169 Pages « < 133 134 135 136 137 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Raw Selvedge Denim Thread, Version 4

views

chazychaz
post Apr 23 2012, 04:53 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(apsidewatch @ Apr 23 2012, 03:06 PM)
as u learn to appreciate raw denim, u will get to know about leather goods and learn the true vintage clothing that hold high quality compared to garments nowadays. im having a small regret right now over the purchase of some cheap leather belt, should have wait and read more to get it from tanner goods. doh.gif
Tanner is ok but look out for hollows leather, dontmournorganize, angelos, voyej and blackacre as well..

U can refer from this blog
www.indigoshrimp.wordpress.com
junky_man
post Apr 23 2012, 04:54 PM

The 'bater Debater

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Apr 23 2012, 04:51 PM)
i really wanted to repair the tapak kasut , but i want to use the original tapak from timberland... can ah like that? hahahaha....

sleep.gif
Haha, probably you can order it online, ship it here and ask the cobbler to do the rest?

I'll google it for you if it's possible. icon_rolleyes.gif
g3n0c|d3
post Apr 23 2012, 04:59 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....

QUOTE(junky_man @ Apr 23 2012, 04:54 PM)
Haha, probably you can order it online, ship it here and ask the cobbler to do the rest?

I'll google it for you if it's possible.  icon_rolleyes.gif
im not sure if the sell the tapak kasut only thou... but then again i'll try ask unker google for answer... sleep.gif
satar
post Apr 23 2012, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Stinky Fart @ Apr 23 2012, 04:20 PM)
beautiful shoes satar!
that's not mine dude,just to show an example of what my current dr martens conditions
chazychaz
post Apr 23 2012, 05:02 PM

On my way

QUOTE(soulquarianz @ Apr 23 2012, 03:42 PM)
ok no big deal...whatever happen in forum stay in forum.....

anyway this will be my last statement and i hope this will clear the issue.....first off all this could be just a miss understanding because if read carefully my words that i never intended to disrupt so called potential sales in fact i'm just asking is this from bla bla bla and if so pls get the IH bla bla coz its cheap etc...so for once i dont know how suddenly that can be consider offence and start telling me to learn and labelling me unethical just because i'm asking and sharing info.......

for once i dont give a shit how much money these overnight businessman makes and all i know since i join this LYN, never once i think i disrupted other ppls sales thread..yes i admit i'm a bargain hunter but isnt that what most ppl do?

they hoping to score a deal at CHEAP PRICE?...my nudie for example..there a people lowballing me for RM150 even after initial PM i already stated my lowest price......believe it or not..but still i didnt get angry etc i reply politely and i just say no...

so how much these overnight business man want to make its up to them (and i couldnt care less) but  again i just want to reiterare that i'm here becoz of this community and as many of you know..since this is a "small community" it would be wise to lead them or entice them to participate by sharing some info so we can grow big....even they are silent reader or lurker...for instance i do get quite numbers of PMs asking guidance/info etc which i gladly share..etc....again its a friendship that favours me.......hence sharing info....if you want to make money its your choice but when ppl complaint/compliment or say something dontlah get offended...take it as a positive input....so read and analyze carefully whats being written before coming into conclusion...

i have started this denim collection more then 20+ years and i want you all to know u that i have plenty of friends out there with some crazy selvage collection (some rare + dead stock + brand new - mainly Levi's 501) including boots, leather jacket etc....we always share info where to get stuff...also if either any us went to certain place or country we inform each other will make start saving and buy us some item etc.....this happen long before this forum exist....

also dont intend to fuel further but for me sharing where to get stuff at reasonable price should be made openly....if you're start charging i reckon it will be only certain number will participate.....this is internet....sea of information...most probably the info for this paid content is also gotten from open forum, newsletter etc...

if you want to held a competition with prize money then by right..ask money from the participant itself like most forum do to show they are serious about participating.....or get sponsorship from denim company to come out with special denim edition just for competition and ask each participant  to buy the jeans or pre-select what jeans, brand, weight etc and winner will get a new pair from the participant money or the sponsorship.......that is the right thing to do...
signing off....
well said my friend..i got ur point..maybe i should start contributing to fellow denimheads here...

Added on April 23, 2012, 5:09 pm
QUOTE(dlaz @ Apr 23 2012, 04:31 PM)
guys,i saw another cobbler that looks pro,but dont know really how good they are.its just their name sound pro.its in empire subang,near the parking lot b1 i think.the name if i'm not mistaken is shoe doctor.

btw @nekonano:i bought my mink oil from tangs one u.i'm sure empire tangs also has them.cheap only rm30 and can be used many times.unlike the spray water proofer and suede velours is rm25.
tangs one u selling red wing mink oil?which section bro?

This post has been edited by chazychaz: Apr 23 2012, 05:09 PM
Stinky Fart
post Apr 23 2012, 05:11 PM

Casual

I've posted something on the only Malaysian denim forum in the trade section. Check it out and you just might go to sleep smiling tonight.
chazychaz
post Apr 23 2012, 05:16 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Stinky Fart @ Apr 23 2012, 05:11 PM)
I've posted something on the only Malaysian denim forum in the trade section. Check it out and you just might go to sleep smiling tonight.
replied..
dlaz
post Apr 23 2012, 07:39 PM

Casual

QUOTE(chazychaz @ Apr 23 2012, 05:02 PM)

Added on April 23, 2012, 5:09 pm

tangs one u selling red wing mink oil?which section bro?
not specifically for red wing.just a generic mink oil.i used it for my boots and belts.
near the shoes section bro,near all the dress shoes.
nekonano
post Apr 23 2012, 07:54 PM

Getting Started

Nice, will check out Empire this weekend. Thanks!
kevin190791
post Apr 24 2012, 02:17 AM

Casual

been hunting for the release of this jeans,
awesome hand carved leather patch!!!
rclxm9.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
don8ld
post Apr 24 2012, 07:30 AM

R.I.P Gary Moore

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?in...--Dry-Blue.html

hey guys i usually wear length 30 but they only have 32 for my size, would altering cause the product to lose its shape significantly? can all of the enthusiasts shed some light on my problem smile.gif
appreciate all of your comment. thank you
dlaz
post Apr 24 2012, 07:35 AM

Casual

i personally like a longer inseam,like 34.then i would have the stacks near the ankle and also i hate it when i sit down and i would show a bit of my socks and ankle.lol.
Stinky Fart
post Apr 24 2012, 08:49 AM

Casual

QUOTE(kevin190791 @ Apr 24 2012, 02:17 AM)
rclxm9.gif
awesome! I hate their new website btw. How are we supposed to look at their jeans at different angles and respective prices?

QUOTE(don8ld @ Apr 24 2012, 07:30 AM)

hey guys i usually wear length 30 but they only have 32 for my size, would altering cause the product to lose its shape significantly? can all of the enthusiasts shed some light on my problem smile.gif
I don't think it will. Although some stacking or cuffing will do no harm either smile.gif
apsidewatch
post Apr 24 2012, 09:21 AM

Casual

QUOTE(kevin190791 @ Apr 24 2012, 02:17 AM)
rclxm9.gif
what i admire about them indonesians is how they always support local products, aside from int. akaime, warbonet, elhaus, old blue co, and a lot more. dont let me start on leather goods, they have tons of it.

QUOTE(don8ld @ Apr 24 2012, 07:30 AM)

up yours, some ppl like it stack, or cuff. if ur not sure on which one to have, my suggest is to go for stacking first and if it is not into ur liking then try cuff, hemming should be ur last option since u cannot turn back.

u never share ur pair, iirc it is a nudie thin finn. come on take a picture of the fit nod.gif
gnarkill
post Apr 24 2012, 09:42 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(don8ld @ Apr 24 2012, 08:30 AM)

just like Stinky Fart said it's not be a problem, you wouldnt lose the shape just by altering it. unless you reconstructed from slimjim shape to thinfinn shape tongue.gif (one of my friend doing this sweat.gif )

IMO stacking would be great man... rclxms.gif
junky_man
post Apr 24 2012, 09:49 AM

The 'bater Debater

QUOTE(apsidewatch @ Apr 24 2012, 09:21 AM)
up yours, some ppl like it stack, or cuff. if ur not sure on which one to have, my suggest is to go for stacking first and if it is not into ur liking then try cuff, hemming should be ur last option since u cannot turn back.
@apsidewatch Oh mai.....he was just asking about hemming his jeans. no need to feel offended. laugh.gif icon_rolleyes.gif /joking, i know you mean "Up to you". wink.gif

@don8ld on topic, yeah, it's up to you if you want it hemmed. i don't think it'll change dramatically unless the tapered part is significant from the knee down. but don't blame me if you don't like it after you've done it. sweat.gif

Since @apsidewatch mentioned about local denim brands, anyone else has experience in our local Malaysian brands? besides Cheese denim since bro Stinky has one. wink.gif
g3n0c|d3
post Apr 24 2012, 12:11 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....

QUOTE(junky_man @ Apr 24 2012, 09:49 AM)
@apsidewatch Oh mai.....he was just asking about hemming his jeans. no need to feel offended. laugh.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif /joking, i know you mean "Up to you". wink.gif

@don8ld on topic, yeah, it's up to you if you want it hemmed. i don't think it'll change dramatically unless the tapered part is significant from the knee down. but don't blame me if you don't like it after you've done it.  sweat.gif

Since @apsidewatch mentioned about local denim brands, anyone else has experience in our local Malaysian brands? besides Cheese denim since bro Stinky has one. wink.gif
tarik jeans not too shabby i might add... just that they dont do selvedge jeans.... well yet....
Emery
post Apr 24 2012, 12:24 PM

Getting Started

Hey guys, would like some suggestions here. Just coped a pair of momos from blue owl in a W30. Since its a pair of unsanforized ones I sized up 1 than my usual W29.

However, when I tried it on the waist is way too small. Only managed to button up 1 button. So the best solution would be to request for an exchange in size right.

Cheers!
LAYANGLAYANG
post Apr 24 2012, 12:36 PM

Casual

Exchange to W 32, just to be safe.
gnarkill
post Apr 24 2012, 12:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Emery @ Apr 24 2012, 01:24 PM)
Hey guys, would like some suggestions here. Just coped a pair of momos from blue owl in a W30. Since its a pair of unsanforized ones I sized up 1 than my usual W29.

However, when I tried it on the waist is way too small. Only managed to button up 1 button. So the best solution would be to request for an exchange in size right.

Cheers!
if they accept an exchange better do it.. coz its Unsanfor, it will shrink once u soaked it then u cant even button it later sweat.gif

169 Pages « < 133 134 135 136 137 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0942sec    1.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 02:24 AM