Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Unifi blocks so many so many website!

game333
post Mar 5 2011, 01:55 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

We all know Screamyx this company has set a limitation on browsing china website right?
I didn't know that they block megaupload as well, not to rapidshare.

Guess what, I tried to 100MB file, (/w no login)

Connect Only Unifi (10Mbps): 8 Hours.
Connect to VPN Singapore Host: 30 Mins.

Sigh............................................

This is the VPN software I used, http://tinyurl.com/3y59rjf with PPTP mode.
It bypass so many website, with this stupid screamyx price and limitation, I'm so headache of it!!
COMMENT!!

This post has been edited by game333: Sep 15 2011, 05:42 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Quantum_thinking
post Mar 5 2011, 02:02 AM

Getting Started with LYN
Group: Senior Member

According to my friend using unifi, the download from rapidshare is about 60kb/s average. Is that true?

By the way, what is the speed of the unifi if it is being throttled?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lionelzc
post Mar 5 2011, 09:10 AM

Getting Started

I wonder if changing the DNS would help?

PS I wonder why so many people think Streamyx is a company when it is a name for a DSL internet service while TM is the company responsible for both Unifi and Streamyx.

+Quote Post
jAkUn
post Mar 5 2011, 09:54 AM

Getting Started

Mediafire also the same.
+Quote Post
soulfly
post Mar 5 2011, 10:50 AM

revving towards 10,000 rpm
Group Icon
Overclockers United
Group: VIP

QUOTE(jAkUn @ Mar 5 2011, 09:54 AM)
Mediafire also the same.
My average full speed from Mediafire was around 100~150KB/s on Streamyx 1.5Mbps. If Unifi is slower than this, I don't know what else to say.
+Quote Post
Prevail
post Mar 5 2011, 11:04 AM

Getting Started

i am using biz5 download with IDM around 700kb/s
+Quote Post
jAkUn
post Mar 5 2011, 11:13 AM

Getting Started

my exchange is KLJ = Kelana Jaya
+Quote Post
merru
post Mar 5 2011, 11:15 AM

QUOTE(soulfly @ Mar 5 2011, 10:50 AM)
My average full speed from Mediafire was around 100~150KB/s on Streamyx 1.5Mbps. If Unifi is slower than this, I don't know what else to say.
I'm using vip20 ..and guess what? ..mediafire speed 5.9KB/s ..i mean ..right now
while using jdownloader should get around 500KB/s ..if u're lucky ..but most of the time the download speed will drop to around 80~100KB/s

This post has been edited by merru: Mar 5 2011, 11:18 AM
+Quote Post
Quantum_thinking
post Mar 5 2011, 11:29 AM

Getting Started with LYN

QUOTE(jAkUn @ Mar 5 2011, 09:54 AM)
Mediafire also the same.
I heard that he uses multiple download in a time to get a faster speed on average. Does the Unifi throttle user's speed? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
jAkUn
post Mar 5 2011, 11:33 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(merru @ Mar 5 2011, 12:15 PM)
I'm using vip20 ..and guess what? ..mediafire speed 5.9KB/s ..i mean ..right now
while using jdownloader should get around 500KB/s ..if u're lucky ..but most of the time the download speed will drop to around 80~100KB/s
VIP20 should squeeze more speed than 500KB/s as VIP 5 can squeeze up to 700KB/s. Print screen, and send to unifi@tm.com.my .
I also made comparison using different filehostings.

QUOTE(Quantum_thinking @ Mar 5 2011, 12:29 PM)
I heard that he uses multiple download in a time to get a faster speed on average. Does the Unifi throttle user's speed?  hmm.gif
Speeds not throttle. I'm afraid they capped the download speeds from filehostings.

+Quote Post
soulfly
post Mar 5 2011, 12:28 PM

revving towards 10,000 rpm
Group Icon
Overclockers United
Group: VIP

QUOTE(merru @ Mar 5 2011, 11:15 AM)
OK here's an update. Just now after the time passes 12:00pm, mediafire speed suddenly drop tremendously. average speed is less than 30KB/s. Streamyx IP 175.*.*.*
Disconnect and reconnected to IP 115.*.*.* speed back to normal.

Probably the problem really was unifi specific.

This post has been edited by soulfly: Mar 5 2011, 12:32 PM
+Quote Post
Quantum_thinking
post Mar 5 2011, 12:36 PM

Getting Started with LYN

QUOTE(jAkUn @ Mar 5 2011, 11:33 AM)
Speeds not throttle. I'm afraid they capped the download speeds from filehostings.
Indeed. Last time, my friend say that he could download more than 500kb/s from megaupload, but now he barely can see it hitting 200kb/s. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
xwsmx
post Mar 5 2011, 03:33 PM

Getting Started

so, the slow speed is due to unifi blocks certain website or unifi are temporarily down for now? :s
because i did realize that some of the websites are slow to load, i mean not the filehostings sites. and my torrent is working perfectly. hm.

This post has been edited by xwsmx: Mar 5 2011, 03:36 PM
+Quote Post
rizvanrp
post Mar 5 2011, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Networks & Broadband
Group: Elite

Single thread hotfile premium on VIP20 :

user posted image

Multiple (15) thread hotfile premium on VIP20 :

user posted image

No VPN/proxy being used.. also easily hitting 2.4MB/s on torrents (private trackers). There's no throttle or caps on Unifi (yet). If you're using a premium filehosting service and a premium broadband package (Unifi) but don't know how to use a download accelerator, you're not using either service properly. If you're just using free downloads without any premium account, it's likely that the hosting service has a bandwidth cap for free users.

This post has been edited by rizvanrp: Mar 5 2011, 05:46 PM
+Quote Post
whistler
post Mar 5 2011, 07:20 PM

On my way

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Mar 5 2011, 05:45 PM)
Single thread hotfile premium on VIP20 :

user posted image

Multiple (15) thread hotfile premium on VIP20 :

user posted image

No VPN/proxy being used.. also easily hitting 2.4MB/s on torrents (private trackers). There's no throttle or caps on Unifi (yet). If you're using a premium filehosting service and a premium broadband package (Unifi) but don't know how to use a download accelerator, you're not using either service properly. If you're just using free downloads without any premium account, it's likely that the hosting service has a bandwidth cap for free users.
sure la they wont throttle you...
kalo pandai...they will throttle everyone else then when these people complain here...tm hoping/expecting you to back them up wink.gif

such is life...
+Quote Post
rizvanrp
post Mar 5 2011, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Networks & Broadband

QUOTE(whistler @ Mar 5 2011, 07:20 PM)
sure la they wont throttle you...
kalo pandai...they will throttle everyone else then when these people complain here...tm hoping/expecting you to back them up wink.gif

such is life...
Haha, I doubt that's the case. I admit I don't use services from China based servers, so the routing could be poor for those websites. But here are some facts :

1) TM did implement a HTTP throttle on Streamyx a couple of months ago (which I analyzed alongside vapeace) and can throttle HTTP based on extensions/domains however it has not been implemented on the Unifi network

2) TM has the Sandvine box to perform HTTP + BT throttling but it hasn't been implemented yet. P2P is running at full speed and I haven't seen any users complain about that. If TM were to clamp down on heavy downloaders, they would probably start with P2P traffic then move on to other protocols.

Whenever people have issues with their download speed, they should post their :

1) Speedtest results to KL/Msia servers and their TM exchange (if they know it)

2) Which websites/services they're having slow speeds with

3) What protocols they're using along with the method of which they're using that protocol (download accelerators? connection count?)

At least that would give people some idea of the problem you're facing. What I see instead are people jumping to conclusions that throttling is taking place without performing any tests or providing any evidence. Everyone seems to think that all servers in the world are created equal and local servers will always give you full speed. I could place a bandwidth cap on a server in Cyberjaya and you would hit 100KB/s regardless of your location. I also recall when the GeoIP database for the Unifi IP range placed some users in a different country causing them to run speedtest.net against some piece of shit server and rage about how they were only getting 128kbps and 800ms latency. When Unifi had routing issues with amazon.com servers last week, some guy was going on about how TM has 'blocked' amazon http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1774834. Really, being BLOCKED?

This isn't the first post that has claimed Unifi is being throttled. Your line may be slow, you may not be getting the speeds you're paying for but you're not providing any proof to back up your claims either. The TS is saying everyone on Unifi is being throttled (blocked?) and I'm saying that's not the case. I'm not going to support TM blindly nor am I going to bash them blindly.

That being said, I've used the service for almost a year now and I have noticed a slight slowdown. However I'm still able to stream Youtube HD easily as well as torrent/HTTP DDL at my maximum speed using the proper tools. I agreed to the monthly caps when I signed up for the service so I'd take 120GB/month over having every protocol throttled.
+Quote Post
ntah_le
post Mar 5 2011, 08:06 PM

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Mar 5 2011, 07:55 PM)
Haha, I doubt that's the case. I admit I don't use services from China based servers, so the routing could be poor for those websites. But here are some facts :

1) TM did implement a HTTP throttle on Streamyx a couple of months ago (which I analyzed alongside vapeace) and can throttle HTTP based on extensions/domains however it has not been implemented on the Unifi network

2) TM has the Sandvine box to perform HTTP + BT throttling but it hasn't been implemented yet. P2P is running at full speed and I haven't seen any users complain about that. If TM were to clamp down on heavy downloaders, they would probably start with P2P traffic then move on to other protocols.

3) What protocols they're using along with the method of which they're using that protocol (download accelerators? connection count?)

At least that would give people some idea of the problem you're facing. What I see instead are people jumping to conclusions that throttling is taking place without performing any tests or providing any evidence. Everyone seems to think that all servers in the world are created equal and local servers will always give you full speed. I could place a bandwidth cap on a server in Cyberjaya and you would hit 100KB/s regardless of your location. I also recall when the GeoIP database for the Unifi IP range placed some users in a different country causing them to run speedtest.net against some piece of shit server and rage about how they were only getting 128kbps and 800ms latency. When Unifi had routing issues with amazon.com servers last week, some guy was going on about how TM has 'blocked' amazon http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1774834. Really, being BLOCKED?

This isn't the first post that has claimed Unifi is being throttled. Your line may be slow, you may not be getting the speeds you're paying for but you're not providing any proof to back up your claims either. The TS is saying everyone on Unifi is being throttled (blocked?) and I'm saying that's not the case. I'm not going to support TM blindly nor am I going to bash them blindly.

That being said, I've used the service for almost a year now and I have noticed a slight slowdown. However I'm still able to stream Youtube HD easily as well as torrent/HTTP DDL at my maximum speed using the proper tools. I agreed to the monthly caps when I signed up for the service so I'd take 120GB/month over having every protocol throttled.
How do you know sandvine policy traffic switch not yet implement?

+Quote Post
xwsmx
post Mar 5 2011, 08:06 PM

Getting Started

I agreed to the monthly caps when I signed up for the service so I'd take 120GB/month over having every protocol throttled.
the caps is not implemented yet? no?

as for the speed test, i tried UNIFI's speed test and working perfectly, while i can't load speedtest.net saying 'missing license key'.
on further note, most websites having trouble loading are filehostings and music blogs. thats for me. :/ i tried torrent, which works perfectly with the right torrent.

i'm not turning to a conclusion that UNIFI has caps the bandwith and blocking some sites, i'm still looking for answer. saya tumpang thread je nak tanya. >.>

This post has been edited by xwsmx: Mar 5 2011, 08:13 PM
+Quote Post
rizvanrp
post Mar 5 2011, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Networks & Broadband

QUOTE(ntah_le @ Mar 5 2011, 08:06 PM)
How do you know sandvine policy traffic switch not yet implement?
I've attended meetings with their network team (along with other forumers here) as well as based on the behavior of my line and those of my other friends under TTDI. I could of course talk to them again but it would look pretty stupid if I just walked up and asked 'hey I know a Unifi user who tried to download a 100MB file and it took 8 hours but it was faster via a PPTP VPN so you guys are probably throttling everyone right? Herpderp'.

Also, I did 9 months of research on bypassing stateful/deep packet inspection firewalls as my FYP project and came up with a method to bypass TM HTTP throttling based solely on packet manipulation without the use of a VPN/proxy server in between.

QUOTE(xwsmx @ Mar 5 2011, 08:06 PM)

as for the speed test, i tried UNIFI's speed test and working perfectly, while i can't load speedtest.net saying 'missing license key'.
on further note, most websites having trouble loading are filehostings and music blogs. thats for me. :/ i tried torrent, which works perfectly with the right torrent.

i'm not turning to a conclusion that UNIFI has caps the bandwith and blocking some sites, i'm still looking for answer. saya tumpang thread je nak tanya. >.>
Nope, no caps at the moment. If you're having proper speeds to local speedtest servers but poor download speeds from certain HTTP based sites, it's likely to be just a routing issue and you can get around it by increasing the connection count.. however if your local speedtest is screwed up you will likely need to lodge a report.

I would try using a download accelerator + premium filehost account. Their HTTP throttle will knock the speed down regardless of the amount of threads you use. So if you get 50KB/s with 1 thread and 50KB/s+/- with 10-20 threads to a proper filehosting service with a premium account, there's a high chance that there's some manipulation being done to the TCP connections.

With torrents, you'll probably get better speeds on private trackers as opposed to public trackers.

This post has been edited by rizvanrp: Mar 5 2011, 08:22 PM
+Quote Post
Icehart
post Mar 5 2011, 08:25 PM

QUOTE(xwsmx @ Mar 5 2011, 08:06 PM)

I'm from P1 and I am facing the same "missing license key" issue as well. wink.gif
+Quote Post
rizvanrp
post Mar 5 2011, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Networks & Broadband

QUOTE(Icehart @ Mar 5 2011, 08:25 PM)
I'm from P1 and I am facing the same "missing license key" issue as well.  wink.gif
Someone should create a thread saying :

TM BLOCKING SPEEDTEST.NET TO HIDE POOR SPEED TEST RESULTS?

Lul laugh.gif
+Quote Post
yoda
post Mar 5 2011, 08:36 PM

Getting Started

Unifi is having routing issue at this moment. I had this problem since early January, my TT (trouble ticket) is still not closed. If you have the same problem you may have notice high packet loss, ping timeouts and worst site become inaccessible. Last week i can't even open any of my facebook games. The funny thing is, i still can get full speed torrent/direct download.

I second riz, even if you 100Mbps line you can't expect to download at that speed if the other side cannot give you that speed, if the traffic is heavy, packet loss along the way. they are way just to many parameter. just blindly bashing bcoz your line not giving their max just plain ignorance
+Quote Post
Meiwei
post Mar 6 2011, 12:54 AM

Im also having some slow download issues here. I used to download 400mb+ file within 20 mins. Since yesterday, all my downloads failed and even a 8mb file take forever to finish. I wonder what is unifi up to now? They better response to this matter.
+Quote Post
dmc0105
post Mar 6 2011, 01:13 AM

Getting Started

Mediafire below 5kb/s here...
+Quote Post
hackwire
post Mar 6 2011, 06:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I wonder if the contract of 2 Years still stick if they fail to deliver? EVery customers have the right to cancel this contract if they fail to deliver , right?
+Quote Post
Quantum_thinking
post Mar 6 2011, 07:41 PM

Getting Started with LYN

QUOTE(hackwire @ Mar 6 2011, 06:26 PM)
I wonder if the contract of 2 Years still stick if they fail to deliver? EVery customers have the right to cancel this contract if they fail to deliver , right?
I guess it would be a lengthly process to prove that legally. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
kailoonthedog
post Mar 7 2011, 07:00 AM

I have no super cow power~~~

Aiya is like tat eh,we already live in this country so many years,we also know complain no use one,in the end you just waste strength while they still continue the same thing and letting you pay for it,so the only thing we can do that is,find the best ISP(although it is bad also),else you really need to go back stone ageXD.
+Quote Post
game333
post Apr 2 2011, 10:42 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jAkUn @ Mar 5 2011, 11:33 AM)
VIP20 should squeeze more speed than 500KB/s as VIP 5 can squeeze up to 700KB/s. Print screen, and send to unifi@tm.com.my .
I also made comparison using different filehostings.
Is true that unifi have capped file hosting server.
This is why I use download manager and VPN software as well to avoid so many problem.

Added on April 2, 2011, 10:46 pm
QUOTE(Meiwei @ Mar 6 2011, 12:54 AM)
Im also having some slow download issues here. I used to download 400mb+ file within 20 mins. Since yesterday, all my downloads failed and even a 8mb file take forever to finish. I wonder what is unifi up to now? They better response to this matter.
You should try download manager to accelerate the speed.

Added on September 15, 2011, 5:45 pm
QUOTE(Quantum_thinking @ Mar 5 2011, 11:29 AM)
I heard that he uses multiple download in a time to get a faster speed on average. Does the Unifi throttle user's speed?  hmm.gif
Actually multiple download feature from download manager works like this.

This download manager owns alot of server, so when you're about to download file, your download manager will connect to them and then connect to you.

By this it always hasten your download speed.

This post has been edited by game333: Sep 15 2011, 05:45 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0877sec    2.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:47 PM