Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Tint - RayTech Or Aircool

views

DinKnight
post Mar 20 2012, 08:57 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

Im getting a new sylphy soon and the car's sales package includes V-cool tinting as standard. I'm thinking of asking SA to delete the v-kool and reduce the package price, and do my own tinting outside.

I need safety tint which has high heat rejection and GPS/Smart-Tag friendly. My current ride had aircool installed 5 years ago and had faded now. Any recommendations for my requirements within RM1k? thanks loads
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 23 2013, 01:11 AM

6 posts

I am authorized Raytech Window Film consultant. To get latest information about Raytech International Window Film can ask more question in my thread.

Raytech Window Films are exclusively manufactured in the United States at our world-class facility in Commonwealth Laminating and Coating, Inc in Martinsville, Virginia. At this site, CLC have invested in a broad range of production and manufacturing equipment including precision laminating and coating machinery, and a state-of-the-art dyed film line. Additionally, our technical team of engineers and chemists has developed a wide range of innovative and proprietary technology that is exclusively available to our customers.

Raytech Head Office :
15-17G, Jalan SR8/1, Serdang Raya, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia
Customer Careline : 1800-88-3339

Please visit our international website : www.raytechfilms.com
Raytech Malaysia website : www.raytech.com.my
Raytech Youtube Channel : Raytech Channel
Locate Raytech Outlet : List of Raytech Outlet in Malaysia

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 23 2013, 01:16 AM

6 posts

Guys, why do you think you need window tinting advice. Who do not think the right person can give you the best answer? Professional people advice is very bias, they are in the field, and unprofessional people advice is very unprofessional. They might tell you Elephant is the biggest animal in the world, as they never see the whale before. Normally people, will try to tell you this "brand" is good because they only test on this "brand", and maybe that "brand".

I thinking the most important aspect you guys must know is :
a)The product you pay for it, is original or not?
b)The product you pay for it, is good quality and genuine from USA or not?
c)The specification of the film you pay for it is true or not?

1. Ask about USA manufacturer detail.
Maybe most of the tint shops might claim that their products are from USA, but when asking about the USA manufacturer info, no answer will be given. Do some home work, online check on this matter. The genuine brand will normally reveal the supplier of USA manufacturer information.

2. Make sure the product is not "Home-brand" or not original brand.
Some tricky dealer may input other product which is not original one, sell as original product and given a "new name" this call "Home brand". You guys please online check on the original product name and spec before enter the shop.

3. Original Packaging and logo stamp on film.
All original USA product is come with standard packaging and the film is printed the brand logo. Be aware when you can not find any logo on the film when you tint your car.

Try understand the point and do more research.
Thus, never ask me which brand is better. However, kindly come to me if you interested in Raytech Window Film.

Hamsapguy
post Aug 23 2013, 03:27 PM

8 posts

i would go for cannycool.
art6969
post Aug 23 2013, 03:50 PM

Regular
1,380 posts

Same for me, go for cannycool highest spec, got warranty 10 years
kelvyn
post Apr 4 2014, 07:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Aug 23 2013, 02:16 AM)
Guys, why do you think you need window tinting advice. Who do not think the right person can give you the best answer? Professional people advice is very bias, they are in the field, and unprofessional people advice is very unprofessional. They might tell you Elephant is the biggest animal in the world, as they never see the whale before. Normally people, will try to tell you this "brand" is good because they only test on this "brand", and maybe that "brand".

I thinking the most important aspect you guys must know is :
a)The product you pay for it, is original or not?
b)The product you pay for it, is good quality and genuine from USA or not?
c)The specification of the film you pay for it is true or not?

1. Ask about USA manufacturer detail.
Maybe most of the tint shops might claim that their products are from USA, but when asking about the USA manufacturer info, no answer will be given. Do some home work, online check on this matter. The genuine brand will normally reveal the supplier of USA manufacturer information.

2. Make sure the product is not "Home-brand" or not original brand.
Some tricky dealer may input other product which is not original one, sell as original product and given a "new name" this call "Home brand". You guys please online check on the original product name and spec before enter the shop.

3. Original Packaging and logo stamp on film.
All original USA product is come with standard packaging and the film is printed the brand logo. Be aware when you can not find any logo on the film when you tint your car.

Try understand the point and do more research.
Thus, never ask me which brand is better. However, kindly come to me if you interested in Raytech Window Film.

It seems to imply that only tinting film from USA is good. What about those from other countries like Germany, etc?
xsorimachi
post Jun 29 2014, 09:21 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Apr 4 2014, 07:45 PM)
It seems to imply that only tinting film from USA is good. What about those from other countries like Germany, etc?
Agree with your opinion. Also, does printed Raytech logo proves that it is a quality material? Seems like Raytech SA is putting too much effort to push their product using the same marketing material.
SR20
post Dec 13 2014, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

Bad tinting experiance today at Raytech Tinting puchong.

Dont know that they did and causing my brake light faulty. Didnt press the brake but the light keep ON. ask them what happen Tai Chi me to check with Kia SC. I try to un-plug & re-plug the brake light switch @ the brake pedal and problem still same. Appearantly not the brake switch problem. PLease dont visit that shop anymore. Very angry now I am.

--------

After letting my car overnight and sun bath a day, my car back to normal. And ractech people called and apologized. I really hope they improve their service.

This post has been edited by SR20: Dec 15 2014, 11:31 AM
beyond86
post Dec 13 2014, 11:23 PM

Regular
1,956 posts

QUOTE(firestar8888 @ Mar 19 2012, 11:15 PM)
Anyone know what is the TSER% for RAYTECH tint for n85 and CS85 serires?
54 and 56 respectively
beyond86
post Dec 13 2014, 11:24 PM

Regular
1,956 posts

QUOTE(SR20 @ Dec 13 2014, 08:55 PM)
Bad tinting experiance today at Raytech Tinting puchong.

Dont know that they did and causing my brake light faulty. Didnt press the brake but the light keep ON. ask them what happen Tai Chi me to check with Kia SC. I try to un-plug & re-plug the brake light switch @ the brake pedal and problem still same. Appearantly not the brake switch problem. PLease dont visit that shop anymore. Very angry now I am.
bro, ur problems same with me, they are good in taichi
joe.tham
post Jul 9 2015, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

Tai Chi Master at Aircool.
I tint 9yrs ago top range tint paper use, forgot paper nare eit LTV70. Heat rejection so so compare other brand. They say my car is black colour car. Heat from roof. Suck. I leave it. But recently go puspakom do B5 test to chage ownership. Found paper LTV just less than 50% instead of more that 70%. Force to tear down in order to pass. Today pass by their sale office ask why their paper not reliable. They just play Tai Chi say after 5yrs warranty what u expect. They cannot do anything. Say give me discount if want to tint again. I totally will not trust aircool anymore. Tint again??? (scary). I just go there expect a apologies only since my car also sell already. They also not admit their paper have issue. So disappointed and regret using aircool. So if u plan to use aircool. Think twice.
^Ware^wolf
post Jul 9 2015, 05:25 PM

Enthusiast
906 posts

for those tint , my main concern is the price 1st ... let me know the price and spec and i choose frm there.. a lot of salesman keep asking me to visit them , as if i m so free to go 1 and another ... i know the spec and wat i want , juz tell me the price and i can go other branch to compare....

buzdev2
post Jul 20 2015, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

The key to your answer lies within yourself.

1. What you want?
2. What is the price of 'What you want'?
3. What is the budget [VS] 'What is the price of 'What you want'?

If all these not an issue, go for what you want. However i do suggest you make some research from market / friends and relatives and make possible comparison. Brand is just a brand. Branded stuff are likely glamour because of its reliability and if you can afford it, go for it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:22 PM