Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Unifi blocks so many so many website!

views

yoda
post Mar 5 2011, 08:36 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Mar 5 2011, 07:55 PM)
Haha, I doubt that's the case. I admit I don't use services from China based servers, so the routing could be poor for those websites. But here are some facts :

1) TM did implement a HTTP throttle on Streamyx a couple of months ago (which I analyzed alongside vapeace) and can throttle HTTP based on extensions/domains however it has not been implemented on the Unifi network

2) TM has the Sandvine box to perform HTTP + BT throttling but it hasn't been implemented yet. P2P is running at full speed and I haven't seen any users complain about that. If TM were to clamp down on heavy downloaders, they would probably start with P2P traffic then move on to other protocols.

Whenever people have issues with their download speed, they should post their :

1) Speedtest results to KL/Msia servers and their TM exchange (if they know it)

2) Which websites/services they're having slow speeds with

3) What protocols they're using along with the method of which they're using that protocol (download accelerators? connection count?)

At least that would give people some idea of the problem you're facing. What I see instead are people jumping to conclusions that throttling is taking place without performing any tests or providing any evidence. Everyone seems to think that all servers in the world are created equal and local servers will always give you full speed. I could place a bandwidth cap on a server in Cyberjaya and you would hit 100KB/s regardless of your location. I also recall when the GeoIP database for the Unifi IP range placed some users in a different country causing them to run speedtest.net against some piece of shit server and rage about how they were only getting 128kbps and 800ms latency. When Unifi had routing issues with amazon.com servers last week, some guy was going on about how TM has 'blocked' amazon http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1774834. Really, being BLOCKED?

This isn't the first post that has claimed Unifi is being throttled. Your line may be slow, you may not be getting the speeds you're paying for but you're not providing any proof to back up your claims either. The TS is saying everyone on Unifi is being throttled (blocked?) and I'm saying that's not the case. I'm not going to support TM blindly nor am I going to bash them blindly.

That being said, I've used the service for almost a year now and I have noticed a slight slowdown. However I'm still able to stream Youtube HD easily as well as torrent/HTTP DDL at my maximum speed using the proper tools. I agreed to the monthly caps when I signed up for the service so I'd take 120GB/month over having every protocol throttled.
Unifi is having routing issue at this moment. I had this problem since early January, my TT (trouble ticket) is still not closed. If you have the same problem you may have notice high packet loss, ping timeouts and worst site become inaccessible. Last week i can't even open any of my facebook games. The funny thing is, i still can get full speed torrent/direct download.

I second riz, even if you 100Mbps line you can't expect to download at that speed if the other side cannot give you that speed, if the traffic is heavy, packet loss along the way. they are way just to many parameter. just blindly bashing bcoz your line not giving their max just plain ignorance

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 PM