Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> i need help!, contractor, lighting shop, etc

views

TSdd1203
post Mar 8 2011, 02:53 PM, updated 14y ago

0 posts

blink.gif

im goin crazy thinking where to start finding contractor for new house. move in next month, gonna doing minor renovation e.g: build in wardrobe, Kitchen cabinet, tv console, plaster ceiling, polycarbonates roof, grill etc.

please recommend me a good contractor. in seremban area, nearby can be considered. thank you...

btw, what things should i buy first?

centurionstareng
post Mar 8 2011, 03:03 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dd1203 @ Mar 8 2011, 06:53 PM)
blink.gif

im goin crazy thinking where to start finding contractor for new house. move in next month, gonna doing minor renovation e.g: build in wardrobe, Kitchen cabinet, tv console, plaster ceiling, polycarbonates roof, grill etc.

please recommend me a good contractor. in seremban area, nearby can be considered. thank you...

btw, what things should i buy first?
Know what you mean, went through the same thing 4 years ago lol. Just some sharing you may find helpful.

1. Built in wardrobes, kitchen cabinets - you can actually try those furniture galleries around your area. Nowadays, the wardrobes can be custom made to suite the dimensions of your room. The samples are in the galleries so find something close to what you like, and tweak it from there. Saves time from getting a contractor/interior design person to come and view, plans, drawings, re-work again, final drawings etc etc. Furthermore, its going to be more expensive too. So scout the furniture galleries around your area.

2. TV console - furniture galleries! There are plenty of beautiful ones from RM500 - RM2500 you are bound to find something beautiful and comes with lighting as well.

3. Plaster ceiling, polycarbonate roof, grille, alarms, glass tinting, renovations etc can be done by any standard contractor. However you can try 019 - 279 8216, this guy does LED lightings and he has reliable contractors who can do reno etc as well.

You may want to prepare that you may not be able to move in by this month end...realistic would be end of next mth... whistling.gif
TSdd1203
post Mar 8 2011, 03:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(centurionstareng @ Mar 8 2011, 03:03 PM)
Know what you mean, went through the same thing 4 years ago lol. Just some sharing you may find helpful.

1. Built in wardrobes, kitchen cabinets - you can actually try those furniture galleries around your area. Nowadays, the wardrobes can be custom made to suite the dimensions of your room. The samples are in the galleries so find something close to what you like, and tweak it from there. Saves time from getting a contractor/interior design person to come and view, plans, drawings, re-work again, final drawings etc etc. Furthermore, its going to be more expensive too. So scout the furniture galleries around your area.

2. TV console - furniture galleries! There are plenty of beautiful ones from RM500 - RM2500 you are bound to find something beautiful and comes with lighting as well.

3. Plaster ceiling, polycarbonate roof, grille, alarms, glass tinting, renovations etc can be done by any standard contractor. However you can try 019 - 279 8216, this guy does LED lightings and he has reliable contractors who can do reno etc as well.

You may want to prepare that you may not be able to move in by this month end...realistic would be end of next mth... whistling.gif
ya... hopefully all job can be done before end of April... i have few design on my mind. and i need contractor to make it reality... hahaha... but the funniest thing is, i dont have complete floor plan. it was not complete in the snp
centurionstareng
post Mar 8 2011, 04:01 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dd1203 @ Mar 8 2011, 03:23 PM)
ya... hopefully all job can be done before end of April... i have few design on my mind. and i need contractor to make it reality... hahaha... but the funniest thing is, i dont have complete floor plan. it was not complete in the snp
You can take the dimensions yourself and just draw a simple floor plan, room by room only, as the furniture guy will need to know the dimensions. Don't forget to measure the ceiling height as well, in case you want a custom design full height wardrobe and so on. Happy reno! biggrin.gif
TSdd1203
post Mar 9 2011, 12:41 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(centurionstareng @ Mar 8 2011, 04:01 PM)
You can take the dimensions yourself and just draw a simple floor plan, room by room only, as the furniture guy will need to know the dimensions. Don't forget to measure the ceiling height as well, in case you want a custom design full height wardrobe and so on. Happy reno! biggrin.gif
i have the ceiling height. now cant go nto the house already. it's locked! huhuhu... have to ask for the floor plan from developer and damn, we were charge for overdue interest, and the mistake has been done by developer and lawyer... i just dont want to 'amuk' already...
koh_424
post Mar 9 2011, 01:22 PM

♀ Luv is in the air ♂
1,487 posts

QUOTE(dd1203 @ Mar 9 2011, 12:41 AM)
i have the ceiling height. now cant go nto the house already. it's locked! huhuhu... have to ask for the floor plan from developer and damn, we were charge for overdue interest, and the mistake has been done by developer and lawyer... i just dont want to 'amuk' already...
Y the house is locked? U not yet get ur key?
TSdd1203
post Mar 11 2011, 11:27 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(koh_424 @ Mar 9 2011, 01:22 PM)
Y the house is locked? U not yet get ur key?
not yet tongue.gif
soon... end of this month...
have no time after rcv key dats y la miserable...
myonedeco
post Mar 11 2011, 11:48 AM

11 posts

Are you going to have concealed wires for AC or any electrical appliances? do lay the wires first, you can install those stuffs later. If you stay in the house and do it, it will be quite dirty especially if you have babies or kids around.
TSdd1203
post Mar 11 2011, 02:57 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(myonedeco @ Mar 11 2011, 11:48 AM)
Are you going to have concealed wires for AC or any electrical appliances? do lay the wires first, you can install those stuffs later. If you stay in the house and do it, it will be quite dirty especially if you have babies or kids around.
that's what im thinking... install the dirty job first... like plaster ceiling, KC and wiring... lot of things to do and list... especially on contractor at reasonable price. always heard contractor always run before job done etc,...scary....~
new[x]
post Mar 12 2011, 01:06 PM

Casual
411 posts

What is KC?
Kitchen Cabinet?
Jo_da48
post Mar 12 2011, 04:43 PM

Regular
1,529 posts

Dont rush to move in or chasing your contractors to get thing done, else you may get a worst job when bring other issue in future. DO it and do it right in first time. icon_rolleyes.gif

Last page on your S&P should already have the floor Plan plus you should still keep the broacher, rights???
As recommend by other, get the dirty job done fast..the rest can wait.

* I'm doing renovation now, and Iinformed my contractor take his time, and make sure in future only visit me for a drink or new job or 8, not coming back for repair... brows.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:44 PM