Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University UCSI vs USM-KLE, which one is the best...

views

TSjyu_bonk
post Feb 1 2011, 01:36 AM, updated 6y ago

Casual
316 posts

-I want to apologize in advance if im posting this thread wrongly in the forum-

So, I do get an offer to do medicine in either UCSI and USM-KLE offshore in India. Can I get any advice which one is better university overall including the teaching method, facilities, accreditation and etc etc...

TyVm...
CyberSetan
post Feb 1 2011, 10:00 AM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(jyu_bonk @ Feb 1 2011, 01:36 AM)
-I want to apologize in advance if im posting this thread wrongly in the forum-

So, I do get an offer to do medicine in either UCSI and USM-KLE offshore in India. Can I get any advice which one is better university overall including the teaching method, facilities, accreditation and etc etc...

TyVm...
If you got an offer from USM-KLE, then its a no brainer - Choose USM-KLE, its an offer from IPTA for crying-out-loud.

http://www.usm.my/index.php/en/about-usm/n...an-usm-kle.html

If you reject that offer and took UCSI's offer instead... I'm sorry to say... that will be the STUPIDEST choice you will ever make in your life.

This post has been edited by CyberSetan: Feb 1 2011, 10:11 AM
Icehart
post Feb 1 2011, 10:17 AM

All Stars
14,304 posts

Go IPTA. You have the golden opportunity there mate! UCSI is just a normal University cramped into a small building. You won't have the feeling of University.
onelove89
post Feb 1 2011, 10:24 AM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Feb 1 2011, 10:17 AM)
Go IPTA. You have the golden opportunity there mate! UCSI is just a normal University cramped into a small building. You won't have the feeling of University.
haha it ain't that small though =P but yes, agree with icehart and cybersetan. USM-KLE.
cckkpr
post Feb 1 2011, 11:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,405 posts

UCSI is underrated and the exams are quite a hurdle. USM-KLE is based more on a write-up and may not be what it is.

I am surprised you got such an early offer from UCSI for the Year 2011 intake!
CyberSetan
post Feb 1 2011, 12:20 PM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(cckkpr @ Feb 1 2011, 11:03 AM)
UCSI is underrated and the exams are quite a hurdle. USM-KLE is based more on a write-up and may not be what it is.

I am surprised you got such an early offer from UCSI for the Year 2011 intake!
I assume that TS is smart enough to get such offer from USM-KLE.

USM-KLE offer is an offer from an IPTA - which pawns every offer made by any IPTS in Malaysia. (Including UCSI's)

... and as an IPTA, the cost of program is damn cheap (if not free - due to scholarship) and moreover since it is conducted abroad, I assume that this program will come with sponsorship for the student (JPA is likely), a sponsored medical student in India will usually get USD700/month.

...and the Indian medical college in which USM is collaborating with is a WELL ESTABLISHED medical college in Karnataka (the same Indian state where - Kasturba Medical College, MMMC and MSU-IMS are located).

USM is collaborating with this medical college:

http://www.jnmc.edu/

... and in case that the TS didn't read my reply in another thread here it is again:

QUOTE(jyu_bonk @ Jan 29 2011, 05:05 PM)
anyone here do have any more info about usm-kle ie. the environment, the classes been conducted there an such...

i get the offer but dunno much about it. tyvm smile.gif
Take the offer.

You will be studying in Northern Karnataka, India, there is a lot of Malaysians studying there at the moment.
There is one fellow in Lowyat studying there, he doesn't hang around education essentials but you can message him if you want to know more:

http://forum.lowyat.net/user/tjinn

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1709095&hl=

I can tell you a bit about India or Karnataka in general, just browse through the following (taken from another thread), you can read what is relevant (except MSU-IMS part):

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by CyberSetan: Feb 1 2011, 01:34 PM
TSjyu_bonk
post Feb 1 2011, 01:31 PM

Casual
316 posts

After I show this thread and the replies, I able to convinve my parent to take USM-KLE offer.

Really thnks for those sharing 2 cents.

Hope everyone success in each field u r taking...

TYVM... smile.gif
CyberSetan
post Feb 1 2011, 01:45 PM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(jyu_bonk @ Feb 1 2011, 01:31 PM)
After I show this thread and the replies, I able to convinve my parent to take USM-KLE offer.

TYVM... smile.gif
You mean, your parent's didn't want you take that offer before? laugh.gif
Tell them to hang around forums such as this, they will learn a lot~

This post has been edited by CyberSetan: Feb 1 2011, 01:46 PM
Icehart
post Feb 1 2011, 07:03 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

QUOTE(onelove89 @ Feb 1 2011, 10:24 AM)
haha it ain't that small though =P but yes, agree with icehart and cybersetan. USM-KLE.
Considered tiny lah if you want to compare to those IPTA biggrin.gif
Dagger69
post Feb 1 2011, 08:07 PM

u no say?
1,196 posts

To tell you the truth, UCSI medic is a no go option. Come on, you are going to india mate!! XD USM-KLE for sure.
Botakbotol
post Mar 26 2018, 02:09 AM

41 posts

May I know how much is the overall tuition fees for USM-KLE programme? Is there PTPTN or any loan service provided besides MARA?(cuz I'm a non-bumi)
CyberSetan
post Mar 26 2018, 09:11 AM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(Botakbotol @ Mar 26 2018, 02:09 AM)
May I know how much is the overall tuition fees for USM-KLE programme? Is there PTPTN or any loan service provided besides MARA?(cuz I'm a non-bumi)
You can call them:

http://www.usmkle.edu.in/
CyberSetan
post Mar 26 2018, 09:15 AM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(jyu_bonk @ Feb 1 2011, 01:31 PM)

TYVM... smile.gif
Are you still around? your last post was in 2011...

By now you should have graduated already.

Share your experience be it good or bad.
Botakbotol
post Mar 26 2018, 12:53 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(CyberSetan @ Mar 26 2018, 06:11 AM)
You can call them:

http://www.usmkle.edu.in/
Aight,thanks.
TSjyu_bonk
post Mar 30 2018, 08:52 AM

Casual
316 posts

QUOTE(CyberSetan @ Mar 26 2018, 09:15 AM)
Are you still around? your last post was in 2011...

By now you should have graduated already.

Share your experience be it good or bad.
Hi, I can't believe that this thread is still alive lol.

I am the 1st batch graduated student from USM-KLE and currently working in HTJS.
I'm so sorry but I'm not so much a writer, so maybe my writings is not in a very well composure to truly answer your question.

Overall, it was unregreatable moment in my life when I was asking from you guys opinion regarding my option before. It is totally a great experience to complete my study there.

At 1st, my batch was pioneered by only 48 students (with a max quota of 100 students) per batch. Initially, USM unable to get a proper hostel and we need to liaise with the local
university in Belgaum. However, when I was in 3rd-year, USM already get their own land and build our own hostel compound with shared facilities like futsal/ basketball court and swimming pool for sports.

We also able to strengthen our bond with MARA, and now most of us in USM-KLE was MARA sponsored. As for the university facilities for study medicine, it was as good as USM Kubang Kerian I guess,
but we do have a very big language barrier when trying to communicate as India have 40++ different languages and that does not even include slangs. Even the local medical officer there also
sometimes find it difficult to communicate but however, we do have several basic language classes to master basic questions.

As for curriculum-wise, it is totally the same and adopted from USM Kubang Kerian, the syllabus, the exam and etc will always be the same with the USM local, even timing of exam
will be adjusted in between both universities to ensure no cheating in an exam. Plus, the holiday that us in India get is even more, if Malaysia has PH, USM-KLE will be close
and if India has their PH, the university will be closed too. So we get more holidays in honoring both countries as the students are from Malaysia and all lecturers are from India.

We do have a bikers club in our university and we did travel to a lot of places. The people in India do indeed see us as "god" sometimes because those people that came to the hospital
mostly poor people and them indeed in need of help. Currently, USM already our own hospital for study clinical, our own patients and hospital staffs.

There was a lot I want to talk about since I was reminiscing back the moment when I needed to make my choice and asking opinion in this group. In general, it was the
best choice I made in my life, yet.

p/s: Do PM me if you need more information or you have more inquiry, hopefully, I can be at my best to provide you answers.

https://www.thebelgaumnews.com/2018/03/23/m...good-samaritan/
TSjyu_bonk
post Mar 30 2018, 08:59 AM

Casual
316 posts

QUOTE(Botakbotol @ Mar 26 2018, 02:09 AM)
I was unable to get a sponsorship at 1st, but I totally forget how much did I pay to usm per semester. I'll ask around and get to you back ASAP.

This post has been edited by jyu_bonk: Mar 30 2018, 09:00 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:54 PM