Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

how to bring a dog from E to W Malaysia, the procedure... and any1 has done it b4

views

TSPetre
post Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM, updated 13y ago

Default Member Title
4,274 posts

hope you guys can help me...

i am relocating soon from East to West Malaysia and want to bring my dog over.

is it possible?

what are the procedures?

hope someone can help

thanks
HaoYuan
post Mar 14 2011, 02:17 PM

Kai Qi Baby
1,401 posts

QUOTE(Petre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM)
hope you guys can help me...

i am relocating soon from East to West Malaysia and want to bring my dog over.

is it possible?

what are the procedures?

hope someone can help

thanks
Ship? or u try call airasia or MH and see
CutiePie69
post Mar 14 2011, 02:32 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(HaoYuan @ Mar 14 2011, 03:17 PM)
Ship? or u try call airasia or MH and see
Only MAS transport live animals.
First of all you need to ensure that your dog has all the necessary vacinations done including rabies.
Then apply for an Import Permit from Jabatan Haiwan KL.
After getting the Import Permit only then you can apply for the export permit from Jabatan Haiwan KK.
Once all that is obtained you will need to bring your dog for a vet check up at the Jabatan Haiwan and if your dog pass the test you will be issue with a 'Health Certificate' that is valid for 7 days.
During this 7 days you will need to book with MAS Cargo to transport your dog to KL.
Bear in mind you will need to hire an agent at MAS Cargo to do the customs paper work for you.
Few years back it cost RM150.
Not sure now.
Once all that is done your dog is ready to travel.

yeowa
post Mar 14 2011, 02:58 PM

Entrepreneur wannabe
1,258 posts

Dear TS, my hometown is in Kch and last year I actually planned to send a poodle back. Not that easy but if you don't mind to pay additional RM1-2k, things will be smoother. The main setback is the quarantine period from 1mth to 6mths if I am not wrong.

I suggest you call Jabatan Haiwan of the town you want to bring your dog over. The Kuching one is the semmengoh office and quarantine is at sekama area. Ask them what documents is required and of course never tell them about the fast track. Lol... I think the fast track one you can ask other ppl to help you, not me for sure. smile.gif Ask them what is the procedure, and rabies jab need to be given 6 months prior to flight but things may change so better confirm.

Then you need to buy air ticket for your dog to be on MAS cargo plane and you need to place him with animal hotel there. CutiePie has explain most of the procedures.
CorgiPaws
post Mar 25 2011, 05:37 PM

12 posts

bringing pets from east to west is actually easier. I brought my dog from Kuching to KL early last year and did everything without an agent.

1. Get the dog vaccination all updated and have the vet give u a health booklet. also inform the vet that you are bringing your dog to west malaysia so that they can give u all the necessary jabs and advise.

2. Have someone at your destination to apply for a dog import permit from the veterinary services authority. you'll need to find out which one and where cause i don't know where you're heading. for this, you'll need a copy of the doggie health booklet.

3. Bring your dog to your local veterinary sevices authority to verify the health booklet and apply for a export permit.

4. Buy your dog ticket from MAS on the day of your flight. I'm not sure if airasia transports pets. I paid RM300+ for my dog. She weighed about 11.5kg then. They charge by total weight.

I think there's a timeline for one of the steps. Something like do it within 1 week of departure date. It's better for you to just call up your local vet authority and ask. They are quite helpful. Also, you might want to check with MAS if you need to advise them that you are bringing your pet along. Cause I checked everything with all parties before my departure date.

Also, when I reached KLIA, I had to wait quite some time for the cargo staff to bring my dog. cause they need to remove all lugage first and brought my dog into the airport. Then, I went to the customs with my dog and gave all my documents to the officer and paid about RM30 for export.

And last, you need a crate big enough for your dog to sit and turn around inside. Also, attach a bucket of water inside for your dog to drink. and put something comfy inside. no hard toys should be in there.

TSPetre
post Mar 28 2011, 09:00 AM

Default Member Title
4,274 posts

thanks guys for all the help. i yet to decide my travelling date but i'll keep track all your guide. will update you guys

thanks again smile.gif
TSPetre
post May 30 2011, 02:41 PM

Default Member Title
4,274 posts

still not sure whether to bring my dog from Kuching to Penang, or to bring back to my hometown... gonna be staying in Npark Apartment. anyone having animals there? mind to share what's the situation? i am aware that its not allowed to have animals but i know a lot of people do
yuen300
post Jun 2 2011, 08:26 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

Just want to remind that if you are going to work there for few months, it is better to leave your dog in your hometown. Since when you trying to bring back your dog next time, there is a need for your dog to be quarantine for six month when the dog is travelling from the West Malaysia to East Malaysia.
TSPetre
post Jun 7 2011, 12:31 PM

Default Member Title
4,274 posts

i think i better bring my dog back to my hometown, which is around 5 hours by bus. anyone has any advice? i dont think my dog can stand a 5 hr journey. is there any medicine or sedative that is safe, and can be used so that she can sleep or at least be calm for a trip?

i know it may sound like a torture but after much thought, i think i better bring my dog back to my hometown and not to penang, as i will be staying in an apartment and i dont want to see her having so limited space and probably have to face difficulties to go outside
sigh...

again i need advice on travelling with a dog by bus. thanks

Added on June 7, 2011, 12:31 pmor an express boat, which may take only 3 hours

This post has been edited by Petre: Jun 7 2011, 12:31 PM
Essabelletan
post May 6 2019, 12:00 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(CorgiPaws @ Mar 25 2011, 05:37 PM)
bringing pets from east to west is actually easier. I brought my dog from Kuching to KL early last year and did everything without an agent.

1. Get the dog vaccination all updated and have the vet give u a health booklet. also inform the vet that you are bringing your dog to west malaysia so that they can give u all the necessary jabs and advise.

2. Have someone at your destination to apply for a dog import permit from the veterinary services authority. you'll need to find out which one and where cause i don't know where you're heading. for this, you'll need a copy of the doggie health booklet.

3. Bring your dog to your local veterinary sevices authority to verify the health booklet and apply for a export permit.

4. Buy your dog ticket from MAS on the day of your flight. I'm not sure if airasia transports pets. I paid RM300+ for my dog. She weighed about 11.5kg then. They charge by total weight.

I think there's a timeline for one of the steps. Something like do it within 1 week of departure date. It's better for you to just call up your local vet authority and ask. They are quite helpful. Also, you might want to check with MAS if you need to advise them that you are bringing your pet along. Cause I checked everything with all parties before my departure date.

Also, when I reached KLIA, I had to wait quite some time for the cargo staff to bring my dog. cause they need to remove all lugage first and brought my dog into the airport. Then, I went to the customs with my dog and gave all my documents to the officer and paid about RM30 for export.

And last, you need a crate big enough for your dog to sit and turn around inside. Also, attach a bucket of water inside for your dog to drink. and put something comfy inside. no hard toys should be in there.
Very detail and thank you for the explanation on the process. Thank you
Dumitru Ivanov
post Oct 9 2019, 02:58 PM

3 posts

Thanks for the explanation guys!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:16 PM