Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Deduct Salary for being late :(, chinaman company again...

views

nononsense
post Apr 8 2011, 01:41 AM

Getting Started
106 posts

Instead of blaming your boss and company which you can't change, try to change yourself first.
In the first place, why were you late? Is it reasonable for an employee to be late? If you are late due to traffic jams, then plan your journey earlier. Stop giving excuses and blaming the boss for deducting your salary. Take the blame!
If you change job and continue with being late, it is only a matter of time before your new employer would also deduct your salary. And then what? Are you going to search for a new job again?

TSfelizstyle
post May 10 2011, 02:44 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(nononsense @ Apr 8 2011, 01:41 AM)
Instead of blaming your boss and company which you can't change, try to change yourself first.
In the first place, why were you late? Is it reasonable for an employee to be late? If you are late due to traffic jams, then plan your journey earlier. Stop giving excuses and blaming the boss for deducting your salary. Take the blame!
If you change job and continue with being late, it is only a matter of time before your new employer would also deduct your salary. And then what? Are you going to search for a new job again?
hey man or woman ! this is the last time i explain this..

actually the boss said we can be late, but then she suddenly tell different story!

this is her fault as she does not keep to what she said.

if you don't know the story well, pls dun just simply said and blame...

now..she does not mention about it anymore. I guess she ady know people are dissatisfied..

i will not be late to work...i have worked in several places, even though i don't think being on time to work is that important, but i still follow the rules.

and finally, the reason that i change job is not because of this, it is because i cant find my future here.

furryfluffy
post May 10 2011, 02:52 PM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(felizstyle @ May 10 2011, 02:44 PM)
hey man or woman ! this is the last time i explain this..

actually the boss said we can be late, but then she suddenly tell different story!

this is her fault as she does not keep to what she said.

if you don't know the story well, pls dun just simply said and blame...

now..she does not mention about it anymore.  I guess she ady know people are dissatisfied..

i will not be late to work...i have worked in several places, even though i don't think being on time to work is that important, but i still follow the rules.

and finally, the reason that i change job is not because of this, it is because i cant find my future here.
U should not be late in the first place right?

debbieyss
post May 10 2011, 04:10 PM

Look at all my stars! I want to be a SUPERSTAR!
4,458 posts

Everytime i read any stories happened in Chinaman companies, I will think of my ex-company. A nightmare to me indeed....
debbieyss
post May 10 2011, 04:11 PM

4,458 posts

QUOTE(furryfluffy @ May 10 2011, 02:52 PM)
U should not be late in the first place right?
I would said both parties also wrong. Can't blame only TS alone.
furryfluffy
post May 10 2011, 04:27 PM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(debbieyss @ May 10 2011, 04:11 PM)
I would said both parties also wrong. Can't blame only TS alone.
I think the boss only want to make it a deterrent punishment and it hurts the most by attacking the monetary part.

And no one likes being fined... tongue.gif

So, be punctual... i think it's one of the virtues if you can be punctual. Whether the worker stay back to work extra hours or not, punctuality is still important.

I remember my previous company, the HOD comes in at 11am, the staff in the dept comes in earlier than 11am is still considered OK, while work starts at 830am.

We had to wait for certain urgent things while they took their own sweet time to come to work... doh.gif

debbieyss
post May 10 2011, 04:30 PM

4,458 posts

Again, I would still say there should be fair and just. If the employee can be punctual or even come 5 minutes earlier, then can he leave the office 5 minutes earlier? Cannot, right? Unless you expect the employee to stand at the office door gate until 9am sharp then only step in. But if the boss wants to count like that, life will be very miserable.

If the employee can finish the work on time, then why bother about the late or punctual of merely 5 minutes?
furryfluffy
post May 10 2011, 05:25 PM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(debbieyss @ May 10 2011, 04:30 PM)
Again, I would still say there should be fair and just. If the employee can be punctual or even come 5 minutes earlier, then can he leave the office 5 minutes earlier? Cannot, right? Unless you expect the employee to stand at the office door gate until 9am sharp then only step in. But if the boss wants to count like that, life will be very miserable.

If the employee can finish the work on time, then why bother about the late or punctual of merely 5 minutes?

Work in office is not like do homework... Finish 1 chapter can consider finish.... laugh.gif

Work is a continuous process, and if the employee is paid to work from 9am to 5pm, then at least work the full 9am to 5pm. Start 9am sharp & leave at 5pm sharp, I'm ok.

In a teamwork, if a person comes late, and the team cant get things done coz 1 person is not there, then it waste the time of everybody.
SUSdantck
post May 10 2011, 06:54 PM

Regular
1,004 posts

after jap comp. change LCLY MD ,

even 1 minute oso consider late , every 1 need to write name n signature , who top late pblish in every1 email late ,

most greatest , after a few month , they threaten to sack u ...
many scared lo , so punctual even late kaki oso same , but i got a better job d hehe 4th.

This post has been edited by dantck: May 10 2011, 06:55 PM
debbieyss
post May 10 2011, 07:20 PM

4,458 posts

QUOTE(furryfluffy @ May 10 2011, 05:25 PM)
Work in office is not like do homework... Finish 1 chapter can consider finish.... laugh.gif

Work is a continuous process, and if the employee is paid to work from 9am to 5pm, then at least work the full 9am to 5pm. Start 9am sharp & leave at 5pm sharp, I'm ok.

In a teamwork, if a person comes late, and the team cant get things done coz 1 person is not there, then it waste the time of everybody.
So in case the work is not done yet but one person needs to leave on the dot, then how? Must follow the majority and stay back?
No way to me... tongue.gif
seantang
post May 10 2011, 09:29 PM

With Adult Supervision Only
6,624 posts

It's very amusing how often topics like these crop up. People complaining about how the company doesn't do things that they like/approve of. You must have heard of the concept of organisational fit, right? If you do not fit the orgn and its culture, you change or you leave. Simple as that. As an employee and if your company/boss is not doing anything illegal, your only bargaining chip is your willingness to walk away.

Talking about your company/boss being wrong/bad/incompetent, how they should do what you think they should be doing, how you fight or change the company/boss - that's just a waste of time and simply ignores the golden rule of working life. What's the golden rule? He who holds the gold, makes the rules. You want your life and work to be different? Become the guy who holds the gold. Then you can make the rules.

This post has been edited by seantang: May 10 2011, 09:31 PM
TommyTan
post May 10 2011, 10:11 PM

You can call me Mr. Tan or Tommy
1,777 posts

Yep. walk away to somewhere who tolerates you for being always late. i am sure lots of places out there dont care about your attendance.
furryfluffy
post May 11 2011, 09:38 AM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(debbieyss @ May 10 2011, 07:20 PM)
So in case the work is not done yet but one person needs to leave on the dot, then how? Must follow the majority and stay back?
No way to me...  tongue.gif
I think u r the one asking me about opportunity to work as real estate negotiator right?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So u like to dictate your own working time.

Would you be late for appointment with clients?

QUOTE(seantang @ May 10 2011, 09:29 PM)
It's very amusing how often topics like these crop up. People complaining about how the company doesn't do things that they like/approve of. You must have heard of the concept of organisational fit, right? If you do not fit the orgn and its culture, you change or you leave. Simple as that. As an employee and if your company/boss is not doing anything illegal, your only bargaining chip is your willingness to walk away.

Talking about your company/boss being wrong/bad/incompetent, how they should do what you think they should be doing, how you fight or change the company/boss - that's just a waste of time and simply ignores the golden rule of working life. What's the golden rule? He who holds the gold, makes the rules. You want your life and work to be different? Become the guy who holds the gold. Then you can make the rules.
nod.gif

A company culture tends to keep a certain traits of individuals that fit into its culture. If the employee doesn't fit in, the only way is to change, or to leave. Example:

1) Those who enjoy the slow-pace of working in gov dept moved to private sector would be shocked at how fast things move

2) Those who are very highly driven working in a slow-paced environment would die of frustration & boredom. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by furryfluffy: May 11 2011, 09:40 AM
debbieyss
post May 11 2011, 09:50 AM

4,458 posts

That property agent is not team work, it is individual business, time is flexi, if I set the time for meeting appointment, of course i will be punctual. If the appointment ends early, I can leave early.

Company is different, if i finish work early, I can't leave early. If I reach early, i stay back = normal or hardworking, which is not fair.
cutegal0886
post May 11 2011, 09:54 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(felizstyle @ Mar 24 2011, 05:49 AM)
Yesterday, the lady boss said they will deduct salary for those who always come late without any warning letter. Besides, their deduction is according to OT rate, that means has to x1.5 every hours. This company being really mean to their workers.

1. ) Is it legal for them to deduct our salaries without warning letter? (just oral warning, but some people don't hear about it). Even though we come in late, but we do work extra hours for them to reach 8.30 working hours. From what I know, they just choose certain people for deduction of salary, even though our supervisors situation worse, but no action against them. So unfair. we are coming late as our supervisors said we can, but Boss said cannot. We know this is our mistake, but they just takes action on people who r still in probation but not supervisors that has more serious late problem. This makes us feel total disagree!!!

2.) Is it the deduction is based on OT rate? For people who salary lower then 1500, their OT are gone.

3.) This company wants all their workers work on public holiday with replacement of 1 day leave. Is it legal? If not, what action we can take?

4.) Before, they r using 6 days work. Now, They r practicing 5 days work, that is from 5.30am till 3.00pm. It suppose to start on Friday, but they want us start before the date. That means we are working one extra day (Saturday), but no extra leave given. Are they doing right?
Latest Progress

5. ) Now, this company offer us to work one more day to do replacement for being late, and no salary will be deducted. Can they force their workers like that? Actually they just asking people who r still in probation to work extra day, but other workers are free of that. They are bullying new people and those who has resign.

6.) Actually i really love to report this matter to Malaysia Labor Department, but is it action will be taken? and is this matter will be concerned?
This chinaman company is being mean to their workers, one of our colleagues that work here for 3 years and will resign this month also deducted for being late. He always stay at this office till 12.am but the reward is salary deducted. Also, one of the norm ins chinaman company also exist in here, salary are extremely low. Salary for people who ady worked for 5 years is below RM3000....what!?!?unbelievable... That guy is supervisor and always OT for this company, but never appreciated. Lastly, this company turnover is extremely high...just like what i read in other thread in this forum, this is a typical chinaman company.  sad.gif  icon_question.gif

Besides, they also disallow their workers to take half day leave which is against labor law again.
I am here to ask for solution, whether i can report this matter to government or not.. Because i afraid even after i report, no actions will be taken.
What i can said... if you feel unfair to you... just look for another job.
Some of your boss lady do is still consider legal eventhrough is unfair to u...
Normally replacement given is legal in labour law...

furryfluffy
post May 11 2011, 10:12 AM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(debbieyss @ May 11 2011, 09:50 AM)
That property agent is not team work, it is individual business, time is flexi, if I set the time for meeting appointment, of course i will be punctual. If the appointment ends early, I can leave early.

Company is different, if i finish work early, I can't leave early. If I reach early, i stay back = normal or hardworking, which is not fair.

This leads to the discussion here: Stay Back Culture

You are basically trading ur 9-5 for your salary and bound by that when u are under employment.

Like it or not, be punctual, do ur job and leave on time. That is the least u can do.

Whether the job require you to stay back or not, that is up to you. Some companies dun care, some see that as ur extra effort. It depends on the company's culture. Dun like the culture, walk away.

If u know u cant commit to 9-5, then find a job that suits u.smile.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 PM