Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Did u all saw the UMNO building?, 4 side of the building macam TV

views

Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

inb4 PWTC built using money from awarding PLUS construction to renong.

http://www.tindakmalaysia.com/archive/index.php/t-1090.html

On 24 August 1987, Bapa Malaysia, Tunku Abdul Rahman had wrote in The Star that, “I consider it improper and irregular for a leading political party to make use of its power to amass wealth at the expense of other business ventures.”

On the 29 August 1987, PM Mahathir had this to reply to Tunku’s statement, “We agree…but who is going to pay the RM360 million for the UMNO complex?”

Added on April 2, 2011, 12:15 pmbtw as someone pointed it out, DBKL buildiing in Jln Raja Laut already had this feature since 2007.

What they do with their building is their own business, just as long as the electricity bill is paid from their own coffers.

Look at Pas building in Jln Raja Laut, very spartan and at nite almost no lites.

But Pas building would sure use some tenants on the ground floor, like small gerai selling food/books/etc.....

This post has been edited by Faidzal: Apr 2 2011, 12:15 PM
Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Firebourne @ Apr 2 2011, 11:42 AM)
I don't even see the purpose of political parties having buildings in the first place. sweat.gif
it depends.

Having own office is probably enough, somewhere to convene society meetings (exco meetings) and probably a small hall and a secretariat office.

but as I've written, PWTC (UMNO's HQ) was supposedly build using profits made from the privatisation of PLUS as hinted by the late Tunku Abdul Rahman in his column in The Star....

I heard somewhere that PWTC's huge maintenance bill is practically subsidised by the govt. via having lots of govt. (not party mind you, but actual govt.) meetings/seminars/congresses/conventions forced to be held there....

As if there a re no other suitable places to beheld including govt.'s own buildings (Matrade building, PICC etc.).
Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ Apr 2 2011, 12:22 PM)
At night got some prostitutes offering services nearby.
LOL, back when they 1st opened, Pas held open day/housewarming-like event and invite everyone nearby to come.

But to their credit Pas did not discriminate the people living there including the pros.....
Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(izzat003 @ Apr 2 2011, 12:22 PM)
ini unko(tahi in japan) baru
ok la ni nuke reactr dun wan but still wanna bazir. not kanser due to rafiation but due to carbon emissi
To me nuke reactor only feasible and required in Sabah because they have power supply probelm.

Also they hardcore Bn supporter and don't mind if kena songlap/shortchanged/nuke reactor meltdown....

Seen Fukushima lately?
Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(izzat003 @ Apr 2 2011, 12:49 PM)
saw quake 9richtr at msia lately?
doesn't matter quake or no quake.

Chernobyl no quake, also metldown.

Supposedly fukushima was operating at dangerous levels even before quake happened.

but I am genuine in my suggestion that sabah should go nuclear.

TNB do not control electricity suply there directly (they are not ultimate owners of sabah electric), so if Malaysia wants to go nuclear, Sabah should be the place as they do not have a good grid (sarawak's bakun dam isn't even planning to transmit energy to sabah due to cost issue that also caused the plan to transmit to semenanjung being cancelled).

Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Firebourne @ Apr 2 2011, 12:32 PM)
Having office for meetings and discussions or for adminstrative purposes are valid reasons. Does that mean they should build towers?  sweat.gif

Privatization of PLUS? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that under Dr. M, no?  hmm.gif
Ini UMNO la. UNKO parti Sabah yang dah dibubarkan.  sweat.gif
If they have money, they can build towers.

MCA building in Jln AMpang built using MCA's own money, before Mahathir's time, MCA were actually the richest party in BN coalition, I remember reading old books on how TAR and Tun Razak used to 'borrow' money from MCA to do campaigning during elections before 13th May 1969 happened.

ANy wonder why MCA used to be called the towkay party?

But MCA is smart, they leased out space to educational institutes and also other tenants so that they can generate income from having a large building.

Yes, PLUS happened during TDM's time.

Please check back the link I gave you, it was such a big issue then (using PLUS money to build PWTC).

Most people here think PWTC is govt.'s building, but in reality it is owned by UMNO, any event done there goes into UMNO's coffers.

BTW fire, izzat is trolling, accept it at that....
Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 02:07 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(LiLFreaK @ Apr 2 2011, 01:38 PM)
why so quickly assume that those are rakyat money

maybe its their own funds or donations , after all even DAP and PAS spent millions from rakyat donation money to build their offices

anyway I highly doubt the UMNO building is built using rakyat money .. if not the PR would have long time ago attacked them
LOL, Tunku Abdul Rahman and Mahathir have already implied that PWTC built using PLUS money 25 years ago:

http://www.tindakmalaysia.com/archive/index.php/t-1090.html

On 24 August 1987, Bapa Malaysia, Tunku Abdul Rahman had wrote in The Star that, “I consider it improper and irregular for a leading political party to make use of its power to amass wealth at the expense of other business ventures.”

On the 29 August 1987, PM Mahathir had this to reply to Tunku’s statement, “We agree…but who is going to pay the RM360 million for the UMNO complex?”
I posted this in 1st page already.

Where have you been Flizzardo? Don't run away, just because you have been proven wrong yet again....

BTW PAS HQ in Jln Raja Laut bought from money donated by members, cost only Rm1 million something (financed thru banks).

ALso, Only after like 40 years did DAP got their own office near Jalan pasar (can see the logo, just behind Wentworth hotel, if you drive along Jalan Tun Razak the logo is visible).

Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(nabielz @ Apr 2 2011, 01:43 PM)
ade pulak donations utk UMNO
Dulu masa UMNO (lama) miskin diroang siap mintak derma dari orang kampung nak beli tiket ke London....

Pastu masa pilihanraya 'pinjam' duit dari MCA (boleh baca buku Tun Dr. ismail).

Tapi lepas DEB diwujudkan dan UMNO mula bagi kontrak kat kroni, tetiba UMNO jadi kaya raya di bawah Daim.

Here's a secret. Go and see who are the 'real' owners of MRCB, PEremba, Realmild, Media Prima dan UEM....
Faidzal
post Apr 2 2011, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(LiLFreaK @ Apr 2 2011, 02:47 PM)
PWTC =! UMNO building no?
Sorry, but you are 24hours slowpoke since april fools day was yesterday.

troll harder.

PWTC is UMNO building, managed by UMNO cronies (Putrade Management aka Fazley the fake PhD holder's family company).

Faidzal
post Apr 3 2011, 12:19 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(LiLFreaK @ Apr 2 2011, 11:33 PM)
i dont know what u guys problem against umno ada umno curi duit bapak kau ke?
bukan setakat duit bapak aku, tapi duit datuk aku, pak sedara aku kat JB, makcik aku kat ampang, jiran aku kat skudai, sepupu aku kat kluang, kawan aku kat mersing, arwah bapak mentua aku kat KL dan ramai lagi.....
Faidzal
post Apr 3 2011, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(izzat003 @ Apr 2 2011, 11:55 PM)
umno feed me oso.but i still dun puas hati their unfair style of campaign(mass media controll,unko ads in media like that) i want mahathir back into power.he is the only pemimpin in my lifetime no weird one malah got History channel biography bout him ulang tayang many times
UMNO brainwash so great.

It's not UMNO that feed you, but govt. because that's what govt. do, help people.

Mahathir already nyanyuk, he had his 22 years, he had his successes and failures.

Let the old guy retire, his self-wriiten book filled with factual errors and discrepancies i shudder to think if he were to become PM again and has to read or write any more reports for his work.

Problem with mahathir was that he effectively sidelined many potential candidates to replace him bcause of self-preservation issues.

If only Ku Li won in 1987 UMNO polls, we would have a 5th PM by the name of Tengku Razaleigh who would probably be well liked by all including then PAS and DAP people and UMNO would not have split into 2 that time.....
Faidzal
post Apr 3 2011, 12:25 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Blogserius @ Apr 2 2011, 11:36 PM)
they lupa the sacrifices. what to expect from these traitors
ohai obe, can I have min's number, she looks so sweet....
Faidzal
post Apr 3 2011, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Blogserius @ Apr 3 2011, 12:29 AM)
she my waifu..... please dont u try. i cut ur gugu with blunt knife
LOL, anyway please tell her she has nice legs..

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:37 PM