Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> P14G broadband, Advices please

juzjoey
post Mar 25 2011, 09:33 AM

Group: Junior Member

im thinking to get a P14G , is this a good idea. today a salesman came to my house and give us a try for a week for it.. if we like it then we take and if we dont we just have to return it.. i saw their brochure for a home pro package = Rm139 monthly and 4.8Mbps download.. is this true ? i know this is just advertising and hard to believe it.. i need some advices from your guys before i buying it. by the way my location is is rawang and currently im a streamyx subsciber.. is this a bad idea convert from streamyx to P14G broadband ?? icon_question.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cllee86
post Mar 25 2011, 09:48 AM

Casual

Rawang which location, U better check got coverage or not. If at the border there I recommend u don't take it. Btw, there is monthly usage quota for P1 u know. R u a heavy downloader?
+Quote Post
juzjoey
post Mar 25 2011, 09:59 AM

im not a movie downloader, i only use internet for facebook,google information ,sometimes download a song blink.gif and yes i have the coverage on my location..

This post has been edited by juzjoey: Mar 25 2011, 10:00 AM
+Quote Post
yusk8
post Mar 25 2011, 10:08 AM

Getting Started

for me, if pay rm139 per month, better go for unifi
+Quote Post
cllee86
post Mar 25 2011, 10:22 AM

Casual

QUOTE(yusk8 @ Mar 25 2011, 10:08 AM)
for me, if pay rm139 per month, better go for unifi
I agree with him. Does your area has Unifi yet?
+Quote Post
amirudin920927
post Mar 25 2011, 11:58 AM

///-| Kapten | Amirudin |-\\\
Group: Senior Member

Unifi better,more stable n low ping..
+Quote Post
juzjoey
post Mar 25 2011, 12:07 PM

im staying in rawang.. so far i check the coverage on unifi website, they havent reach here yet.. but i dont know why lots of promotion in rawang.. are they promoting the broadband that actually no coverage in my place ??
+Quote Post
theonebit
post Mar 28 2011, 06:47 PM

p1 has the worst support, more worst than streamyx
dont get it.
I got disconected just after the cooling off period and they stating that i should return the device.
No signal at all but some how during the cooling off period its working.
Now in order to get my money i need to go to hq which is in PJ and I am in Seremban. It is the same, I still loose money. MotherF$$$$$$$
Dead piss over this matter. I am keeping the device and going to say go to hell. I migth apoint a lawyer just to screw with them. anyone know where in seremban to get one.
+Quote Post
dannychen
post Mar 28 2011, 07:24 PM

Casual

QUOTE(juzjoey @ Mar 25 2011, 12:07 PM)
im staying in rawang.. so far i check the coverage on unifi website, they havent reach here yet.. but i dont know why lots of promotion in rawang.. are they promoting the broadband that actually no coverage in my place ??
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting TM UniFi.

Referring to your e-mail dated 22nd March 2011 on UniFi availability and upon checking system, we regret to inform that your address as per previous
e-mail is currently not under UniFi coverage area at this moment. We sincerely apologize that we are currently unable to give better estimation time.
Please check our website for more information on UniFi service and coverage at http://www.unifi.my/unifi/index.php?option...id=63&Itemid=91

Or you may enter your details expressing your interest at our UniFi website at
http://www.tm.com.my/connecting-you/digita...BBInterest.aspx. This registration will enable us to call or email you
when the service is available at your address.

Thank you again for your interest in UniFi. We look forward to serving you better.

Regards,

Kalisvaran Manimaran @ Kalish
Unifi Email Team
TM UniFi Centre
(Sales) : 1 300 88 1222 Mon-Fri (9am – 9pm) , Sat (10am-6pm)
(Customer Support) : 1 300 88 1221 (24x7)
E-Mail: UniFi@tm.com.my
+Quote Post
mcbaren1011
post Jul 1 2011, 12:13 PM

Casual

whats the good or bad of the P14G? im thinkin of subscribing for broadband too. My area is in PJ. My frens who use P1, sme say P1 good, and some say bad. They are in PJ area also. Any suggestions?
+Quote Post
owc
post Jul 1 2011, 12:27 PM

Casual

P1 bad reputation, many years till now, the problem never solve.
For mine, they rather give me Terminate without contract + refund for 3 month plus free me 6 month service +3 month for me.

Even free for me to use or refund after refund, compliant after compliant. It's still unsolve, make me many trouble using internet.

I'm not say anything, just their sales & marketing very good, very friendly.
BUT NOT THEIR ENGINEER AND THEIR TECHNICAL, when come with the quality, speed, performance, support, customer service all worse.

Every time compliant, the problem unsolved, they close the case, need call them again to reissue the new ticket. When you compliant they make no hear.

You know why? this become their culture already.

P1 really make my life Miserable.... if you want your life more worse, please do subscribe P1.
+Quote Post
mcbaren1011
post Jul 1 2011, 12:37 PM

Casual

wah....really got so cham ah??? the new 4G package now still no improvement?

Added on July 1, 2011, 1:25 pmhttp://www.mybroadbandnews.com/2011/04/p1-lte-demo-reached-130mbps.html

was researching and i found this...

This post has been edited by mcbaren1011: Jul 1 2011, 01:25 PM
+Quote Post
aneip
post Jul 1 2011, 02:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(theonebit @ Mar 28 2011, 06:47 PM)
p1 has the worst support, more worst than streamyx
dont get it.
I got disconected just after the cooling off period and they stating that i should return the device.
No signal at all but some how during the cooling off period its working.
Now in order to get my money i need to go to hq which is in PJ and I am in Seremban. It is the same, I still loose money. MotherF$$$$$$$
Dead piss over this matter. I am keeping the device and going to say go to hell. I migth apoint a lawyer just to screw with them. anyone know where in seremban to get one.
Just go through Tribunal Pengguna. RM5 to file for hearing.

The last case I heard, the store needs to refund the money coz the LED TV they sell is LED backlight and not LED TV. It's common for all brand to advertised their TV as LED TV but the Tribunal said it's wrong and the seller need to return the money.

But you can't make any claim like Saman.. You just can claim back what you paid the P1. No gantirugi am or malu or what so ever.

+Quote Post
owc
post Jul 1 2011, 02:44 PM

Casual

Is a shame to use P1.
aka. cheapskate
+Quote Post
atlantis2007
post Jul 1 2011, 03:36 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(owc @ Jul 1 2011, 02:44 PM)
Is a shame to use P1.
aka. cheapskate
P1 / YES is the same as its a portable device, cannot be compared to land-line ISP. P1 / YES all depends on the reseller. Whenever they want to cheat or not. Best to check on ourself before subscribe or ask the reseller to show proof of coverage area. So far so good for me as a wireless user. Just that Maxis gave me cold shoulder as they block VPN!
+Quote Post
owc
post Jul 1 2011, 03:42 PM

Casual

QUOTE(atlantis2007 @ Jul 1 2011, 03:36 PM)
P1 / YES is the same as its a portable device, cannot be compared to land-line ISP. P1 / YES all depends on the reseller. Whenever they want to cheat or not. Best to check on ourself before subscribe or ask the reseller to show proof of coverage area. So far so good for me as a wireless user. Just that Maxis gave me cold shoulder as they block VPN!
Not same lar, YES use Korean Samsung technology, P1 use ZTE or Huawei cheap cheap thing.
I have YES, very fast, just need to pay more only..... Korean mar.....
+Quote Post
mcbaren1011
post Jul 1 2011, 04:16 PM

Casual

i have some good reviews on P14G super broadband package. My friends said it is much more stable and fast now. Not alot of downtime compared to before. Has anybody tried it yet?
+Quote Post
myandylai
post Jul 1 2011, 10:36 PM

QUOTE(mcbaren1011 @ Jul 1 2011, 04:16 PM)
i have some good reviews on P14G super broadband package. My friends said it is much more stable and fast now. Not alot of downtime compared to before. Has anybody tried it yet?
Just in case if you decided to try P1 services please remember that you must terminate your P1 before the cooling period if you feel that it's slow or not working in you area. I remember it should be 7 days.

I personally never try P1 and not going to in the future after I read LYN discussion on P1 and how lots of people having problem with billings, contract, service quality and etc. I do trust those people expressing their anger in those discussion and I also feel sorry about them to go thru such miserable event just because of signing up an Internet services. Need to complain to MCMC, appointing lawyer etc.

If I were you I would better play save and keep using Streamyx for a while until got unifi or any other service that going to be available in the future.

Thanks for reading and hope you're not going to became another anger P1 subscriber.

+Quote Post
mcbaren1011
post Jul 4 2011, 10:57 AM

Casual

QUOTE(myandylai @ Jul 1 2011, 10:36 PM)
Just in case if you decided to try P1 services please remember that you must terminate your P1 before the cooling period if you feel that it's slow or not working in you area. I remember it should be 7 days.

I personally never try P1 and not going to in the future after I read LYN discussion on P1 and how lots of people having problem with billings, contract, service quality and etc. I do trust those people expressing their anger in those discussion and I also feel sorry about them to go thru such miserable event just because of signing up an Internet services. Need to complain to MCMC, appointing lawyer etc.

If I were you I would better play save and keep using Streamyx for a while until got unifi or any other service that going to be available in the future.

Thanks for reading and hope you're not going to became another anger P1 subscriber.
I hope so too. Thanks so much for the advice. I think I will try out the P1 first. at least i have a grace period. if anything can always return, if the service is good i have no loss at all. haha
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0420sec    3.77    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:34 PM