 17 2011, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Sep 16 2011, 04:01 PM)
qarezma, i write here la coz sms not enuf space laugh.gif here's wat i think

u should get an electric breastpump if
1) u intend to give sanju no2 bottle... u can give sanju ebm too... u can feed them both at same time n spend some time wif sanju... i mean when u're SAHM...
2) u intend to increase ur supply... even SAHM wif DL u may wanna increase ur supply... so double pumping is a good way to trick ur brain that say "hello i need more milk"
3) u intend to pump of one side n latch on the other... seriously electric is soooooo much better than manual... trust me tongue.gif been there, done that... oh n this is the way to tell ur brain "hello i'm feeding twins"
4) in case got no 3 laugh.gif tongue.gif
well said there!

so far i have both manual and electric. but depends on your preference. I did let one of my friend my FS (freestyle) and she said not efficient in clearing the breast than the manual avent. for me, it's good but i think maybe it's slow, coz the suction got rhythm one and you cant increase the speed but only to the suction level.

now that i'm using FS, when I did try back my manual (harmony + avent - dont ask me why i bought 2 manual.. lol) , it was difficult for me since i'm already so used to electric. Some use 10 mins to clear both but for me, i need at least 20-25 mins per session....

as for increasing the millk quantity, i guess its yes for me as i used to pump 6 oz per session, and slowly increase.. til now sometimes can get 12oz per session wink.gif

lit_ching
post Sep 18 2011, 01:57 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(EnPoiNte @ Sep 17 2011, 10:23 AM)
well said there!

so far i have both manual and electric. but depends on your preference. I did let one of my friend my FS (freestyle) and she said not efficient in clearing the breast than the manual avent. for me, it's good but i think maybe it's slow, coz the suction got rhythm one and you cant increase  the speed but only to the suction level.

now that i'm using FS, when I did try back my manual (harmony + avent - dont ask me why i bought 2 manual.. lol) , it was difficult for me since i'm already so used to electric. Some use 10 mins to clear both but for me, i need at least 20-25 mins per session....

as for increasing the millk quantity, i guess its yes for me as i used to pump 6 oz per session, and slowly increase.. til now sometimes can get 12oz per session wink.gif
just curious, how long is your interval to get 12oz per session? smile.gif
feralee
post Jan 28 2012, 09:33 PM

Enthusiastic (R)(C)(tm)
4,858 posts

QUOTE(Z_LYN @ May 28 2011, 07:12 AM)
Hello dear frens.. i'm fully BF my baby gurl.. she's 1yrs 2 mon rite now.. i use Spectra 3 with double pumping, (got cooler beg with 3 icepack and 2 box of milk bottle). i buy at Mom's Little one @ seri kembangan. Plez dear frens, if u hv a bb, bf them. many benefit there, n u can maintain ur body likes befor3..hehe..slim..slim.. before deliver ur bb,brings ur Husband together attend d' breastfeeding course. rclxms.gif

this is one of the forum in fb that can guide me n i'll share wif u'lls

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=217...166907716669964

or search @fb : kump ibu menyusukan thumbup.gif
how much u bought for it?

pennie23
post Jan 30 2012, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Hello mummies,

I'm interested to buy medela freestyle double pump.. Anyone know which local seller selling with warranty? I heard buy online is cheaper than shops.. Please share with me ya. Tqtq...
CoolerMR
post Jan 31 2012, 12:22 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(pennie23 @ Jan 30 2012, 11:15 PM)
Hello mummies,

I'm interested to buy medela freestyle double pump.. Anyone know which local seller selling with warranty? I heard buy online is cheaper than shops.. Please share with me ya. Tqtq...
try http://www.mybbstore.com/ or visit their stores.

pennie23
post Jan 31 2012, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(CoolerMR @ Jan 31 2012, 01:22 AM)
try http://www.mybbstore.com/ or visit their stores.
this website selling at the original price.. kind of expensive.. looking for discounted rate.. thx
Z_LYN
post Jan 31 2012, 01:54 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(feralee @ Jan 28 2012, 09:33 PM)
how much u bought for it?
i bought last 2 year RM 7++. Double pumping + got some stuff for bf (refer from package offer).

if buy 1 single pump : RM3++. better buy a package can get extra things
misstrezzz hermanazzz
post Jan 31 2012, 02:14 PM

33 posts

i had purchased spectra 3 breastpump to breastfeed my second baby,what i can say is the suction is good,can produce milk faster as it has double pump but the suction kinda hurt a bit and it is not convenient to bring around as it bulky and heavy.my officemate use spectra also but one day she brought medela freestyle and she said it is highly recommended,make pumping very easy and convenient
ramboo
post Jan 31 2012, 04:05 PM

Casual
349 posts

my wife used :-
a) Madela Swing cost at RM7** + Gift = single 'Home & Travel'
b) Spectra: Spectra DEW 350 RM49*= double 'Workplace and as backup'

i buy from http://www.littlewhiz.com/cat-breastpumps.cfm nice price not everything cheap, but mostly Breast Pump are cheap there smile.gif No postage fee + got point to redeem thumbup.gif

all nice product but Madela swing light, compact and mobile, spectra also nice but heavy.

if looking for Madela Freestyle it cost +- RM2000 for double pump better got Madela Swing and convert it as video below

This post has been edited by ramboo: Jan 31 2012, 04:05 PM
opifan
post Feb 2 2012, 09:06 AM

22 posts

Bought Medala Swing and regretted it. Very slow 'cos only 1 side is pumping. With double pump, the pumping time is shortened by half.

This is a personal belief la but I feel the breast pump can only be used for 1 pregnancy (unless within 1 year again) 'cos the parts like the funnel, bottles and tube all yellowed from the breast milk. Don't feel like using it again.
hellokitty82
post Feb 2 2012, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(opifan @ Feb 2 2012, 09:06 AM)
Bought Medala Swing and regretted it. Very slow 'cos only 1 side is pumping. With double pump, the pumping time is shortened by half.

This is a personal belief la but I feel the breast pump can only be used for 1 pregnancy (unless within 1 year again) 'cos the parts like the funnel, bottles and tube all yellowed from the breast milk. Don't feel like using it again.
yes. definitely will go for electric double pump. but what u said is true too. the parts are yellowed. but however, we can always buy the parts separately. hence, i believe no issue here. smile.gif
jiaenn83
post Feb 3 2012, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

i am having my first baby and saw mixed reviews on all these brand..

i am small size and wonder if i have enough milk supply..

i am thinking spectra dew 350 as the price is affordable, however i heard medela is better.. how about avent?

anyone is using ardo calypso?
hellokitty82
post Feb 6 2012, 09:01 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(jiaenn83 @ Feb 3 2012, 11:15 AM)
i am having my first baby and saw mixed reviews on all these brand..

i am small size and wonder if i have enough milk supply..

i am thinking spectra dew 350 as the price is affordable, however i heard medela is better.. how about avent?

anyone is using ardo calypso?
one of my friend who is VERY VERY slim just give birth to a baby boy and guess what? her baby boy weight 4.1kg!!! omg. and she also like you, worry no milk as she is very slim one. but fortunately, she told me that her milk comes in. so, do not under estimate yourself. if u let your baby latch on frequently, the milk flow will establish. if there is demand, then there will be supply.

good luck! smile.gif
jovyn
post Feb 7 2012, 06:23 PM

Casual
309 posts

im currently using spectra 3...so far still ok.
after pump, i prefer use hand to express out
Kasumie
post Feb 7 2012, 08:08 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Feb 6 2012, 09:01 AM)
one of my friend who is VERY VERY slim just give birth to a baby boy and guess what? her baby boy weight 4.1kg!!! omg. and she also like you, worry no milk as she is very slim one. but fortunately, she told me that her milk comes in. so, do not under estimate yourself. if u let your baby latch on frequently, the milk flow will establish. if there is demand, then there will be supply.

good luck!  smile.gif
Wow..then does her tummy looks big when pregnant?? I'm thinking of trying to let baby to latch on and hand express after I delivered. Then only decide whether to buy breast pump or not. Im afraid I might just give up bf within the short period and wasted the money to buy breast pump.
jiaenn83
post Feb 8 2012, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

thanks for your valuable feedback..
hellokitty82
post Feb 8 2012, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(Kasumie @ Feb 7 2012, 08:08 PM)
Wow..then does her tummy looks big when pregnant?? I'm thinking of trying to let baby to latch on and hand express after I delivered. Then only decide whether to buy breast pump or not. Im afraid I might just give up bf within the short period and wasted the money to buy breast pump.
yea...it looks big of course. yea..my fren too..try to let baby to latch on but sadly, she got engorged. so she pump.
some people says, after u buy a breastpump, it will encourage you to bf long term. brows.gif
leonamanutd
post Feb 8 2012, 04:35 PM

24 posts

I strongly recommend the Ameda double pump, cost RM700+. It has helped me to breastfeed till my son was 2 years 7 months before I stopped as I was pregnant again. I recommended it to my sis in law and she is happily pumping since. For cheaper brands, the only other brands I would suggest would be spectra and medela and no more than that.
Kasumie
post Feb 8 2012, 08:52 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(leonamanutd @ Feb 8 2012, 04:35 PM)
I strongly recommend the Ameda double pump, cost RM700+. It has helped me to breastfeed till my son was 2 years 7 months before I stopped as I was pregnant again. I recommended it to my sis in law and she is happily pumping since. For cheaper brands, the only other brands I would suggest would be spectra and medela and no more than that.
I think for double pump priced at 700plus is quit3 cheap.compared to event only single pump cost the same.

Added on February 9, 2012, 8:31 pmmade some research today bout breastpump.. decided to purchase spectra 3 which fits into my budget more.. hopefully will be able to find a good deal in motherhood expo end of this month..at the same time looking for travel system too.

This post has been edited by Kasumie: Feb 9 2012, 08:31 PM
MPA
post Mar 5 2012, 01:57 AM

8 posts

I bought First Year miPump during Motherhood Expo last year, RM299.94 (40% off market price), electric dual pump with unique handle (electric or battery-operated), allowing me to double pump with only one hand. Compared to others dual breastpumps such as Avent and Medela, it's value in money. I can surf forum online while expressing breastmilk, killing 2 birds in one stone.
user posted image

Comparison:
user posted image

I used Avent manual single during my first baby. It's relatively time-consuming and my hand really sore at the end of pumping. For the peace of mind and time-saving reason, I gave First Year miPump a try and luckily it did not disappoint me. smile.gif

This post has been edited by MPA: Apr 10 2012, 07:42 AM
botak_matrix
post Mar 6 2012, 08:24 PM

10 posts

1st pump purchased avent manual,too lazy, too tired & take longer time to pump, sold that one & purchased ameda lactaline from fabulous mom around RM7++. Until now very satisfied with that ameda.bb 3mth old. Start using ameda when bb around 2weeks until now, working mom so only at night direct bf...
StrawberryGirL
post Mar 7 2012, 10:50 AM

Casual
381 posts

I only bought the pureen electric breast pump. So far still ok for me. But I feel like a little slow while using it.
cokelatpanda
post Mar 7 2012, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
292 posts

anybody here with ameda purely yours carry all? Comment plz...
jiaenn83
post Mar 8 2012, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

i am thinking whether to purchase medela freestyle or pump in style... which is better?

any other brand which has similar feature with medela freestyle?
cokelatpanda
post Mar 8 2012, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

Freestyle is popular with Malaysian, but if you look at amazon.com on these two, in style got better review.
kjteoh
post Mar 8 2012, 06:56 PM

7 posts

Was using Avent Manual pump till hands get so tired and changed to Avent Single Pump for my second baby, since all my bottles are Avent brand. A great helper for bf mom. smile.gif
cokelatpanda
post Mar 10 2012, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
292 posts

Just found out that ameda purely yours (us market) = lactaline (outside us). tongue.gif
Is the valve really easy to koyak, can it go pass 6 month?
lit_ching
post Mar 10 2012, 01:13 AM

41 posts

my wife's is using freestyle, as compare to pis, its smaller, light, comes with hands free, more suction level, lcd display for time usage, etc smile.gif
slackware07
post Mar 10 2012, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

buy medela swing and convert to double pump biggrin.gif
jiaenn83
post Mar 10 2012, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Medela swing has d similar with freestyle?

QUOTE(slackware07 @ Mar 10 2012, 05:09 PM)
buy medela swing and convert to double pump biggrin.gif
slackware07
post Mar 10 2012, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8HtLRG6MqI

This post has been edited by slackware07: Mar 10 2012, 08:07 PM
jetkiat
post Mar 11 2012, 11:56 PM

Casual
366 posts

got 1 secondhand medela freestyle let go...PM me if interest...
vwiwilvH
post Aug 11 2012, 11:09 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(jetkiat @ Mar 12 2012, 12:56 AM)
got 1 secondhand medela freestyle let go...PM me if interest...
do u still have it..pls reply..
geng_m
post Aug 13 2012, 12:19 AM

4 posts

the feeding bottles that we already have are Avent. does that mean that we need to buy Avent breastpump? or Avent bottles can fit Medela pump?
jetkiat
post Aug 13 2012, 10:23 AM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(vwiwilvH @ Aug 11 2012, 11:09 PM)
do u still have it..pls reply..
sold... tongue.gif
inside123
post Aug 13 2012, 10:33 AM

25 posts

Hi

Can i know Avent single bump better or twin pump?

very confused, dunno wan to buy single or twin..

Any advise
Aqidah
post Aug 13 2012, 12:53 PM

Pablo in Boots
635 posts

QUOTE(inside123 @ Aug 13 2012, 10:33 AM)
Hi

Can i know Avent single bump better or twin pump?

very confused, dunno wan to buy single or twin..

Any advise
i would reccomend u go for double pump nod.gif

Coz when u start pumping the left side..the right side milk also will ooze out..such a waste sweat.gif

Previously i used to hold my bottle at the opposite breast but its troublesome.

Plus..when u do double pumping..it can increase ur milk supply laugh.gif
lola
post Aug 14 2012, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

i only use snowbear auto single pump... rm189 coz not enough budget for medela swing ;( but its good...
jayden2012
post Aug 14 2012, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

just buy for a everage price cause only use max 2 month . . .
geng_m
post Aug 24 2012, 05:59 PM

4 posts

found Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump much more cheaper than Medela FS. Any satisfied user here? Is it good? I'm also concerned if it is light and not bulky to carry as I intend to BP at work. And also if it's quiet. your feedback is highly appreciated. thanks!

This post has been edited by geng_m: Aug 24 2012, 06:02 PM
mikanico
post Aug 27 2012, 09:19 AM

22 posts

I have BRAND NEW Medela Freestyle to let go.

More detail @
http://www.ebay.com.my/sch/livelytext/m.html

For Breastfeeding mum, highly recommend the Facebook Breastfeeding support group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBreastfe...vocatesNetwork/

This post has been edited by mikanico: Oct 24 2012, 10:32 AM
sweeboon
post Aug 27 2012, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

Mikanico, I can't access your page, dunno why.

Anyway, I'm looking for preowned breastpump now as my current one is out of order, because of the stupid transformer.

Preferably double pump, electronic. If you can sell the bottles together that will be awesome, pls pm me. Thanks!!
derek_lim1982
post Aug 29 2012, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

my wife uses spectra (korean brand automatic) which is not bad
Laine85
post Aug 29 2012, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

just wondering... if i buy from amazon, can i service it in local medela service centre? i know the warranty is not accepted here, just scare they wont repair for me even if im willing to pay
cokelatpanda
post Aug 29 2012, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

From what i heard you will be charge much more compared to local unit. The amazon price is surely tempting, but if you're scared that anything bad happen to your pump, better buy locally. Buying oversea is like gambling on your fate. FYI, mine bought from ebay and still fine till now. Hopefully can be used for a longer time.
arthurlwf
post Aug 29 2012, 04:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,534 posts

QUOTE(cokelatpanda @ Aug 29 2012, 03:23 PM)
From what i heard you will be charge much more compared to local unit. The amazon price is surely tempting, but if you're scared that anything bad happen to your pump, better buy locally. Buying oversea is like gambling on your fate. FYI, mine bought from ebay and still fine till now. Hopefully can be used for a longer time.
Can share what brand and price you bought from ebay?
Is it eBay Malaysia or eBay US?
cokelatpanda
post Aug 29 2012, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

Ebay US. Medela PISA. About rm1100 including shipping and local adapter. Lucky for me, no tax imposed. smile.gif
KohSin
post Aug 29 2012, 05:33 PM

Enthusiast
720 posts

Firstly i tot of buying electrical , n i told my husband this idea. Den he replied, u dun scare like final destination? Bump cant stop n blah blah blah...scared me: (

but i m really curious on how does the bump work, how v operate it. Can anybody share? Manual or electric one oso welcome. Thx a lot: )
copyninja4
post Aug 29 2012, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

How about Medela Freestyle, any online shop offer good price?
sonerin
post Aug 29 2012, 10:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,466 posts

The best price is amazon.com
blanket84
post Sep 4 2012, 02:07 PM

Regular
1,088 posts

I wonder if I buy Medela freestyle from ebay or amazon will I be taxed? How much you guys managed to get from ebay or amazon including shipping?
Laine85
post Sep 4 2012, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(cokelatpanda @ Aug 29 2012, 05:16 PM)
Ebay US. Medela PISA. About rm1100 including shipping and local adapter. Lucky for me, no tax imposed. smile.gif
sent directly or used forwarding agent? im so tempting to get 1 from amazon
cokelatpanda
post Sep 4 2012, 07:19 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

Direct thru us postal service. no ups, fedex, dhl whatsoever.
arthurlwf
post Sep 5 2012, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,534 posts

For Medela Pump in Style,
Amazon cost about RM 793 (USD 254.99)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url...a+Pump+in+Style

eBay US cost about RM 933 (USD 299.99)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_TopRated...ItemCondition=3

eBay MY cost between RM 1,099.00 - 1,360.00
http://www.ebay.com.my/sch/i.html?rt=nc&LH...d=p3286.c0.m282

Outlets in KL sell between RM 1400 - 1600

Amazon is the cheapest.
eBay US is expensive by RM 140
eBay MY is expensive by RM 306 - 567
Outlets in KL is expensive by RM 607 - 807

Gosh... the outlets in KL is very expensive !!!
leoluv
post Sep 10 2012, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(geng_m @ Aug 24 2012, 05:59 PM)
found Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump much more cheaper than Medela FS. Any satisfied user here? Is it good? I'm also concerned if it is light and not bulky to carry as I intend to BP at work. And also if it's quiet. your feedback is highly appreciated. thanks!
I've been using Pigeon Silent Electrical Breastpump sfter i'm back at work~ No one's knows while I was pumping publicly as it has a silent motor. Satisfied ^^
mikanico
post Sep 13 2012, 09:35 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Sep 4 2012, 02:07 PM)
I wonder if I buy Medela freestyle from ebay or amazon will I be taxed? How much you guys managed to get from ebay or amazon including shipping?
Or you may buy medela freestyle locally @ RM1,350 exactly like what you'll get from ebay or amazon.
There's an option to get shop warranty of 12 months for additional RM100

tammy
post Sep 14 2012, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

What is the diff btw medela freestyle and in style?
blanket84
post Sep 16 2012, 09:17 AM

Regular
1,088 posts

QUOTE(mikanico @ Sep 13 2012, 09:35 AM)
Or you may buy medela freestyle locally @ RM1,350 exactly like what you'll get from ebay or amazon.
There's an option to get shop warranty of 12 months for additional RM100
You can get them from ebay or amazon at price below rm1k..
mikanico
post Sep 24 2012, 04:09 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Sep 16 2012, 09:17 AM)
You can get them from ebay or amazon at price below rm1k..
Really? how? include shipping below RM1k?

I only manage to get from eBay Malaysia lowest @ RM1,299
http://www.ebay.com.my/sch/livelytext/m.html

This post has been edited by mikanico: Oct 24 2012, 10:35 AM
KohSin
post Nov 10 2012, 12:14 PM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(MPA @ Mar 5 2012, 01:57 AM)
I bought First Year miPump during Motherhood Expo last year, RM299.94 (40% off market price), electric dual pump with unique handle (electric or battery-operated), allowing me to double pump with only one hand. Compared to others dual breastpumps such as Avent and Medela, it's value in money. I can surf forum online while expressing breastmilk, killing 2 birds in one stone.
user posted image

Comparison:
user posted image

I used Avent manual single during my first baby. It's relatively time-consuming and my hand really sore at the end of pumping. For the peace of mind and time-saving reason, I gave First Year miPump a try and luckily it did not disappoint me.  smile.gif
Hi,

can i know wats the feedback from using this pump? i saw it too....cheaper compared to avent n others........so i m wondering........how good is it? can share the experience?
MPA
post Nov 11 2012, 01:24 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(KohSin @ Nov 10 2012, 11:14 AM)
Hi,

can i know wats the feedback from using this pump? i saw it too....cheaper compared to avent n others........so i m wondering........how good is it? can share the experience?
For me, it done the job equally well, just that it's more bulkier (not a concern for me, as I'm not a heavy traveller) wink.gif
KohSin
post Nov 11 2012, 10:51 AM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(MPA @ Nov 11 2012, 01:24 AM)
For me, it done the job equally well, just that it's more bulkier (not a concern for me, as I'm not a heavy traveller) wink.gif
Oo....will it be painful during the suction? I got a fren complaint tat during the suction it hurts a bit....make me so scared....
arthurlwf
post Nov 11 2012, 11:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,534 posts

QUOTE(cokelatpanda @ Mar 7 2012, 10:54 AM)
anybody here with ameda purely yours carry all? Comment plz...
Currently there is a big discount on Medela's appointed Malaysia distributor for the month of Nov..

http://incomingincomingbaby.blogspot.com/2...-milk-pump.html
komkamkia
post Nov 11 2012, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(MPA @ Nov 11 2012, 01:24 AM)
can we easily get the accessories at malaysia? i mean if the silicon breast shield if broken
NewMomKelly
post Jan 4 2013, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

HI , I'm selling my medela breast pump (PISA) , used for 1 yr , good condition , any interested buyer , pls contact my mobile 012 377 2881 . Thanks
Attached Image
rockdaman
post Jan 4 2013, 12:05 PM

Casual
357 posts

my wife is using spectra 3 but after pumping for certain time the plastic breast shield always sweat which caused the flowing slower. any idea how to solve?
Burger2
post Jan 16 2013, 10:07 AM

15 posts

Hi all,

I am selling my MEDELA MINI ELECTRIC BREASTPUMP, used for less than 2 months, in an excellent condition and is still under 4 months warranty. Please PM me if you are interested smile.gif

Thank you.

This post has been edited by Burger2: Jan 16 2013, 10:07 AM
candyheng
post Jan 17 2013, 01:27 PM

20 posts

medela Swing i use. so far so good smile.gif
rockdaman
post Jan 21 2013, 10:34 AM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(candyheng @ Jan 17 2013, 01:27 PM)
how much u bought and where?
kokhoe8
post Feb 2 2013, 07:42 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Hi everyone,

Just to let everyone know i am selling a slightly used set (less than 5 times) of medela freestyle and Japlo set.

Thanks
dark_tern
post Feb 7 2013, 07:42 AM

10 posts

pm the best price plz.
very interesting to buy..

QUOTE(candyheng @ Jan 17 2013, 01:27 PM)
fundragon
post Feb 7 2013, 11:57 AM

2 posts

helo, using Medela PISA. currently have another new set, please PM me if interested, letting go with 1 year warranty
childish_gal81
post Feb 8 2013, 09:15 AM

Casual
308 posts

medela swing and medela pisa, which one is better?
So far, I found Medela Swing at [email protected] for Rm 799.
Syd G
post Feb 8 2013, 10:25 AM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,014 posts

Depends... if you're planning to travel with your pump then Swing is better.
childish_gal81
post Mar 13 2013, 05:59 PM

Casual
308 posts

Hi,

I read a complain in Medela Malaysia FB, stating the new Personal Fit breastshield will cause the nipples to bleed and pain?
Issit true?

I plan to get their Swing Maxi.
anyone can advice?
crave4craft
post Mar 16 2013, 12:27 PM

2 posts

i'm planning to get the swing maxi too...
currently saw the package is rm1499 plus free citystyle ba + breast pad

periwater
post Mar 16 2013, 02:32 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(childish_gal81 @ Mar 13 2013, 05:59 PM)
Hi,

I read a complain in Medela Malaysia FB, stating the new Personal Fit breastshield will cause the nipples to bleed and pain?
Issit true?

I plan to get their Swing Maxi.
anyone can advice?
Not too sure if it is a single independent case but so far, I have no issue with any Medela products. I changed the breast shield last December.
childish_gal81
post Mar 16 2013, 07:19 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(periwater @ Mar 16 2013, 02:32 PM)
Not too sure if it is a single independent case but so far, I have no issue with any Medela products. I changed the breast shield last December.
Thanks for the reply..so you using their personal fit breast shield too? Seems like its just happen to her as I have couple friend using aso no complain..
laparcute
post Mar 17 2013, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

started to breastfeed since 2007. my choice always be avent manual. tried medela harmony in 2009, but for my latest baby, i opt avent manual again.

a bit tiring but my body just dont clique with electric/battery operated pump.
breaker84
post Mar 17 2013, 05:35 PM

\\//\\//\\//\\//
1,696 posts

i just want to share, find the one with some massage function...
usually use it just before you pump..

i know a lot of popular brand, but some pricey...

there a several new brand that so popular but got a lot of function...

avoid Pureen....

cant use it too long, it will hot, plus some friend use it for 4~5 times then out...
childish_gal81
post Mar 18 2013, 09:32 AM

Casual
308 posts

Oh thanks for the info..medela have massage function?
low yat 82
post Mar 18 2013, 11:18 AM

tried to b vegan, but never success :P
3,955 posts

QUOTE(childish_gal81 @ Mar 18 2013, 09:32 AM)
Oh thanks for the info..medela have massage function?
got... my wife jus bought it... it cost rm1,7xx...... sweat.gif
childish_gal81
post Mar 18 2013, 11:23 AM

Casual
308 posts

oh great!! hehehe..good good..
17xx should be freestyle..I plan to get the swing maxi..
XeLLisCompleX
post Mar 18 2013, 02:43 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

wow, all is very pricy, can someone recommend me a budget one.
childish_gal81
post Mar 18 2013, 03:02 PM

Casual
308 posts

what is ur budget? plan to go for manual or auto?
sch
post Mar 19 2013, 11:41 PM

4 posts

medela is good.. mine is passed down from my family, i'm the 3rd user.. still working..
and go for double pump if possible, free ur hand and save time.
Dragon_Boy
post Mar 20 2013, 05:02 PM

26 posts

first time asking here, i bought my waifu Madela harmony manual...
when she pump, if lucky around 1-2 oz...
sometimes half oz only

wanna ask, if use electric pump, will the milk increase?
i mean does electrical pump perform better than manual?

if better, provide me real life experience of your own...please
periwater
post Mar 23 2013, 01:38 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(childish_gal81 @ Mar 16 2013, 07:19 PM)
Thanks for the reply..so you using their personal fit breast shield too? Seems like its just happen to her as I have couple friend using aso no complain..
QUOTE(childish_gal81 @ Mar 18 2013, 11:23 AM)
oh great!! hehehe..good good..
17xx should be freestyle..I plan to get the swing maxi..
Yup, I'm using the personal breast shield. Btw I'm using Medela Swing which has massage function As well.smile.gif
jaer
post Apr 4 2013, 11:48 AM

32 posts

hi ,i wanted to buy a set of breast pump for my wife,our 1st baby deliver on november..

it is ok i buy for her birthday present this mid april..

can keep it 1st?

any can suggest me breast electric/manual pump

my budget around 600-1000 MYR

This post has been edited by jaer: Apr 4 2013, 01:26 PM
childish_gal81
post Apr 4 2013, 11:52 AM

Casual
308 posts

I bought the electric one, they said save time..not too sure..havent start to use it though..
I get the medela swing maxi - dual pump
Art5544332211
post Apr 5 2013, 01:13 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(Dragon_Boy @ Mar 20 2013, 05:02 PM)
first time asking here, i bought my waifu Madela harmony manual...
when she pump, if lucky around 1-2 oz...
sometimes half oz only
wanna ask, if use electric pump, will the milk increase?
i mean does electrical pump perform better than manual?

if better, provide me real life experience of your own...please
My wife uses Medela PISA and she can free her both hand to play games/read/watch movie on iPad icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
As to increase milk, it's best to let baby suckle more often and drink some tea that can stimulate milk production... but be warn, once ya wife milk production increases a lot, then ya wife will may have some discomfort due to engorgement.

This post has been edited by Art5544332211: Apr 5 2013, 01:13 AM
irwan6179
post Sep 13 2013, 05:57 PM

Regular
1,007 posts

Hi all, just wanna share my journey to buy a new breastpump for my wife. Before this, we already bought single electric pump from Japlo. We bought it at RM150(but you can find for RM130 at some stores). Don't be fooled by its price, Japlo does its job nicely. It has 2 layers suction cup that not only sucks on vacuum, but by physical pressure of the inner layer of the suction cup. It's slightly noisy but it does its job well. We are going to keep this as a backup pump.

After we confirmed that the milk supply is good, we are going to upgrade to double pump to save time. The first brand that I though is Medela, either the Swing Maxi or Freestyle. But I went to a lot of online reviews like in Amazon UK and US, the review over there is a combination of good and bad. Some swear they were good, some not. So I don't want to spend that much money for something that is 50/50.

After much research, we went for S2:

user posted image

Exterior:
The first time I saw S2, I was like wow, finally a good design from Spectra. I was previously more inclined to Dew 350, but I thought the design was silly. The design for S2 is very purposeful. It has handle that double up as nightlight, bottle stander at the back and high quality plastic that's easy to the eyes and touch. It's a bit larger than Dew350 but weight around the same. To me, it's okay if it's bit bulkier because my wife is going to leave the pump in her office. At home, we can either breastfeed or use the Japlo.

user posted image
Operation:
It has more button than Freestyle and Dew350. That's because you can configure the frequency and the vacuum level. There are two phase of expression, just like Medela's. The first one, which is quicker but milder suction phase is supposed to massage and prepare the breast for 'let-down' phase. After the milk start to flow, you have to manually change to 'let-down' phase which is much stronger and less frequent. At this phase, you may adjust the frequency and vacuum level(in massage phase, you can only set vacuum level). The suction on S2 is very smooth. Smoother than Freestyle, but of course, Dew350 is the best which is piston-based.

One thing that I dislike about S2 is that after you turn off after use, it doesn't goes back to massage phase. So you have to manually change its phase right after you turn on next time. What we do is, we turn back into massage phase, after you finish with the expressing.

user posted image
Noise level:
S2 is very quiet due to noise insulation layer inside the case. It doesn't sound too frog-like compared to Medela freestyle. S2 sounds much more controlled and there is a sounds of air released for each round. I find it quite relaxing. Something like errrrg-psst errrrg-psst

Here's the youtube video to show noise comparison.

note: if you notice the noise for each suction on S2, it's not there in actual operation. Maybe because it's not attached to breast.

In conclusion, I think S2 is the best buy at RM620(i bought from lelong.com). I think you may also want to consider Dew350 at RM465++.

This post has been edited by irwan6179: Sep 13 2013, 05:58 PM
milky
post Sep 14 2013, 07:42 PM

- King -
4,735 posts

QUOTE(irwan6179 @ Sep 13 2013, 05:57 PM)
Hi all, just wanna share my journey to buy a new breastpump for my wife. Before this, we already bought single electric pump from Japlo. We bought it at RM150(but you can find for RM130 at some stores). Don't be fooled by its price, Japlo does its job nicely. It has 2 layers suction cup that not only sucks on vacuum, but by physical pressure of the inner layer of the suction cup. It's slightly noisy but it does its job well. We are going to keep this as a backup pump.

After we confirmed that the milk supply is good, we are going to upgrade to double pump to save time. The first brand that I though is Medela, either the Swing Maxi or Freestyle. But I went to a lot of online reviews like in Amazon UK and US, the review over there is a combination of good and bad. Some swear they were good, some not. So I don't want to spend that much money for something that is 50/50.

After much research, we went for S2:

user posted image

Exterior:
The first time I saw S2, I was like wow, finally a good design from Spectra. I was previously more inclined to Dew 350, but I thought the design was silly. The design for S2 is very purposeful. It has handle that double up as nightlight, bottle stander at the back and high quality plastic that's easy to the eyes and touch. It's a bit larger than Dew350 but weight around the same. To me, it's okay if it's bit bulkier because my wife is going to leave the pump in her office. At home, we can either breastfeed or use the Japlo.

user posted image
Operation:
It has more button than Freestyle and Dew350. That's because you can configure the frequency and the vacuum level. There are two phase of expression, just like Medela's. The first one, which is quicker but milder suction phase is supposed to massage and prepare the breast for 'let-down' phase. After the milk start to flow, you have to manually change to 'let-down' phase which is much stronger and less frequent. At this phase, you may adjust the frequency and vacuum level(in massage phase, you can only set vacuum level). The suction on S2 is very smooth. Smoother than Freestyle, but of course, Dew350 is the best which is piston-based.

One thing that I dislike about S2 is that after you turn off after use, it doesn't goes back to massage phase. So you have to manually change its phase right after you turn on next time. What we do is, we turn back into massage phase, after you finish with the expressing.

user posted image
Noise level:
S2 is very quiet due to noise insulation layer inside the case. It doesn't sound too frog-like compared to Medela freestyle. S2 sounds much more controlled and there is a sounds of air released for each round. I find it quite relaxing. Something like errrrg-psst errrrg-psst

Here's the youtube video to show noise comparison.

note: if you notice the noise for each suction on S2, it's not there in actual operation. Maybe because it's not attached to breast.

In conclusion, I think S2 is the best buy at RM620(i bought from lelong.com). I think you may also want to consider Dew350 at RM465++.
OT: can you recommend the seller on lelong?
milky
post Sep 14 2013, 07:52 PM

- King -
4,735 posts

guys between medela and spectra s2 which one is good?
irwan6179
post Sep 15 2013, 06:36 PM

Regular
1,007 posts

QUOTE(milky @ Sep 14 2013, 07:42 PM)
OT: can you recommend the seller on lelong?
Got it from here: http://www.lelong.com.my/spectra-s2-hospit...4-08-Sale-P.htm

LittleWhiz also got: www.littlewhiz.com/pd-spectra-spectra-s2-electric-breastpump.cfm

milky
post Sep 15 2013, 10:04 PM

- King -
4,735 posts

QUOTE(irwan6179 @ Sep 15 2013, 06:36 PM)
Got it from here: http://www.lelong.com.my/spectra-s2-hospit...4-08-Sale-P.htm

LittleWhiz also got: www.littlewhiz.com/pd-spectra-spectra-s2-electric-breastpump.cfm
ohhh.. thanks.. today went to Onebabyworld @ tmn permaisuri also same price.. but they said will have some package promo next early month
tkwfriend
post Sep 15 2013, 11:43 PM

I always doubt and always something goes wrong
1,683 posts

medela currently having offer RM1288 in bangsar UOA. i just bought mine performance extremely good, from 1 oz to 5 oz,
but please drink more sup such as green papaya and fish head will help to increase milk volum
AjiAjo
post Nov 18 2014, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

Hi. .. I am currently 6 months pregnant..
Still hesitate on which breast pump model to choose.

Looking for double breast pump, working on both electric and battery. Medela freestyle or Spectra S1?
What about the shield that comes together with the bump?
Should I wait until near delivery to purchase a pump as by then will know the shield size?

Amanda85
post Nov 25 2014, 05:23 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(AjiAjo @ Nov 18 2014, 11:02 PM)
Hi. .. I am currently 6 months pregnant..
Still hesitate on which breast pump model to choose.

Looking for double breast pump, working on both electric and battery. Medela freestyle or Spectra S1?
What about the shield that comes together with the bump?
Should I wait until near delivery to purchase a pump as by then will know the shield size?
breastpumps are so expensive. i would definitely wait until i deliver and start breastfeeding and see how it goes before i invest on a good pump.

i bought a cheap pigeon pump when i was pregnant because i'm not sure how long i plan to breastfeed (or if i even have milk). after i get the hang of it and decided to continue after i resume working, i bought spectra m1. the sales person told me the pump comes with standard flanges size. if i want another size, i have to find out from the distributor on the availability. but luckily, the standard one fits me just fine.
psychicd
post Nov 25 2014, 05:31 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

the new spectra backflow is very fragile..my wife m1 already replaced twice..price is RM50 with postage for for that spare part..
BabySusan
post Nov 26 2014, 11:16 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(qarezma @ Apr 4 2011, 10:29 AM)
Dear BF-successful moms, pls suggest/discuss good, effective and reasonable priced BP.. i am planning to buy one in the next 4 months (before my delivery).
I recommend Spectra as well! You can get it cheapest at www.babydash.com.my

AjiAjo
post Nov 26 2014, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(Amanda85 @ Nov 25 2014, 05:23 PM)
breastpumps are so expensive. i would definitely wait until i deliver and start breastfeeding and see how it goes before i invest on a good pump.

i bought a cheap pigeon pump when i was pregnant because i'm not sure how long i plan to breastfeed (or if i even have milk). after i get the hang of it and decided to continue after i resume working, i bought spectra m1. the sales person told me the pump comes with standard flanges size. if i want another size, i have to find out from the distributor on the availability. but luckily, the standard one fits me just fine.
Thank you Amanda85. Yes. The pump these days does not come cheap.
A lot of my friends recommend Medela freestyle and encourage me to invest in one if insist on breast feeding.

However, after my research from the website, it seems Spectra S-series has a better review and it comes with relatively low price.
But I have not come across any Spectra user who can share their experience with Spectra.

Anyone here?
Appreciate if you have experience on both medela and spectra.
Please share your experience on the cost of parts, portability, convenience etc.
Thank you very much.

Aji.

~*pepper*~
post Nov 28 2014, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

using Autumnz double pump <rm400
so far good I guess, not much yield but I'm not sure if its the pump or what, I think that's all the milk I have LOL.
do remove the silicon cover on the pump, makes it very painful to remove the pump head from breast.

Amanda85
post Nov 28 2014, 02:45 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(AjiAjo @ Nov 26 2014, 09:06 PM)
Thank you Amanda85. Yes. The pump these days does not come cheap.
A lot of my friends recommend Medela freestyle and encourage me to invest in one if insist on breast feeding.

However, after my research from the website, it seems Spectra S-series has a better review and it comes with relatively low price.
But I have not come across any Spectra user who can share their experience with Spectra.

Anyone here?
Appreciate if you have experience on both medela and spectra.
Please share your experience on the cost of parts, portability, convenience etc.
Thank you very much.

Aji.
i did alot of research too before i decided to buy. here are some that i read

http://the-after-i-do.blogspot.sg/2014/04/...spectra-m1.html

http://mama2baby.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/...the-spectra-m1/

https://mummylilthought.wordpress.com/2014/...p_reviews_blog/

https://mummylilthought.wordpress.com/2014/...-vs-spectra-s1/

I've not use medela myself. but what i like from spectra m1 is the small size and low noise level. i can pack my pump, ice pack and bottles in just one cooler bag. as i pump in a small surau, the noise is pretty low, definitely more quiet than the fan. best of all, only 2 part to wash. the shield and bottle! so far, i have no problem with the backflow. i've used it for only 2 months, durability wise, still have to wait and see.
AjiAjo
post Nov 30 2014, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

On the other hand, when I am considering a manual breast bump. Avent is the only brand pop up in my mind. To make thing simple (I thought), I just opt for one Avent manual breast pump.

Unfortunately, I found out that there are a few model of Avent manual breast bump. yawn.gif What is the different?

I cannot even find the different from Avent website. sad.gif

http://www.myaventstore.com/compare.php?96/30/29

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
cmk96
post Nov 30 2014, 06:00 PM

Regular
1,812 posts

QUOTE(AjiAjo @ Nov 30 2014, 05:40 PM)
On the other hand, when I am considering a manual breast bump. Avent is the only brand pop up in my mind. To make thing simple (I thought),  I just opt for one Avent manual breast pump.

Unfortunately, I found out that there are a few model of Avent manual breast bump. yawn.gif What is the different?

u will regret buying a manual... coz your hands will go tired everyday... go for electric pump... u wont regret.

i bought a manual before... used it less than 3 days... fully regret it... your wife sure will complaint tired.
Amanda85
post Dec 1 2014, 12:00 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

if you are a stay at home mum that mostly bf directly, you can go for a manual pump since u will only use it occasionally. but if you are working, it will take you forever to pump both breast.

i use my pigeon electric pump during my confinement which consider partially manual, because i still need to press the level softly to initiate the suction. i have a seriously case of sore hand too. i run to buy myself the the fully automated one after i can finally allowed to leave my house.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Dec 1 2014, 12:04 PM
hanishoney
post Dec 4 2014, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

Factors to consider in choosing your pump:

How often and how long will you be pumping? To me, manual pump is a waste of money. Hand expressing is actually more effective than manual pump, and cheaper! Since the first month, you should just latch latch latch, that gives you a whole month to practice expressing by hand and IF expressing by hand doesn't work by the end of that first month, THEN only you buy manual pump. Click here for my favourite hand expressing video.

It took me about two weeks of trying every day to get the milk to come out by hand expression. When I first started, I just practiced getting the milk out. I practiced in the shower until my arm was sore, and then stop. I repeat only once a day. One day, it just shoot out! Only when I could make the milk shoot out from every angle of the breast 360degree, then only I practice to collect the milk. Hand expressing is soooooo useful and so convenient. I just keep a clean bottle in my car, in my handbag. Any emergency, I just wash my hands and express. I never have to worry about what if I forgot my pump! Even if I forgot the bottle, I just go to a baby shop or baby section of dept store and buy milk bags. Can pump straight in without washing.

However, if you're planning to go back to work full time, or you're going to be separated from your baby for more than 6 hours at a time, then you should definitely buy a double electric. To bf successfully, you should latch OR pump every 3 hours around the clock for the first 6 months. Let's say you're a typical working mum, so you're going to be separated from your baby for 8 hours + 1 hour commute between home and office. That's 9 hours separation, and that means 3x pumping.

When you're pumping, you should pump 20 minutes each breast. If you use a double pump, each session will be 20 minutes x 3 sessions, which means total amount of pumping at the office is 1 hour. If you use only a single pump, you have to do 20 minutes left breast than only 20 minutes right breast, meaning 40 minutes x 3 sessions! That's 2 hours of pumping at the office, not to mention that you'll be disappearing for 40 minutes 3x a day. Your boss will NOT be happy with you.

Double pump is about saving time. You HALVE the time of pumping with double pump, because you pump both breasts at the same time. If you buy a hands free bra, then you can pump AND do other things at the same time. (I liked to nap while pumping; the first 6 months of newborn baby, it was the only sleep time I got!)

Where will you be pumping? Will you have a plug point? If you have a plug point, then you don't need rechargeable battery types, which are more expensive. Will you be pumping in your car? Then you need a pump where you can buy the car charger addition, or consider rechargeable battery types. Will you be carrying the pump around? Then you want to consider a lightweight pump. Heavier, bigger pumps that you can just leave in the office would have better suction so you can pump more milk in less time, if you're just pumping at the office. Will you be pumping in the middle of the office with everyone around you? You may want to make sure that your pump is as quiet as possible. Some pumps can be very loud and embarassing, but no pump is completely silent. I once entered an elevator while pumping. It was a very quiet pump, and normally no one can hear it, but in an enclosed elevator that echoes, the people sharing the elevator with me heard the pump and freaked out a bit by the weird noise echoing so quietly.

How long do you intend to use it for? Are you planning to have multiple children? Do you plan to re-use the pump for second and third and fourth child? Then make sure you know where to send the pump for servicing and how easy/affordable servicing will be. You will need to send the pump for servicing at least, if not more often, every time you get pregnant with a new baby. Malaysian Medela service center no longer services US-bought pumps at all. Medela pumps bought from US are for 1-baby use only. They say it in their manuals, on their website, etc. If you're only using for one baby, then you might really be saving by buying US medela pump, but if you want to use for even two babies, you might as well just buy the more expensive version. Spending RM200 more is cheaper than having to buy a completely new pump when you're pregnant again because your USA pump refused to work (personal experience).

Also if you live far away from the service center, will it be expensive to ship to the service center? Or will the shop you buy it from pay for the shipping? What will you pump with while your main pump is away? How long is warranty?

Do you plan to buy second hand from a stranger or re-sell your pump after you're done? If you do, then consider avoiding medela, avent and other brands with open-pump system. Open-pump system means that the pump itself is not protected from the user. It is possible that any infections of the previous user can pass to the new user AND HER BABY through open-pump systems. There is no evidence that any infections/diseases have been acquired through breast pumps though, so if you wish to take the risk to yourself and your babies, or risk infecting other people's babies, that is up to you. I just tell you what is known. If you don't want to take this risk, look for closed-pump systems.

Lowyat's previous breastpump thread

This post has been edited by hanishoney: Jun 30 2015, 01:14 PM
supersound
post Dec 4 2014, 11:48 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(AjiAjo @ Nov 30 2014, 05:40 PM)
On the other hand, when I am considering a manual breast bump. Avent is the only brand pop up in my mind. To make thing simple (I thought),  I just opt for one Avent manual breast pump.

I just bought the cheapest, no need to headache on this. What you need to headache more is baby's health.

QUOTE(cmk96 @ Nov 30 2014, 06:00 PM)
u will regret buying a manual... coz your hands will go tired everyday... go for electric pump... u wont regret.

i bought a manual before... used it less than 3 days... fully regret it... your wife sure will complaint tired.
Not really, if you BF exclusively, motor pump is waste of money. And if you use pump too much, the milk production will go to minimum and stop after few months.

cmk96
post Dec 5 2014, 10:05 AM

Regular
1,812 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Dec 4 2014, 11:48 PM)
I just bought the cheapest, no need to headache on this. What you need to headache more is baby's health.
Not really, if you BF exclusively, motor pump is waste of money. And if you use pump too much, the milk production will go to minimum and stop after few months.
My wife hv been 6 mths now using electric breast pump...no more complaint tired hands... no issue of milk getting less... unless your wife is there 24 hrs with the baby... if working, sure need to pump out the milk for storage.
supersound
post Dec 5 2014, 10:07 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(cmk96 @ Dec 5 2014, 10:05 AM)
My wife hv been 6 mths now using electric breast pump...no more complaint tired hands... no issue of milk getting less... unless your wife is there 24 hrs with the baby... if working, sure need to pump out the milk for storage.
My wife also have to work, but I already asking her to retire early. Baby's health are more important. The relationship between mother and son are very important.
BTW, pumping using manual can train our hand and preventing numbness.
Unless your wife spending too much time on tabs and touch screen phones.

This post has been edited by supersound: Dec 5 2014, 10:11 AM
cmk96
post Dec 5 2014, 10:19 AM

Regular
1,812 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Dec 5 2014, 10:07 AM)
My wife also have to work, but I already asking her to retire early. Baby's health are more important. The relationship between mother and son are very important.
BTW, pumping using manual can train our hand and preventing numbness.
Unless your wife spending too much time on tabs and touch screen phones.
use breast pump doesn't mean never direct breast feed... ppl normally direct breast feed in the morning and night.... office hour how to breast feed bro? can tahan 10 hours without pump out the milk ? maybe your wife milk is very less... no need pump out la.
supersound
post Dec 5 2014, 10:22 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(cmk96 @ Dec 5 2014, 10:19 AM)
use breast pump doesn't mean never direct breast feed... ppl normally direct breast feed in the morning and night.... office hour how to breast feed bro? can tahan 10 hours without pump out the milk ? maybe your wife milk is very less... no need pump out la.
Sorry brother, my wife's milk generation are a lot but we still choose to use manual hand pump mainly the pump design are not that good. Can spoil very fast, even the shop owners says the same.
rachel9966
post Dec 5 2014, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Dec 4 2014, 11:48 PM)
first time i hear use breast pump can minimise milk production. who told you?
supersound
post Dec 5 2014, 10:26 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(rachel9966 @ Dec 5 2014, 10:25 AM)
first time i hear use breast pump can minimise milk production. who told you?
General hospital's nurse.
cmk96
post Dec 5 2014, 10:29 AM

Regular
1,812 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Dec 5 2014, 10:22 AM)
Sorry brother, my wife's milk generation are a lot but we still choose to use manual hand pump mainly the pump design are not that good. Can spoil very fast, even the shop owners says the same.
its ok if u prefer manual... no issue... spoilt or not... see what brand la... so far mine no problem.
rachel9966
post Dec 5 2014, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Dec 5 2014, 10:26 AM)
General hospital's nurse.
milk more or less. depends on many factors. primarily its the food you eat. must be nutritious. everyday nasi lemak, roti canai sure not enough.

i dun think breast pump effects milk reproduction. my fren direct breast feed also very less milk. less than 1 mth. no more milk. never use breast pump.

electric breast pump hv many mode u can control (if u buy branded la), soft, medium and strong mode of suction.

one of my colleague just delivered 2 mths ago. just came to work.she also use electric pump. during lunch time.

supersound
post Dec 5 2014, 10:50 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(rachel9966 @ Dec 5 2014, 10:41 AM)
milk more or less. depends on many factors. primarily its the food you eat. must be nutritious. everyday nasi lemak, roti canai sure not enough.

i dun think breast pump effects milk reproduction. my fren direct breast feed also very less milk. less than 1 mth. no more milk. never use breast pump.

electric breast pump hv many mode u can control (if u buy branded la), soft, medium and strong mode of suction.

one of my colleague just delivered 2 mths ago. just came to work.she also use electric pump. during lunch time.
Hormone is the main factor, using pump will greatly affect this.
vandoren
post Dec 9 2014, 11:30 AM

Casual
488 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Dec 5 2014, 10:50 AM)
Hormone is the main factor, using pump will greatly affect this.
Hi, I think you are new parents and have lack of knowledge in breast feeding and breast pump.
Please join the breastfeeding advocates network(TBAN) in facebook to learn more info from there.

Do you know there are mummies who fully use breast pump from day 1 and able to feed their toddler > 2 year old?
My baby don't want direct latch after he turn 1, and I continue pump till I pregnant again... ( I fully breastfeed him till 1 year old, then only slowly introduce fresh milk, cheese and yogurt)

There's no short cut in breast feeding journey and it need great support from your love one.
I appreciate my husband support me in breast feeding journey by helping to look after baby, help on house chores and washing pump parts.

This post has been edited by vandoren: Dec 9 2014, 11:34 AM
supersound
post Dec 9 2014, 03:32 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(vandoren @ Dec 9 2014, 11:30 AM)
Hi, I think you are new parents and have lack of knowledge in breast feeding and breast pump.
Please join the breastfeeding advocates network(TBAN) in facebook to learn more info from there.

Do you know there are mummies who fully use breast pump from day 1 and able to feed their toddler > 2 year old?
My baby don't want direct latch after he turn 1, and I continue pump till I pregnant again... ( I fully breastfeed him till 1 year old, then only slowly introduce fresh milk, cheese and yogurt)

There's no short cut in breast feeding journey and it need great support from your love one.
I appreciate my husband support me in breast feeding journey by helping to look after baby, help on house chores and washing pump parts.
What ever, not my problem anymore since my wife got no milk already, thanks to my mother in law and the stupid confinement lady's advise cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
Kampfer
post Dec 17 2014, 01:46 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

Agree there's no shortcut . Everyone journey is not the same. Bf needs positive and moral support from family. Not only a mother problem and issue. I really salute those husband very persistent help their wife to hv successful breast feed.

Amanda85
post Dec 18 2014, 04:12 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

i am one of those mum who don't like letting my baby latch. i'm selfish i know. but breastfeeding is not flower and roses like some ppl said.

i only let her the latch over the weekend. on weekdays i pump 6x a day. it doesn't affect my production. i even had a freezer full of milk, which i don't know when to use.

and i second on that benefits of hand expression. totally works and can empty my breast better than the baby and the pump.
wateverjunk
post Mar 17 2015, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Anyone knows where to get a voltage converter as my cousin passed me a medela pump from US. Also, where is a good place to buy medela parts?
dp82
post Mar 19 2015, 10:27 PM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(wateverjunk @ Mar 17 2015, 05:21 PM)
Anyone knows where to get a voltage converter as my cousin passed me a medela pump from US. Also, where is a good place to buy medela parts?
U can get it fr Mendela at PJ. Somewhere near Jln222, Federal Highway. Try google d address.
carmenlkm
post Feb 24 2016, 02:50 PM

24 posts

anyone using philips avent comfort double electric breast pump?
craftsnknots
post Feb 25 2016, 10:26 AM

On my way
577 posts

QUOTE(carmenlkm @ Feb 24 2016, 03:50 PM)
anyone using philips avent comfort double electric breast pump?
My office mate is using it..we find it noisy and not as efficient..I'm using Spectra S1..it is bulkier but suction is so much better and my friend who change from phlips avent double breast pump finds it more efficient too
lowyat101
post Feb 25 2016, 04:00 PM

On my way
674 posts

I'm currently surveying for this as well. Was planning to buy the Spectra M1 online due to quite a lot of +ve reviews, but was told by some friends that it's better to go and test it out at the shop first as certain pumps might be more suitable for certain people.

What's your opinion about this?

This post has been edited by lowyat101: Feb 25 2016, 04:02 PM
reamer
post Mar 20 2016, 09:47 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Feb 25 2016, 10:26 AM)
My office mate is using it..we find it noisy and not as efficient..I'm using Spectra S1..it is bulkier but suction is so much better and my friend who change from phlips avent double breast pump finds it more efficient too
Hello, may I know can Spectra S1 directly pump into Avent Natural Bottle?
monkeyengineer
post Mar 21 2016, 12:06 PM

2 posts

Hello parents,

I know my reply will be out of place here. But really need your help thou.

I'm helping to recruit participants for a focus group discussion. In particular, we're looking for couples of non-Malay[U] descent (we already did a few groups with Malay participants), with one or more young children. Said couple would have to have at least 1 child between the ages of 1-3, to participate in a group discussion which will last around 45 - 60 minutes. Parents (or parent) can bring their children along as there will be a babysitter on hand. The cash reward for participation is RM 100/person. Do help out by participating or passing the word around. The session will be held in my office in PJ, timing is yet to be determined but will depend on the needs of the majority but will be sometime in the next 2 weeks.

This is legit.

Best regards.
Amanda85
post Mar 23 2016, 01:43 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(lowyat101 @ Feb 25 2016, 04:00 PM)
I'm currently surveying for this as well. Was planning to buy the Spectra M1 online due to quite a lot of +ve reviews, but was told by some friends that it's better to go and test it out at the shop first as certain pumps might be more suitable for certain people.

What's your opinion about this?
I used Spectra M1. I like that is small, portable, chargeable and quiet. No backflow problem and easy to wash, as there are less parts.
Syd G
post Mar 23 2016, 05:19 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,014 posts

I'm currently using Autumnz Serene - it's a Medela freestyle copycat. I used Medela FS for my first baby.

Costs less than RM500, it's quieter and lighter as well. No backflow, parts can take out easily. Can change battery. Would recommend this to those who has no pumps yet.
yean1208
post Apr 11 2016, 02:30 PM

17 posts

Hi is any mummies here using Tiny Touch breast pump?
carmenlkm
post Apr 11 2016, 04:45 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(Amanda85 @ Mar 23 2016, 01:43 PM)
I used Spectra M1. I like that is small, portable, chargeable and quiet. No backflow problem and easy to wash, as there are less parts.
amanda85, is spectra M1 double breast pump? I went to a shop and they told me is it single but can add on accessories to become double but suction will be slower.
hanishoney
post Apr 11 2016, 07:24 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(carmenlkm @ Apr 11 2016, 04:45 PM)
amanda85, is spectra M1 double breast pump? I went to a shop and they told me is it single but can add on accessories to become double but suction will be slower.
Spectra suction is very strong. So "lower" suction from a very strong suction is perfect fine.

I was using Medela Pump in Style Advanced, for my first born 4 years ago, at maximum suction. 4 years ago, PISA supposedly had the strongest suction in the market for non-hospital pumps. With Spectra M1 double, I'm using level 3 out of 5 levels.

What many people aren't aware of though is that to maintain the strong suction, you have to replace the valve often. The valve is about RM15-RM20 a piece, and I've had to replace a valve three times in 9 months of pumping to maintain the strong suction. I have a friend who replaced the Spectra valve with Medela's valve and she says it keeps the suction strength really well. But Medela's valve is more expensive upfront at about RM80 a pair although once you buy, you don't really have to replace the valve anymore. You might break warranty by using a different valve than Spectra's though.
Syd G
post Apr 11 2016, 08:11 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,014 posts

QUOTE(yean1208 @ Apr 11 2016, 02:30 PM)
Hi is any mummies here using Tiny Touch breast pump?
I dont but I've tried it at pumponthego.

The double pump with touch screen one is very light but it felt too plasticky for me.. like a toy that's easily broken hmm.gif
carmenlkm
post Apr 12 2016, 09:28 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(hanishoney @ Apr 11 2016, 07:24 PM)
Spectra suction is very strong. So "lower" suction from a very strong suction is perfect fine.

I was using Medela Pump in Style Advanced, for my first born 4 years ago, at maximum suction. 4 years ago, PISA supposedly had the strongest suction in the market for non-hospital pumps. With Spectra M1 double, I'm using level 3 out of 5 levels.

What many people aren't aware of though is that to maintain the strong suction, you have to replace the valve often. The valve is about RM15-RM20 a piece, and I've had to replace a valve three times in 9 months of pumping to maintain the strong suction. I have a friend who replaced the Spectra valve with Medela's valve and she says it keeps the suction strength really well. But Medela's valve is more expensive upfront at about RM80 a pair although once you buy, you don't really have to replace the valve anymore. You might break warranty by using a different valve than Spectra's though.
thanks for yr reply hanishoney. so means spectra suction is very strong so is ok to have slower suction. i am looking into buying spectra m1, am a first time mother here. i've read a lot about ppl changing to medela's valve for better suction too, guess just can do it after warranty period.
yean1208
post Apr 12 2016, 01:19 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Syd G @ Apr 11 2016, 08:11 PM)
I dont but I've tried it at pumponthego.

The double pump with touch screen one is very light but it felt too plasticky for me.. like a toy that's easily broken  hmm.gif
How bout the noise? dry.gif my office din have a room specifically for us to pump so i need to pump at my place, i need something with lesser noise...
Syd G
post Apr 12 2016, 02:35 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,014 posts

QUOTE(yean1208 @ Apr 12 2016, 01:19 PM)
How bout the noise? dry.gif  my office din have a room specifically for us to pump so i need to pump at my place, i need something with lesser noise...
Quite quiet. So can pump at table. The reason I bought the other pump was because of non-touch screen and build quality.
GamersFamilia
post Apr 17 2016, 09:02 AM

11k Single Forever Club
All Stars
11,121 posts

philips avent good or not ?
Syd G
post Apr 17 2016, 08:58 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,014 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Apr 17 2016, 09:02 AM)
philips avent good or not ?
Good but pricey.
GamersFamilia
post Apr 17 2016, 09:40 PM

11k Single Forever Club
All Stars
11,121 posts

QUOTE(Syd G @ Apr 17 2016, 08:58 PM)
Good but pricey.
any other brand that you can recommend ?
Syd G
post Apr 18 2016, 11:52 AM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,014 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Apr 17 2016, 09:40 PM)
any other brand that you can recommend ?
Depends on

1) Your budget (below RM300? below RM500? below RM700?) .. Medela freestyle can go up to almost RM2k.
2) Where will the pump be used - home vs office (if at home to supplement direct feeding then single pump will do)
3) Do u want portability or toughness (hospital grade pumps tend to be heavier)
4) Do u want the ability to convert to manual pump (in case battery runs out)

The rest are quite standard.... most pumps are really good nowadays compared to 6 years ago when I breastfed my first.

GamersFamilia
post Apr 18 2016, 12:21 PM

11k Single Forever Club
All Stars
11,121 posts

QUOTE(Syd G @ Apr 18 2016, 11:52 AM)
Depends on

1) Your budget (below RM300? below RM500? below RM700?) .. Medela freestyle can go up to almost RM2k.
2) Where will the pump be used - home vs office (if at home to supplement direct feeding then single pump will do)
3) Do u want portability or toughness (hospital grade pumps tend to be heavier)
4) Do u want the ability to convert to manual pump (in case battery runs out)

The rest are quite standard.... most pumps are really good nowadays compared to 6 years ago when I breastfed my first.
1. rm500 will do
2. home
3. yes prefer protability
4. yes able to convert to manual
yean1208
post Apr 19 2016, 10:46 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(Syd G @ Apr 12 2016, 02:35 PM)
Quite quiet. So can pump at table. The reason I bought the other pump was because of non-touch screen and build quality.
tqtq thumbup.gif
Amanda85
post Apr 19 2016, 11:07 AM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(carmenlkm @ Apr 11 2016, 04:45 PM)
I straight away bought the accessories and make it into double pump. So I don't know the difference in the suction level. But M1 suction was strong enough for me. As per others mentioned, there is 5 level, and I usually use level 3 only. Sometime will move to level 4 when the valve is worn out. I actually replace the valve about 6 months or so, as long as I didn't notice any drop in my production, I just let it be.
~mingwei~
post Apr 19 2016, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
126 posts

Hi breast pump user, you can use 3rd party power cable (USB connector) to power your breast pump thru a power bank. It so convenience that you don't have to look for a wall plug or rechargeable battery. You can now pump any where you want at anytime. Bought one for my wife and she's happy!
DeMuSiCian
post Apr 21 2016, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

vote for Spectra M1. Best pump ever with reasonable price smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1159sec    0.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th December 2020 - 04:25 PM