Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LAPTOP CAN'T DETECT UNIFI ROUTER, but other devices can and are connected!

views

deadboy 164
post Aug 22 2012, 05:29 PM

On my way
641 posts

QUOTE(water dragon @ Feb 2 2012, 11:30 PM)
Here's the solution:

1) Use a LAN cable to connect your computer to your router or use a friend's PC who could access your wireless network.
2) Log in to your D-Link control panel via 192.168.0.1 in your browser. Enter username as "admin", password leave blank. Click on Login button.
3) Go to Wireless Setup on your left hand panel.
4) Go to Manual Wireless Connection Options section, click on the Manual Wireless Connection Setup button.
5) Go to Wireless Network Global Settings, un-check the Enable Auto Channel Selection option.
6) Change the Wireless Channel to 11.
7) Save the settings. Restart your computer, and then magically, you could reuse your wireless unifi connection again!
Magic did happen! U are the magician! rclxms.gif
iluvthis3
post Nov 5 2012, 10:38 AM

1 posts

Here's the solution:

1) Use a LAN cable to connect your computer to your router or use a friend's PC who could access your wireless network.
2) Log in to your D-Link control panel via 192.168.0.1 in your browser. Enter username as "admin", password leave blank. Click on Login button.
4) Go to Manual Wireless Connection Options section, click on the Manual Wireless Connection Setup button.
5) Go to Wireless Network Global Settings, un-check the Enable Auto Channel Selection option.
7) Save the settings. Restart your computer, and then magically, you could reuse your wireless unifi connection again!
UpDesH
post Dec 25 2012, 03:45 PM

1 posts

Here's the solution:

This worked! Finally I dont have to waste one of my USB ports for a wireless adapter biggrin.gif
kuntaker
post Aug 14 2013, 09:16 AM

React!
1,008 posts

Awesome bro. Manage to get my connection back with that..
TangerineSentry
post Aug 14 2013, 09:43 PM

19 posts

I'm facing the same problem too! I think it has something to do with the OS. I have two laptops, one running on Windows 7 64-bit and the other one on Windows 8 64-bit. They often could not detect my Wf-fi signal. However my other PC running on Windows 7 32-bit has never encountered this problem.
I have used the method suggested by fellow forum member WebWalker. It resolves the problem, but not every time.

QUOTE(WebWalker @ Mar 3 2011, 05:04 PM)
Try to delete the Wireless profile for Unifi connection in Windows.

Restart pc/notebook and see whether it can detect the Unifi WIFI signal.
Sometimes when the above method fails, I have to turn off the laptops, then turn off the wi-fi router, turn the wi-fi router on again. Then only I turn on my laptops and see if they could detect my wi-fi network. It works most of the time.

shykull
post Aug 15 2013, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(TangerineSentry @ Aug 14 2013, 09:43 PM)
I'm facing the same problem too! I think it has something to do with the OS. I have two laptops, one running on Windows 7 64-bit and the other one on Windows 8 64-bit. They often could not detect my Wf-fi signal. However my other PC running on Windows 7 32-bit has never encountered this problem.
I have used the method suggested by fellow forum member WebWalker. It resolves the problem, but not every time.
Sometimes when the above method fails, I have to turn off the laptops, then turn off the wi-fi router, turn the wi-fi router on again. Then only I turn on my laptops and see if they could detect my wi-fi network. It works most of the time.
WPA or WEP?

if WEP:
WEP – Shared Key Authentication has been deprecated and is no longer supported in Windows 8

TangerineSentry
post Aug 15 2013, 09:13 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(shykull @ Aug 15 2013, 01:44 PM)
WPA or WEP?

if WEP:
WPA2-Personal
It was set like that by default
shykull
post Aug 15 2013, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(TangerineSentry @ Aug 15 2013, 09:13 PM)
WPA2-Personal
It was set like that by default
anyway my unifi router also sometime will cause this problem for me. Here is what I did.

1. Change the WiFi Authentication to WEP (OPEN Key)
2. Reset the router.
3. Delete the WiFi profile from the Windows 8/7 Wifi Management
4. Restart the PC/Laptop
5. Re-scan and connect back.

Most of the time it will work. But there are times when it doesn't and I just need to repeat the above steps 2-5.

Not sure what is the reason. I think its like the AES Keys got out of sync. Hence the reason I switch back to WEP.
zaff1984
post Sep 11 2013, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(MiseryGuy @ Mar 3 2011, 05:18 PM)
Solution: Router Advanced Setting-> Advanced Wireless, wireless mode change to 802.11 n/g/b, bandwidth change to 20mhz
its work.. thank you.
guy73
post Nov 14 2013, 09:53 PM

Getting Started
226 posts

QUOTE(MiseryGuy @ Mar 3 2011, 05:18 PM)
Solution: Router Advanced Setting-> Advanced Wireless, wireless mode change to 802.11 n/g/b, bandwidth change to 20mhz
It happened to my dell laptop.. cannot detect my TN wifi signal but others can. Then I follow the setting that u give. It works! Thank you..
mnb78
post Nov 19 2013, 11:49 PM

22 posts

Here's the solution:

Worked for me... not need to restart the laptop in my case.. thanks a lot bro...
XeMoAsLaM91
post Nov 20 2013, 10:25 AM

I ❤ BooBs
2,154 posts

still havent fix yet?
wallance13
post Dec 18 2013, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(xAoiSora @ Mar 12 2012, 11:09 PM)
This totally worked ^__^ Thank you so much! Spent the entire day agonizing over why I could only detect my neighbour's WiFi then tried this out. ETERNALLY GRATEFUL.
This method works perfectly. Nice. Thank you.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:20 PM