Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sub Sale for Under Construction Property, Property

evie_c
post Mar 21 2011, 12:48 AM, updated 7y ago

Group: Junior Member

Hi, I would like to check whether is it possible to sell a property under construction?

Can any one advise me on this?
CyrusChang
post Mar 21 2011, 12:59 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Depend on developer!!!
evie_c
post Mar 21 2011, 01:05 AM

QUOTE(CyrusChang @ Mar 21 2011, 01:59 AM)
Depend on developer!!!
So it means that if the developer does not allow it then there's no way that the owner could sell the property until the completion of the property.. So that means I have to speak to the Developer or check the S&P for further clarifications...
cutealex
post Mar 21 2011, 09:51 AM

Buy Lands,Properties& Precious Metals..

Yes, check with Developer... because they are the one to holding the title now (Master).. some developer ok but some they would suggest sell only upon VP, then u have to approach your Developer... 2nd, you have to pay bank penalty for early / half way redeem loan ...
michaellee
post Mar 21 2011, 09:57 AM

Regular

QUOTE(evie_c @ Mar 21 2011, 12:48 AM)
Hi, I would like to check whether is it possible to sell a property under construction?

Can any one advise me on this?
This is an interesting scenario especially if your buyer is taking a bank loan. How would the bank treat this transaction especially since it is partial drawdown and you cannot assign your rights since the property is yet to be completed.

In my limited legal knowledge, I think the best way would be for a conditional SPA where the buyer will pay the vendor an agreed deposit and to draw down only after the assignment can be done.
evie_c
post Mar 24 2011, 10:03 PM

Thanks everyone.. have check with the Developer and they do not allow any transfer of ownership during construction but we still can have sub-sale on the side and the new owner will only pay us 10% and the balance upon completion and hand-over of the key... so I guess not much difference if I sell it after completion of the property..

Thanks again...
airline
post Mar 24 2011, 10:06 PM

7 stars

Cant. I ask developers before eg Ytl cant
Tan& tan developer maybe can.
CyrusChang
post Mar 24 2011, 10:23 PM

Enthusiast

I believe most developers won't allow buyers do that coz it will affect their sale on left over units as well as next phase in the project!

michaellee
post Mar 25 2011, 11:12 AM

Regular

QUOTE(evie_c @ Mar 24 2011, 10:03 PM)
Thanks everyone.. have check with the Developer and they do not allow any transfer of ownership during construction but we still can have sub-sale on the side and the new owner will only pay us 10% and the balance upon completion and hand-over of the key... so I guess not much difference if I sell it after completion of the property..

Thanks again...
As what I have said above, you can go into a conditional SPA like what the developer has told you. There is actually a difference whether you sell it now or later. Prices might go up and prices might go down. If prices go up or if you forecast prices to go up, then better wait. But if you think prices might drop, then you can get the person to sign now and if they refuse to buy after the prices go down, then at least you earn yourself a neat 10%.
xepa
post Mar 25 2011, 06:14 PM

Casual

QUOTE(evie_c @ Mar 24 2011, 10:03 PM)

Thanks again...
i think it's a big difference cuz usually the price hikes after completion of the property

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0674sec    2.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 07:27 AM