Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Old skool shaving, Best and closest shave ever

views

blackbox14
post Jun 20 2020, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

QUOTE(LiangZhuge @ May 12 2020, 11:54 AM)
Recently found a Malaysian brand Cukur (made in India) safety razor. Selling around Rm40+. Anyone here have any experience with it ? Ada bagus a ? smile.gif

https://www.ekotopia.com.my/cukur
Hey. I'm a relative newbie to wet shaving and I've been using their short-handle razor and brush.

I could be mistaken, but from using Google to search for Indian manufacturers with similar-looking products, the Cukur brand items (specifically the brush and razors) appear to have been sourced from Pearl, which is one of several Indian companies including Parker and Romer. Some people have commented that Pearl razors are more on the aggressive side, but since the Cukur razor is my only DE so far and with my lack of experience, I can't confirm or deny that. I've gotten pretty close shaves with it with no pressure, though.

The build quality of the razor is okay for the price. I like the overall finish but diamond knurling on the grip is a bit rough when dry. Helps a lot with wet grip, though.

Brush is fantastic so far. But my first brush was a Venus that shed bristles like no tomorrow, so can't comment much on that either.

Not sure how these items will hold up in the hands of more experienced wet-shavers.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0330sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2021 - 05:28 AM