Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Passive Income Thread, Ways to generate. NO MLMs please.

views

azamreeves
post May 10 2011, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ May 10 2011, 09:06 AM)
Care to explain more??What is the suitable capital to start?
Sacrificing life for money is a lot to ask, you must be artist then
Tough times these days in props business
Diversify is indeed the key word
In my opinion, taking personal loan (low fixed interest) is better than asb loan to top up your account
Yes, it has a huge potential but at the end of day there is no goyang kaki business when you starting. After you have struggling and then the passive income consistently come
I think the most easiest way to have passive income is by property.

But make sure it is a positive cashflow.

Example

I bought a medium low cost apartment in Shah Alam for 60k
I rent out for RM 600,
I paying bank+maintenance is RM 300

In overall I gain extra RM 300

It is more profitable to own luxury condo c/w furniture as the rental will fetch higher and your positive cashflow is more

I'm also looking a way to be a good writer.Maybe someone like Azizi Ali

jphlau
post May 10 2011, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,202 posts

If you have 5 million, just put them in FD @ 3.00% interest per annum. Then you will have passive income of RM150k per year...
azamreeves
post May 10 2011, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(jphlau @ May 10 2011, 10:59 AM)
If you have 5 million, just put them in FD @ 3.00% interest per annum. Then you will have passive income of RM150k per year...
yeah rite.

Give me 4 milion. Can aaa???

I mean we try to be practical here. If you have 5 million you're already rich
Hansel
post May 10 2011, 01:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

Correct ! How to get the 5 Mil first ?????????????
TSsense_less143
post May 10 2011, 02:34 PM

Casual
428 posts

To be honest 3% is much too low for serious investors...
hyzam1212
post May 10 2011, 02:39 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(sense_less143 @ May 10 2011, 02:34 PM)
To be honest 3% is much too low for serious investors...
Absolutely correct

If I have 5 million, I will buy properties to gain higher yield...no need to venture into bank scheme
terradrive
post May 10 2011, 03:31 PM

RRAAAWWRRRRR
1,925 posts

I thought about the ASB loan, but in the end didn't go for it because I can't commit myself to 25 years of loan repayment as well as the unpredictable BLR rates (it had increased 3 times in 2 years!).

I can liquidate 300k, is there any side jobs(passive ones) that I can do with this capital other than unit trusts and stocks? (If I didn't liquidate the price is still appreciating atm)

How about buying the shares of sendirian berhad companies, is the dividend payout good enough in your experience?

This post has been edited by terradrive: May 10 2011, 05:52 PM
hyzam1212
post May 13 2011, 10:15 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(terradrive @ May 10 2011, 03:31 PM)
I thought about the ASB loan, but in the end didn't go for it because I can't commit myself to 25 years of loan repayment as well as the unpredictable BLR rates (it had increased 3 times in 2 years!).

I can liquidate 300k, is there any side jobs(passive ones) that I can do with this capital other than unit trusts and stocks? (If I didn't liquidate the price is still appreciating atm)

How about buying the shares of sendirian berhad companies, is the dividend payout good enough in your experience?
I am 100% agree. Better go for fixed interest personal loan than asb loan. Not worth it due to the unpredictability of BLR nowadays nod.gif

Buying shares for profit must be on big2 companies who have the backing of government or major players in construction and properties I would suggest icon_idea.gif
JerryTeh
post May 30 2011, 02:19 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

i read about vending machine as passive income as well..
wongmunkeong
post May 30 2011, 08:05 AM

Barista FIRE
Group Icon
Elite
5,572 posts

IMHO, there's no such thing as a 100% passive income other than perhaps FD & Bonds (ie. loaning $ to Companies/people). There's some "maintenance work" that needs to be done, even REITs and dividend stocks where one can wait for opportunities to buy & cut losses, needs to be watched & monitored. Thus, having such a mindset where one is willing to work, say 2hrs a day, i think the possibilities of "passive income" becomes much wider and more realistic.
Just a 2cents thought tongue.gif

This post has been edited by wongmunkeong: May 30 2011, 08:06 AM
smartinvestor01
post May 30 2011, 08:32 AM

Saving and Investing for Retirement (The SIR Concept)
1,423 posts

I am using ASM and AS1M as my source of passive income..

Since the risk is low, the price of the funds are fixed, with the consistent returns declared, it would be a reliable source of passive income.

I will not rely on source of passive income which could not sustained.. Even 'too good to be true' schemes are not in my list..

cherroy
post May 30 2011, 12:39 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(JerryTeh @ May 30 2011, 02:19 AM)
i read about vending machine as passive income as well..
A lot of things can be passive income, even franchising can be considered partial passive income.

But most of story you read is on those successful one, while there may be tons of people losing money in venture in various passive income medium which you may never heard and know.

Vending machine no surprise can be passive income source, but it doesn't mean it is 100% can be as well.

But one thing is that if a person persuading to venture into some passive income business/machine by buying the business/machine with x amount of money from them, then you must do your own due diligence.
If the passive income of the business/machine is so good and easily being done, they do not need to sell it to you.
wongmunkeong
post May 30 2011, 12:47 PM

Barista FIRE
Group Icon
Elite
5,572 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ May 30 2011, 12:39 PM)
A lot of things can be passive income, even franchising can be considered partial passive income.

But most of story you read is on those successful one, while there may be tons of people losing money in venture in various passive income medium which you may never heard and know.

Vending machine no surprise can be passive income source, but it doesn't mean it is 100% can be as well.

But one thing is that if a person persuading to venture into some passive income business/machine by buying the business/machine with x amount of money from them, then you must do your own due diligence.
If the passive income of the business/machine is so good and easily being done, they do not need to sell it to you.
Yup yup - case in point ATM machines (ie. cash spewing machines) in AU, water vending machines, etc tongue.gif
Simple 1st check - how much is the cost of the machine (dont lar ask THEM, google it or ask manufacturers) VS how much are they selling to U?
This is usually the first cut where THEY bleed U cow cow first without U knowing it as THEY turn your focus to the returns and management of them machines tongue.gif
Hansel
post May 30 2011, 04:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(wongmunkeong @ May 30 2011, 09:05 AM)
IMHO, there's no such thing as a 100% passive income other than perhaps FD & Bonds (ie. loaning $ to Companies/people). There's some "maintenance work" that needs to be done, even REITs and dividend stocks where one can wait for opportunities to buy & cut losses, needs to be watched & monitored. Thus, having such a mindset where one is willing to work, say 2hrs a day, i think the possibilities of "passive income" becomes much wider and more realistic.
Just a 2cents thought  tongue.gif
Wong, FULLY-AGREED on your point here. Always, there will be some maintenance work involved, it's just how how maintenance work is required, and this goes back to our criterias which we first use to select such instruments.

Though I have private bankers and relationship amanagers helping me, I still need to oversee things off and on, doing some 'spot-checks' on them lar, per se.
Hansel
post May 30 2011, 04:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ May 30 2011, 09:32 AM)
I am using ASM and AS1M as my source of passive income..

Since the risk is low, the price of the funds are fixed, with the consistent returns declared, it would be a reliable source of passive income.

I will not rely on source of passive income which could not sustained.. Even 'too good to be true' schemes are not in my list..
Same here - after considering many factors and many other products locally and internationally, I must say such PNB Fixed-price products are still the best up till now. We can argue about the underlyings, etc, etc,.. but the yearly dividend returns are really good for consistent income.
Human Nature
post May 30 2011, 09:26 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,131 posts

Would playing online games and selling off the resources for currency considered passive income? No cash investment, only playing time, say accumulated 2 hours daily, leisurely. RM200-RM300 monthly
cherroy
post May 30 2011, 09:28 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 30 2011, 09:26 PM)
Would playing online games and selling off the resources for currency considered passive income? No cash investment, only playing time, say accumulated 2 hours daily, leisurely. RM200-RM300 monthly
No, this is active income, this is a side income.

Passive income, means you do nothing and got income.
Human Nature
post May 30 2011, 09:29 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ May 30 2011, 09:28 PM)

right, thanks smile.gif
smartinvestor01
post May 30 2011, 10:52 PM

Saving and Investing for Retirement (The SIR Concept)
1,423 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ May 30 2011, 04:59 PM)
Same here - after considering many factors and many other products locally and internationally, I must say such PNB Fixed-price products are still the best up till now. We can argue about the underlyings, etc, etc,.. but the yearly dividend returns are really good for consistent income.
Yape, people can never denied the consistent returns..

Next year onwards, it would be starting to contribute quite hundreds of monthly income.. Not much if compared to investing in other high-risk investments, but at least, no worries, and a peace of mind.. lol..
Hansel
post May 31 2011, 05:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ May 30 2011, 10:28 PM)

Cherroy,... what is your opinion on stocks investing ? Though much has been said about the dividend income being a form of Passive Income, investors will still need to monitor company results, hear rumours about companies out there and at times, do some buying and selling to maintain consistency in the dividend payouts.

Can we still regard this dividend income as Passive Income ?

26 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0288sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:40 AM