Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Deduct Salary for being late :(, chinaman company again...

views

mercury8400
post Apr 2 2011, 11:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,703 posts

Actually most MNC does deduct yr salary for being late as well. All the big names that I know that are currently prctising that include Honda, JVC, Panasonic, Sony etc and almost all of the manufacturing co even US based ones. The way they do it is by punchcard. So even if yr late 1 min, yr salary will be deducted. Deducted by how much i dunno. So you just have to accept it. Come in early. Else join marketing/sales. Sometimes they don't need to come into office at all

Added on April 2, 2011, 11:41 pm[quote=malasnya,Mar 31 2011, 11:42 PM]
dude, most companies are like that. but it us who make our work life balance. so accept the fact that came in late will have punishment. just that whether the punishment is fair or not. in your situation, it is totally unfair. this is lesson without teaching. come to work on time is like a promise made between employee & employer. if you have a maid who is always late that it affected you, no matter how good the maid does the job, still it is a reason for you to cut the maid's pay. so be on time. or else, start a new business / work from home. and then you hire me. nod.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif I think you should reconsider carefully. It is actually a matter of a small sum and your ego. Swallow your pride and it will all go away unless you are a habitual late comer. blush.gif I don't know how long you have worked in this company and my guess is quite some time else you won't be feeling so disgruntled. Sometimes, I think it is just wise to work as much as expected and not more. I am always the kind that will go all out for a company without expecting anything more than my pay but bosses don't think like that. They are always harping for the profits. After an small incident, the boss kind of reprimanded me and this makes me so resentful. I was thinking to myself," After all the things that I did and never even calculated." I got more resentful and finally gave my resignation.

Just before the day came, my boss had another talk with me and asked me to stay on, sorta giving in but with pride. I held on to my decision adamantly and said, " A man always meant what he says." Like the chinese saying, " Both are on stage and both don't know how to get off the stage without compromising our own egos." In the end the restaurant lost a good chef and I lost a good job. Both had regrets. cry.gif I worked other places but never got the understanding of a good boss and he hired others but none were to his expectations. It is the extras that we put in in goodwill that matters here, to us workers. For a boss, the more they can get out of their workers the better. That's why the resentful feelings. rclxub.gif

Another example is my brother in-law. He didn't even pass his SPM, He got a job at Woo Hing as sales assistant. Month by month, year by year, he started repairing high end watches and finally he can service and repair Rolexes, APs etc. Bvlgari offered him a job and he took it at a higher salary. Bvlgari even sent him twice to Switzerland for courses and updating workshops seminars. One day a package came and in it was a few spares but a few winding knobs were thrown away together with the packaging. They were so tiny! The company accused him of stealing it but he denied it, off course. Then the company said they will deduct his pay in 6 staggered deductions. He got angry and didn't turn up for work the next day out of resent. The company's officials came to the house to asked him back to work but he refused to see him.

Now, he is just changing straps and selling cheap watches for a chain of watch stores located in a hypermart. Isn't that a waste over a small matter or ego and pride. hmm.gif

Reconsider. icon_idea.gif

[/quote]

man , i notworthy.gif your brother. ego is one thing, stand up for yourself is another. your bro did the right thing that other might not do today. tell him that he should not regret his decision but of course, ask him to go for another job, since he has been sent to training oversea, so should have certs at least.. he gonna make it somehow.

[/quote]

Actually after reading yr story it does make sense. Sometime we let our pride get in our way. To put it cruelly our balls are blocking our view of the big picture. Fully agree with you as the same thing happened to me. What a waste

This post has been edited by mercury8400: Apr 2 2011, 11:41 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:36 PM