Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Bali V3, Summary Info/Maps & etc on Pg 1

views

Assassin
post Jun 5 2013, 12:09 AM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(sapora @ Jun 4 2013, 08:29 AM)
guys, do you know any hostel/ bunk bed hotel kind of thing in bali?? or even a cheap yet quite okay hotel in bali?
I booked all my hotel from agoda.com and got a good price from them.
I stayed at Matahari guest house (Kuta) and Gana Inn (Legian) before.
I enjoy both my stay there.
danusays
post Jun 5 2013, 09:09 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(RockStar05 @ Jun 3 2013, 12:33 PM)
Last week was in bali. for 4 days. Managed to go most of the must visit places.

Danusaputera's guide was good. Met His brother Miko and Bowo (our Driver) Young and sporting person. Wherever you want to go. just tell him. he will bring you there. They did suggest on our agenda also. Enjoyed our trip to Bali.

Maybe will go there again. Still got places that we havent visit. Not enough time. And sunsets most of the time raining. cant see the beauty of the bali sunset.

Will try to upload some photos, if its nice tongue.gif
Thankyou for coming ! biggrin.gif
johnsa
post Jun 5 2013, 09:31 AM

47 posts

I was understand that so many place to visit in Bali.
Base on your experince,any recommend travel agency in Bali who real can give a good service.
Vacation period : 1 week.
MGM
post Jun 5 2013, 09:35 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,387 posts

Going for a 10days/9nights tour at Bali next Feb, would like to know if anybody has tried out " Bali Plus Priority Platinum Travel Card". Am thinking of using it to travel within Bali using their complimentary Shuttle bus btw Kuta and nine tourist spots around the island.Thanks.
excelint
post Jun 5 2013, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

you can find all info you required here.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1817291&hl=bali
pakdamek
post Jun 5 2013, 09:45 AM

On my way
646 posts

just came back from Bali last sunday....if ur a temple (ancient) fan, it should be fun.

bear in mind, the travel distance from 1 location to another will take 2-3 hours 1 way (Bali is a 5000km island). so, you need to really plan where you want to visit. we wasted a lot of time sitting in the bus.

things to do:
1. surf
2. clubbing
3. kopi luwak
4. Mount Agung and Mount Batur (volcano's, chilly weather)
5. kuta beach
6. shopping (quite cheap compared to phuket, krabi)

btw, I got the best TT services I've ever experienced from http://www.pandawalimatour.com/

This post has been edited by pakdamek: Jun 5 2013, 09:52 AM
danielwan
post Jun 5 2013, 10:21 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(mugenz @ Jun 4 2013, 10:32 PM)
I also just came back two weeks ago but first time went there. However what u really enjoy the most?

For me it's just so so, I just like staying in ubud. If there is a chance for second visit I will make it 5 days stay in ubud. Just eat sleep and lepak around there just like those mat sallehs
Puncak Bagus is nice.. so cooling. Danau Bratan & Ulun danu is very beautiful.. Cheap painting at Tanah Lot also is a plus! (cheaper than those at Krabi)..
Ubud layback environment also is a plus-plus.. thats all I can say icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm going to Lombok in August to explore the other side of the island next.. rclxm9.gif
MGM
post Jun 5 2013, 01:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,387 posts

QUOTE(excelint @ Jun 5 2013, 09:38 AM)
you can find all info you required here.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1817291&hl=bali
I couldn't find any info on "Bali Plus Priority Platinum Travel Card" from the link you provided.

Just want to know if it is as good as it claimed as it costs US25/person:
•Bali Plus Priority Platinum Travel Card valid for travel benefits and services in Bali, Indonesia.
•Access to air-conditioned lounge at the airport, Tanah Lot, Ubud, Kintamani, and Sanur.
•Lounge services include free flow of refreshments, snacks, and Wi-Fi.
•Secretariat service available in English, Mandarin, and Bahasa Indonesia.
•Access to Plus Priority shuttle service from Kuta to 8 popular locations in Bali for 10 days.
•Discounts at participating luxury hotels, food and beverage outlets, fashion boutiques, and spa services and brands.

This post has been edited by MGM: Jun 5 2013, 01:59 PM
skyp
post Jun 5 2013, 08:07 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

Any recommendation for nice hotel at Ubud in around RM400 per night?
Prefer hotel with nice view and quiet place..
I'm going on mid of August (Peak season)
doh.gif

This post has been edited by skyp: Jun 5 2013, 08:07 PM
muakz001
post Jun 6 2013, 09:33 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(skyp @ Jun 5 2013, 08:07 PM)
Any recommendation for nice hotel at Ubud in around RM400 per night?
Prefer hotel with nice view and quiet place..
I'm going on mid of August (Peak season)
doh.gif
I stayed at Puri Sebatu at Tegalalang. It's about 30 - 45 minutes drive away. Damn nice!

p.s. anyone has any nice driver to recommend who don't mind to bring guests to different silver shops & wood carving shops, not only those shops that give commission to the driver? planning my next trip there to hunt for silver & wood carvings, but most of the drivers only willing to bring us to shops that they have deals with. mad.gif

my previous driver was a nice guy, recommended us to a lot of cheap good food, but for these wood & silver shops, we noticed he drove us straight to very expensive shops, bypassing a lot of others along the way. when we asked him about those other shops, all he said was, not good quality.

This post has been edited by muakz001: Jun 6 2013, 09:39 AM
skyp
post Jun 6 2013, 11:47 AM

Regular
1,206 posts

QUOTE(muakz001 @ Jun 6 2013, 09:33 AM)
I stayed at Puri Sebatu at Tegalalang. It's about 30 - 45 minutes drive away. Damn nice!

p.s. anyone has any nice driver to recommend who don't mind to bring guests to different silver shops & wood carving shops, not only those shops that give commission to the driver? planning my next trip there to hunt for silver & wood carvings, but most of the drivers only willing to bring us to shops that they have deals with.  mad.gif

my previous driver was a nice guy, recommended  us to a lot of cheap good food, but for these wood & silver shops, we noticed he drove us straight to very expensive shops, bypassing a lot of others along the way. when we asked him about those other shops, all he said was, not good quality.
Yes, I'm looking at Puri Sebatu now.
Although the price is kinda exp but looking at the place makes me drool.gif
I'm checking out the package..

muakz001
post Jun 6 2013, 11:57 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(skyp @ Jun 6 2013, 11:47 AM)
Yes, I'm looking at Puri Sebatu now.
Although the price is kinda exp but looking at the place makes me  drool.gif
I'm checking out the package..
But keep in mind the place is not near any shops or restaurants ya.. however, if your purpose to bali is to relax and not be disturbed by people, then this is the place to go..

the villa is great, the bathroom is even better!! it's very large, with rain shower facility and a HUGE fabulous bath tub with a beautiful view...the bathtub can easily fit 2 large adults and still have ample space to move around.. i'm so in love with the bathroom!

the shuttle service is supposed to be every 3 hourly to Ubud, but the staff were very nice and can help to arrange car transfer to ubud as & when you need. needless to say i spent an entire day just lazing in the villa. thumbup.gif

by the way, if you choose to stay in other villas in Ubud, please do a review & recommendation if its good.

This post has been edited by muakz001: Jun 6 2013, 11:59 AM
kumario9
post Jun 6 2013, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Guys,

Need your valuable feedback/advice/suggestions, etc.

Next year February 2014 I am getting married and plan our 1st honeymoon, Bali. Thought going there by Air Asia (got better suggestion?). My future wife loves nature scenery especially jungle, rivers, mountains, etc. I like both scenery (sea view and nature view). So it’s like 3 nights at mountain jungle scenery and 2 night’s sea view (total 5 nights). My question;

1.Is there any sound reasonable resort provide these 2 scenery features (romance package)? Quite keen on Alilahotels and Thesamayabali but expensive sweat.gif . Please advise.

2. Any must visit place for honeymoon couple in Bali?

3. Is there any ancient Hindu temple that can visit for tourists? Quite like the ancient architecture.

I can accept any feedback/suggestions from you guys if have better ideas for our honeymoon.

Thanks for helping.

Putraskyline
post Jun 6 2013, 03:37 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(kumario9 @ Jun 6 2013, 02:58 PM)
1.Is there any sound reasonable resort provide these 2 scenery features (romance package)? Quite keen on Alilahotels and Thesamayabali but expensive  sweat.gif . Please advise.

What is your budget per night? The Samaya quite expensive but Alila Manggis are affordable. You can take a look at Kayu Manis, Komaneka or any private villa.

Add : Normally Orient Express hotel have a romance package which include both of their resort one in Ubud and another in Nusa Dua.

This post has been edited by Putraskyline: Jun 6 2013, 03:39 PM
kumario9
post Jun 6 2013, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(Putraskyline @ Jun 6 2013, 03:37 PM)
What is your budget per night? The Samaya quite expensive but Alila Manggis are affordable. You can take a look at Kayu Manis, Komaneka or any private villa.
Add : Normally Orient Express hotel have a romance package which include both of their resort one in Ubud and another in Nusa Dua.
Thanks for your advise. Will look into it thumbup.gif

Sorry, not sure about budget per night but planning like 5 nights romantic package around RM5K plus minus...
TSstimix
post Jun 6 2013, 08:23 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Thread getting too long..

New V4 here:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2839587

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled