Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Unifi blocks so many so many website!

views

rizvanrp
post Mar 5 2011, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Elite
195 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Mar 5 2011, 08:25 PM)
I'm from P1 and I am facing the same "missing license key" issue as well.  wink.gif
Someone should create a thread saying :

TM BLOCKING SPEEDTEST.NET TO HIDE POOR SPEED TEST RESULTS?

Lul laugh.gif
yoda
post Mar 5 2011, 08:36 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Mar 5 2011, 07:55 PM)
Haha, I doubt that's the case. I admit I don't use services from China based servers, so the routing could be poor for those websites. But here are some facts :

1) TM did implement a HTTP throttle on Streamyx a couple of months ago (which I analyzed alongside vapeace) and can throttle HTTP based on extensions/domains however it has not been implemented on the Unifi network

2) TM has the Sandvine box to perform HTTP + BT throttling but it hasn't been implemented yet. P2P is running at full speed and I haven't seen any users complain about that. If TM were to clamp down on heavy downloaders, they would probably start with P2P traffic then move on to other protocols.

Whenever people have issues with their download speed, they should post their :

1) Speedtest results to KL/Msia servers and their TM exchange (if they know it)

2) Which websites/services they're having slow speeds with

3) What protocols they're using along with the method of which they're using that protocol (download accelerators? connection count?)

At least that would give people some idea of the problem you're facing. What I see instead are people jumping to conclusions that throttling is taking place without performing any tests or providing any evidence. Everyone seems to think that all servers in the world are created equal and local servers will always give you full speed. I could place a bandwidth cap on a server in Cyberjaya and you would hit 100KB/s regardless of your location. I also recall when the GeoIP database for the Unifi IP range placed some users in a different country causing them to run speedtest.net against some piece of shit server and rage about how they were only getting 128kbps and 800ms latency. When Unifi had routing issues with amazon.com servers last week, some guy was going on about how TM has 'blocked' amazon http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1774834. Really, being BLOCKED?

This isn't the first post that has claimed Unifi is being throttled. Your line may be slow, you may not be getting the speeds you're paying for but you're not providing any proof to back up your claims either. The TS is saying everyone on Unifi is being throttled (blocked?) and I'm saying that's not the case. I'm not going to support TM blindly nor am I going to bash them blindly.

That being said, I've used the service for almost a year now and I have noticed a slight slowdown. However I'm still able to stream Youtube HD easily as well as torrent/HTTP DDL at my maximum speed using the proper tools. I agreed to the monthly caps when I signed up for the service so I'd take 120GB/month over having every protocol throttled.
Unifi is having routing issue at this moment. I had this problem since early January, my TT (trouble ticket) is still not closed. If you have the same problem you may have notice high packet loss, ping timeouts and worst site become inaccessible. Last week i can't even open any of my facebook games. The funny thing is, i still can get full speed torrent/direct download.

I second riz, even if you 100Mbps line you can't expect to download at that speed if the other side cannot give you that speed, if the traffic is heavy, packet loss along the way. they are way just to many parameter. just blindly bashing bcoz your line not giving their max just plain ignorance
Meiwei
post Mar 6 2011, 12:54 AM

8 posts

Im also having some slow download issues here. I used to download 400mb+ file within 20 mins. Since yesterday, all my downloads failed and even a 8mb file take forever to finish. I wonder what is unifi up to now? They better response to this matter.
dmc0105
post Mar 6 2011, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

Mediafire below 5kb/s here...
hackwire
post Mar 6 2011, 06:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

I wonder if the contract of 2 Years still stick if they fail to deliver? EVery customers have the right to cancel this contract if they fail to deliver , right?
Quantum_thinking
post Mar 6 2011, 07:41 PM

Getting Started with LYN
5,289 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Mar 6 2011, 06:26 PM)
I wonder if the contract of 2 Years still stick if they fail to deliver? EVery customers have the right to cancel this contract if they fail to deliver , right?
I guess it would be a lengthly process to prove that legally. sweat.gif
kailoonthedog
post Mar 7 2011, 07:00 AM

I have no super cow power~~~
2,470 posts

Aiya is like tat eh,we already live in this country so many years,we also know complain no use one,in the end you just waste strength while they still continue the same thing and letting you pay for it,so the only thing we can do that is,find the best ISP(although it is bad also),else you really need to go back stone ageXD.
TSgame333
post Apr 2 2011, 10:42 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(jAkUn @ Mar 5 2011, 11:33 AM)
VIP20 should squeeze more speed than 500KB/s as VIP 5 can squeeze up to 700KB/s. Print screen, and send to unifi@tm.com.my .
I also made comparison using different filehostings.
Speeds not throttle. I'm afraid they capped the download speeds from filehostings.
Is true that unifi have capped file hosting server.
This is why I use download manager and VPN software as well to avoid so many problem.

Added on April 2, 2011, 10:46 pm
QUOTE(Meiwei @ Mar 6 2011, 12:54 AM)
Im also having some slow download issues here. I used to download 400mb+ file within 20 mins. Since yesterday, all my downloads failed and even a 8mb file take forever to finish. I wonder what is unifi up to now? They better response to this matter.
You should try download manager to accelerate the speed.

Added on September 15, 2011, 5:45 pm
QUOTE(Quantum_thinking @ Mar 5 2011, 11:29 AM)
I heard that he uses multiple download in a time to get a faster speed on average. Does the Unifi throttle user's speed?  hmm.gif
Actually multiple download feature from download manager works like this.

This download manager owns alot of server, so when you're about to download file, your download manager will connect to them and then connect to you.

By this it always hasten your download speed.

This post has been edited by game333: Sep 15 2011, 05:45 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:04 PM