Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> To be a temporary school teacher, How does the application goes?

OMG!
post Feb 11 2011, 10:59 AM

Raymond
Group: Senior Member

I find this one to be quite intersting to me, plan to apply as a temporary school teacher for my coming sem break.

Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa Warganegara Malaysia yang berkelayakan dipelawa untuk mengisi kekosongan jawatan Guru Sandaran Tidak Terlatih (GSTT) di Sekolah Menengah, SJK(Cina) dan SJK(Tamil) bagi ambilan Januari 2011.

Sehubungan dengan itu, pemohon yang berminat perlu memenuhi syarat-syarat yang telah ditetapkan.

1. Warganegara Malaysia
   2. Umur (Siswazah <35 tahun / Bukan Siswazah <30 tahun)
   3. Mempunyai  Sijil Kelayakan Akademik yang di iktiraf
   4. Mendapat gred Kepujian Bahasa Melayu (SPM) dan memunyai 3 kepujian subjek yang lain

Borang yang lengkap di isi (2 Salinan) sahaja yang aka diproses. Permohonan ini akan berkahir pada 29 Oktober 2010.

Semua salinan dokumen hendaklah disahkan oleh pegawai kerajaan kumpulan A (contoh : Pengetua Sekolah)

Semua pemohon dikehendaki menghantar dokumen yang perlu sahaja mengikut senarai semak yang diberikan
so i would like to know how can we apply for being a temporary school teacher? i know some of the schools esp the SMK and SMJK always face with the shortage of teachers, be it the current teachers on maternal leave or on vacation or any short courses,so certain schools must have been want more temporary teachers to replace the classes etc.

Do we need to apply straight to the school or through MOE or Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri in the area we live in?

This post has been edited by OMG!: Feb 11 2011, 11:01 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post Feb 11 2011, 11:18 AM

PeACe~~

Just go to the school to ask? They will guide u what or where to apply
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Feb 11 2011, 04:49 PM

Raymond

Well, i have just phoned to the Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri Melaka, according to the staff, they tell me to contact Pejabat Pelajaran Daerah(PPD) if i am looking for Guru Ganti. Actually Guru Sandaran Tidak Terlatih (GSTT) is not the same as Guru Ganti. For Guru Ganti, they are just replaced the teachers who are on maternal leave.

And so, i called the PPD and what concerned me is that they call me to take the form to apply first, and we are not allowed to choose the date where we are available to start teaching, it is entirely depending on the dates where the school teachers are on maternal leave, sigh!~ if that is the case, how could a IPTA student work as a temporary school teacher during their sem break? what if the time is just beyond or before the duration of sem break?
+Quote Post
sonejason
post Feb 11 2011, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I'm working as temp teacher(secondary) now,and the application is very easy,just that the chance you get it is quite low.(Seriously, I pull strings)

In this case,a primary school is under control of Jabatan Pelajaran,to take you or not,depends on the authority. For secondary, it is the school to decide whether to take you or not.But there is one thing you have to know,one school can only take max 4 GSTT,so normally schools take their own STPM leavers or acquaintaces.

Firstly,just go to your PK I office,tell her you want the temp teacher form,fill it.

Secondly,know which level to apply,either primary or secondary.For primary, the form goes to Jabatan Pelajaran in your area.For secondary,give the form to PK I of the school you desire of.

Thirdly,wait for phone call.

Added on February 11, 2011, 5:44 pmOh ya, for guru ganti, the salary is paid by school or the PIBG(Do you think a school will pay for someone they don't know?).And you are paid on daily basis.

This post has been edited by sonejason: Feb 11 2011, 05:44 PM
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Feb 11 2011, 06:34 PM

Raymond

QUOTE(sonejason @ Feb 11 2011, 05:40 PM)
I'm working as temp teacher(secondary) now,and the application is very easy,just that the chance you get it is quite low.(Seriously, I pull strings)

In this case,a primary school is under control of Jabatan Pelajaran,to take you or not,depends on the authority. For secondary, it is the school to decide whether to take you or not.But there is one thing you have to know,one school can only take max 4 GSTT,so normally schools take their own STPM leavers or acquaintaces.

Firstly,just go to your PK I office,tell her you want the temp teacher form,fill it.

Secondly,know which level to apply,either primary or secondary.For primary, the form goes to Jabatan Pelajaran in your area.For secondary,give the form to PK I of the school you desire of.

Thirdly,wait for phone call.

Added on February 11, 2011, 5:44 pmOh ya, for guru ganti, the salary is paid by school or the PIBG(Do you think a school will pay for someone they don't know?).And you are paid on daily basis.
oh that is a way different from what i know to be. Just a few hours ago i called to the Pejabat Pelajaran Daerah(PPD), and they tell me to take the form from them,maybe well, it can also be taken from the school? maybe i shall asked from them. for GSTT and Guru Ganti, we can apply under PPD, but one thing they told me is that for GSTT, u can only apply through JPN.

That is too bad if they give more priority to former school students or acquintances just because i plan to apply to the area which is totally far away from my former primary and secondary school.
would like to know are u now a guru ganti at ur former school?
And i thought the salary will be paid by either PPD or JPN?
+Quote Post
TokAjiSerban
post Feb 11 2011, 09:29 PM

sent your resume directly to school.
+Quote Post
arezz
post Feb 11 2011, 10:40 PM

On my way

for primary, sent application to PPD or JPN
for secondary, sent to school
+Quote Post
zstan
post Feb 11 2011, 11:52 PM

10k Club

do you need to do all these?

all my friends did was just to ASK the principal (your own secondary/primary school of course) whether are there vacancy or not and they will arrange for you.

of course having good relationship with the principal and teachers will make life easier.
+Quote Post
arezz
post Feb 12 2011, 12:36 AM

On my way

wrong. the clerk will process the application. PK1 choose it.
+Quote Post
sonejason
post Feb 12 2011, 02:08 AM

Getting Started

Agree, zstan~
LOL..actually the principal just took me,and only after that I filled in the form for their school record.

I'm GSTT now and salary is paid by PDD(doesn't really matter,as long as it is not the school lol)~

This post has been edited by sonejason: Feb 12 2011, 02:14 AM
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Feb 13 2011, 08:20 AM

Raymond

I know if the school u are applying is your former school, then it is perfectly easier lots to get a position.
however, how if it is not ur former school, for sure there are lots of troubles come by.

i guess the school will send a notification letter stating the need for a Guru Ganti right? then only the PPD will process the application and select the applicants to be filled into the need of that vacancy.this is what i think.

+Quote Post
arezz
post Feb 13 2011, 08:56 AM

On my way

QUOTE(OMG! @ Feb 13 2011, 08:20 AM)
I know  if the school u are applying is your former school, then it is perfectly easier lots to get a position.
however, how if it is not ur former school, for sure there are lots of troubles come by.

i guess the school will send a notification letter stating the need for a Guru Ganti right? then only the PPD will process the application and select the applicants to be filled into the need of that vacancy.this is what i think.
depend on your degree and spm result also. they will look at it. and choose the available subject to you
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Feb 13 2011, 09:28 AM

Raymond

Besides the criteria they consider like SPM result and vacancy, the other problem lies with the correct timing. it is not necessarily that the vacancy is right complement with your semester break. It has to play a role too besides the huge number of applicants awaiting to be filled into the vacancy=(
+Quote Post
arezz
post Feb 13 2011, 09:55 AM

On my way

yup. that's true. if got fresh teacher posting, no more chances to be temporary
+Quote Post
matjenin86
post Feb 13 2011, 09:57 AM

Getting Started

to apply for GSTT definitely through PPD in your area. if you went through different process there must be something wrong somewhere. but bear in mind that GSTT recently have only been accept by experienced GSTT teachers. if you have no experience in teaching before dont save any grudge if you are not accepted. i heard at least minimum three years of teaching as GSTT will only be accepted. Good luck.
+Quote Post
arezz
post Feb 13 2011, 10:35 AM

On my way

QUOTE(matjenin86 @ Feb 13 2011, 09:57 AM)
to apply for GSTT definitely through PPD in your area. if you went through different process there must be something wrong somewhere. but bear in mind that GSTT recently have only been accept by experienced GSTT teachers. if you have no experience in teaching before dont save any grudge if you are not accepted. i heard at least minimum three years of teaching as GSTT will only be accepted. Good luck.
one more, need to use CABLE whistling.gif
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Feb 13 2011, 10:45 AM

Raymond

QUOTE(matjenin86 @ Feb 13 2011, 09:57 AM)
i guess the GSTT is for those who aim to embark on the teaching career with only SPM or STPM result, the word GSTT itself tells us that the teacher is Tidak Terlatih, and yes i believe there are certain requirements for that, and also if u wish move on to a qualified position, definetely a number of years of teaching experience is a must besides attending the training courses conducted etc.

while in the case for Guru Ganti, university students are obviously encouraged to apply for. just that it has to be depending on the number of teachers who are on maternal leave.

P/s: Guru Ganti is different from GSTT.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0537sec    1.79    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:09 AM