Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Maxis bband blacklist (just found out), HELP! had to pay for 1 month FREE TRIAL!

views

TSOrias
post Feb 6 2011, 12:08 PM, updated 14y ago

Getting Started
56 posts

Hello guys,

recently i wanted to change my phone plan from MAXIS to the yellow guy using the MNP thingy due to multiple bill shocks that i've received over the past 12 months. but when they checked my IC number, i was told that i'm currently blacklisted by MAXIS. i went to MAXIS KLCC service centre yesterday and was told by the one of the staff there that i'm blacklisted because of my unpaid old broadband penalty or balance of approximately RM188(in sept or oct 2007). but the thing is, i took the 30 DAY FREE TRIAL promo and sent it back to them within 17 days as i'm not satisfied with the slow unstable speed and connection (that time la) but then I HAD TO PAY FOR THE FREE TRIAL! WTF! and he even told me that they NEVER had any 30 day free trial, only 7 day free trial and i had to pay as i exceeded their 7 day free trial period! shocking.gif

the only way for me not to pay for that so called FREE TRIAL is if i have any copy of their brochure or any paper/agreements between maxis and myself during that time that states the 30 day free trial. unfortunately i have NONE. i've googled the web for this and i've stumbled upon many complaints from other dissatisfied MAXIS customers from various websites/forums with the same problem that i'm having rite now.

can anyone here help me please pertaining to this matter? if u have any old copy of their brochure stating the 30 day free trial (i registered around Sept 2007) or anything that could help me, it would really be much appreciated. you guys can just post it here. and yes, i'm definitely positive that the free trial is for 30 days, not 7 days. too bad i dont have anything too support it. sad.gif

and btw, if anyone of u r having the same problem as i am having rite now, you could share ur experience here too. thx guys! icon_rolleyes.gif
gcwc
post Feb 6 2011, 12:16 PM

38 posts

It nearly happened to me. Luckily I cancelled it on the 7th day. If I remembered correctly, the fees I was told is not for the broadband service but its for the modem when you cancel after 7 days.......that is, if I remembered correctly.
TSOrias
post Feb 6 2011, 12:29 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(gcwc @ Feb 6 2011, 12:16 PM)
It nearly happened to me. Luckily I cancelled it on the 7th day. If I remembered correctly, the fees I was told is not for the broadband service but its for the modem when you cancel after 7 days.......that is, if I remembered correctly.
not sure oso bout that. from what i was told, i had to pay as i've exceeded the 7 day period. and on the day i returned everything back (at KLCC maxis centre), the CS told me that i dont have to pay anything and i dont have to worry about bills or anything but now?? im blacklisted! i remember getting the yellow paper, the customer copy crossed out but then i threw it away after a few months as there was no bill sent to me. no bills but blacklisted in the system.. niceeeeeeee.. been a loyal maxis user for nearly 10 years, from prepaid to postpaid and tis is wat i get. pui la maxis! vmad.gif

This post has been edited by Orias: Feb 6 2011, 12:31 PM
mokogero87
post Feb 9 2011, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

Ya, maxis like trying to cheat their customer.. i purchase mobile internet package for 1 hour, usually i will get instant message that i can use the data for 1hour,

but yesterday when i purchase i only got message 5 minute b4 the 1 hour time end.. what a joke by maxis..
TSOrias
post Feb 10 2011, 04:04 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

change to yellow guy better. still waiting for my name to be cleared. went there last saturday and they told me they would file a complaint under my account, forward it to klcc maxis centre and then sms me a reference number. til today (has been 3 working days), i havent received anything from them. will wait til next monday. if nothing happens then i'll surely report this case to the tribunal. f***ing parasites, sucking the life out of their customers!

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0222sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:08 PM