Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DiGi 3G is really disappointing me, The coverage and speed is really poor

views

TSKennyP
post Mar 28 2011, 10:52 PM, updated 10y ago

13 posts

DiGi has very poor 3G signal in almost all of my favorite shopping malls, like Mid Valley, Pavilion and else.

Sometimes even it shows good 3G signal, the speed is worse than EDGE, I can't even load a web page on my iPhone.

I can't wait to end my contract with DiGi and switch to Maxis, my friends using Maxis can download at 4mbps when I don't even has 3G signal.
acbc
post Mar 28 2011, 10:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,644 posts

Well... that's why they are the cheapest in town... poor coverage and lousy service in 1 package.
stuffx
post Mar 28 2011, 11:12 PM

On my way
589 posts

agreed.. cheap things suck.. and digi is one of that things.. cheapest in town but not that cheap for a lousy service
iipohbee
post Mar 29 2011, 11:00 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(stuffx @ Mar 28 2011, 11:12 PM)
agreed.. cheap things suck.. and digi is one of that things.. cheapest in town but not that cheap for a lousy service
Happpppy!

pcbase
post Mar 31 2011, 10:57 AM

Regular
1,411 posts

YTL YE$ is better than Maxi$.
kk2628
post Apr 2 2011, 09:30 PM

47 posts

Totally agree, Digi broadband is BAD! and the customer service too !

Recently I was recommended by Digi dealer to try Digi broadband service and advise me to buy a RM8.50 prepaid to use the max 5 package. After activated and within 56 seconds, the line was disconnected. After calling the customer service and was informed that there was no more money in the account, I can accept the line being terminated when there is no money in the account, BUT I cannot accept is why can't they charge 0.10 more so that the line can keep active and the user can continue to use the max5 package ? In short, my RM8.50 gone within a minute, this is daylight robbery!!! And the Digi dealer still has the gut to advise me to topup another RM10 to try, what a shame!!!

This kind of situation can only happen in Malaysia because the MCMC is sleeping and users "boleh" tahan !
iipohbee
post Apr 2 2011, 10:19 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(kk2628 @ Apr 2 2011, 09:30 PM)

Recently I was recommended by Digi dealer to try Digi broadband service and advise me to buy a RM8.50 prepaid to use the max 5 package. After activated and within 56 seconds, the line was disconnected. After calling the customer service and was informed that there was no more money in the account, I can accept the line being terminated when there is no money in the account, BUT I cannot accept is why can't they charge 0.10 more so that the line can keep active and the user can continue to use the max5 package ? In short, my RM8.50 gone within a minute, this is daylight robbery!!! And the Digi dealer still has the gut to advise me to topup another RM10 to try, what a shame!!!

This kind of situation can only happen in Malaysia because the MCMC is sleeping and users "boleh" tahan !
Ask them to proof where did the excess went besides the RM5 used for daily internet.

They'll just tell you sorry sir for the inconvenience, if you want to further surf the internet tomorrow kindly top up another RM5.
There you go your RM5 just went zap for the day.

This post has been edited by iipohbee: Apr 2 2011, 10:22 PM
the_dead_identity
post Apr 3 2011, 02:45 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

hahaha...
so do i..
i subscribe to digi prepaid broadband for a week..
then when my credit is zero, cannot connect..
need to topup then cn use again..
really make trouble for me..
and the postpaid broadband is slower than the prepaid
but i paid less for prepaid..
so i just terminate the postpaid..
the line really bad..
moiskyrie
post Apr 4 2011, 10:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,095 posts

QUOTE(kk2628 @ Apr 2 2011, 09:30 PM)

for the rm8.50, u need to topup at least rm 10 for continue use of services since rm3.5 is for the card, rm 5.00 is credit.
after u use rm 5, should be no more charge but still can use..for me i still can use...if u still left atleast some rm.

zamnrul
post Apr 14 2011, 02:03 AM

Casual
389 posts

Almost 2 years use digi..digi better than celcom n maxis..but customer service maxis better than digi and celcom..
fat16
post Apr 14 2011, 08:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,579 posts

QUOTE(moiskyrie @ Apr 4 2011, 10:48 PM)
for the rm8.50, u need to topup at least rm 10 for continue use of services since rm3.5 is for the card, rm 5.00 is credit.
after u use rm 5, should be no more charge but still can use..for me i still can use...if u still left atleast some rm.
digi prepaid very tricky. must have some balance, . both internet and validity must active.
celcom prepaid. very simple. balance zero, validity already expire still can connected for a week. no worry auto renew..
iipohbee
post Apr 14 2011, 10:03 PM

On my way
603 posts

DiGi is falling behind these days.

Their Smart Plan is no longer competitive because for RM68 per month you only get 3GB of data while the speed you're not even getting 1mbps most of the time.

Cost factor already out.
Speed factor also out
Technology also out with old HSDPA network

What's up with DiGi slacking these days?
TSKennyP
post Apr 15 2011, 10:49 AM

13 posts

I find Maxis and Celcom are spending big money to expand their network infrastructure to upgrade to new technology and improve their services, but what DiGi is doing? Their annual report shows they are not going to spend much on infrastructure in the following year.

You are already left behind yet you are not planning to improve, I am going to say bye bye to you
iipohbee
post Apr 15 2011, 02:14 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(KennyP @ Apr 15 2011, 10:49 AM)
I find Maxis and Celcom are spending big money to expand their network infrastructure to upgrade to new technology and improve their services, but what DiGi is doing? Their annual report shows they are not going to spend much on infrastructure in the following year.

You are already left behind yet you are not planning to improve, I am going to say bye bye to you
They might also say bye bye to us when they break even and collect back their investments made here.

The LTE scene now is overhyped in Malaysia.

Celcom is going LTE, uMobile is also, Maxis will eventually and even more surprising P1 Wimax is also slowly abandon their WIMAX for LTE.

leyley
post Apr 15 2011, 04:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

Their more on EDGE network coverage.
carynbaby
post Apr 22 2011, 05:36 PM

11 posts

planning to sell ur digi modem?
sry for bein sorta rude..need a digi modem..
know where i can get one for a cheaper price?
been lookin around in ly bt cant find one..
fat16
post Apr 23 2011, 09:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,579 posts

any unlock modem can use with digi.
eternaly
post Apr 25 2011, 10:38 PM

35 posts

Argh...wtf, the digi connection is sucks! For these few days im using, im dmm disappointed with it! Full signal but sometimes don found 3g coverage! Sometimes it shows 3g or edge network detected, but the speed is really a joke!!! Wtf....arghhhh...i will definately send a complaint letter and terminate their service tmr!!! Im staying in kl..hmmp
cheah5025
post Apr 26 2011, 12:05 AM

4 posts

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I SICK OF IT...... REALLY SICK OF IT.......LOUSY 3G...... UURRZZ....sad.gif
terminatorkun
post May 2 2011, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Digi coverage very limited.... on friday i buy digi limited edition broadband although I know my area only edge or gprs available... but I hv no choice because just want to use it for a few days while at my village...

it takes a FEW minutes to load lowyat website then a few minutes more to load forum and so on.... I tired waiting.... sad.gif sad.gif

currently using streamyx...

16 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd December 2020 - 12:43 AM