16 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DiGi 3G is really disappointing me, The coverage and speed is really poor

views

yeowa
post May 22 2011, 01:24 PM

Entrepreneur wannabe
1,258 posts

Digi getting suck each day... Are they busy digging their grave???? I have been getting inconsistent line lately... I am refering to my phone line which is needed for me to use my data plan... I have been using digi for 8 years now and never find it this bad... What a shame digi!!!

I called digi customer service more than 10times this year... Most of the complains was a mth or two ago where there is no line for a week at my home due to network tower issue... Damn.. So inconvenient... Yesterday called again, cust service suggest replace sim card at any digi store or dealer...

On sat night 21May2011 I reached Digi dealer (The Gadgets Shop Sdn Bhd, digital mall pj) at 8.55pm. I told the girl there I want to change sim card. The first thing she say, we are not digi store n cannot do that. Ask me to go to Sunway! I explain to her and she say cannot, we are close already. I asked, you have 5 more minutes. She replied my computer show it's 9pm already! What a suck service there! She think I stay in digital mall?
chooncc
post May 24 2011, 03:23 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

last year my area cover celcom 3.5g, this year maxis.... digi still missing... suck provider...

scamboy
post May 26 2011, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

Hey guys, any more comments?

I'm writing a post on this issue, any more on DiGi that you guys wanna add?
myandylai
post May 27 2011, 04:07 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

I am living in Ipoh. I subscribed a Digi Smart Plan RM68 (for Android) with 3GB quota per month. I use it for 2 month plus and I found that the speed it not consistent at any places I went around Ipoh. The speed is acceptable but having weird performance like being throttle by what media / content that's been download. Example like serving speed is average if the content is local (or maybe have local cache) but if the content was international speed is poor. Speedtest show very promising speed at 700-1000kbit/s download but when serving it seems much slower. Playback YouTube content show very inconsistent as it was playing smoothly with one video and the second video may be extremely lagging. Even when sometime (maybe peak hour) browsing speed became extremely slow but Android Market place can download app with speed (by reading the downloading figure) up to 200KByte/s (2Mbit/s). Because of the inconsistency of the connection I was not able to use more the 1GB of the given 3GB bandwidth even I try hard to use it (stay with mobile network even there's WiFi connectivity).

Ipoh is still good with Digi HSDPA network but users base will keep growing because of the rapid grow of SmartPhone market. Keeping up with the infrastructure is very important as more users will cause congestion of the network because the lag of bandwidth. And users are tide with the 2 years contract that they cannot terminate their plan even Digi provide poor quality service. That's sure will going to make lots of angry customer (good if it's Angry Bird). And hope Digi could consider removing any media base throttling if any before users exceeded their bandwidth cap.

QUOTE(iipohbee @ May 20 2011, 09:21 PM)
DiGi in Ipoh is real HSPA network.

Uploads can really break 2mbps during off peak hours if lucky.
This post has been edited by myandylai: May 27 2011, 04:16 AM
fat16
post May 27 2011, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,579 posts

QUOTE(scamboy @ May 26 2011, 10:06 PM)
Hey guys, any more comments?

I'm writing a post on this issue, any more on DiGi that you guys wanna add?
hi scamboy

digi bb have habit dc when idle for x hours. not a big deal because my modem will auto connect itself. celcom bb no dc can stay with same ip for days.

digi using public ip while celcom using private ip.

celcom public ip is share no problem with digi never got your ip is downloading wait until finish.

Cheap 3G rates. No 3G operator can beat this.

Billing email notification not work.

Good bonuslink point. Free 3000 point during last pc fair.

Digi 3G coverage better than Umobile 3G. Umobile talk big with HSPA+ 42mbps within very limited coverage. .
TSKennyP
post May 27 2011, 02:24 PM

13 posts

DiGi's poor 3G network quality affect all 3G phones owner, as 3G phones always switch to 3G network when it is in the coverage and that leaves all the phones in the poor network services with frequent drop call and missing call.
iipohbee
post May 28 2011, 05:14 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(myandylai @ May 27 2011, 04:07 AM)
I am living in Ipoh. I subscribed a Digi Smart Plan RM68 (for Android) with 3GB quota per month. I use it for 2 month plus and I found that the speed it not consistent at any places I went around Ipoh. The speed is acceptable but having weird performance like being throttle by what media / content that's been download. Example like serving speed is average if the content is local (or maybe have local cache) but if the content was international speed is poor. Speedtest show very promising speed at 700-1000kbit/s download but when serving it seems much slower. Playback YouTube content show very inconsistent as it was playing smoothly with one video and the second video may be extremely lagging. Even when sometime (maybe peak hour) browsing speed became extremely slow but Android Market place can download app with speed (by reading the downloading figure) up to 200KByte/s (2Mbit/s). Because of the inconsistency of the connection I was not able to use more the 1GB of the given 3GB bandwidth even I try hard to use it (stay with mobile network even there's WiFi connectivity).

Ipoh is still good with Digi HSDPA network but users base will keep growing because of the rapid grow of SmartPhone market. Keeping up with the infrastructure is very important as more users will cause congestion of the network because the lag of bandwidth. And users are tide with the 2 years contract that they cannot terminate their plan even Digi provide poor quality service. That's sure will going to make lots of angry customer (good if it's Angry Bird). And hope Digi could consider removing any media base throttling if any before users exceeded their bandwidth cap.
Could you mention the modem brand and make which you're using?

If you're using the modem supplied by DiGi or your phone, very likely you'll only be restricted to the HSDPA network.

Have you tried it on a Huawei MIFi device or a HSUPA enabled modem?

I agree with you that DiGi network is weak in areas like Tambun and Ipoh Garden area because the residents there resisted the erecting of telecom towers over there. They have always been in opposition of microwave towers so the weak signal there is expected.

If you are mostly in Greentown, Ipoh Central(near Central Market), Jln. Pasir Putih speeds are good.

Added on May 28, 2011, 5:18 pm
QUOTE(fat16 @ May 27 2011, 12:13 PM)
hi scamboy

digi bb have habit dc when idle for x hours. not a big deal because my modem will auto connect itself. celcom bb no dc can stay with same ip for days.

digi using public ip while celcom using private ip.
The auto disconnect is true. Even about 5 mins if no activity it AUTO DISCONNECT on you. It happens more often and idling time shortens during peak hours.

Very troublesome if your dialer doesn't auto reconnect on demand, because you need to re-click to reconnect.

This post has been edited by iipohbee: May 28 2011, 05:18 PM
Borsch Soup
post May 28 2011, 07:41 PM

The East is Red. Defeat the new Opium called Corruption
2,641 posts

Once the Penang Free Wifi rolls outs the whole island I am saying bye bye to DiGi 3G.
teelim
post May 28 2011, 10:01 PM

On my way
587 posts

alamak. was thinking of subscribing to digi discover day for my (soon to be coming) ipad.

now thinking twice liao. sweat.gif

btw, the coverage & speed in KL/PJ really that bad kah?

This post has been edited by teelim: May 28 2011, 10:03 PM
Borsch Soup
post May 29 2011, 09:50 AM

2,641 posts

QUOTE(teelim @ May 28 2011, 10:01 PM)
alamak. was thinking of subscribing to digi discover day for my (soon to be coming) ipad.

now thinking twice liao.  sweat.gif

btw, the coverage & speed in KL/PJ really that bad kah?
I am using the Discover day, 7 to 7 can get 1mbps, youtube, hf, rs, download all ok 130KBps. Smooth, just that I see Maxis users can get 3 - 5 mbps, really jelly liao. laugh.gif

teelim
post May 29 2011, 01:22 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(Borsch Soup @ May 29 2011, 09:50 AM)
I am using the Discover day, 7 to 7 can get 1mbps, youtube, hf, rs, download all ok 130KBps. Smooth, just that I see Maxis users can get 3 - 5 mbps, really jelly liao. laugh.gif
but for only RM38 per month and no extra charges when you use more than your quota, not too bad right?

now I am just concerned about the coverage/reliability of digi's 3g in KL/PJ. hmm.gif
fat16
post May 29 2011, 03:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,579 posts

QUOTE(Borsch Soup @ May 29 2011, 09:50 AM)
forget maxis. what the point superfast 3 - 5mbps for speedtest ego only ? after finish quota limit crying no internet.

even celcom just limit up to 1.4mbps only without slow after usage limit quota.

about digi coverage, use good quality modem + hi-gain panel external antenna. not magnetic base type. that one suck.
Borsch Soup
post May 29 2011, 05:12 PM

2,641 posts

QUOTE(teelim @ May 29 2011, 01:22 PM)
but for only RM38 per month and no extra charges when you use more than your quota, not too bad right?

now I am just concerned about the coverage/reliability of digi's 3g in KL/PJ.  hmm.gif
Yup, rm38 makes Discover Day cheapest 3G. Plus it no contract, can cancel anytime. Really worth. smile.gif

QUOTE(fat16 @ May 29 2011, 03:21 PM)
forget maxis. what the point superfast 3 - 5mbps for speedtest ego only ? after finish quota limit crying no internet.

even celcom just limit up to 1.4mbps only without slow after usage limit quota.

about digi coverage, use good quality modem + hi-gain panel external antenna. not magnetic base type. that one suck.
Tomorrow I might try Maxis prepaid 3G BB. Will let you guys know the result.
myandylai
post May 30 2011, 06:21 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(iipohbee @ May 28 2011, 05:14 PM)
Could you mention the modem brand and make which you're using?

If you're using the modem supplied by DiGi or your phone, very likely you'll only be restricted to the HSDPA network.

If you are mostly in Greentown, Ipoh Central(near Central Market), Jln. Pasir Putih speeds are good.
I am using a HTC phone. And I am around Jalan Pasir Puteh. The speed is not slow but inconsistent. Sometime it can load some YouTube video but sometime would be too slow to do that. Sometime Facebook also can't loaf but generally it still usable.
Borsch Soup
post May 30 2011, 08:17 PM

2,641 posts

Hi guys dun jelly ok, this is my speed using Maxis flex.gif laugh.gif

user posted image
chuahcs79
post May 30 2011, 08:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,930 posts

QUOTE(Borsch Soup @ May 30 2011, 08:17 PM)
Hi guys dun jelly ok, this is my speed using Maxis  flex.gif  laugh.gif

user posted image
way more amazing than normal DIGI speed, rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
fat16
post May 31 2011, 11:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,579 posts

QUOTE(Borsch Soup @ May 30 2011, 08:17 PM)
Hi guys dun jelly ok, this is my speed using Maxis  flex.gif  laugh.gif

user posted image
Can u download from Fileserve, megaupload ?
chuahcs79
post May 31 2011, 05:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,930 posts

QUOTE(fat16 @ May 31 2011, 11:51 AM)
yes can download, if u cannot, just change the DNS to google DNS,
Borsch Soup
post May 31 2011, 06:01 PM

2,641 posts

QUOTE(fat16 @ May 31 2011, 11:51 AM)
Gip me some links, I try laugh.gif
kiwlm
post Jun 1 2011, 11:48 AM

Enthusiast
978 posts

Have been using DiGi voice and internet plan for close to 5 years (used to be on Data Unlimited 68, now on DiGi Smart Plan), the connection dropping have been very frequent nowadays in some areas, I noticed it started since DiGi launched the iPhone 4. Guessing its because of network congestion, as the connectivity is perfectly stable in some areas (sadly not the area that I am in most of the time).

Thinking of switching to other telcos, as its frustrating to want to surf something on my phone, and every 5 minutes I get disconnected for like 30 seconds and have to wait. Celcom and Maxis is expensive for my profile though, since I don't call that much.

How's Umobile? I know the coverage is not as good, but I am in Klang Valley most of the time anyway, if they can give me a stable 3g data connection, I will switch.

16 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0290sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th July 2021 - 09:17 AM