Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What will happen if i dont activate my credit card

views

alexwsk
post Dec 13 2013, 11:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(blibala @ Dec 12 2013, 11:02 PM)
Same thing happened to me. Recently i applied housing loan from cxmb bank. The salesman told me credit card is bundled in the loan package. And if i dont need it, i can cancel it wihout having to pay single cent upon received the card. Eventually my loan got approved but i rejected tehir offer. Two weeks later a platinum card sent to me. I did not activate the card and i call customer careline to cancel since i dont need it. They allow me to cancel it but insist i need to pay for gst.. Wtf. I applied housing loan and i got credit card and i cant cancel it without paying gst. I also dont want to get blacklisted due to rm50.

Ok. Can i complain to bank negara because the salesman gave me wrong info or misled me? I dont want to pay gst
same old tactic
lodge a complain to bnm, said salesperson misled u the cc is bundled with the loan
most likely cimb will let u cancel without paying RM50
alexwsk
post Dec 14 2013, 01:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(brightjoey @ Dec 14 2013, 12:19 AM)
I too signed up for 3 credit cards. But they assured me that no annual fee will be paid on the 1st year and so I won't have to pay a cent.

Now there with GST, I really hoped I won't have to pay at all. If it cost me GST I rather not have many credit cards unless I'm sure I want it.
annual fees and GST are different matters
try to call and check whether you can cancel without paying the GST, else keep it with you for a year

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 AM