ASUS Malaysia Component and Hardware

views

owikh84
post Apr 1 2011, 08:12 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

My Maximus IV Extreme B2 is sitting at distro Servex for 2 weeks already. Waiting for B3 swapping. Fingers crossed patiently. At first I thought it was 1 to 1 exchange, but it isn't. Luckily I got a spare mobo to play with.

This post has been edited by owikh84: Apr 1 2011, 08:12 PM
owikh84
post Apr 3 2011, 06:26 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(absorb-d @ Apr 3 2011, 05:50 PM)
is there some funny setting in bios for the P8P67 where it doesn show HDD in windows but detects under device manager, and WD Life Diagnostics
I assume u didn't assign a drive letter (ie D: etc) to the said HDD.
Depends on ur windows, go to START menu, search for "computer management".
Storage > Disk Management, there should show u the HDD, right click and give it a Drive Letter.

Added on April 3, 2011, 6:32 pm
QUOTE(desires2 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:42 AM)
any1 have problem with asus P67 chipset driver for motherboard?
mine 1 unable to load into windows after reboot.

i had format it 2 times sad.gif
Need more infos. Do u flash to the latest bios?
Stuck at win logo or BSOD? Could be corrupted boot file?

This post has been edited by owikh84: Apr 3 2011, 06:32 PM
owikh84
post Apr 5 2011, 11:38 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(wiraone @ Apr 5 2011, 11:28 PM)
I've problem with my newly bought p8p67 le B3 motherboard. When I shutdown my OS, the PC reboots itself after few seconds. I tried to bring it to the shop that I bought it but they claimed I bent the pin on the socket and refused to send it back for warranty. May I know if I can send it direct to distributor or Asus for fixing, the pin looks just fine for me and it could start and running okay but won't shutdown properly unless I flick the off switch. Please help.
may i ask where did u buy the board?
owikh84
post Apr 6 2011, 07:20 AM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(lingloong @ Apr 6 2011, 04:17 AM)
Your current distributor very "funny", when asking for SWAP they said no-stock, but when place order got stock  whistling.gif

this is the saddest news for us end users and resellers as well.
1-to-1 exchange also taking that long i was wondering how long is RMA taking? sweat.gif
owikh84
post Apr 6 2011, 04:51 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(mcchin @ Apr 6 2011, 04:10 PM)
From Toms Hardware
Behind the Tech: Sandy Bridge Recall, An Insider's Story
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cougar...6gbps,2896.html

and a quote from page 4
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cougar...bps,2896-4.html
Is this true, and does this apply to everywhere?

just asking smile.gif.
Lol the last quote didnt happen to me.
I hv to fork out 2 ways of shipping, to the shop where i bought and return to my house. sweat.gif
owikh84
post Apr 8 2011, 07:40 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

Today I am very disappointed with how Asus Royal Club handles my Maximus IV Extreme B3 swapping program. cry.gif cry.gif
This is the outcome....
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
I am sad now... Kudos to ASSus...

owikh84
post Apr 8 2011, 09:53 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

2nd pic shown that many accessories are missing in the old box. List of accessories listed in the specs:
User's manual
1 2-port USB2.0 module
1 x I/O Shield
2 x SATA 3.0Gb/s signal cables (2-in-1)
2 x SATA 6.0Gb/s signal cables (2-in-1)
1 x Q-Connecor Kit (2-in-1)
1 x ROG Connect Cable
1 x ProbeIt cable set
1 x Thermal Sensor Cable Pack
1 x 3-Way SLI bridge
1 x SLI Cable
1 x Crossfire cable
1 x Cable Ties Pack
1 x ROG Theme Label
1 x 12-in-1 ROG Cable Label
1 x RC Bluetooth card
1 x ROG exclusive feature guide
1 x Driver DVD

Bent System Panel connector: cry.gif
user posted image

I am pretty sure that this is my old B2 board from this TIM residue I purposely left before sending for swap.
user posted image

The question is "Is this the so-called one to one swap"? it took exactly 3 weeks and not even a brand new board!!! doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
owikh84
post Apr 8 2011, 10:10 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(ukimaro @ Apr 8 2011, 10:03 PM)
i thought it supposed to be a new board ? but from pic it doesnt look new at all.. bent pins summore.  shakehead.gif
yes bro I think they repaired the B2 and given it a B3 ID then sent it back to me as B3 lol! doh.gif
now i don't wanna touch this board until ASUS reply my. 1st pic shows that CEX (?) treats it as RMA? WTF? I thought I sent it for B3 Swap due to the B2 flaws..
the saddest thing is they treat this expensive board as a RM10 toy. I bought it with my hard earned money for RM1.2k Asus dude vmad.gif
owikh84
post Apr 8 2011, 10:45 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

Obviously 1 to 1 swap and B2 to B3 which they claimed will take a few days only. But what a shame it drags til 3 weeks. That's why i keep chasing my regular seller Cex. Who knows the board is returned like this bad condition. Another sad news is Cex will not refund me after i offered to reject the board. Instead asking me to claim from Asus Royal Club and he's frustrated with this swap already. My long time serving seller also becomes like this due to FLAWED Asus Swapping Program. Aiyoyo.
owikh84
post Apr 9 2011, 08:01 AM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(Cyclonechuah @ Apr 9 2011, 03:29 AM)
here, i'm to defend CEX case, owikh84 i'm not against you.

This is clearly Asus problem, CEX has always been a nice guy helping me to solve my problem as well as the one that handle 1 per 1 exchange to me, even thou i cause alot heck of problem to CEX.

Cex handle my case with straight just 2 days settle the exchange.

waiting for AssUs reply...
well I do not blame CEX blindly for this but he and his staffs should at least help me checking out the items in the box beforehand.
the box also is old one so should take some serious checking before it goes to buyer.
I know he is a pretty nice guy and i m a regular customer with RM1k+ per deal in fact i bought stuffs from his sibling's shop since i was studying in JB. nod.gif
anyway let's wait for Asus' response. I don't wanna loss a good friend just because of Asus' stupidity. wink.gif
owikh84
post Apr 9 2011, 06:35 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(lingloong @ Apr 9 2011, 11:38 AM)
Firstly, I don't think Asus Royal Club deal with your case. As per inform by them, normal procedure Sandy Bridge replacement program goes back to distributor, your case is SERVEX

So I think you need to track this problem back to distributor first with assistance from your current dealer/reseller. And before sending out item, it's a good practice for seller to do quick check on the item especially for postage item

I'm not here to defend Asus Royal Club, but so far my RMA/Swap either Sandy Bridge or other products is within 1 week or 1 to 1 if they got stock.

As earlier post, I'm having problem with current distributor (SERVEX) which held my 2x P8P67 Pro for 3 weeks already  doh.gif

If I know they could be this slow and inefficiency, I will send to Royal Club instead  sweat.gif

The info provided is not transparent enough. Earlier I ask Royal Club if I can direct send to them for Sandy Bridge problem, they said have to go through distributor. Now you know how your distributor works, those slowpoke never care only concentrate doing sales  vmad.gif

so SERVEX is the culprit lah

QUOTE(cybersans @ Apr 9 2011, 04:14 PM)
they desolder the old B2 board, and put the B3 chipset, forget about scratch here and there, and return it back to customers. thats how business works!
exactly what is happening right now.. more economical and environmental friendly
even all accessories eg SATA cables, DVD, manual, thermal sensor cables etc also hv been thrown away doh.gif
owikh84
post Apr 10 2011, 11:47 AM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(cybersans @ Apr 10 2011, 11:02 AM)
well, you need to wait until monday, because this thread is "working hour only" biggrin.gif
well i will wait as pm sent to ASUSmy already as well as CEX.
i want to reject the whole package back to Asus and request for full refund+losses including 3-way shipping cost.
owikh84
post Apr 10 2011, 10:15 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

Actually consumers' rights is protected in Malaysia u can always lodge a fraud report at:
Tribunal for Consumer Claims Malaysia

Yes, I consider this is a serious FRAUD case committed by Asus since in their website it is clearly stated that buyer can opt for refund in this B3 swapping program.
They're supposed to give me a BRAND NEW board, not a frankenstein'ed board piece of shit.

owikh84
post Apr 11 2011, 07:54 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

ASUSmy has responded to me thru PM.
Promised will open an INVESTIGATION on origin of the problem? doh.gif
Today cannot settle... fingers crossed...

owikh84
post Apr 11 2011, 10:04 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(cybersans @ Apr 11 2011, 09:57 PM)
don't know whether it is because of bios immature or normal behaviour, but my i7-2600K idle @ 1.6GHz using 1.02++ - 1.04++ of vcore. quite higher compare to my i7-860 idle @ 1.2GHz using 0.800++ - 0.820++ of vcore.
Quite normal SB is naturally doesnt like vCore lower than 1.0v
owikh84
post Apr 11 2011, 10:56 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Lonely @ Apr 11 2011, 10:51 PM)
no intended to get any P67 board =) i dun mind wait for the Z68 since it launch on may 8th
dude, refund mean the shop pay back u money u can buy any brand afterward =) translate.google.com can help u
whistling.gif  good luck dude, i wish u get ur refund or proper replacement.
Refund is for sure and Z68 is on d way..
owikh84
post Apr 11 2011, 11:37 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(thaisxs @ Apr 11 2011, 11:31 PM)
May 8th !!
may b i should ask for refund too...
meh gotta pick up the swap board tomorrow at Royal Club
better late then regret.. ask for refund dude.
u dun wanna just seeing me kicking asss at Z68 don't u.
let's join the new party, next month (less than 30 days) brows.gif
owikh84
post Apr 12 2011, 03:18 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

Craps another fraud case happen to bro thaisxs this time.
Well at least i m not alone with this. i think it is not an isolated case already since it will happen to all of u dear ASSus buyers.
Enuf of this f*cking investigation and pls take immediate action by refunding as per agreement.
I bet all B3 board sold in the market is actually a well used B2 board, resoldered chipset and failed QC checking then return to buyers without shitting care about the condition of the replacement board. No pre-test, bent pins and scratches everywhere just waiting to be declared as DOA.

This post has been edited by owikh84: Apr 12 2011, 03:40 PM
owikh84
post Apr 12 2011, 04:09 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(thaisxs @ Apr 12 2011, 03:43 PM)
i can almost certain that the board is some failed qc check or DOA board being return by buyers.

but 1 thing im not sure is the stain on the chip is the left over from asus engineer after having their happy moment

btw bro owikh84 the refund have to deal with vendor or have to go through asus again ?
Looks bad, should at least polish out the oily stain.
Refund hv to go thru Asus directly, my seller wont refund me unless i buttseck him. Worse thing is i hv to settle all by by postage and tele-conv method, not COD face to face. I was given a contact number claimed to be someone who will take care of the refund thingy. Duno who the hell is this by the name of David @ 016-2108249

There's one more thing i would like to share with u guys.
Another design flaw which will happen to ASSus boards particularly Maximus IV Extreme is its bios chip will FAIL after few months. Suspect to be the Management Engine part inside the chip is damaged and wont let u adjust BCLK anymore after some times. Tell me how do i clock my RAM at 2200MHz? doh.gif
U will hv to find a new bios chip to replace or reflash EEPROM to the darn chip.

owikh84
post Apr 12 2011, 05:04 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

STFU if u duno whats happening right now.
Pls go back reread. If got time pls take a rest from babysitting and read whats the same situation occurs internationally, welcome to XS.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0328sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:05 AM