Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Laminate vs timber plank, is it the same?

views

TSTidor
post Mar 1 2011, 04:07 PM, updated 14y ago

26 posts

Hi,

I've bought a house last two years and in SNP stated that 2nd floor flooring will use laminate flooring and stair will use timber plank.

When I receive the house this year, both 2nd floor and stair is using laminate flooring. Is it really the same or I've been cheated by developer?

In my "House user manual" that i received when I get the key also stated that both 2nd floor and stair is using laminated floor and not timber plank for stair as per in SNP, not sure if I can use the "house user manual" to fight for this?

Please help all sifu here.. thanks!
Shazzac
post Mar 1 2011, 05:05 PM

Casual
427 posts

Why not bring both house manual + SNP to the developer to enquire first.

See what is their response first. Anything in SNP will be official since also stamp already - so... yea.
SUSjdgobio
post Mar 1 2011, 05:38 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

its different thing but many developer like to cheat ppl by saying its timber flooring when its actually laminates (thin piece of plastic material with no wood in it).
PJusa
post Mar 1 2011, 05:43 PM

Regular
1,969 posts

jdgobio is right. two entirely different things. SNP is your contract, it's your right.
toffeeman
post Mar 2 2011, 08:38 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

Laminate flooring cost is significantly lower than timber plank. You must exercise your right as a consumer.
TSTidor
post Mar 2 2011, 05:04 PM

26 posts

thanks all for the advice and confirmation on it. Developer's contractor try to deny it by saying that the laminate flooring is what they use as timber plank and they have built as per specification. That is the tricky part and I'm trying to find solid answer to counter their statement.

Nvm I will try to bring this deeper to their management see what happen. Thanks2
PJusa
post Mar 2 2011, 05:29 PM

Regular
1,969 posts

this is bogus. nowhere on this planet does the rule timper plank = laminate flooring apply. insist on your rights.
skng03
post Mar 2 2011, 10:17 PM

Regular
1,450 posts

read carefully the spec in s&P, normally developer won't specify "solid timber plank" or full pcs timber plank, they'll just put in "timber flooring"...
lucerne
post Mar 3 2011, 11:32 PM

Regular
1,946 posts

yes laminated flooring is considered as one type of timber too, commonly known as RWP or reconsituted wood products but it is inferior than solid wood flooring. laminated floor is made from few layers, main component is HDF, top layer is paper (to imitate wood grain patern) + a thin layer of antiscratch coating on top of the paper.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:56 PM